Another WoW Source has been released!
- There have been some big changes to the starting experiences shown off at Blizzcon. This is one of the reasons that beta has not yet started.
- There was too much CC in Mists of Pandaria PvP, which upset a lot of players. It is still an important and necessary part of PvP though!
- Diminishing Return categories were also too complicated, so the number of categories was reduced for Warlords of Draenor. Even with the changes, many of the popular arena comps are still viable.
- PvP gear will have a second item level that activates when you are doing PvP. This allows the PvP gear to be useful in other parts of the game while having it remain the best gear for PvP.
- Ashran will be somewhat like a Timeless Isle for PvP. Players can go there, explore the island, kill some players and creatures, and earn some things that will benefit them in PvP.
- Ashran will have a Horde and Alliance fortress on opposite ends of the island, with staging areas behind each base. This area will have vendors, let you duel, and be a place for PvP players to hang out. Each faction's base is fully manned with NPCs that are fighting a battle. The main battle takes place in the center, slowly pushing towards the other faction's fortress. There are objectives on the outer edges of the island. It shouldn't feel too much like a battleground, more like unstructured PvP with some points of interest. Ashran won't be ready for the initial builds.
- There will be an alpha realm that is only for PvP, with premade level 100 characters only and most of the world disabled. This will allow a longer period of feedback on PvP changes than previous betas have had.
- Raid testing will also start taking place earlier, as tech is in place to let you zone in to Blackrock Foundry at level 92 and temporarily be increased to level 100 for raid testing.
- Skirmishes will have a random reward at the end, honor, battleground gear, or maybe even conquest gear. You can solo queue and will be matched with another player of the appropriate role.
- Random battlegrounds are popular because they are a solo queue experience, so skirmishes will hopefully allow a lot of players who have never done arenas before to start doing them.
- The team is toning down visuals from other players while leaving your own visuals intact.
Warlords of Draenor System Performance