MMO-Champion - Nov 12 Hotfixes, Mythic Raid Difficulty, Blue Posts, WoW Source Needs Your Questions
Recruit A Friend Program Offers New Rewards

Blue Post Round-up, Blue Tweets, Hearthstone Beta Key Giveaway

Diablo III Remote Play on PS Vita, More Details on Adventure Mode, Few More Details on Expansion Features

Next Connected Realms - 11/13
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
We will be connecting the realms listed below on Wednesday, November 13th during a scheduled maintenance beginning at 6 a.m. PST through approximately 11:00 a.m. PST. Once maintenance is finished, these realm connections will be complete.

  • Aggramar and Fizzcrank
  • Echo Isles and Draenor
  • Gul'dan and Skullcrusher/Black Dragonflight
  • Malorne and Firetree/Rivendare/Drak'Tharon
  • Scilla and Ursin

Please note that as a part of the connection process realm times may change to match each other.

Patch 5.4 Hotfixes - November 12
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Classes
  • Priest
    • Class Armor
      • Resolved an issue that sometimes caused Holy Spark from the Discipline/Holy Priest Season 14 2-piece set bonus to not function correctly while in a Battleground.

Quests
  • At the Stonemother's Call: Players should now be able to accept this quest from Terrath the Steady after completing Resonating Blow.

Creatures
  • Elder Lin and Sage Whiteheart have learned to respect each other's personal space should no longer occasionally try to occupy the exact same spot in the Shrine of Seven Stars.
  • Visual effects for Flamestrikes cast by NPCs should no longer incorrectly appear twice as large as its actual area-of-effect.

Pet Battles
  • Battle Pets
    • Murkalot's Righteous Inspiration should no longer incorrectly affect the entire team instead of just the swapped-in pet.

Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
  • Siege of Orgrimmar
    • Paragons of the Klaxxi
      • Skeer the Bloodseeker's Bloodletting ability should now correctly spawn blood creatures even if the player has an immunity effect on them.
    • Garrosh Hellscream
      • Players who are dead will now continue to emanate the full effects of Malice for the remainder of its duration.
      • Resolved an issue with creature pathing during the Realm of Y'Shaarj phase in the Temple of the Jade Serpent.

Battlegrounds and Arenas
  • Armsmaster Holinka and Roo Desvin have returned from their vacations and will offer to sell Season 14 gear for honor points to players who have obtained a 2000 rating and earned the Grievous Conquest achievement.

Items
  • Contemplation of Chi-Ji should no longer incorrectly disenchant into Haunting Spirits.

Mythic Raid Difficulty
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
We recognize that, for some guilds, the transition from 10-player Heroic raiding to 20-player Mythic raiding is going to be something of a challenge. This wasn’t a decision we made lightly. Ultimately, we feel that the long-term benefits for everyone, such as better-tuned raid encounters, a faster encounter design process, and more variety in raid mechanics, are worth the short-term consequences – even for players in guilds facing this transition.

That said, I think there are several key factors worth bringing up that will help make the transition less frightening overall. For example:

1) This change is coming with an expansion. Historically, an expansion release has always been a volatile time for guild rosters – and a great time for recruitment. When everyone’s gear is suddenly equalized, the pool of potential recruits swells dramatically. It's also a time in which a lot of former players, friends, and guildmates return to the game. Sure, maybe not all of the above will be of the caliber you’re looking for as a Mythic-minded raiding guild, but you only need 10.

2) On a similar note, we’re continuing to roll out the Connected Realms feature. As more realms are connected, the potential recruitment pool on those realms will grow.

3) While 10-player guilds who want to do Mythic will need to pick up an extra 10 people, current 25-player guilds will need to shed some. That’s yet another thing that will lead into a higher pool of potential recruits.

4) Flexible scaling for Heroic (or Mists of Pandaria's "Normal") difficulty will allow many guilds to "ease in" to a 20-player raid size. Granted, if you’re planning on zoning into Mythic the first day it’s available, this won’t help you much, but for the guild that will spend a few weeks or months on Heroic (MoP Normal) difficulty before eventually clearing it and starting on Mythic, you’ll have plenty of time to expand your roster. What’s more, those new recruits won’t be expected to just warm the bench while they wait.

I think that’s an easy one to forget about. It’s easy to make a mental comparison between a Warlords of Draenor 10-player guild trying to recruit up to 20 for Mythic, and a Mists of Pandaria 10-player guild trying to recruit up to 25. But that comparison doesn’t really work, because the absolute biggest challenge that the MoP guild in this example faces is finding people who are willing to wait around and possibly not even raid as the guild expands its roster. That’s not a problem in Warlords – while you’re still working through and gearing up in Heroic, player 11, 12, 13, and so on will be able to join you. It’s much easier to keep recruits around when they’re actually getting to play.

