PTR/Beta Patch 45113 - New Necromancer Item Passives

The Stitched Dual Class Card Design Competition

Patch 7.2.5 - Trial of Style
Patch 7.2.5 adds the Trial of Style event! The frequency of this event hasn't been determined yet, it will depend on player feedback.





Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
  • HOLIDAY_TRANSMOG_THEME_01 (New) - Theme: Summer Styles
  • HOLIDAY_TRANSMOG_THEME_02 (New) - Theme: Winter Wear
  • HOLIDAY_TRANSMOG_THEME_03 (New) - Theme: Ready for Battle
  • HOLIDAY_TRANSMOG_THEME_04 (New) - Theme: Fun and Flirty
  • HOLIDAY_TRANSMOG_THEME_05 (New) - Theme: Mismatched Mayhem
  • HOLIDAY_TRANSMOG_THEME_06 (New) - Theme: Fire and Ice
  • HOLIDAY_TRANSMOG_THEME_07 (New) - Theme: Dark and Deadly
  • HOLIDAY_TRANSMOG_THEME_08 (New) - Theme: Faction Pride
  • HOLIDAY_TRANSMOG_THEME_09 (New) - Theme: Primal Style
  • HOLIDAY_TRANSMOG_THEME_10 (New) - Theme: Heroes of Azeroth
  • HOLIDAY_TRANSMOG_THEME_11 (New) - Theme: Make Me Laugh
  • HOLIDAY_TRANSMOG_THEME_12 (New) - Theme: Tabard Time
  • HOLIDAY_TRANSMOG_THEME_13 (New) - Theme: Everyday Heroes
  • HOLIDAY_TRANSMOG_THEME_14 (New) - Theme: Epic Purple
  • HOLIDAY_TRANSMOG_THEME_15 (New) - Theme: Champions of the Light
  • HOLIDAY_TRANSMOG_THEME_16 (New) - Theme: Freestyle!



Pose with the Blues - April 21
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Join us tomorrow (Friday, April 21) on the Public Test Realms and show us your moves in the Trial of Style!

From 2 to 4 PM Pacific time (5 to 7 PM Eastern), we’ll be donning our best outfits and strutting our stuff in the brand new Trial of Style event, which is coming in patch 7.2.5. If you’re able to stop by, we’d love for you to join us! Just download the PTR, copy your character, and find Flaskataur in Stormwind or Orgrimmar. He’ll have an option to queue for “Mog Week Tournament" – select that, and you’re off!

Note: due to the way PTR character copies work, you’ll most likely be missing some appearances on the PTR that you’ve unlocked on live realms. As the saying goes, “Make it work!”

Of course, we’ll be participating as well. You’ll know you’re flexing for a Blizzard employee when you see someone in either the or guilds.

See you then!

StarCraft 1.18 Release - Free to Play
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
Greetings Commanders, Cerebrates, and Executors,

We're proud to announce that StarCraft will be patched for the first time in over 8 years today. The patch will go live at 2:00 PM PDT.

When patching, please use the ‘Run as Admin’ option; it is required during your first client run to migrate saves and avoid issues from Windows system admin changes.

StarCraft will be free with this patch as well. We'll add a link here when the patch is live.

Installers
Win: https://battle.net/download/getInsta...gram=STARCRAFT
Mac: https://battle.net/download/getInsta...gram=STARCRAFT

General
  • Added windowed fullscreen or windowed mode; Alt+Enter switches between
  • Added UTF-8 support
  • Added cursor clamping in-game while windowed; unclamped in menus
  • Added Popular Maps to streamline finding games or game types
  • Added options to display actions per minute
  • Added Observer mode
  • Added opponent information when joining a game lobby
  • Added autosaving for replays
  • Added an option to display game time
  • Added UPnP support
  • Updated to a new OpenGL backend
  • Improved gameplay responsiveness during multiplayer by increasing turn rate to match LAN speeds over Battle.net
  • Improved UI layout in Battle.net sections
  • Improved behavior of available lobbies within the ‘Join Game’ section
  • Improved compatibility with Windows 7, 8.1, and 10
  • Improved anticheat capabilities
  • Improved installation and patching performance
  • Mac Beta now available for 10.11 and up

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed palette issues to correct rainbow water, 80s Kerrigan face in the loading screen, and other graphic glitches
  • Fixed problems with LAN game discovery
  • Fixed IME support and other text artifacts in Battle.net menus
  • LAN and Legacy Battle.net fixes

Known Issues
  • The profile section is currently unavailable
  • Some chat commands are still being updated to play nice in the updated chat system
  • Friends location is being improperly displayed
  • Password games will often return bad password trying to join

Blue Posts
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Anduin's Questline - Where's the Horde Part?
The Anduin quest-line and cinematic is intended to tie together the loose ends with the leadership of the Alliance following the events of the Broken Shore in 7.0.

