PvP Participation has been higher than expected, rating cutoff estimates have been raised.
Due to the transition between 7.1.5 and 7.2, AP rewards in the Mythic+ weekly chest will not begin until next week.
Patch 7.2 Live This Week
Patch 7.2 goes live this week!
Keep in mind that the Tomb of Sargeras will not actually release this week, we've got to take the fight to the Broken Shore first! Here's what you can expect:
- The Broken Shore - A new world questing zone that includes a new faction, rare spawns, world bosses, and more.
- The Cathedral of Eternal Night - A new dungeon with familiar faces, such as Illidan and Maiev.
- Class Mounts - Unlock a class specific mount after completing the new eleven week story in Patch 7.2
- Artifact Changes - There are new Artifact Traits, new Artifact Knowledge ranks, changes to Artifact Trait costs, and more.
- Order Hall Research - Two new tiers of Order Hall Talents have been added.
- Order Hall Campaign - Patch 7.2 continues the Order Hall Campaigns.
- Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part Two - You will be able to earn this achievement and unlock flying in this patch.
- Legion Invasions - The Legion is invading different zones in the Broken Isles.
- Spell Animations - Hunters, Death Knights, and Druids are getting a few new spell animations in this patch.
- Paragon Reputation System - Earn additional rewards from Legion factions after Exalted
- Pet Battle Dungeon - The first Pet Battle Dungeon takes you to Wailing Caverns.
- Crafted Legendary Items - Patch 7.2 adds crafted Legendary Items that are Bind on Equip!
- Legendary Item Changes - Some legendary items are changing, bad luck protection is spec specific, and you can (somewhat) target slots for legendary items.
- PvP Brawls - Southshore vs. Tarren Mill, Gravity Lapse, and the Warsong Scramble are some of the new brawls coming in this patch.
- New Music - As always, there is some new music in this patch.
The official notes patch notes are here!
All of the calculators have been updated to reflect changes coming in Patch 7.2.
New Zone - The Broken Shore
The Legion is invading in Patch 7.2 and we are fighting them on the Broken Shore. This area offers new world quests, a new faction, rare spawns, new items, and more!
New Dungeon - The Cathedral of Eternal Night
In this new dungeon, you'll assist Illidan and Maiev in making sure that the Aegis of Aggramar, one of the five Pillars of Creation, is properly sealed to help protect the Broken Shore against the Legion.
- The item levels of gear found in Legion Dungeons has been increased.
- Enemies’ damage and health have been increased for all Heroic and Mythic dungeons, including Mythic Keystone Dungeons.
- Lower Karazhan and Upper Karazhan have been added to the Random Legion Heroic list in Dungeon Finder.
- The Arcway and Court of Stars have been added to the Random Legion Heroic list in Dungeon Finder.
- Mythic Keystone dungeons now award gear up to item level 890 at keystone level 10, and now award gear up to item level 905 in the weekly Challenger’s Chest (at keystone level 10).
- Artifact Power rewards from both Mythic Keystone dungeons and the weekly Challenger's Chest now continue through keystone level 30.
- Mythic Keystones can now direct you to Lower Karazhan, Upper Karazhan, and the Cathedral of Eternal Night.
- Artifact Power rewards for Mythic Keystone dungeons have been adjusted:
- Longer dungeons, such as Halls of Valor, now award a proportionately higher amount of Artifact Power.
- Shorter dungeons, such as Maw of Souls, now award a proportionately lower amount of Artifact Power.
- Artifact Power bonuses have been added to your weekly chest rewards. These increase based on the highest level Mythic Keystone you completed.
- Some Keystone Affixes have been changed and new Affixes have been added. See the official notes for all of the details.
Patch 7.2 makes changes to many classes, including new Artifact Traits. As always, Icy-Veins has updated class guides!
Check out all of the class mounts on our Class Mounts page! Unlocking these mounts is a reward of the eleven week quest campaign that comes with the patch.
Class mounts aren't the only new mounts coming in the patch! New PvP mounts, reputation mounts, dungeon, and raid mounts are also being added.
