New Necromancer Information from Blizzard, BlizzCon Dates Announced

Un'Goro Card Reveal Livestream this Friday with Peter Whalen and Sean "Day[9]" Plott

Patch 7.2 on the Background Downloader
Patch 7.2 is on the background downloader!



Patch 7.1.5 Hotfixes - March 14
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Dungeon and Raid
  • The Nighthold
    • Star Augur Etraeus
      • Voidling health scaling has been adjusted to be slightly lowered for 10 players, and slightly increased for 30 players on Raid Finder, Normal, and Heroic difficulties.
      • The time at which Star Augur Etraeus casts Big Bang has been increased by 30 seconds on Raid Finder, Normal, and Heroic difficulties.

Enemies
  • All devilsaurs in Un'Goro Crater now scale to max level. It’s madness out there!

Items
  • Dino Mojo now works properly if there is one item stack used.

Player versus Player
  • The Monk talent Ring of Peace and the Mage talent Arcane Orb should no longer trigger a Warlock’s Call Observer more than once per cast.
  • Warlock
    • Call Fel Lord now has a 15 second duration (was 30 seconds).

Quests
  • Kor'vas Bloodthorn, Lord Maxwell Tyrosus, and Lord Jorach Ravenholdt all forgot something at the Class Hall after being sent on a Mission. They are now available to receive “An Urgent Warning”.

On Sale Now! World of Warcraft Chronicle: Volume II
World of Warcraft Chronicle: Volume II has been released! Check out a (long) recap on the forum.


Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Continue your journey through Azeroth’s history with World of Warcraft Chronicle: Volume II, on sale now!

This beautiful hardcover edition is the second in a multipart series exploring the lore of the Warcraft universe. Volume II will reveal more sought-after details about the world’s history and mythology. Showcasing lush, all-new artwork from fan favorites such as Peter Lee, Joseph Lacroix, and Alex Horley, this tome is sure to please all fans—casual and collector alike.




Written by: Chris Metzen, Matt Burns, Robert Brooks

Cover Artist: Peter Lee

See more of what’s in store for you in IGN’s 16-page preview, then add your own copy to your library.

Blue Posts
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Mythic+ Feedback
Thanks for copying this over! Good feedback here that I can send on up. I think the point on differences in difficulties between affixes is particularly relevant. Seems a relevant conversation the dev team would be happy to listen to is everyone's thoughts on how you deal with the various affixes (ignore them, smaller pulls, etc), and how those experiences have evolved so far in Legion.

I would also be interested in how you guys rank the affixes in order of difficulty to deal with (this obviously changes as the rank increases, but lets look at say... 5 which is pretty average) in the current environment on live.

I'm also very aware of the differences between dungeons on Mythic+, and Ion has previously touched on the preference for Maw of Souls. I'm not exactly sure what can be done at the moment about the gaps the community sees between them, but I'm willing to take any feedback you guys want to share.

My biggest gripe with Mythic+ are the timers. Timers are the reason I didn't like CMs, and it's the reason I really dislike Mythic+ despite loving the concept.
I've seen this point of discussion too, and it's come up numerous times in my own feedback and reporting. Just wanted to say I know this is a valid opinion that I'm definitely aware of. (Official Forums)

Demon Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
Vengeance Demon Hunter Feedback
Thank you for the suggestions and discussion.

In today’s 7.2 PTR update, we’re testing the following change:

  • Demonic Wards now reduces all damage taken by 20% (was 10%), and increases Armor by 75% (was 120%).

What this amounts to is a passive reduction of all incoming damage, combined with a lowered defenses against physical damage, leaving almost no change to incoming physical, but a substantial new mitigation against magic.

Your feedback has been very helpful, so again, thank you! (Official Forums)

Warrior (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
Protection Warrior Feedback
As before, we thank you for the good feedback.

The Nighthold has put a spotlight on magic mitigation more than previous raids, and we’ve seen how that resulted in Protection Warriors (who are typically a very well-rounded tank spec) falling a bit behind other tanks as a result.

Today’s new 7.2 PTR build includes the following change:

Warrior
  • Gleaming Scales (Artifact Trait) increases Spell Reflection magical damage reduction by 20%.

Gleaming Scales is a new Artifact Trait that’s coming in 7.2, and the intention here is to provide Warriors with a way to keep up with incoming spells in encounters that are magic-heavy, such as Spell Augur Etraeus or Krosus in The Nighthold.

