MMO-Champion - Azeroth Choppers Episode 5
Azeroth Choppers Episode 5
Another episode of Azeroth Choppers is here!


Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
The time has come! This week on Azeroth Choppers, the Blizzard teams brave the cold and journey out to New York for a first look at the Horde and Alliance bikes.

Keep up to date on all of the latest episodes at www.AzerothChoppers.com, and let your faction’s war cry be heard with #AzerothChoppers.
This article was originally published in forum thread: Azeroth Choppers Episode 5 started by chaud View original post
Comments 115 Comments
  1. BuryTomorrow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Airbag888 View Post
    January 2014
    Blizz HQ meeting

    - So guys we promised faster content but these guys are gonna be stuck with SoO till November ish at best
    - Well we could make something like Ruby Shrine and a dungeon and a scenario to keep them satisfied till then
    - Nooo I wanted to make a super bike forever
    - Dude the players will complain there's nothing new
    - Don't worry in a few months we'll push that button and they'll have to grind more VP to get 8 ilvls on their gear
    - Man you're a total baller, on with the super bikes! RAWRRR
    I do always avoid posting here because of people like these. People that could get a free house and ask the universe why aren't they getting a whole city.

    Really, this kind of posts makes me want to sat away from comments section, and i'm sure i'm not the only one. Reading pages full of this only promotes watching the main page without even reading comments. What for? Theres a ton of people here filled with nonsense rage and a sensation of "you Blizzard must please my ego constantly but also know you're never reaching that goal due to REASONS". Probably the same players that enjoy pulling a whole instance and leaving, and all the kind of unsatisfied childish things we see in game everyday.

    Sad.

    Moving in on topic, I really enjoyed the episode. I'm kind of curious where the Alliance bike is heading to, since so far the Horde one seems to capture more the faction's spirit.
  1. Kuniku's Avatar
    Best episode so far IMO, and its as if they took all the complaints on board because there was only 1 'OMG DEADLINE' bit in the whole episode! The bikes are looking sick as fuck!
  1. SubSeco's Avatar
    I get the bike thing, but I don't get why they have to make an actual bike irl to build it in game engine. Are all the designers at blizz dead? I don't see the reasons for this. Why let the bike design by people who have no idea of the WoW instead of letting your designers make it?
  1. MrExcelion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SubSeco View Post
    I get the bike thing, but I don't get why they have to make an actual bike irl to build it in game engine. Are all the designers at blizz dead? I don't see the reasons for this. Why let the bike design by people who have no idea of the WoW instead of letting your designers make it?
    It'll probably be a photo op thing at Blizzcon too, but yeah I think they want to replicate the success of the Shaohao webseries, and the cinematic guy seems really passionate about this and other various promotional projects he's been working on
  1. Farseer's Avatar
    The idea's nice and I'm curious how the bikes will turn out, but it besides Sam Didier I'm not buying anyone's enthousiasm. Especially the workshop guys seem really not into it.
  1. Sir Happy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I'll admit I was on the "where the fuck are they going with this" train until I saw this picture, but once you add the colour scheme it will actually look amazing...

    ...if they lose the treads and use actual wheels
  1. Seo's Avatar
    Some decent episode, finally. First 4 were quite disappointing.
  1. Mormolyce's Avatar
    I think the Horde bike is taking shape faster than the Alliance one and so far has a clearer theme. Will reserve judgement until bikes are complete of course.
  1. Wayne25uk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Happy View Post
    I'll admit I was on the "where the fuck are they going with this" train until I saw this picture, but once you add the colour scheme it will actually look amazing...

    ...if they lose the treads and use actual wheels
    Why am i seeing a hoover when i look at this pic???
  1. BrunoRo's Avatar


    what do you say about the hordebike? anyone wanna do some sketches like you did for the alliance?

    http://s29.postimg.org/xj5g81wo7/hordebike.png
  1. Killala's Avatar
    Looking solid. The Alli bike does look kind of buggy right now though, not sure how I feel about that... Horde's seem to be really getting the right feeling, especially with those tusks and chains. Alliance just kind of looks awkward. I really hate those treads.