Seeing a lot of debate about the number 20. Let me take a stab at clearing up a few things:

We chose to put Mythic at 20 largely for the function of raid design. One of the biggest issues we're currently facing with 10-player Heroic raiding is that of raid composition. It's impossible for every group to have every class, and often that means they're lacking in certain tools, which in turn means that we can't design encounters around those tools (or if we do, it becomes extremely frustrating for the 10-player Heroic guild that suddenly needs a Paladin for Hand of Protection).

We want to be able to use those sorts of mechanics again. Those of you who have been with us for a while might remember things like Mage tanks on High King Maulgar, or Priests using Mind Control on Instructor Razuvious. We want it to be okay when, say, the Paladin can use Hand of Protection to clear a dangerous debuff, because we can reasonably assume that most guilds will have at least one Paladin in their raid. We like it when someone gets to feel awesome and have a special task on a fight because of class abilities that otherwise wouldn't get much use.

We can't do that when we're designing with a 10-player raid size in mind. We don't think we'd be able to get away with it at 15 either. At 20, it becomes a lot more acceptable for us to say "you should probably bring a Mage to Spellsteal this." And honestly, that's just one example of the sort of encounter mechanics we can start to utilize in a larger group size.

I'd also call into question the statement of "It's easier to drop people than it is to recruit them." It's technically true, yes -- finding new raiders is harder than just not inviting the ones you have -- but totally ignores the fact that cutting people from your roster often means losing people you like. Which feels better: making new friends, or telling your current ones that they don't get to play with you any more? We're already asking a lot of many 25-player Heroic groups to cut 5 people.

As I mentioned before, this was not a decision we came to lightly. It's definitely going to be a very scary transition for a lot of people. We knew that when we made the decision. We just also feel quite strongly that, when the dust settles, we'll be able to provide a better raiding experience for everyone.

Blue Posts
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Warlords of Draenor
If you want to talk about the content we've previewed thus far for the upcoming expansion, that's awesome. We're reading.

Try to boil everything down to a negative catch phrase all you want. We're still going to spend countless hours making Warlords of Draenor the most epic expansion possible.

Your feedback to help us achieve that goal is most welcomed. Your sideline semantic criticisms of what makes an expansion an expansion aren't very meaningful.

it bassically is the same map but a new coat of paint on it and a few new areas which is fine by me thats all a zone is an area with some paint haha
It's cool that that's fine with you, but I want to reiterate that Draenor is being constructed literally from scratch. This isn't a Cataclysm-style revamp of Outland like we did with Azeroth. The artists used Outland landmarks as a reference point. That's about where the relationship between Outland and Draenor ends in terms of environment design. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Realm Population Issues
Just dropping in here to let you know we're aware of this situation, and we're hoping Connected Realms will help with it significantly as we go forward.

Those of us on high population realms enjoy the busy atmosphere, not to mention the people and community we've come to know and love, but having to queue up each night is a pain, for sure. Previously, the Free Character Migration (FCM) offer was unappealing to many of you because we used to offer the move to realms that needed players the most, and that usually meant you'd end up on a realm with very few players at all.

Now, we offer free moves to medium population realms, so this shouldn't be the case any more. However, even medium population realms can sometimes feel a little quiet, especially after being on a very busy realm. But going forward, thanks to the Connected Realms technology, all realms will have ideal population levels. This means that FCMs from high population realms in future will be much more tempting for those of you wanting to move.

We won't be making any big changes to the FCM process while Connected Realms are being implemented, but we'll certainly be monitoring the system as a whole during the process and after everything is in place. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

WoW Source Needs Your Questions
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
We're doing another WoW Source (watch the first one here) and are looking for your questions. This is a BlizzCon wrap-up episode, so we're going to talk about all the announcements, parties, competitions and contests that went on. Get your questions in, and feel free to use the “thumbs-up” Like button to support questions others have asked that you’d like to see answered. Your question could be featured on the next episode!
This article was originally published in forum thread: Nov 12 Hotfixes, Mythic Raid Difficulty, Blue Posts, WoW Source Needs Your Questions started by chaud View original post
Comments 41 Comments
  1. Clonan's Avatar
    F-n annoying when they only post this shit on the US forums, and the majority of players aren't able to respond to it. No matter how likely or not it is for someone from Blizzard to read it.
  1. Nhodjin's Avatar
    I love this change, 20 man raids rocked back in vanilla! It's about time they introduce raids wich require classes, that's what make encounters extra fun.

    And i do understand why they are doing this aswell. Just imagine the raid designers having this reallllly cool idea for an encounter and then they have to remove it because raids might not have a DK. And then they come up with another cool ability but they have to scrap it because it wouldn't work for 10 man etc

    Now it's gonna be like " yeah i have this really cool idea but you need a DK and a paladin in the raid, and you most likely need to have atleast 7 dps or w/e "
    And they can just go with it!
  1. Xilurm's Avatar
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If you want to talk about the content we've previewed thus far for the upcoming expansion, that's awesome. We're reading.

