Patch 7.1 Live This Week
Patch 7.1 goes live this week! It brings the Karazhan dungeon, Trial of Valor raid, a continuation of the Suramar story, new pets, mounts, achievements and much more! Keep in mind that Trial of Valor will not be open for another two weeks.
Karazhan - Mythic Dungeon
We will Return to Karazhan in Patch 7.1! An updated version of Karazhan with some new encounters has been added as a Mythic dungeon. Don't worry though, the old version of Karazhan is sticking around so you can keep trying for Fiery Warhorse's Reins.
- Attunement will primarily involve Mythic dungeon content. (Source)
- Master of the House and The Tower of Power are two new Karazhan quests.
- Loot ranges from item level 855 to 860, with 875 loot from the final boss.
- The Violet Seals have returned! They come in an item level 850, 855, 860, and 875 version. The 875 version has the Karazhan teleport.
- The chest items in Karazhan have a Chest Armor Bonus that interacts with
- There are two trinkets with effects that work together: Mrrgria's Favor and Toe Knee's Promise
- An updated version of Ruby Slippers has been added: Astonishingly Scarlet Slippers
- There is a new item set: Wine-Stained Mantle and Amulet of the Last Guardian
- Two new mounts come from Karazhan: Midnight's Eternal Reins and Smoldering Ember Wyrm
- You can complete a quest line to acquire Moroes as a follower. He has the Dinner is Served ability.
- The Blazing Ember Signet toy drops from Nightbane.
Karazhan Exterior Updated
The Legion is invading the area of Deadwind Pass around Karazhan.
Blood of Sargeras Trader
Visit Illnea Bloodthorn in Dalaran to trade in your Blood of Sargeras for trade goods and Order Resources.
Patch 7.1 makes several changes to PvP:
- Honor talents are no longer lost when you Prestige (More)
- The amount of Artifact Power you will earn from a PvP victory is displayed in the UI
- You will earn extra Honor and Artifact Power for your first win of the day in all unrated and rated PvP activities
- Rated and Unrated Battleground wins will reward a piece of gear. Losses have a chance to reward gear based on the score.
- Skirmish and Arena victories will have an increased chance to drop gear.
- The item level of PvP gear now more closely mirrors the type of item level progression you see from World Quests
- Each rated PvP bracket (2v2, 3v3, Rated Battlegrounds) has a weekly quest that rewards items based on your best rating from the previous week.
- The quests for Arena brackets will require 10 wins, and the quests for the Rated Battleground bracket require three wins.
- Below 2000, the quests reward Gladiator appearance gear and above 2000 they reward Elite appearance gear.
Nagrand Arena Visual Update
Nagrand Arena has received visual updates in this patch! Gameplay should still be the same.
Patch 7.1 allows you to join friends that are in the queue for different activities. You select a role, ask to join, and then are in the queue with them!
Return to Alcaz Isle
Alcaz Isle has been invaded by Dr. Weavil and the Drudge Gnomes!
- The island is now full of strong sentries and NPCs, as well as Dr. Weavil himself!
- You won't be able to fly there, as the island has anti-air guns that will dismount you.
- Dr. Weavil drops the Big Red Raygun toy
- He also has Machine Fluid and Drudge Fluid for your pets
- Three new mechanical spiders to tame: Copper Arachnodrone, Silver Arachnodrone, and Golden Arachnodrone
- These spiders require the Electrified Key from Dr. Weavil
- A new color of mechanical guard dog to tame: Model GU-4RD-3R
There are lots of smaller new things in this patch:
- The Helarjar World Quests are unlocked with the A Call to Action quest chain, granting access to new world quests
- Illidan's story continues, with The Hunt for Illidan Stormrage and Soul Prism of the Illidari.
- Lingering Soul Fragment will take some time to collect, as you need 80 and there is a weekly cap of 10.
- There are some interesting details in the quest descriptions!
