MMO-Champion - Blizzard Trademarks "Warlords of Draenor" - WoW Expansion
Blizzard Trademarks "Warlords of Draenor" - WoW Expansion
Blizzard just trademarked "Warlords of Draenor" in New Zealand. It was then registered in Australia shortly after.

  • Computer game software, computer game discs, downloadable computer game software, computer game software downloadable from a global computer network, interactive multimedia computer game program; downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs.
  • Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games; providing on-line non-downloadable computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network; providing online news and information in the field of computer games.

It's also worth mentioning that warlordsofdraenor.com was registered a month ago.

I do realize that we had a lot of fun times with trademarks in the past (*cough* Dark Below *cough*) but let's just say that on a personal level I'm pretty confident about this one. I'll leave the speculation up to you guys until Blizzcon.



This article was originally published in forum thread: Blizzard Trademarks "Warlords of Draenor" - WoW Expansion started by Boubouille View original post
Comments 793 Comments
  1. Repefe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Your wording of your statements spoke and implied that. You either backpedaled or need to word yourself better please. Again you keep calling things shit. How is Blizzard supposed to learn from their *mistakes*? I mean if I worked somewhere and my boss said it's shit. How am I going to improve?
    If I tried to speak for everyone I would say millions ... anyway. Shit is the best I can say about it. Honestly. It's so bad it does not deserve a better word and if guys at Blizz do not see it, I don't really feel like explaining it to them. For me interesting story starts with interesting characters. Neither Garrosh, nor Deatwing (or Sha for that matter) satisfy that requirement. Garrosh, dumb berserking orc ... no fucks given. Deathwing, in the form of dumb dragon flying around ... no fucks given. Sha ... tentacle monsters that control humanoids, nice japaneese reference, but I am not japaneese to apreciate that kind of monsters.

    And if we go around and back to the name of the epxansion if it is an epansion name, we get what ... warlords. Wow ... warlords, hm, warlords ... hm, Wrath of the Lich King ... I know we are talking about Lich King ... warlords ... hm, who are we talking about ?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    First off, "thousands of others" could mean everything from one thousand, to a million thousand and second off, if i said "many others doesnt mean the whole playerbase" then obviously im not saying Wow shrunk to the thousands.

    I like how you call me stubborn when you're the bigot here who's refusing to accept or consider anything other people are saying and not listing reasons why you think the story is bad. If you only speak for your self then don't vouch for "hundreds or thousands of others." I also like how you think WoW's playerbase will decrease to zero. Wow was at it's peak in late vanilla to BC so it's easy to deny whatever dumb theory for WoW's playerbase loss you and other people may cook up and realize that WoW's playerbase is only leveling out from the massive popularity it gained before. It's not the apocalypse.
    Wow was at it's peak in WotLK. Fyi.
  1. Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    If I tried to speak for everyone I would say millions ... anyway. Shit is the best I can say about it. Honestly. It's so bad it does not deserve a better word and if guys at Blizz do not see it, I don't really feel like explaining it to them. For me interesting story starts with interesting characters. Neither Garrosh, nor Deatwing (or Sha for that matter) satisfy that requirement. Garrosh, dumb berserking orc ... no fucks given. Deathwing, in the form of dumb dragon flying around ... no fucks given. Sha ... tentacle monsters that control humanoids, nice japaneese reference, but I am not japaneese to apreciate that kind of monsters.

    And if we go around and back to the name of the epxansion if it is an epansion name, we get what ... warlords. Wow ... warlords, hm, warlords ... hm, Wrath of the Lich Kind ... I know we are talking about Lich King ... warlords ... hm, who are we talking about ?
    Who through manipulation screwed Draenor over.
  1. Agoonga's Avatar
    Playable Ogres on Horde, no doubt about that.

    Probably playable High Elves lead by Alleria on Alliance but not as likely as Ogres.
  1. Issalice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zwoopaman View Post
    And everyone was just laughing at the guy that posted it yesterday. LOL

    No kidding! lol I apologize sir...or madam, if you are in fact right that is Time will tell, Blizzcon is so close now!
  1. Zebuthecow's Avatar
    Looks like those who thought the tease of going to the Black Forest were right if this is the new expansion.

    Also--- why do so many of you whine so much? I mean you obviously enjoy doing it so how can we take anything you complain about as serious?
  1. Frozen Death Knight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    Wow so the person who everyone was laughing at and saying "fake" might of been right? How interesting, but i sure hope his idea of "Grom being the main antagonist" is wrong
    If it is true, I honestly have no idea why Blizzard would try to do that to begin with. Grom's storyarc is done. Finished. Why bring back a character who just had his own son being the main antagonist of an entire expansion? Heck, it wouldn't even make any sense considering that Grom overcame his struggles to free himself and his people. Why ruin that by making him an enemy?
  1. Dethekk's Avatar
    Like someone pointed out in this thread already, I bet it is the new name for the "Blizzard All-Stars", since the conflict. Even the name sounds similar "Warlords of Draenor" compared to "Heroes of the Storm"

    http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/10/23/he...mark-conflict/
  1. Jokerfiend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    Illidan was in prison until Warcraft 3. Pre-Outland Draenor is during or before Warcraft 2.
    WOOOSH!

