MMO-Champion - Blizzard Trademarks "Warlords of Draenor" - WoW Expansion
Blizzard Trademarks "Warlords of Draenor" - WoW Expansion
Blizzard just trademarked "Warlords of Draenor" in New Zealand. It was then registered in Australia shortly after.

  • Computer game software, computer game discs, downloadable computer game software, computer game software downloadable from a global computer network, interactive multimedia computer game program; downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs.
  • Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games; providing on-line non-downloadable computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network; providing online news and information in the field of computer games.

It's also worth mentioning that warlordsofdraenor.com was registered a month ago.

I do realize that we had a lot of fun times with trademarks in the past (*cough* Dark Below *cough*) but let's just say that on a personal level I'm pretty confident about this one. I'll leave the speculation up to you guys until Blizzcon.



This article was originally published in forum thread: Blizzard Trademarks "Warlords of Draenor" - WoW Expansion started by Boubouille View original post
Comments 792 Comments
  1. manswtor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazus View Post
    I guess we're getting a revamped Outland. I wonder if they'll include new zones in Outland (maybe other pieces of Draenor) or if they'll use some kind of phasing mechanic.
    If they even try to do that in any shape or possible form that's against all the things they said how much it failed in Cata. Highly doubt we will go down that path.
  1. theWocky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thodrin View Post
    Well boys, looks like were going back in time...........
    But! Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is MADNESS!
  1. UnifiedDivide's Avatar
    Despite the fact that I tend to side with Boub whenever he's sure of something (let's face it, he's the only one of us in the know lol), I'd love it if it was something totally unexpected.

    Remember how Blizzard have a least one team working on possible future games? Games that are more casual and a bit smaller in scope and such? What if it was a totally new game? Kinda like Hearthstone with regards to using the WoW license but not being a part of WoW.
  1. scelero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kallekaka View Post
    And guys, stop saying youll quit before you even know what the expac will be about
    I don't even know what the next expac will be but I'm quitting.
  1. miffy23's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kallekaka View Post
    Yeah true dat.
    Its like "Wrath of the Lich King" being an expansion name lol.
    Oh no, wait a second...

    And guys, stop saying youll quit before you even know what the expac will be about
    I won't quit. But it'll make me seriously reconsider, for the first time after 10 years. Unless they can very convincingly and awesomely present and sell me on WHY we need time travel, old characters and freaking Draenor for an entire expansion. You think MoP was "pandering" to kids? How about an entire expansion of pandering to the vocal minority that just wants their nostalgia wank? Yeah, great progressive storytelling and immersion.
  1. zaneosak's Avatar
    How can anybody be upset by this??? This all REEKS (in a good way) of Burning Legion stuff. We're talking Alleria, Turalyon, VELEN (finally) If this is the case this is what everybody has been waiting for. Fuck the pandas, fuck the horde vs alliance shit, FUCK GARROSH SURVIVING (worst ending ever) They have ridiculous potential with these characters, it's about time they put it to use and stop playing patty cake with taran zhu and lorewalker cho.

    I also think all of you complainers are jumping the gun on "Cata 2.0" Outland is dead, they arent going to send us there and revamp. They could send us to another version of it which could look/feel completely different. This 100% Burning Legion stuff, do you really care about the pandaland story over burning legion story? give me a break.
  1. Shaggydog's Avatar
    So clearly this will be a link back to the Burning Legion, which I think is awesome I've been waiting for sargeras to come into the picture. But the only problem with that is Sargeras is like the end game to the game forever. He is what makes the wow universe what it is. The most powerful being we could ever face head on. Which means what's next them? Sure we could go up against azshara and the old god. Nzok or whatever can't Remeber right now. But they'll be nothing compared to sargeras which is why I was really hoping dark below was going to be the expansion. Kill azshara then go for sargeras in the next one. Either way think this expac is gunna be awesome if it's going to be against sargeras. But as for lore it'll really be the hardest boss to kill overall and anything after is kinda like what's the point.
  1. therayeffect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    Guys, all of you who still say this isn't the expansion, yeah you.