- The Suramar story continues with even more quests!
- Something's Not Quite Right...
Toys, Pets, and Mounts
- Several new toys were added
- Many new battle pets were added, along with the Raiding with Leashes IV: Wrath of the Lick King achievement and Stardust
- Four falcosaur pets were added, complete with a quest chain that eventually leads to access to the falcosaur mounts: Predatory Bloodgazer, Viridian Sharptalon, Snowfeather Hunter, Brilliant Direbeak.
- Completing Murky quests rewards a new achievement: No Shellfish Endeavor
- Completing the PvP world quests 20 times each rewards a PvP mount: Free For All, More For Me
- A new legacy achievement: Sul'thraze the Lasher, requiring Sul'thraze the Lasher
UI / Addons
- The slider for max camera zoom was removed from the UI options. You can increase it with "/console cameraDistanceMaxZoomFactor 2.6"
- Patch 7.1 will remove some the ability for addons to access information about player position.
- The Broken Isles loading screen has had a slight change.
Talon's Vengeance is a new faction in Patch 7.1. It isn't clear how it is unlocked, but many of the rewards are PvP related. One item earned from PvP kills grants Mark of Prey, increasing your reputation with Talon's Vengeance.
|Level||Type||Name||Req. Faction||Req. Standing|
|110||Other||Regurgitated Leaf||Talon's Vengeance||Neutral|
|110||Other||Bag of Twigs||Talon's Vengeance||Friendly|
|110||Other||Ivory Feather||Talon's Vengeance||Honored|
|820||Trinket||Cracked Falcosaur Beak||Talon's Vengeance||Revered|
|20||Mount||Ivory Hawkstrider||Talon's Vengeance||Exalted|
Falcosaur Pets and Mounts
Four Falcosaur pets and mounts were added in this patch! You can find more details on Quintessence's blog
- For each of the quests below, go to the world quest, kill the Matriarch, and then find the orphaned hatchling.
- Be sure to have the correct food in your inventory or the hatchling won't interact with you.
- Bloodgazer Swarm! (Azsuna) - Requires Azsunian Grapes and rewards Bloodgazer Hatchling
- Sharptalon Swarm! (Val'sharah) - Requires Dried Bilberries and rewards Sharptalon Hatchling
- Direbeak Swarm! (Stormheim) - Requires Pungent Vrykul Gamalost and rewards Direbeak Hatchling
- Snowfeather Swarm! (Highmountain) - Requires Smoked Elderhorn and rewards Snowfeather Hatchling
- After you have acquired the pet, you will need to level it to 25, do world quests with him, pet battles, buy things, do dungeons, raids, and more!
Patch 7.1 adds some new recipes including bags for tailoring, Vantus runes, glyphs, drums, potions, fishing bobbers, and more!
- Obliterum was also increased to a max of 8 upgrades from 7, allowing a max item level of 855.
- Fishing - New bobbers were added as either world drops or sold by Conjurer Margoss.
