MMO-Champion - Warforged Nightmare - Available Now In-Game Through the Shop
Update: The Warforged Nightmare is now on the shop site!

Warforged Nightmare - Available Now In-Game Through the Shop
It looks like the Warforged Nightmare isn't available on the website yet, but it appears to be live in game in the US. This mount costs $30, which is $5 more than the usual $25 price.

Using the item that comes in the mail will give you the Nightmarish Hitching Post, which can be used to gain a buff that makes all of your mounts look like the Warforged Nightmare for the next 20 minutes.



This article was originally published in forum thread: Warforged Nightmare - Available Now In-Game Through the Shop started by chaud View original post
Comments 359 Comments
  1. Goretex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    $33 dollars Australian for this?! Thats half the cost of the game ffs.

    People need to stop buying this shit so Blizzard stops peddling it out.
    Why? if someone likes it they have the right to buy it if they want. How does it exactly effect your gameplay?
  1. Duster505's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Meh, some mounts are for hardcore raiders, others for people wth jobs, deal with it.
    So ppl with jobs do not play WOW... just buy the mounts?

    There are plenty of ways to add content into WOW for less hardcore players. LFR for instance could have a special mount dropping.

    Your argument is simply not valid.
  1. Goretex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paflodder View Post
    Spending money on a content dead game is not very wise .
    The money of the 7 million lemmings would better be invested in games that make content for their players .
    That way new design and gameplay would benefit from the bucks spent . Spending cash in wow is like rewarding standstill , lazyness ans greed .
    Just my 2 cents .
    As long as I'm enjoying the game I'll keep paying my sub, so far that's been 9 yrs. just my 2 cents.
  1. Synstir's Avatar
    So prices are going up.. not only the xpac but now also for store mounts.

    Well, to all the people saying to players: just quit the game if you don't like it, instead of voicing your views to get things better: just keep encouriging that... and see the prices go up and up.
    The lesser players, the more expensive these things need to be, just to make up for absent customers.
  1. Goretex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    So ppl with jobs do not play WOW... just buy the mounts?

    There are plenty of ways to add content into WOW for less hardcore players. LFR for instance could have a special mount dropping.

    Your argument is simply not valid.
    A mount isn't exactly content.
  1. Murderdoll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Goretex View Post
    Why? if someone likes it they have the right to buy it if they want. How does it exactly effect your gameplay?
    Because people spending increasing money on these mounts sends the message that this type of content is acceptable by the player base. We are rewarding blizzard for not having new content for 10 months and by spending time on cash mounts.

    This effects my game play because in future the cash shop may include things I would otherwise earn in game and also detracts from Blizzard putting out meaningful content.
  1. Goretex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Because people spending increasing money on these mounts sends the message that this type of content is acceptable by the player base. We are rewarding blizzard for not having new content for 10 months and by spending time on cash mounts.

    This effects my game play because in future the cash shop may include things I would otherwise earn in game and also detracts from Blizzard putting out meaningful content.
    This isn't content it's a vanity mount, not exactly rewarding since blizz has enough money to do what they want and it's optional for the players to buy these things or not. And no it doesn't there 2 different teams raid/bg content team is different than the mount design team.
  1. Pilkie's Avatar
    Any hype i had for WoD is gone, whenever it feels like I might play the game again Blizzard remind me why i shouldn't :P
  1. Goretex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilkie View Post
    Any hype i had for WoD is gone, whenever it feels like I might play the game again Blizzard remind me why i shouldn't :P
    because people buy in game mounts lol that is hillarious!
  1. Scorpio9's Avatar
    Hello!

    I have a good job, a beautiful girlfriend and a successful life. i enjoy WoW since its out 2004, as its a wonderful game! when i feel the game is not offering enough new things for me to do i just unsub, enjoy the other parts of my successful and joyful life and just return when blizzard created new content. i don't have to mention i didnt pay a buck while i was unsubbed and not playing and doing something else then playing a computer game (aka living and learning not whine and cry and complain about trivial, actually more then unimportant things).

    And know what? i ONLY pay 13 eurs a month for my wonderful hobby that offers me hours and hours and hours of leisure time. As i have a job that pays quite OKish i even have 25 eur for a nice little ride in this computer game, imagine that!!!. Thanks Blizzard that you put this one store so i can also use such a mount as i dont have the time and energy to hardcore raid, where most of the other cool mounts drop and you're lucky as hell.

    Thanks Blizz that you enrich my freetime and leisure life for that little money so much and all the best for you. Keep goin'!
  1. Naztrak's Avatar
    With all the sheeps buying this shit blizzard doesn't even have to give a fuck about subs. This company has 0 respect for their customers. Can I get the gateway to be fixed? No? How about 15 bucks? ffs
  1. Arvandor's Avatar
    to date i make no one click on the ingame shop button and i will NEVER buy anything from this dump milking resource!
  1. Goit's Avatar
    I have been levelling and playing "another MMO" for the last two weeks while still raiding in WoW, I have played WoW since Beta, I have prepaid game time until August and I have prepurchased Warlords.

    The 'more content more often' BS has left a bad taste in my mouth, and my most recent interaction with Game Master support ended with me stating 'So the improved service is actually worse for the customer?' I won't go into that, but there are many things that I am dissatisfied with in game at the moment. SoO is the last content in this xpac, released on 10th of September 2013, there is no way Warlords will be released before September, so once again we will have the same end of expansion content for over a year.

