Join us in the chat for the biggest Blizzcon viewing party! Keep checking back to explore the new content as we update live during the panels!
Note: all times are converted to the timezone your computer is currently in.
Blizzcon 2015 - Day 1 Recap
Saturday starts off with the Legion Game Systems panel at 1 PM PST / 4 PM EST, followed by Q&A and an In-Game Cinematics panel at the same time. Linkin Park will close out the show!
We will be going back and covering the Cinematics panel after the Q&A is wrapped up, along with the Engineering discussion and Community Game Systems discussion later in the day.
- We finally got to see the Warcraft Movie trailer!
- Legion will launch in Summer 2016 (before September 21). Pre-purchasing gives you a level 100 boost to use now.
- Overwatch is getting three new heroes, along with a new map. You can purchase Overwatch or Overwatch Origins now, launch in Spring 2016 on PC and consoles.
- Hearthstone is getting a new adventure on Thursday: The League of Explorers.
- Heroes of the Storm is getting three new heroes, a new game mode, and a new map, along with the usual new skins and mounts.
- Starcraft is getting mission packs starting in Spring 2016, with the third out by December 2016. Nova Covert Ops is first up!
- Activision Blizzard is opening a TV and Film studio to create content based on their IP.
- Brightpaw the Mana Kitty is this year's charity pet.
World of Warcraft
- Legion beta begins in the weeks following Blizzcon
- Legion Cinematic was released
- Warcraft Movie
- The movie trailer was shown during the Opening Ceremony.
- There was a press event with Duncan Jones, Chris Metzen, and some of the movie cast
- Legion Releasing by September 2016
- The regular version costs $50 and Digital Deluxe costs $70.
- Pre-purchasing gives you a Level 100 Boost and at least one week early access to the Demon Hunter class.
- You will need a level 70 character to create a Demon Hunter and you can only have one Demon Hunter per realm.
- Artifact Weapons - Blog posts for all of the Artifact Weapons include models and a little bit of story.
- World of Warcraft: Legion - World and Content Overview (Official Recap)
- The Broken Shore has a 20 Alliance and 20 Horde (40 Player) scenario that begins right after the cinematic.
- Demon Hunters have a unique starting experience involving Illidan, who creates a Felsaber epic mount for you.
- There are four leveling zones that can be done in any order, as they scale.
- There will be endgame world questing content that aren't strictly daily quests.
- Legion will have two raids, one with 7 bosses (Emerald Nightmare) and one with 10 (Suramar Palace) with Gul'dan as the final boss.
- Legion Challenge Mode dungeons keep becoming harder as you defeat them and the rewards keep getting better. Complements or replaces raiding.
- World of Warcraft Cinematics - The Road to Legion
- Overwatch Pricing
- Overwatch - $40, PC only, includes all of the heroes. Widowmaker skin bonus for pre-orders.
- Overwatch Origins Edition - $60, PC, Xbox One, and PS4. All of the heroes, bonus skins, rewards for other Blizzard games. Baby Wintson Pet for WoW.
- Overwatch Collector's Edition - $130 PC Xbox One, PS4. All of the Origins Edition content plus the soundtrack, an art book, and Soldier: 76 statue.
- New Map and Trailer
- Hollywood is the new Overwatch map, set in a fictional version of Hollywood.
- A new gameplay trailer was released.
- New Heroes
- Whats New in Overwatch
- There will be no support for Macs
- Release will only have 21 heroes, no announcement on additional heroes or pricing for anything after that.
- New heroes are coming to beta next week.
- The League of Explorers Cinematic Trailer
- The League of Explorers - Hearthstone's Third Adventure - Launches Thursday!
- Launches November 12th, 2015 for $20 or 700 gold / $7 per wing.
- Introduces 45 new cards, a new game board, class challenges, and new cards backs.
- When you defeat all of a wing, you get that wing's legendary card.
- What's New for Hearthstone
- All of the new cards were revealed during this panel, along with the new card backs and game boards.
Heroes of the Storm
- Announcement Trailer
- Hero Deep Dive
- There are more than 200 characters on the list of potential heroes.
- Lunara, King Genn Greymane, and Cho'Gall are the three new heroes.
- Cho'gall is one hero controlled by two players.
- Cho'Gall will be given to everyone that bought a Blizzcon (or Virtual) ticket.
- If you party up and play 2 games with someone who does not have Cho'gall, they will unlock the hero for free as well.
- If you play 4 games as Cho'gall with someone else, you will get bonus gold!
- The Arena is a new mode will let you pick from 3 random heroes, then play on a new small single objective map. The game is shorter and has less restrictions than normal games now.
- Towers of Doom is the new map, allowing you to destroy enemy towns to take them over and damage the core.
- New Hero Skills and Talents
- Blood and Treasure - New Content and Features for Reaper of Souls
- New zone - Greyhollow Island, Adventure Mode only.
- The Eternal Woods and Royal Quarters were expanded for Adventure Mode.
- Patch 2.4.0 is going to revamp, revisit, or revise nearly every one of the 24 class sets in the game.
- Set Dungeons - Once you complete and don the full six pieces of any given class set, you'll receive a clue to track down an ancient dungeon designed just for you and your set.
- Empowered Rifts, New Legendaries, More Stash Space, Season Journey Revisions, and more!