We’re also testing a new change to the Protection Legendary belt Thundergod’s Vigor that triples the rate at which your Thunder Claps reduce the cooldown on Demoralizing Shout.

We continue to analyze and consider everything you’re telling us here (and elsewhere!), so keep it coming. Thank you! (Official Forums)

FinalBossTV - Havoc Demon Hunters
FinalBossTV covered Havoc Demon Hunters this week!

This article was originally published in forum thread: Patch 7.2 on the Background Downloader, Mar 14 Hotfixes, Chronicle: Volume II Release started by chaud View original post
Comments 71 Comments
  1. Dracullus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    Small correction, it's FF14, but you're probably spot on about the rest. June 20th.
    Also, TESO: Morrowind on June 6th. So we have our dates for 7.2.5 and normal/heroic Tomb, people ;P.
  1. f3llyn's Avatar
    7.2 being on the back ground downloader means it'll be out within the next 2-3 weeks.
  1. transparent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    For the patch: I'd say around VERY EARLY april (As in, the 1st, through 3rd).

    And For the raid (Which will likely be 2 weeks after 7.2), i'd say around April 14th-15th.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I mean, this should be the time as to where we're supposed to get our Patch Trailer cinematic, yes?
    You must be new. Why would they release a patch on A WEEKEND? Why on Earth would they release a raid on a Thursday or Friday?

    If you're going to take a guess, at least make it an educated guess. Patches are released with maintenance, not just some willy nilly days pulled from a hat.

    TOS won't be out for a long time.
  1. jasontheking1234's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by transparent View Post
    You must be new. Why would they release a patch on A WEEKEND? Why on Earth would they release a raid on a Thursday or Friday?

    If you're going to take a guess, at least make it an educated guess. Patches are released with maintenance, not just some willy nilly days pulled from a hat.

    TOS won't be out for a long time.
    I'm not new, i'll tell you that much. *Looks at his post count*

    Hmmm. Almost at 3.5k already.


    Either way, I really don't care about the release date. All I want are these 2 things:

    1. Cinematics

    2. Kil'jaeden
  1. PraisCthulhu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Your PATCH release date MAY be correct, but the raid will definitely NOT come before late june. Personally, I'd prefer the Raid to open in September (after summer vacation with 7.2.5, which also is exactly 1 year after expansion release) with a ToV-like Raid in June/July (patched in as 7.2.3 for example). Remember, if the Raid comes too soon, we'll be seeing a 10+month last tier AGAIN!

    9 months would be *way* too long for Nighthold. June or July feels perfect for it IMO. If anything, I want another ToV style raid between ToS and the last raid tier. I know they have said where we are going in patch 7.3 isn't diverse enough for an entire expansion, but I think it'd be a shame to relegate it to 1 raid or 1 raid and 1 dungeon. I'd like to see a small, 3-5 boss raid before the main tier 21 raid.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by f3llyn View Post
    7.2 being on the back ground downloader means it'll be out within the next 2-3 weeks.
    Exactly. This means all the main content is in there and now they are down to the last couple of tuning passes. It'll be either the 28th or the 4th unless a major bug is found between now and then.
  1. Count Zero's Avatar
    Okay, so are we just not going to talk about the old-world mobs scaling to max level ?
  1. Emerald Archer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Okay, so are we just not going to talk about the old-world mobs scaling to max level ?
    >.> What is there to even say about it? It's for an in game event. That's it.
  1. Zachdavis's Avatar
    the patch should hit sometime in april, with the Raid hitting in late june or july
  1. FelPlague's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by defnotalizardperson View Post
    I can't post links with no post count, but these people have found sources for no immediate release:




    I haven't seen sources giving an actual month or date, though. I think May/June is just a popular guess right now.
    dude no one is saying june, that is completely stupid
  1. Occar's Avatar
    I find it funny that they want a ranking of affix difficulties at Mythic +5 when slightly less than half of the affixes would even be encountered then. Slightly less than half because there are the two at rank 10. How exactly are we supposed to rank the M+7 affixes at M+5? It really shows a lack of understanding on the part of the poster.
  1. Emerald Archer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachdavis View Post
    the patch should hit sometime in april, with the Raid hitting in late june or july
    Patch in April would be a bit strange considering it's on the background downloader now. 29th of March would seem like the latest it would be unless something went wrong.
  1. ible's Avatar
    So excited to play a new character on a dead game woohoo
    Even more so pay for a new class.
  1. FelPlague's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Patch in April would be a bit strange considering it's on the background downloader now. 29th of March would seem like the latest it would be unless something went wrong.
    hell there is still the slight possability it could come on the 21st, allthough it is looking unlikley, we will know by tomorow cause tyomorow will be the lastest (in comparison when it launched) to a patch they have announced, so its unlikley