Patch 7.2 adds new Artifact Traits, new Artifact Knowledge ranks, changes Artifact Trait costs, and more! See our Artifact Changes page for all of the details.
- Patch 7.2 adds several new traits for players to earn. These are unlocked by a short quest line that varies based on your role.
- The previous final trait with 20 ranks now just has one rank.
- Excess Artifact Power in the previous final trait will be refunded.
- The first new trait you purchase helps to make up for the loss of the old final trait, as it grants 10% damage and 10% Stamina.
- Each of your 3 rank traits will have another rank unlocked, allowing you to purchase up to a maximum of 4 ranks.
- A new final trait has been added, this time with 50 ranks.
- The new final trait is effectively a soft cap, as you will have trouble ever earning enough Artifact Power to max it out.
Order Hall Research
Two new tiers of Order Hall Talents have been added, with a total research cost of 25,000 x Order Resources.
- New Troop Type - Recruit a new class specific troop type that increases success chance of missions by 30%.
- Roster of Champions - Increase the number of Champions you can have active at once by 1.
- Legionfall United - Artifact Power items gained from world quests and missions have a chance to grant double Artifact Power.
Order Hall Campaign
Patch 7.2 continues the Order Hall Campaigns! You can see the new achievements that list the chapters of each part of the new class campaigns on WoWDB.
Flying - Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part Two
Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part Two was added in Patch 7.2! According to the latest developer interview, it will probably be a few weeks before anyone has earned it. You won't be able to complete Defender of the Broken Isles until invasions activate a week after the patch releases.
- Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part One
- Defender of the Broken Isles - Repel Legion assaults against Azsuna, Highmountain, Stormheim, and Val'sharah.
- Explore Broken Shore - Explore the Broken Shore, revealing the covered areas of the world map.
- Legionfall Commander - Earn Revered status with the Armies of Legionfall.
The Legion's presence continues to grow in Patch 7.2, with invasions occurring around the Broken Isles.
- The invasion begins with a zone being under attack. The skybox, world quests, and the NPCs present are changed in some areas, similar to the pre-expansion invasions.
- The invasion quests are similar to the regular world quests, requiring you to kill NPCs and click objects.
- After completing all six invasion world quests, you have completed the Assault on Zone quest, allowing you to move to the next stage.
- Next you are sent to a specific point in the zone to defeat more invaders, with some similar followup quests.
- After all of these quests are complete, there is a three player invasion scenario that sends you to the Legion ship in the sky.
- On the ship you defeat various NPCs before defeating the leader and taking down the ship.
Patch 7.2 adds new achievements, including lots of appearance related achievements!
New Spell Animations
Hunters, Death Knights, and Druids are getting a few new spell animations in this patch.
Paragon Reputation System
Patch 7.2 adds additional rewards to Legion factions for players that have already hit exalted and keep earning more reputation.
- Upon reaching Exalted with any Legion faction, you will receive a new reputation bar that requires 10,000 reputation.
- For every 10,000 reputation you earn past Exalted, you will receive a reward cache from that faction, possibly containing rare mounts, interesting toys, battle pets, and other rewards.
- You can earn reputation the same way you always have, with world quests, regular quests, emissary quests, and other sources.
- Your first reward cache will grant The Reputable achievement.
- After earning a total of 10 of these caches, you will earn Paragon of the Broken Isles.
Here is a list of the known rewards from each faction:
- Farondis Chest, earned from the Court of Farondis - Cloudwing Hippogryph
- Dreamweaver Cache, earned from the Dreamweavers - Wild Dreamrunner
- Highmountain Supplies, earned from the Highmountain Tribe - Highmountain Elderhorn
- Valarjar Strongbox, earned from the Valarjar - Valarjar Stormwing
- Nightfallen Cache, earned from the Nightfallen - Leywoven Flying Carpet
- Warden Supply Kit, earned from the Wardens - Sira’s Extra Cloak
- Legionfall Chest, earned from the Armies of Legionfall - Orphaned Felbat
Pet Battle Dungeon
The first Pet Battle Dungeon has been added in Patch 7.2, providing another weekly challenging pet battle fight.