    Deal with it now, come to peace with it before blizzcon comes and you're forced to say "i didn't belive it wasn't the expansion that much".

    All the other trademarks were reported on this site as "trademarks". This one has the words "WoW Expansion" right next to them. If Boubouille himself goes out of his way to say THIS IS the expansion, don't you think he knows what the corgi hell he's talking about?

    Embrace the truth.

    Forget about The Dark Below, it's starting to look sad and desperate...
    Some of us don't want to believe it's the expansion because I don't want another back in time asspull where someone goes mad with power while I'm playing in rehashed content. I really hope I'm wrong and the name isn't quite what it seems.
  1. UnifiedDivide's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggydog View Post
    So clearly this will be a link back to the Burning Legion, which I think is awesome I've been waiting for sargeras to come into the picture. But the only problem with that is Sargeras is like the end game to the game forever. He is what makes the wow universe what it is. The most powerful being we could ever face head on. Which means what's next them? Sure we could go up against azshara and the old god. Nzok or whatever can't Remeber right now. But they'll be nothing compared to sargeras which is why I was really hoping dark below was going to be the expansion. Kill azshara then go for sargeras in the next one. Either way think this expac is gunna be awesome if it's going to be against sargeras. But as for lore it'll really be the hardest boss to kill overall and anything after is kinda like what's the point.
    Yeah... we wouldn't be fighting Sargeras. Like, at all. If anything, it would be Kil'jaeden.
  1. Shaggydog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Yeah... we wouldn't be fighting Sargeras. Like, at all. If anything, it would be Kil'jaeden.
    I personally think kil'jaden will be on the expansion but I don't think he'd be the end boss. I hope he is that way the burning legion can come back like it's supposed to fight kil'jaden and then we go to the dark below expansion and the emerald nightmare should definitely be thrown into the mix with azshara and nzok them back to sargeras. Guess they could do that. I think they'd lose subs though. Going back to the burning legion 3 times. I wouldn't have an issue with it but I'm a lore nerd so it'd all make sense
  1. Tanidor's Avatar
    I LOVED MoP! And if almost everyone are getting hyped about this possible new expansion, then I will be even MORE HYPED!!!!

    I do hope we have some new stuff added for Guild Perks and possible Guild Halls! That would put the icing on the cake!
  1. miffy23's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak View Post
    How can anybody be upset by this??? This all REEKS (in a good way) of Burning Legion stuff. We're talking Alleria, Turalyon, VELEN (finally) If this is the case this is what everybody has been waiting for. Fuck the pandas, fuck the horde vs alliance shit, FUCK GARROSH SURVIVING (worst ending ever) They have ridiculous potential with these characters, it's about time they put it to use and stop playing patty cake with taran zhu and lorewalker cho.

    I also think all of you complainers are jumping the gun on "Cata 2.0" Outland is dead, they arent going to send us there and revamp. They could send us to another version of it which could look/feel completely different. This 100% Burning Legion stuff, do you really care about the pandaland story over burning legion story? give me a break.
    "Pandaland story" was actually excellent. And you're severely misunderstanding most of us nay-sayers.
    I for one would be fairly happy with a Legion story. But not with time travel.
    I don't want to travel back in time, it feels like stepping back from the story and the flow of the game, in short, feels like distraction from what we actually want.

    But it's too soon to judge, if this is real. We'll see what it really means.
  1. Darkhallows's Avatar
    I mean exactly. The only way I'll want a Time Travel xpac is if it actually has some long-standing impact on the story and isn't filler. It's sort of a requirement for an xpac. If there's a Timewalker class, and classic Draenor races playable, and they meet the first requirement, I'm down.

    I was very pleased with MoP's story sans Garrosh's character direction, so my hopes are high for WoD.

    It just needs to do something real and memorable, and not be just a nostalgia trip.

