Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
- Jason Hayes is back at Blizzard.
- New character models will come with new character attack sounds.
- There are only about six footstep sound surfaces now, but WoD will add many more.
- There are also new creature sounds recorded with animals.
- There are also new crafting and working sounds recorded with actual blacksmiths.
- If you notice what the sound team is doing, they have failed in some way. The team wants to have less repetition in sounds going forward, so you aren't annoyed by hearing the same sound over and over.
- Hunters were using transmog to avoid hearing gun sounds. The team was originally small and did the best they could with gun sounds. Hunters will be getting updated weapon sounds in WoD.
- Mists of Pandaria enlisted even more sound actors to get all of the character voices sounding great.
- Orc voices are hard to cast, but it will be a fun challenge.
- Hearthstone had to be music from the same universe, but a different vibe than WoW has. It is a friendly and fun game, not an epic battle.
- Hearthstone music is usually relaxed, but becomes more exciting when something big happens.
- At one point Hearthstone had the crowd laugh at you when you lost, which wasn't very popular.
- The biggest orchestra, the Pacific Symphony, was used for Diablo 3 music.