MMO-Champion - Warlords of Draenor Trademarked in the USA, BNet Beta Profile Update, Nov 4 Hotfixes
Reaper of Soul First Look: Westmarch Bestiary

Beta Key Winners Chosen, No Beta Invites Until After Blizzcon, Dev Q&A

Blizzard Trademarks "Warlords of Draenor" in the USA
Warlords of Draenor was trademarked in New Zealand and Australia, and now in the USA!

  • Computer game software, computer game discs, downloadable computer game software, computer game software downloadable from a global computer network, interactive multimedia computer game program; Downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs.
  • Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games; providing on-line non-downloadable computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network; providing online news and information in the field of computer games



Battle.Net Beta Profile Images Updated
It seems the Battle.Net Beta Profile has been updated with new images to reflect the upcoming Diablo 3 and WoW Expansions. The previous art was Mists of Pandaria themed, but now appears to be an image of Thrall, similar to the banners being put up at the convention center.



Patch 5.4 Hotfixes: November 4
Mini Armory Stats update - SoO Wing 4 is up to 5% completion now and SoO Wing 1 is at 38%, up from 2% and 36%.
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Classes
  • Monk (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    • Windwalker
      • Touch of Karma should no longer incorrectly count drops in health caused by Void Shift or Spirit Link Totem as damage.
    • Talents
      • Dampen Harm should no longer incorrectly activate from having their health reduced through Void Shift or Spirit Link Totem.

Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
  • Siege of Orgrimmar
    • Note: All the adjustments below affecting Raid Finder difficulty will require a realm restart to take effect!
    • Galakras
      • Master Cannoneer Dagryn, High Enforcer Thranok, and Lieutenant Krugruk now have less health and deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
      • Dragonmaw Flameslinger's Flame Arrows now deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
      • Dragonmaw Tidal Shaman's Chain Heal now heals for 5% of health (down from 10%) on Raid Finder difficulty.
    • Iron Juggernaut
      • Iron Juggernaut now has less health and deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
    • Kor'kron Dark Shaman
      • Earthbreaker Haromm's Froststorm Strike now deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
      • Wavebinder Kardris' Froststorm Bolt and Toxic Tornado now deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
    • General Nazgrim
      • General Nazgrim's Sundering Blow now has a cap at 4 stacks, allowing him to gain up to a maximum of 25 Rage (50 while in Berserker Stance) on Raid Finder difficulty.
      • Kor'kron Arcweavers, Kor'kron Assassins, Kor'kron Ironblades, and Kor'kron Warshamans now have less health and deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
    • Spoils of Pandaria
      • Increased the time available before the defense system fully powers up for each quadrant to 360 seconds (up from 300 seconds) on Raid Finder difficulty.
      • Mantid Commanders' Set to Blow ability now deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
    • Siegecrafter Blackfuse
      • Siegecrafter Blackfuse now deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
      • Crawler Mine's Detonate! ability now deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
      • Disassembled weapons now have less health on Raid Finder difficulty.
      • Siegecrafter Blackfuse's Electrostatic Charge is now also applied to player controlled pets.
      • Resolved an issue where Blackfuse Sellsword's Envenomed Shadowstep was causing more damage than intended.
    • Paragons of the Klaxxi
      • Hisek the Swarmkeeper's Sonic Resonance should no longer damage players that were also the target of his Aim ability.
    • Garrosh Hellscream
      • Garrosh Hellscream now deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
      • Kor'kron Warbringers now have less health on Raid Finder difficulty.
      • Farseer Wolf Riders now have less health and their Ancestral Chain Heal heals for 5% of health (down from 10%) on Raid Finder difficulty.
      • Minion of Y'Shaarj's Empowering Corruption is now less effective on Raid Finder difficulty.
      • Empowered Touch of Y'Shaarj now increases the health of mind controlled players by 50% (down from a 100% increase) on Raid Finder difficulty.
This article was originally published in forum thread: Warlords of Draenor Trademarked in the USA, BNet Beta Profile Update, Nov 4 Hotfixes started by chaud View original post
Comments 168 Comments
  1. Rocketbear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderspace View Post
    I can understand why you would think that. I just dug up the same post for Mists of Pandaria a couple years ago. It has both the same numbers of I guess "Goods and Services." The MOP Trademark had listed "009" and "041". The Warlords of Draenor has the exact same numbers. The terminology has changed since then, and I'm assuming still includes the same stuff from before.
    Dark Below has the same class codes. Hell, Corgi's Unleashed had the same class codes. Those don't confirm anything, and the definition under these class codes is so extremely wide. The only difference here is that under the short description given under the class codes, they often relate to the product. Never before they put "mobile devices and tablets" in the description, it also wasn't in the description of the Dark Below. Either they're taking WoW to tablets, or this for something else or it is a cover up. We know the so called screenshot was a fake, due various hints obviously giving it away. I'm personally open to anything, but I just prefer "The Dark Below" being the next expansion than whatever this will be.