    You must of ducked.
  1. Repefe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Who through manipulation screwed Draenor over.
    How many wow players do you expect know what Dreanor means ... Warlords of Dreanor reads like [Leader mob] of [Something]. When I compare it to Wrath of the Lich King ... which reads as [Wrath] of the [Lich King], kind of self explanatory. I mean, going back to legion is great ... ppl who expect Blizz to pull out their A game, does not look like it so far ... but untill the expansion hits we can only be surprised (in a good way). So that's something to look forward to.
  1. majesta's Avatar
    If this is true it doesn't mean we are going back to Outland. Maybe just a visit, but that is all. Draenor was torn apart when Ner'zhul attempted to allow the remaining orcs on Draenor to escape to other worlds by opening other dimensional portals. I would think that we are going to start going to other worlds and any remaining fragments of Draenor that are floating in the nether. The big question is what causes this?

    I would like to think that one of the former orc warlords escaped to a planet controlled by the legion or they straight up conquered it in the name of the legion. The legion says hey you are good at this, there is this troubled planet we just can't seem to get called Azeroth. Go kick its ass. Here comes us recovering from a supposedly brutal global war and a cataclysm now having to unite both factions once and for all against the real ultimate threat, the Burning Legion. I expect to see massive expansion on Draenei, Blood Elf, High Elf, Pre-Azeroth Orc, and missing Alliance Heroes lore.
  1. xerxo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethekk View Post
    Like someone pointed out in this thread already, I bet it is the new name for the "Blizzard All-Stars", since the conflict. Even the name sounds similar "Warlords of Draenor" compared to "Heroes of the Storm"

    http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/10/23/he...mark-conflict/
    nonsense, the blizz moba is supposed to involve heroes from all blizz franchises. to call the game WoD doesn't fit at all
  1. Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    How many wow players do you expect know what Dreanor means ... Warlords of Dreanor reads like [Leader mob] of [Something]. When I compare it to Wrath of the Lich King ... which reads as [Wrath] of the [Lich King], kind of self explanatory. I mean, going back to legion is great ... ppl who expect Blizz to pull out their A game, does not look like it so far ... but untill the expansion hits we can only be surprised (in a good way). So that's something to look forward to.
    Because if people have been following WoW since BC. They should know what Draenor is.
  1. Alayea's Avatar
    "Warlords of Draenor"

    Yep, time-traveling. Otherwise I'd be pissed at Blizzard giving the Outlands the "revamp" treatment.
  1. Frozen Death Knight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    How many wow players do you expect know what Dreanor means ... Warlords of Dreanor reads like [Leader mob] of [Something]. When I compare it to Wrath of the Lich King ... which reads as [Wrath] of the [Lich King], kind of self explanatory. I mean, going back to legion is great ... ppl who expect Blizz to pull out their A game, does not look like it so far ... but untill the expansion hits we can only be surprised (in a good way). So that's something to look forward to.
    Well, at least then we would know how many people didn't read the quest texts when playing this darn game at some point in the past 9+ years.
  1. ro9ue's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethekk View Post
    Like someone pointed out in this thread already, I bet it is the new name for the "Blizzard All-Stars", since the conflict. Even the name sounds similar "Warlords of Draenor" compared to "Heroes of the Storm"

    http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/10/23/he...mark-conflict/
    Holy shit! Well if that's the case, then we all got punked. But yeah, makes sense.
  1. Spotnick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by balir View Post
    I gather that the city that is currently a dungeon, actually has 3 dungeons at the moment. The city, before it was blown away - Auchindoun.
    (too many pages, apologies if someone has already mentioned this possibility)
    Not a lore nerd, but isn't Auchindoun a space ship?
  1. ro9ue's Avatar
    Before everyone gets all nuts about Warlords of Draenor, you should read http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/10/23/he...mark-conflict/
  1. Jokerfiend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    "Warlords of Draenor"

    Yep, time-traveling. Otherwise I'd be pissed at Blizzard giving the Outlands the "revamp" treatment.
    Regardless, it's still a revamp if it goes into Outlands. It doesn't mean it has to do with Draenor at all. It could just be referring to Alleria and Turalyon.

    It's been mentioned a couple of times, by Blizzard, that Outlands needs a reboot. It doesn't make a story cohesive. Starting a toon is like this, you are in the current timeline, jump to the past for Outlands, then into the past again for Northrend, then BACK into present with Cata and MOP.

    It doesn't flow like Cata into MOP does, and you can bet your ass they are going to revamp that shit sooner or later.
  1. Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Before everyone gets all nuts about Warlords of Draenor, you should read http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/10/23/he...mark-conflict/
    Except the Moba will consist of all of Blizzard's franchises. How would that even make sense/
  1. parlaa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Before everyone gets all nuts about Warlords of Draenor, you should read http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/10/23/he...mark-conflict/
    And that has anything to do with World of Warcraft because?

Site Navigation