- Cooking - Food that grants movement speed and attack speed after killing an enemy: Spiced Wildfowl Omelet
- First Aid - Bandage that removes bleeds: Feathered Luffa
|1||Other||Crate of Bobbers: Can of Worms|
|1||Other||Crate of Bobbers: Cat Head|
|1||Other||Crate of Bobbers: Tugboat|
|1||Other||Crate of Bobbers: Squeaky Duck|
|1||Other||Crate of Bobbers: Murloc Head|
|1||Other||Crate of Bobbers: Wooden Pepe|
|Imbued Silkweave Bag||Craft an Imbued Silkweave Bag.|
|Imbued Silkweave Bag||Reduces the materials required to craft an Imbued Silkweave Bag.|
|Imbued Silkweave Bag||Greatly reduces the materials required to craft an Imbued Silkweave Bag.|
|Glyph of Crackling Ox Lightning||Craft a Glyph of Crackling Ox Lightning.|
|Glyph of the Trusted Steed||Craft a Glyph of the Trusted Steed.|
|Glyph of Twilight Bloom||Craft a Glyph of Twilight Bloom.|
|Vantus Rune: Odyn||Craft a Vantus Rune: Odyn.|
|Vantus Rune: Guarm||Craft a Vantus Rune: Guarm.|
|Vantus Rune: Helya||Craft a Vantus Rune: Helya.|
|Vantus Rune: Odyn||Reduces the materials required to craft a Vantus Rune: Odyn.|
|Vantus Rune: Guarm||Reduces the materials required to craft a Vantus Rune: Guarm.|
|Vantus Rune: Helya||Reduces the materials required to craft a Vantus Rune: Helya.|
|Vantus Rune: Odyn||Greatly reduces the materials required to craft a Vantus Rune: Odyn.|
|Vantus Rune: Guarm||Greatly reduces the materials required to craft a Vantus Rune: Guarm.|
|Vantus Rune: Helya||Greatly reduces the materials required to craft a Vantus Rune: Helya.|
|Potion of Prolonged Power||Mix a stack of 10 Potions of Prolonged Power at the Dalaran Alchemy Station.|
|Potion of Prolonged Power||No longer requires the Dalaran Alchemy Station.|
|Potion of Prolonged Power||Chance to create more than 10 potions.|
|Drums of the Mountain||Craft Drums of the Mountain.|
|Drums of the Mountain||Reduces the materials required to craft Drums of the Mountain.|
|Drums of the Mountain||Significantly reduces the materials required to craft Drums of the Mountain.|
Diablo 20th Anniversary Event
The Diablo 20th Anniversary event will take place from January 4th to January 10th. There is an achievement and some items associated with the event.
|66||Other||Stone of Jordan|
|1||Other||Tome of Town Portal|
|1||Other||Scroll of Town Portal|
|1||Other||Blank Diabolic Tome|
|1||Other||Small Charm of Life|
|1||Other||Small Charm of Inertia|
|1||Other||Large Charm of Strength|
|1||Other||Large Charm of Dexterity|
|1||Other||Serpent's Grand Charm|
|1||Other||Stalwart's Grand Charm|
You can upgrade your legendary item once The Nighthold opens by completing the Touch of a Titan quest and obtaining Distilled Titan Essence.
Expanded Macro Icon List Frame
The default UI finally allows you to see more icons when trying to select one for a macro.
Hidden Belt Transmog
Patch 7.1 adds the option to hide your belt!
Flight Path Map Changes
The flight path map has been changed to show only the path to your destination in Patch 7.1, how many world quests are up in a zone, as well as showing non world quests on the map. Currently the flight points aren't lining up correctly with the Broken Isles map.
Auction House Sorting Improved
The Auction House can now sort by price per unit, helping with the varying stack sizes.
Mythic+ Dungeon Filter
The group finder will now allow you to list Mythic and Mythic+ groups separately.
Fire Mage: Hidden Flame Orbs
Fire mages can talk to Archmage Melis to hide the floating flame orbs of Felo'melorn in Patch 7.1.
Mage - Updated Portal and Teleport Icons
Some Mage armor teleports and portals now have a new, unique icon.
Patch 7.1 adds some new music, including music for Karazhan, Winter's Veil, and Diablo's Anniversary.
The Action Cam should be returning in Patch 7.1, meaning addons like dynamiccam might work once again.
Lots of new icons were added in this patch!
New strings in this patch include references to the system that allows you to join friends that are queuing for something.
WoWDB Addon Data Collection
The migration to the new Curse App continues with improved addon management support and guild servers.
Quickly populating the database with new additions is done with the help of many players. The more people that contribute data, the more accurate and quickly we can update the database.
To help out, just click here if you have Curse App already installed.
When you are playing the addon will gather data and save it. When you are done playing, Curse App will see the game close and upload the collected data from the addon.