Raid Finder is a new feature being added into Patch 4.3 that works similar to the current dungeon finder but for 25man raids. Similar to the dungeon finder feature, you queue as your respective role, a group is found and off you go to slay dragons (and other bad guys). However Raid Finder will have a few small additions that are not present in the Dungeon Finder.
- Just like the Dungeon Finder, a raid leader will be selected. They will be unable to affect the loot distribution or spontaneously kick people from the raid. They will however be able to mark targets, use the /raidwarning command and promote other players to assist in leading. The leader will also be responsible for making judgemental decisions on fights (example: who has to interrupt X target.)
- Raid Finder will not have a lockout, however players will only be able to recieve loot from the first time they kill each boss each week.
- A new need before greed system has been implemented purposely for Raid Finder that gives players a bonus 100 to their role when needing on loot designed for their role within the raid (example: mage needs on tanking item and rolls 94, tank rolls 75 but recieves a 100 bonus due to the item being designed for their role, making their roll 175.)
- Raid Finder is currently implemented for Dragon Soul only and is split into two separate raids, the first four boss' of Dragon Soul and the final four boss' of Dragon Soul.
- Just like Dungeon Finder the Raid Finder will have an item level requirement, in this case it's 372.
- All loot, including tier pieces will be of a lower item level than the normal and heroic version of Dragon Soul in relation to the difficulty.
- Just like the Dungeon Finder the Raid Finder will be a cross realm feature.
- The raid composition will always consist of two tanks, six healers and seventeen DPS. The system will automatically attempt to balance the group between melee and ranged DPS.
- Raid Finder will not lock you to the normal or heroic version of Dragon Soul.
- Just like the Dungeon Finder the Raid Finder will have a vote to kick system, as well as a Dungeon Deserter debuff.
- Boss' will not reward Valor Points however killing the last boss in each of the respective raids Dragon Soul is split into will reward 250 Valor Points, totalling a potential 500 Valor Points from clearing the whole raid.
Patch 4.3: Raid Finder Loot Rules
Raid Finder Official Preview