There are some smaller profession updates in this patch, as well as crafted legendary items. All item level 815 crafted end-game gear will now be crafted at item level 835.
Obliterum and the Obliterum Forge
Patch 7.2 unlocks the Obliterum Forge for everyone at no cost! There is a single intro quest that gives you one free Obliterum as well.
The first application of Obliterum will bring them up to 840, and the Obliterum cap has been increased to iLvl 875.
- You can now get Artifact Power tokens from Archaeology.
- New Elite digsites with more challenging mobs have been discovered in the Broken Isles.
- All enemies summoned by Archaeology can now be killed by multiple nearby players.
- Nomi can now create Prepared Ingredients as part of his work orders, which can be combined to create up to 10 servings of a random recipe known by the player.
- A new Fishing Artifact appearance unlock item has been added. There is currently no known source for the item.
- Three new cosmetic Glyph recipes have been added.
- Vantus Runes have been added for Tomb of Sargeras.
- Vantus Runes have been added for Legion Dungeons, each with three ranks.
|Glyph of Blood Grip|| |
1 720 745 770
|Glyph of Frost Grip|| |
1 720 745 770
|Glyph of the Shadow Succubus|| |
1 720 745 770
Crafted Legendary Items
Patch 7.2 adds crafted Legendary Items that are Bind on Equip!
All of them require 65 x Blood of Sargeras, profession specific materials, legendary materials from the above quest line, and a Nethershard Essence (sold by Warmage Kath'leen for 8,000 x Nethershard)
Legendary Profession Quests
- Fashion History and a Philosophy of Style - Intro to legendary tailoring, leatherworking, and blacksmithing quest lines
- The Legend of the Elderhide - Intro to legendary Leatherworking
- The Wisp and the Shadow - Complete Mythic Darkheart Thicket
- The Wisp and the Sea - Complete Mythic Wrath of Azshara
- The Wisp and the Nightmare - Defeat Xavius in the Emerald Nightmare
- Leather of the Ancients - Collect Ancient Dreadleather from creatures in the Broken Isles
- The Sentinel's Eternal Refuge - Each time you kill an enemy, you gain 5% movement speed for 60 sec, stacking up to 5 times. At 5 stacks, while you are out of combat you turn into a Wisp, increasing your movement speed further and granting you the ability to fly.
- The Legend of the Wardenscale - Intro to legendary Leatherworking
- The Owl and the Traitor - Complete Mythic Vault of the Wardens
- The Owl and the Dreadlord - Complete Mythic Cathedral of Eternal Night
- The Owl and the Observer - Complete Mythic Return to Karazhan
- Mail of the Ancients - Collect Ancient Gravenscale from creatures in the Broken Isles
- Vigilance Perch - Each time you kill an enemy, you gain 5% movement speed for 60 sec, stacking up to 5 times. At 5 stacks, while you are out of combat you turn into a Spirit Owl, increasing your movement speed further and granting you the ability to fly.
- The Legend of the Elderhide - Intro to legendary Leatherworking
- The Legend of the Threads - Intro to legendary Tailoring quest line
- The Thread of Shadow - Defeat Mythic Advisor Vandros
- The Thread of Starlight - Defeat Advisor Melandrus
- The Thread of Souls - Defeat Grand Magistrix Elisande
- Drapings of the Ancients - Collect Ancient Imbued Silkweave from creatures in the Broken Isles
- Celumbra, the Night's Dichotomy - When an enemy is within 12 yards of you, you conceal yourself in the shadows, reducing damage taken by 5% and increasing movement speed by 10%. When no enemies are within 12 yards of you, Celumbra's starlight heals you for 1% of your maximum health every 1 sec.
- The Legend of the Four Hammers - Intro to legendary Blacksmithing. Find Legends of the Four Hammers in Dalaran.
- The Godfighter - Defeat Mythic Odyn
- The Dragonhunter - Defeat Mythic Dargul
- The Hellslayer - Defeat Helya
- Armor of the Ancients - Collect Ancient Demonsteel from Broken Isles creatures
- Rethu's Incessant Courage - When an enemy is within 8 yards of you, you heal for 2% of your maximum health every 3 sec. When no enemies are within 8 yards of you, your movement speed is increased by 15%.