    Try to boil everything down to a negative catch phrase all you want. We're still going to spend countless hours making Warlords of Draenor the most epic expansion possible.

    Your feedback to help us achieve that goal is most welcomed. Your sideline semantic criticisms of what makes an expansion an expansion aren't very meaningful.
    Whoa! Way to go Blizzard! This right here made my day. A big FU to all the naysayers. I hope they keep this attitude.
  1. Nobleshield's Avatar
    I do like the idea of class specific roles again, like having a Warlock tank or needing a DK for some mechanic. That's pretty awesome.
  1. Reignisevil's Avatar
    I'm still not to fond of the 20-man mythic raid...

    With that said, it is set in stone and is out of my control so I will not let myself be frustrated by it.

    A lot of veterans will know that the class specific roles were amazing to have around and that argument about adding mechanics does please me as a counter to the idea I have for the raid. I remember tanking on my warlock in SSC, making sure I had my fire resist set it was amazing...Gruul's lair with mage tank , boomkin tank and so forth was interesting things to do. For those who were not part of that time it was amazing and adding sometimes a certain difficulty.

    A lot of people want more mechanics and higher difficulty..think of it as a way for content not to be cleared at such a fast paste.

    Until I see the encounters and if they actually pull threw though with that more class specific roles i'm still not thrilled with the idea of 20 mans.
  1. Intervir's Avatar
    3) While 10-player guilds who want to do Mythic will need to pick up an extra 10 people, current 25-player guilds will need to shed some. That’s yet another thing that will lead into a higher pool of potential recruits.
    Well, that is a simple Fuck you to all 25s.
  1. mag07's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If you want to talk about the content we've previewed thus far for the upcoming expansion, that's awesome. We're reading.

    Try to boil everything down to a negative catch phrase all you want. We're still going to spend countless hours making Warlords of Draenor the most epic expansion possible.

    Your feedback to help us achieve that goal is most welcomed. Your sideline semantic criticisms of what makes an expansion an expansion aren't very meaningful.
    Whoa! Way to go Blizzard! This right here made my day. A big FU to all the naysayers. I hope they keep this attitude.
    Don't think the attitude is going anywhere, funny though, since they started the 'we want your feedback as long as it's not critical' song, they are continuously loosing players

    Yes there is an awful lot of exaggerated whines around, but there is a grain of accuracy in most of them - and discarting them won't make issues go away.

    Some of their recent decisions are not bad at concept level; it's the very arrogant attitude of forcing changes down the players throats without any consideration for the environment their previous, not so fortunate decisions have created is plain stupid.

    His justification for raid size is laughable - accurate, but nevertheless laughable - if it wasn't for the company screwing around with the sizes in the first place, combining 10 and 25men into essentially the same thing (but different), they wouldn't have encounter design issues, guilds wouldn't have team composition problems. Tempted to go back and dig out posts for the justifications made back then - on how awesome merging 10/25men content is, when anyone with half a brain realized it's only being done to cut on resources needed for design. Only it was a short lived moment of internal glory, quickly troubled with issues that could've easily been foreseen - and were by some people, yet ignored, just like certain serious issue are being trivialized now.

    Lalalalalala, I can't hear you!

    They are not in an easy position, arrogance however, is not going to make it better.

    If Mr Smart Ass Blue would come to me and pay for a service, and was presented with the same type of attitude he throws at his customers, he would not be pleased. Strange how your point of view and limits of what is ok change, when you're on the receiving end.
  1. Erous's Avatar
    Let me preface by saying I'm a fan of the 20 man mythic raid change. However, this goes back to pre-TBC and is a pain point with me and Blizz's decisions sometimes...it has happened with the Paladin class all too often as well. Back in Vanilla it was mostly 40 man raids...with the occasional 20 man. Then come TBC they decided to not split 40 in half, but rather go with 25...and we've stuck with the 25 model and included 10s. There was a massive outcry of people due to the change because breaking 40 to 25 was a difficult change and many argued that breaking it down into 20 would make more sense. See where I'm going with this?

    Now with the expansion we're back to an idea of 20 mans. This should've happened LONG ago in my opinion.
  1. Orcish's Avatar
    This next expansion is going to be awesome! +1 from me.
  1. shandi235's Avatar
    I want better recruitment tools. I run a 10 man guild and it's going to be difficult vetting 10-15 new people to try and bolster my roster up to 20 - if that's what we decide to do in the first place.

