MMO-Champion - Ghostcrawler to leave Blizzard Entertainment
Ghostcrawler to leave Blizzard Entertainment
Ghostcrawler announced this morning on Facebook that he will be leaving Blizzard Entertainment to pursue a "great opportunity for something new and exciting". I don't usually share my opinions in news post, so there's a tweet with my full thoughts on the subject.

This article was originally published in forum thread: Ghostcrawler to leave Blizzard Entertainment started by Boubouille View original post
Comments 1111 Comments
  1. Killyox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mykk View Post
    Ye sure because i dont like him and i didnt want him to make any decisions about wow so i must be 12 year
    It's not what you say but how you say it. I would agree with the other poster it sounded like mad 12yo.
  1. KoolKidKaos's Avatar
    He is the worst part about the game atm, he's been killing my love for the game for years. And now, finally, when he's dug the game into a sinking ditch, and it's at it's worse. He wants to bail, sounds like Corporate Sabotage.
  1. axell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lockdown1 View Post
    Not really, the game has gone down hill from when he started, when he joined wow was at its peak with its highest ever with 12 mill players, since he joined the wow team, wow has lost 5 million players

    Can't blame people for thinking Gc a lead system designer had a big part in wows failures.

    Just saying.
    Not really. He joined in 2008. Cata was released in 2010. He mostly handled class balance and achievements and pvp. He doesn't handle raids,dungeons or quests. A lead game designer is not the god emperor. All the decisions were made by the team as a whole,with the approval and feedback from the higher ups.So his part is not that big. No point in argumenting it further. Any simple google search of greg street would yield an appropiate answer to his job, what it means and when he started.

    Even if he was responsible for changing wow to what it is today i still find the reactions of a lot of the people here disturbing and sad.
  1. Flura's Avatar
    You all think you have great ideas for Warcraft games, but if I actually listened to all of you and we combined all of your ideas into a game, it would be an unplayable monstrous game. You want a game with all the regions, yet all the legendary ones and such silly things. Whenever I receive one of these rants, I go to the development floor and read it out loud to all the Game Freak employees in a mocking voice, and we all laugh at you.

    some was good some was not, whatever CU Crabby
  1. lockdown1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by axell View Post
    Not really. He joined in 2008. Cata was released in 2010. He mostly handled class balance and achievements and pvp. He doesn't handle raids,dungeons or quests. A lead game designer is not the god emperor. All the decisions were made by the team as a whole,with the approval and feedback from the higher ups.So his part is not that big. No point in argumenting it further. Any simple google search of greg street would yield an appropiate answer to his job, what it means and when he started.

    Even if he was responsible for changing wow to what it is today i still find the reactions of a lot of the people here disturbing and sad.
    You more or less supported everything I said. Wow was at its peak in 2008 when Gc joined. Wow has almost half the player base now when Gc is leaving.

    Class balance and pvp are of huge importance. I also was careful not to say he was to blame for all of wow failures.

    I do not know why you are expecting people on this forum to give Gc praise and credit. Praise and credit must be earned, Gc has not earned it. Not much else to discuss really.
  1. Mykk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Mind telling me what exactly he did to piss on your parade?

    I find it amusing to see that people think that he took 100% of all of the decisions and all of them were bad... I bet if not him and his team, WoW would have much less than what it has now in subs.
    Never said he was the only one who pissed me off. And originaly i said one guy (GC) is gone now we have to get rid of others. And im very happy about this that we dont have to see GC anymore.

    How did he piss me off? Maybe maybe maybe casualizing whole game with other superheroblizzdevs.
  1. megasus's Avatar
    I didn't like the fact that Boub posted this obviously private facebook status of Greg, instead of just letting him decide when to make a piblic announcement.
    Only to be the first site with the news. BOO!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mykk View Post
    Never said he was the only one who pissed me off. And originaly i said one guy (GC) is gone now we have to get rid of others. And im very happy about this that we dont have to see GC anymore.