Legendary Item Changes
Legendary items are getting some modifications, bad luck protection is becoming spec specific, and you can (somewhat) target slots for legendary items in Patch 7.2!
- Legion Legendary items now require level 101 (was 110).
- Patch 7.2 makes legendary drop bad luck protection more spec specific.
- The system looks at how many legendary items you have that can drop for your spec, so if you switch specs the system will know how many legendary items that work for that spec. If you don't have any for that spec, you will have a higher chance to get one.
- The crafted legendary items don't count against your legendary bad luck protection.
- You can target a specific slot for legendary items with the Relinquished tokens from the Broken Shore.
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
There are new PvP Brawls coming in this patch! Only three of them have been previewed so far, so we can't be sure if the others will be ready at release.
Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
- PvP Brawl: Gravity Lapse - Every minute, players on the battlefield will find themselves launched into the air, only to gently fall toward the ground once more in a perpetual aerial ballet as they try to accrue enough resources to take the win home for their team
- PvP Brawl: Southshore vs. Tarren Mill - Originally introduced as a part of the World of Warcraft 10-Year Anniversary event, this Brawl harkens to the early days of WoW PvP with an epic battle between the two towns of Tarren Mill and Southshore
- PvP Brawl: Warsong Scramble - You can capture your enemy’s flag without your own at base. There are a few more power-ups to the field of battle to stir things up a bit. To win, your team will need to be the first to capture 5 flags
- PvP Brawl: PvP Brawl: Arathi Blizzard - Not previewed yet.
- PvP Brawl: Deepwind Dunk - Not previewed yet.
- PvP Brawl: Temple of Hotmogu - Not previewed yet.
- PvP Brawl: Packed House - Not previewed yet.
You can see the full list of UI changes in the official notes, but we've highlight some of the more important ones below!
- The Blood of Sargeras vendor now sells items in multiple amounts (Shift-click).
- The calendar now shows ongoing events when you hover over a day.
- Vendors now grey out the price when you don't have a sufficient amount of currency.
- On PvE servers, players of the opposite faction now have orange names.
- You can now assign a specialization to an equipment set in the Equipment Manager.
- An "Open All" button has been added to the mailbox.
- You can now search your Appearance Collection by dungeon name and boss name.
- In Arenas, your enemies' crowd control Honor Talents are now tracked on their unit frames.
- Pet spells can now be dragged onto the player action bar.
Addons & Friendly Nameplates in Dungeons and Raids
Set Appearances Collection
A new tab has been added to the collections pane that lists Tier armor sets and PvP sets.
- You can filter by PvP/PvE, as well as Collected / Not Collected
- Different raid difficulties and PvP difficulties are separated
- You can search for dungeon and boss names to list the sets that have pieces from them.
There are lots of new icons in the patch!
New Loading Screens
We got a new loading screen for the Winter Arathi Basin brawl, as well as the Tomb of Sargeras and Cathedral of Eternal Night.
Some new music was also included with this patch.
The Great Akazamzarak
Mages can pick up The Great Akazamzarak as a champion, but other classes can finally silence him with a new dialogue option. Enjoy, Citizens of Dalaran!
Several new tabards are in this patch, with a Legionfall Tabard for the new faction, as well as new Gladiator's tabards and placeholder Gladiator's tabards.
There are lots of smaller changes and new strings.
- Blood Elf Female and Tauren characters had their weapon sizes adjusted.
- Broken Isles World Quest rewards now scale to item level 860 (was item level 845)
- The Glorious Tyranny enchant visual has been changed in Patch 7.2.
WoWDB Addon Data Collection
Quickly populating the database with new additions is done with the help of many players. The more people that contribute data, the more accurate and quickly we can update the database.
To help out, just click here if you have the Twitch Desktop App already installed.
When you are playing the addon will gather data and save it. When you are done playing, Twitch will see the game close and upload the collected data from the addon.