    I don't mind it taking a while - we don't go for world/realm firsts - but there has to be at least some idea of a redesigned recruitment tool other than the "join my guild plz" cesspool that the official recruitment threads are.
  1. Unholyground's Avatar
    Holly fuck they are taking long, they need to connect realms that need it like Medivh, there's no more Horde on there and it is BS, literally i see about 5 people in two moons or org at any given time, everyone left and it is annoying.
  1. Kwak's Avatar
    What about high population realms with a heavy faction imbalance? That won't get fixed by connected realms.
    You won't be able to raid if you only have about 15 competent players on your faction without the possibility of it growing. So you are either stuck with easy raids or you need to transfer (leaving all your alts and gold behind)
  1. Outofmana's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We can't do that when we're designing with a 10-player raid size in mind. We don't think we'd be able to get away with it at 15 either. At 20, it becomes a lot more acceptable for us to say "you should probably bring a Mage to Spellsteal this." And honestly, that's just one example of the sort of encounter mechanics we can start to utilize in a larger group size.
    Yeah ... who said I wanted to make sure I have every damn class in my raid? So bring the player not the class is off the table then?
    That 'motto' went out of the window a long time ago since homonization went too far. It's already bring the class again, because any class can perform any role these days, which is why if warlocks for example are doing better dps than rogues, it will be warlocks that will be brought. So in the end, homonization had the opposite effect.
  1. ApeDosMil's Avatar
    I get sadder and sadder as I see the updates on Connected Realms, but no The Underbog included. My server has roaming tumbleweeds.
  1. Xilurm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mag07 View Post
    Don't think the attitude is going anywhere, funny though, since they started the 'we want your feedback as long as it's not critical' song, they are continuously loosing players

    Yes there is an awful lot of exaggerated whines around, but there is a grain of accuracy in most of them - and discarting them won't make issues go away.

    Some of their recent decisions are not bad at concept level; it's the very arrogant attitude of forcing changes down the players throats without any consideration for the environment their previous, not so fortunate decisions have created is plain stupid.

    His justification for raid size is laughable - accurate, but nevertheless laughable - if it wasn't for the company screwing around with the sizes in the first place, combining 10 and 25men into essentially the same thing (but different), they wouldn't have encounter design issues, guilds wouldn't have team composition problems. Tempted to go back and dig out posts for the justifications made back then - on how awesome merging 10/25men content is, when anyone with half a brain realized it's only being done to cut on resources needed for design. Only it was a short lived moment of internal glory, quickly troubled with issues that could've easily been foreseen - and were by some people, yet ignored, just like certain serious issue are being trivialized now.

    Lalalalalala, I can't hear you!

    They are not in an easy position, arrogance however, is not going to make it better.

    If Mr Smart Ass Blue would come to me and pay for a service, and was presented with the same type of attitude he throws at his customers, he would not be pleased. Strange how your point of view and limits of what is ok change, when you're on the receiving end.
    Too bad I'll never be, because if I don't like something I just leave it alone, I don't whine or make shitty complaints.
  1. Unholyground's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ApeDosMil View Post
    I get sadder and sadder as I see the updates on Connected Realms, but no The Underbog included. My server has roaming tumbleweeds.
    I feel you man, Medivh is the same way its a High pop realm but only on the alliance side not the Horde I checked the stats, Allaince has 26000 90's, we have 2300.... and I guarantee maybe 200 of them are actually playing.
  1. Rizzalliss's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    They still haven't come up with a good reason as to making Mythic 20man instead of 25 other than having to screw them as well to be "fair" to everyone. With scaled heroic being 25man it still doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
    It's to give the Wildstar raiding guilds more reason to continue with WoW.
  1. Hikikomori's Avatar
    My main concern is story lore and the graphics of playable classes . I would like to see secondary races available, i.e., Brown Orcs, Wild Hammer Dwarves, Drakiron Dwarves, Taunka, Vrykul, Val'kyr, Shatterspear, Revantusk, and disaccociated Grmtotem. With the changes that you're making to character models, will be his mobs also be getting graphic updates as patches go on?
  1. Maxsul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I feel you man, Medivh is the same way its a High pop realm but only on the alliance side not the Horde I checked the stats, Allaince has 26000 90's, we have 2300.... and I guarantee maybe 200 of them are actually playing.
    200? Try 14 people or so primetime on my faction. Opposite faction has 8000, so I'm sure my realm won't be connected to anything unless its a can with a string.


    I cancelled when they wouldnt give me a free transfer of all of my toons. I will not resub until this is fixed. I shouldn't have to pay or wait 2 expansions for something out of my control. I hope they made a fucking mint from transfers, because the population issues are their #1 issue. Sometimes I wonder if they really realize it.
  1. Geish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Intervir View Post
    Well, that is a simple Fuck you to all 25s.
    How so? He is saying that the scrubs that 25 guilds will kick, will fit right in to 10 man heroic guilds, seeing that they were scrubs in the first place trying to game the 10 man raids and claiming they were real raiders.

Site Navigation