MMO-Champion - Warforged Nightmare - Available Now In-Game Through the Shop
Update: The Warforged Nightmare is now on the shop site!

Warforged Nightmare - Available Now In-Game Through the Shop
It looks like the Warforged Nightmare isn't available on the website yet, but it appears to be live in game in the US. This mount costs $30, which is $5 more than the usual $25 price.

Using the item that comes in the mail will give you the Nightmarish Hitching Post, which can be used to gain a buff that makes all of your mounts look like the Warforged Nightmare for the next 20 minutes.



This article was originally published in forum thread: Warforged Nightmare - Available Now In-Game Through the Shop started by chaud View original post
Comments 359 Comments
  1. ZaeHSBR's Avatar
    $30 bucks for a mount is laughable. So this mount almost the same value as an expansion pack.

    Have you ever noticed these store mounts and pets are seemingly always released on the last month of the business quarter, to beef up their earnings report...CASH INFUSION!
  1. Vutk's Avatar
    i can't believe that people are so worked over by 5$, at least the ramble about releasing store mounts instead of content has some logic, but a riot over 5$? get a grip
  1. roahn the warlock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vutk View Post
    i can't believe that people are so worked over by 5$, at least the ramble about releasing store mounts instead of content has some logic, but a riot over 5$? get a grip
    I guess you don't drive a car...
  1. frymastermeat's Avatar
    People should be getting these mounts for staying subscribed through the most embarrassing content drought the game has ever seen.
  1. thegreatoak's Avatar
    I actually think this mount means great things for WoW's visuals.

    I made a video explaining why the Warforged Nightmare means epic things for WoW Visuals, but the gist is this:
    - Imagine everyone mounting up and charging forward in battlegrounds or outside the raid portal.
    - Now imagine the store helm (a new one) has an on-use effect to give you a transmog (head to feet).
    - Say that transmog is "Defender of the Alliance" with silver and blues and lions, and something appropriate for the Horde.
    - Now imagine that the hitching post is a statue with that transmog.
    - Click the statue and you get that temporary transmog.
    - Now you're all wearing the same armor, on the same mount = epic (optional) visual.
    - Tabards could be improved, because in the same armor and mount, what differentiates is gender, species, and guild.
    - The visual gestalt of a united front, even just the five-man version seen in the video, gives me a spine tingle, which I think is a good thing.
  1. Mellrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    So god damn pathetic this company is, they can produce store mounts all day long yet they are STILL not out of alpha for WoD. I'm so glad I unsubbed 2 weeks ago and went to wildstar, blizzard (WoW portion) can rot in hell.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13020212559#1

    Warlords of Draenor alpha invites have gone out to a small number of individuals for our first phase of external testing
    Friends and Family Alpha has been live for a week or two now.
  1. ShadowTeddie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    I guess you don't drive a car...

    If you go by car Logic then this is the eqelevant of a Ferrari you pay more for a Ferrari then for a say a Volkswagen.
    Since this thing seems for awesome than the rest of the store mounts.
  1. Bluesftw's Avatar
    this is getting sad now , pumping store mount every month instead of content , releasing "technical alphas" so people can "test" fully functional store...
  1. Burn3d's Avatar
    Hmm... 30$ a.k.a 100k gold not so much of a pain after all.
  1. ZeroWashu's Avatar
    After the flying disc which you can get in game I need no other mount. It is my favorite mount be cause its stable and doesn't make noise.
  1. KWC3587's Avatar
    Um, Mellrod, all you did was prove his point. He said they can't even get out of the alpha yet, not to it.
  1. Doomchicken's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Everything in the game is "optional". Your point is completely moot.

    How about Blizzard starts to charge for "content outside LFR" - let's say Heroic raids are now 10€ extra per month. Ability to wear epics now 5€ extra per month. More bank slots? 10€ per bank slot, 50€ for guild slot..

    The sky is the limit.
    Slippery slope logic. Always good for a laugh.
  1. Grasswhistle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Getting kind of tired of the constant mount releases while we're sitting here waiting for new content.
    I hear ya!
  1. IIamaKing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    "That's on you"...lol, again it's a 13+ game. Shady as fuck to me would be if they did something criminal, not simply a company trying to make as much revenue as possible from their products.

    So you would be fine going to a restaurant and paying for ketchup? Or access to the bathroom, they are after all trying to make as much revenue as possible.
  1. Vajarra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Never. Is also an option. Star wars mounts only cost 10 dollars, and that game is free to play
    If you're a sub you get around 500 coins a month so you can save up and (sorta) get them for free. My SO and I have more coins than we know what to do with usually.

    As for this one, I'll wait for the half off sale, not really a fan.
  1. Granda's Avatar
    I'm not for this, all mounts should be available in game.
  1. roahn the warlock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTeddie View Post
    If you go by car Logic then this is the eqelevant of a Ferrari you pay more for a Ferrari then for a say a Volkswagen.
    Since this thing seems for awesome than the rest of the store mounts.
    I was referring to gas prices
  1. oraz4000's Avatar
    Sad how far this company has fallen.
  1. hulkgor's Avatar
    Absolutely ridiculous. Major content drought, yet they keep dishing out cash shop items. And behold, 30$, even more expensive then usual, to keep those revenues up. Ridiculous.

    Blizzard fanboys get what they deserve. The first cash shop item should have been SHOT down asap, without any purchase, and they'd cave, and this would be obtainable in-game for everyone. Now, keep feeding the machine for useless junk, while you wait 14 months for new content. Enjoy!
  1. Granyala's Avatar
    Aaand the butt ugly Horsey gets into the store. And hey it's even more expensive then usual!

    Thanks, I pass.

Site Navigation