    but if its not this upcoming tuesday its the 29th for sure, i still see people saying june or may and its like... uh what?
  1. Emerald Archer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    hell there is still the slight possability it could come on the 21st, allthough it is looking unlikley, we will know by tomorow cause tyomorow will be the lastest (in comparison when it launched) to a patch they have announced, so its unlikley

    but if its not this upcoming tuesday its the 29th for sure, i still see people saying june or may and its like... uh what?
    Yeah 100%, 21st would be nice but yeah we'd need to get notice soon. Any later than the 29th and I really believe something would have gone wrong. 3 weeks after starting the background download would just seem too long.
  1. defnotalizardperson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    dude no one is saying june, that is completely stupid
    This is the post that Cæli was asking for sources on:

    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Raid's not releasing with the patch, probably won't until may/june
    And I'll just leave this here:

    Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Your PATCH release date MAY be correct, but the raid will definitely NOT come before late june. Personally, I'd prefer the Raid to open in September (after summer vacation with 7.2.5, which also is exactly 1 year after expansion release) with a ToV-like Raid in June/July (patched in as 7.2.3 for example). Remember, if the Raid comes too soon, we'll be seeing a 10+month last tier AGAIN!
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisCthulhu View Post
    9 months would be *way* too long for Nighthold. June or July feels perfect for it IMO. If anything, I want another ToV style raid between ToS and the last raid tier. I know they have said where we are going in patch 7.3 isn't diverse enough for an entire expansion, but I think it'd be a shame to relegate it to 1 raid or 1 raid and 1 dungeon. I'd like to see a small, 3-5 boss raid before the main tier 21 raid.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Exactly. This means all the main content is in there and now they are down to the last couple of tuning passes. It'll be either the 28th or the 4th unless a major bug is found between now and then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachdavis View Post
    the patch should hit sometime in april, with the Raid hitting in late june or july
  1. defnotalizardperson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    dude no one is saying june, that is completely stupid
    If you had bothered to CTRL+F "June" in this exact thread, including the post I was replying to, you would find 4 different people saying that.
  1. Onikaroshi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    hell there is still the slight possability it could come on the 21st, allthough it is looking unlikley, we will know by tomorow cause tyomorow will be the lastest (in comparison when it launched) to a patch they have announced, so its unlikley

    but if its not this upcoming tuesday its the 29th for sure, i still see people saying june or may and its like... uh what?
    Well, there IS a Q&A tomorrow. Which is suspiciously close to the last Q&A
  1. defnotalizardperson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Well, there IS a Q&A tomorrow. Which is suspiciously close to the last Q&A
    I just realized this guy hasn't been reading the thread at all, and thinks people are saying 7.2 will release in June.
  1. FelPlague's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by defnotalizardperson View Post
    I just realized this guy hasn't been reading the thread at all, and thinks people are saying 7.2 will release in June.
    im not saying a majority of people, but there are people who think may/june 1 second let me get a qoute.
    OMFG YOU ARE LITERALLY THE ONE WHO SAID JUNE


    Quote Originally Posted by defnotalizardperson View Post
    I can't post links with no post count, but these people have found sources for no immediate release:




    I haven't seen sources giving an actual month or date, though. I think May/June is just a popular guess right now.
    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Yeah 100%, 21st would be nice but yeah we'd need to get notice soon. Any later than the 29th and I really believe something would have gone wrong. 3 weeks after starting the background download would just seem too long.
    as said below, the Q&A tomorow is very close to last weeks Q&A they usually have a few weeks inbetween
  1. Onikaroshi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    im not saying a majority of people, but there are people who think may/june 1 second let me get a qoute.
    OMFG YOU ARE LITERALLY THE ONE WHO SAID JUNE




    - - - Updated - - -



    as said below, the Q&A tomorow is very close to last weeks Q&A they usually have a few weeks inbetween
    May/June is talking about the raid, not the patch

Site Navigation