    How did he piss me off? Maybe maybe maybe casualizing whole game with other superheroblizzdevs.
    Why do you consider casualizing a bad thing? The gaming community is definately heading in this direction and wow has successfully adapted to that.
  1. Osmeric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkWarrior View Post
    Never liked his descisions. Too much free epics for the whiners - thingies.
    So the game may actually get better without him.
    Such sad nonsense. The "epics are easy to get" thing was not in his sphere of personal responsibility.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mykk View Post
    How did he piss me off? Maybe maybe maybe casualizing whole game with other superheroblizzdevs.
    It's going to be hilarious if he left because the other devs have decided to really throw the hardcores under the bus, and he didn't want to go along with it. Not that I have any evidence of that, but it would be funny.

    Also, if you get pissed at corporations following the money, there's not going to be a lot of joy in your life.
  1. JayJay09's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    If Seth MacFarlane would leave Family Guy I would be like "oh noes wtf", but for this I'm like "nice, let's try someone new". Is that a reflection on him?
    Since the Brian thing.. I am not so sure about your first part... It's like he has left already...
  1. axell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lockdown1 View Post
    You more or less supported everything I said. Wow was at its peak in 2008 when Gc joined. Wow has almost half the player base now when Gc is leaving.

    Class balance and pvp are of huge importance. I also was careful not to say he was to blame for all of wow failures.

    I do not know why you are expecting people on this forum to give Gc praise and credit. Praise and credit must be earned, Gc has not earned it. Not much else to discuss really.
    http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...tml?id=2847881
    Wow reached it's peak in 2010. 2 years after he joined.
    Class balance and pvp are of a huge importance to a small minority of players. There are many reasons people left WoW , pvp being only one of the many.
    I personally don't agree with quite a few changes he did, but you way overestimate the impact his departure will havee.
    That is all.

    And i was criticizing the reactions in this thread. A lot of them are idiotic to put it lightly.
  1. Elite Peon's Avatar
    It is about fucking time that anchor stops dragging the damn game to the bottom of the ocean . Not saying the man has no talent because he does but his vision is far far far removed from what gave that game its heart and soul and I hope they replace him with someone who does .
  1. corebit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by axell View Post
    http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...tml?id=2847881
    Wow reached it's peak in 2010. 2 years after he joined.
    The haters will continue to overlook that fact, and just keep spouting "hurr durr subs are down because of him"
  1. Nindoriel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lockdown1 View Post
    Not really, the game has gone down hill from when he started.

    When he joined, wow was at its peak with 12 mill players, since he joined the wow team, wow has lost 5 million players

    Can't blame people for thinking Gc a lead system designer had a big part in wows failures.

    Just saying.
    Repeat after me, correlation does not imply causation.
  1. axell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Repeat after me, correlation does not imply causation.
    Excellent point
  1. valliant13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    The haters will continue to overlook that fact, and just keep spouting "hurr durr subs are down because of him"
    It peaked because of the Lich King, not because of him. Wotlk basically played out WC3 in an mmo. The game had it's biggest push of subscribers through basically ICC. It's been in steady decline because of some of his decisions as well as the age of the game. WoD seems like mostly a push in the right direction, and it makes me happy that he won't be there to ruin it with his indecisiveness. I don't care who takes over for him so long as they have a clear direction they want to take this game. Because GC never had a clear direction.
  1. Yakshamash's Avatar
    The power of noobs is strong in this thread. But, I don't blame anyone. I was once noob and hated GC.
    Edit: GL and thanks him for every single stupid question he answered me with patience...
  1. Tailswipe's Avatar
    Finally, hopefully they can undo some of the damage he has done to this game.
  1. Blackburn's Avatar
    Good riddance.
  1. awesowe's Avatar
    i hope lobby gaming and flying mounts are gonna get axed. and not for the sake of pvp alone

    there's no more world or war or even craft in wow, the whole experience can be summarized by "Q POP"
  1. lockdown1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by axell View Post
    http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...tml?id=2847881
    Wow reached it's peak in 2010. 2 years after he joined.
    Class balance and pvp are of a huge importance to a small minority of players. There are many reasons people left WoW , pvp being only one of the many.
    I personally don't agree with quite a few changes he did, but you way overestimate the impact his departure will havee.
    That is all.

    And i was criticizing the reactions in this thread. A lot of them are idiotic to put it lightly.
    I was actually just trolling you, I haven't played wow for months and could not care less who joins or leaves wow.

    I had fun.

Site Navigation