    So to summarise: Crap content release rate, customer service decline, overpriced store purchases milking the userbase, nonsensical time travel lore xpac when I suspect a lot of people were waiting on some cool assault on the legion homeworld ala the Wrathion hints. I really think blizzard missed the bullseye on this one.

    Although I have never bought store content, the principal of the mount price has been the straw that has broken this particular donkey's back - I will be requesting a refund for my wife and I's purchases of Warlords when I get home from work tonight. The last 10 years has been a blast and great value entertainment, hats off to Blizzard for that, but I think it's time to bow out.

    I might end up playing WoD if the endgame of the new MMO we're playing isn't up to scratch, but I hope it turns out to be fun, interesting and a challenge - loving everything else in it so far.
  1. Heppu's Avatar
    More content more often = More store mounts with higher price. I'm so glad I quit this game before last pandaland patch and it looks like there is still no reason to come back. They're just milking the cash cow while there is still some milk left, gotta keep the shareholders happy. Luckily you wonderful people are still supporting them so we cant advance in any good direction.
  1. Doomchicken's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    $33 dollars Australian for this?! Thats half the cost of the game ffs.

    People need to stop buying this shit so Blizzard stops peddling it out.
    The only thing people "need" to do is stop being so arrogant, self centered and self important and stop telling people how to spend their money "ffs". The lot of you sound like petulant pathetic crying children that isn't getting what they want. WHAAAAA, THERE'S A MOUNT ON THE STORE THAT TOOK TIME AWAY FROM WOD DEVELOPMENT (even though it's not the same fucking team) You guys need to stop being so immature and get over yourselves.
  1. magnoberta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    The only thing people "need" to do is stop being so arrogant, self centered and self important and stop telling people how to spend their money "ffs". The lot of you sound like petulant pathetic crying children that isn't getting what they want. WHAAAAA, THERE'S A MOUNT ON THE STORE THAT TOOK TIME AWAY FROM WOD DEVELOPMENT (even though it's not the same fucking team) You guys need to stop being so immature and get over yourselves.
    The guy you quoted never mentioned anything about time taken away from wod development. As long as people buy store items, Blizzard has a reason to put these items up for sale, rather than making them available in game without having to pay extra for it. And that's a valid point. If you read your post again, you may find it a lot more immature than the post you have quoted.
  1. Pacster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio9 View Post
    Hello!

    I have a good job, a beautiful girlfriend and a successful life. i enjoy WoW since its out 2004, as its a wonderful game! when i feel the game is not offering enough new things for me to do i just unsub, enjoy the other parts of my successful and joyful life and just return when blizzard created new content. i don't have to mention i didnt pay a buck while i was unsubbed and not playing and doing something else then playing a computer game (aka living and learning not whine and cry and complain about trivial, actually more then unimportant things).

    And know what? i ONLY pay 13 eurs a month for my wonderful hobby that offers me hours and hours and hours of leisure time. As i have a job that pays quite OKish i even have 25 eur for a nice little ride in this computer game, imagine that!!!. Thanks Blizzard that you put this one store so i can also use such a mount as i dont have the time and energy to hardcore raid, where most of the other cool mounts drop and you're lucky as hell.

    Thanks Blizz that you enrich my freetime and leisure life for that little money so much and all the best for you. Keep goin'!

    Well, you tried to me that logical, objective and intelligent...and then you killed it all with that hilarious last sentence. A few pixels that you will likely not even use much(except when you are afk at next expansions main city) are enriching your freetime and leisure life SO MUCH...for that LITTLE money($30). NERD!
  1. OriginZero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Halanad View Post
    Look up Grinning Reaver on Wowhead. Someone asked where the mount would come from and a blue confirmed "It will be purchased from the in-game store, however a price has not yet been decided."
    I saw that post, and I still disagree. That wasn't a blue, but just a customer service rep. There's no official announcement of that being confirmed a store mount, so either they're talking out of their ass or discussing information they shouldn't be yet. I'm going to go with they're just not good at their job at this point, and wait to see if the other mount is a store mount.

    Quote Originally Posted by magnoberta View Post
    The guy you quoted never mentioned anything about time taken away from wod development. As long as people buy store items, Blizzard has a reason to put these items up for sale, rather than making them available in game without having to pay extra for it. And that's a valid point. If you read your post again, you may find it a lot more immature than the post you have quoted.
    I think his comment wasn't solely directed at the quoted source. There's a lot of people posting that they feel content was lost because of this mount. Like...you know...somehow the who WoW team sits around a compute designing a mount.
  1. magnoberta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginZero View Post
    I think his comment wasn't solely directed at the quoted source. There's a lot of people posting that they feel content was lost because of this mount. Like...you know...somehow the who WoW team sits around a compute designing a mount.
    Yeah, fair enough. You're probably right.
    It's a scary thought though, if Blizzard have a dedicated team for store items. Doesn't sound promising for the future
  1. Pacster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    The only thing people "need" to do is stop being so arrogant, self centered and self important and stop telling people how to spend their money "ffs". The lot of you sound like petulant pathetic crying children that isn't getting what they want. WHAAAAA, THERE'S A MOUNT ON THE STORE THAT TOOK TIME AWAY FROM WOD DEVELOPMENT (even though it's not the same fucking team) You guys need to stop being so immature and get over yourselves.
    I mean it ain't exactly logical to make two teams and then tell one team to do "this"(main content of the game that generates monthly money) and the other to do "that"(completely unimportant additional money grab)...and then argueing that the dudes on "that" can not help the dudes on "this" cause they are not in the same team.
    WHY are they not on the same team???? Are they just on different teams to give guys like you a stupid reason?

Site Navigation