    Pretty sure both bikes will end up in the game regardless of who "wins"... time to level a horde alt I guess!
  1. iceberg265's Avatar
    Does anyone seriously give a shit about this crap?
  1. NoNamedPride's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Well, it kind of DOES matter, precisely because not everyone will get it if they really go with whatever faction wins.

    I have 11 90s and they are all Alliance and on a single server.
    So if Horde wins that means I have to play one of my 85 Horde characters on a seperate server to ever see/use the mount. Not complaining about a free mount, but it's kind of a dick move to give the mount to half the playerbase, simply because they decided to play that faction.
    That's no dick move. That's a typical fucking Vote? The one thing with the most Support wins, the other one loses. A Vote.

    And the "half the Playerbase" phrase too? Oh my fucking God. Yeah, you know what that's the thing when it's FACTION SPECIFIC. I want Stormwind for the Horde - That's my Argument now and you know what? It's kind of a dick move we don't have Stormwind, because you know... Half the Playerbase.

    Anyways, aside from that nonsense, both Factions are probably going to get their own one anyway.
  1. Quakefan's Avatar
    I hope, they are for the Engineers!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  1. Druidjezus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckydan79 View Post
    Correct on your thinking but this isn't limited to just one game, or even one profession dude. This happens everywhere, if people don't complain or point out problems then how you gonna fix them. Nothing is ever perfect but all you can do is alter the mould due to changes you can't keep on running the same game adding more branches without pruning them otherwise you have a big mess.

    Another problem and real big one with your statement you have to sort out for whinging and complaints. Whinging is only this "Your an idiot" is a whinge, however "This ability is shit cause it locks you for 5 seconds meaning i do nothing" is not is a genuine complaint, cause your removing someone out of combat for 5 seconds when its promoted as a fast action game. "Sure this is nothing but a whinge" no it isn't the problem is presented in a format no savage attacks on anyone and just promotes the problem that's in the game. If its intended they can explain and say well its suppose to be in the game if not they add probably an item to break out of it or make it less effective if spammed cast (SEE mind control problem in WOW).

    You have to be careful when you attack people cause right now you are just a whinger attacking people without fixing up the problem, cause at the moment your saying the game is perfect when it's not, nothing is perfect. Complaint points out a problem or can help other people find a solution or suggest an idea, where as whinging does not (which you reply falls in).
    I think you missed my point entirely... I'm not saying it's perfect or that people don't have legitimate complaints.

    It's more like, there is NO perfect because you can't please everyone.

    For example, Person A wants Warlocks to be able to easily beat rogues, Person B wants rogues to faceroll warlocks. Blizzard says "we'll make them competitive with each other" but ultimately that doesn't satisfy Person A or Person B. Obviously that's an example where their expectations are unrealistic in a game environment where the goal is all classes being competitive and no hard counters.

    Take another, more reasonable example though:
    Person A wants to have access to truly challenging small group content that is also rewarding in gear (AKA, not challenge modes). They are a former heroic raider and only the absolutely most difficult content will present much of a challenge to them.

    Person B wants access to those same rewards but doesn't know many people in WoW. The content is too difficult to do with LFD so Blizzard doesn't make it available, their gear isn't high enough to get into PuGs on their server because people only take the best geared people they can find for simplicity.

    Person A wants the content to be hard, Person B wants that same content to be easier and more accessible. These are both VALID feedback, but you CAN'T please both. The closest Blizzard can come to it is making two separate difficulties, but then people want the gear to be lesser on the lower difficulty so that they feel rewarded for going through the challenge, then people in the lower difficulty still complain because they want to be able to access the best gear.

    It's an endless cycle, and it all boils down to when you have people with nearly diametrically opposed viewpoints you cannot fully satisfy both, you can only hope to make compromises that each will find acceptable.

    As I said, this is not unique to WoW, if you want a great example of it look at politics. You can't please everyone and it is foolish to try. All I was getting as it that WoW players are very entertaining in how they handle Blizzard doing things that cater to players other than themselves.

Site Navigation