    As far as I'm aware, they don't have to pay to apply for a trademark either.

    Looking at the past, Blizzard has been very fond of attempting to cover up their leaks or the trails people pick up, and they also tend to trademark the expansion name a few months in advance of it's announcement.
  1. CamdenQ's Avatar
    That Beta banner might be to clear the way for the new expac, but the image itself of Thrall doesn't have anything to do with it. That's the faction leader wallpaper they put out just before Cata, most of which was utilized for the loading screens on Kalimdor and Easter Kingdoms. Of course Thrall isn't in the Kalimdor ls, since he was replaced with Garosh in that expac.
  1. Dasffion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    Dark Below has the same class codes. Hell, Corgi's Unleashed had the same class codes. Those don't confirm anything, and the definition under these class codes is so extremely wide. The only difference here is that under the short description given under the class codes, they often relate to the product. Never before they put "mobile devices and tablets" in the description, it also wasn't in the description of the Dark Below. Either they're taking WoW to tablets, or this for something else or it is a cover up.
    Or they've updated the requirements of what needs to be on the trademark. It says mobile devices such as and it has laptops in the list. They have never put Laptops on before either.
  1. Rocketbear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Or they've updated the requirements of what needs to be on the trademark. It says mobile devices such as and it has laptops in the list. They have never put Laptops on before either.
    Haven't you read? Class 009 cover a very wide area, the info next to it is merely just summary what will apply to the trademark mainly, but in reality, the trademark covers all areas of the entire 009 Class. Similarly, the trademark would also apply for mousepads, even if they're not mentioned in the summary. It's curious they would now explicitly mention mobile devices such as phones, handheld computers and tablets in the description, rather than the usual schmuck.

    Similarly, my speculation can also mean nothing because as I said, the 009 class covers a lot of bases, and for Pandaland, they explicitly mentioned mousepads (altho, to be fair, MoP mousepads were produced, just like any other expansion name).
    Eitherway, this whole trademark blow up has definitely caused hype, but for that purpose really? Creating hype for Blizzcon to trick more people into buying the virtual ticket? Or to catch everyone by surprise when it isn't the expansion?
    As we know from the past, Blizzard likes to try to cover up leaks, considering this whole "hey, now it is registered here and here, with boub basically coming out saying "this is expansion, folk", if throwing us of their trail, then this stunt has pretty much done it.
  1. Fleugen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    Haven't you read? Class 009 cover a very wide area, the info next to it is merely just summary what will apply to the trademark mainly, but in reality, the trademark covers all areas of the entire 009 Class. Similarly, the trademark would also apply for mousepads, even if they're not mentioned in the summary. It's curious they would now explicitly mention mobile devices such as phones, handheld computers and tablets in the description, rather than the usual schmuck.

    Similarly, my speculation can also mean nothing because as I said, the 009 class covers a lot of bases, and for Pandaland, they explicitly mentioned mousepads (altho, to be fair, MoP mousepads were produced, just like any other expansion name).
    Eitherway, this whole trademark blow up has definitely caused hype, but for that purpose really? Creating hype for Blizzcon to trick more people into buying the virtual ticket? Or to catch everyone by surprise when it isn't the expansion?
    As we know from the past, Blizzard likes to try to cover up leaks, considering this whole "hey, now it is registered here and here, with boub basically coming out saying "this is expansion, folk", if throwing us of their trail, then this stunt has pretty much done it.
    Just adding to your point: Reaper of Souls AND Heroes of the Storm use the class 009 and 041 just like all the other Blizzard trademarks, but Warlords of Draenor is the only one to mention non-downloadable game content as well.
  1. Dasffion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    Haven't you read? Class 009 cover a very wide area, the info next to it is merely just summary what will apply to the trademark mainly, but in reality, the trademark covers all areas of the entire 009 Class. Similarly, the trademark would also apply for mousepads, even if they're not mentioned in the summary. It's curious they would now explicitly mention mobile devices such as phones, handheld computers and tablets in the description, rather than the usual schmuck.

    Similarly, my speculation can also mean nothing because as I said, the 009 class covers a lot of bases, and for Pandaland, they explicitly mentioned mousepads (altho, to be fair, MoP mousepads were produced, just like any other expansion name).
    Eitherway, this whole trademark blow up has definitely caused hype, but for that purpose really? Creating hype for Blizzcon to trick more people into buying the virtual ticket? Or to catch everyone by surprise when it isn't the expansion?
    As we know from the past, Blizzard likes to try to cover up leaks, considering this whole "hey, now it is registered here and here, with boub basically coming out saying "this is expansion, folk", if throwing us of their trail, then this stunt has pretty much done it.
    What I meant was they could have updated what needs to be included in that summary.
  1. Axcel's Avatar
    sounds interesting
  1. axeldk's Avatar
    still no nerf for war, mages and hunter mm (talkin about pvp)???? when people play on ptr... they wont see or dont see that some classes are very very strong and others sucks!

Site Navigation