    All of this is of course null and void if it ISN'T a time travel xpac.
  1. UnifiedDivide's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    "Pandaland story" was actually excellent. And you're severely misunderstanding most of us nay-sayers.
    I for one would be fairly happy with a Legion story. But not with time travel.
    I don't want to travel back in time, it feels like stepping back from the story and the flow of the game, in short, feels like distraction from what we actually want.

    But it's too soon to judge, if this is real. We'll see what it really means.
    Blizzard have always said they want the game (including story) to always move forward, always progress. That's the main reason I feel time travel seems a bit.... iffy. As far as we know, there will be no time travel. The expansion says "Of Draenor" not on or anything like that. It could just be us moving to a new world and meeting old Orcs that escaped Draenor through one of the portals like Alleria and Turalyon did. They could have then become the Warlords of all the Orcs that escaped or dominated whatever race they found on a new planet and became their leader, i.e. Warlord.... who knows? People seem to have just jumped on the time travel bandwagon.
  1. lambey's Avatar
    i feel that this isn't legit.
    a side story about grom? no thanks. id rather it was the dark below, with Azshara and N'Zoth. we are long overdue to see Azshara and i feel like blizzard wouldn't really waste ANOTHER expansion in terms of main story progression.
  1. miffy23's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Blizzard have always said they want the game (including story) to always move forward, always progress. That's the main reason I feel time travel seems a bit.... iffy. As far as we know, there will be no time travel. The expansion says "Of Draenor" not on or anything like that. It could just be us moving to a new world and meeting old Orcs that escaped Draenor through one of the portals like Alleria and Turalyon did. They could have then become the Warlords of all the Orcs that escaped or dominated whatever race they found on a new planet and became their leader, i.e. Warlord.... who knows? People seem to have just jumped on the time travel bandwagon.
    That's actually a very good idea and point. "of Draenor" doesn't necessarily mean "on Draenor" or in the past.
    It also illustrates that we got Alleria and Turalyon promised to us long ago. How would they figure in time travel to Draenor's past, when they don't arrive there until the happenings of Warcraft 2: Beyond the Dark Portal? Ofc they could arrive from somewhere and travel back in time with us, but it seems...convoluted.
    Which is again, why this just doesn't make sense so far.

    Can't wait for Blizzcon just to get answers.
  1. voskopoula's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Some things to say.

    Outlands is a VERY small portion of what Draenor used to be. If Draenor is similar to Azeroth, then the Outland is smaller then one of the various continents- and Draenor probably never experienced a sundering before the opening of the portals. So yea. The Outland is part of Draenor. The Outland is NOT all of Draenor. I think that we will most likely go to an unbroken part of the planet to do... various things. Mostly kill things and collect lewtz.
    I was gonna write something similar to this, if we get indeed back to draenor, outland will be insignificant in size compared to Draenor, after all in outland went all betrayers etc, we have yet to encounter Draenor as whole.
  1. Arbs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Despite the fact that I tend to side with Boub whenever he's sure of something (let's face it, he's the only one of us in the know lol), I'd love it if it was something totally unexpected.

    Remember how Blizzard have a least one team working on possible future games? Games that are more casual and a bit smaller in scope and such? What if it was a totally new game? Kinda like Hearthstone with regards to using the WoW license but not being a part of WoW.
    Ya your leaning towards what my Sig says, Possible Warcraft 4 for the 20th Anniversary.
  1. Xeroz's Avatar
    The only way we´re going to see Draenor as a whole is with Timetravel . otherwise we wont see it. But i was more thinking of all the visions we saw from the Timeless isle. What if someone goes back in time to stop the planet from going BOOM?. I know there might never be a horde and such but yeah, some funny ideas still
  1. Argarock's Avatar
    Boubs last attempt to throw us off that THe dark below is really the new expansion?

    Found it weird that Boub went out and said that The Dark Below was Definitely NOT the next expansion..

Site Navigation