It's aimed to be similar in nature to the second cinematic Horde players saw following the 7.0 introduction quests which solidified Sylvanas as the new Warchief of the Horde.

We're forwarding on the feedback that Horde players are unhappy that Alliance players have a one time source of additional Artifact Power. Thanks for the feedback. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
Affliction MG Changes - Some Transparency?
We hear you all on Soul Effigy. We’re going to remove it in the next PTR patch. It’s concerning when the community sentiment towards a talent isn’t that it’s overpowered or underpowered, but that everyone is terrified they’re going to have to play that way if it becomes strong.

It should be understandable how the original concept of Soul Effigy would seem fun in theory, despite it clearly not working out in practice. As an Affliction Warlock, I'm very happy to walk into a 2-target boss fight. At a basic level, you know you're going to get double value out of your DoTs. Walking into a 1-target fight with Soul Effigy just doesn't feel nearly the same. Mechanically, the gameplay of the two situations is very similar, but in the end Soul Effigy doesn't play out well. Could be any of a number of actors - the reduced damage transfer, feeling like the effigy is just there for increased soul shard generation, the usability issues, or the unnaturalness of it as a concept.

Anyways, it’s gone. Replacement talent to come.
Thanks for the comment Seph, can you clarify whether Affliction will be receiving the nerf to Soul Conduit or not? The notes said only demo was excluded from the SC nerf however on PTR the talent remains 20% for Aff (the tooltip at least, I have not tested the actual %).
Soul Conduit should be unchanged for Affliction. Latest patch notes should reflect that.

This is also further compounded by our current T20 set bonus, which puts a lot of emphasis on drain damage and complete drains - both of which are part of the MG play style, which was just effectively neutered.
The Tier 20 set bonus for Affliction is changing soon. It won’t be so focused on Drain Soul. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Hearthstone Art Book Now Available for Pre-Order
If you enjoy the art in Hearthstone, take a look at this 288 page Hearthstone art book that is now available for pre-order on Amazon.

This article was originally published in forum thread: Trial of Style, Pose with the Blues, SC1 Free to Play, Blue Posts, Hearthstone Art started by chaud View original post
Comments 60 Comments
  1. Mamut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    SC1 is broken as of now(for me at least). I can't overwrite a group once I assign it to a hotkey(among other issues)... I guess they want you to be frustrated with the crappy old free version so you buy the HD version this summer...

    - - - Updated - - -



    Guild halls would be such an easy thing to implement(with their current tech) but they can't seem to figure it out.
    Yeah sure, go then and teach them how to implement this feature. Im pretty sure devs like you will do this in max 2h.
  1. Vegas82's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Yeah sure, go then and teach them how to implement this feature. Im pretty sure devs like you will do this in max 2h.
    It will take more than two hours, but it is exactly the same thing as garrisons except you put everyone with the same guild tag in the instance...
  1. Gloriandus's Avatar
    If the transmog items you can buy with the tokens are unique or "must have" recolors or redesigns, I imagine there will be a lot of complaints when someone's "legit" mog is never chosen as the winner, and they miss out on tokens.
  1. Feederino Senpai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It will take more than two hours, but it is exactly the same thing as garrisons except you put everyone with the same guild tag in the instance...
    Most likely there is an issue with the spaghetti code WoW is built on. They can't even change the backpack size without messing with EVERY currency in the game.

    So wouldn't surprise me that it is near impossible to create guild halls, because of some code created 12 years ago, that now is too late to change because too much is built around/on it.

    Which is why they should kill WoW, and start with WoW2. New code and all that jazz, that is up to todays standards.
  1. Vegas82's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Most likely there is an issue with the spaghetti code WoW is built on. They can't even change the backpack size without messing with EVERY currency in the game.

    So wouldn't surprise me that it is near impossible to create guild halls, because of some code created 12 years ago, that now is too late to change because too much is built around/on it.

    Which is why they should kill WoW, and start with WoW2. New code and all that jazz, that is up to todays standards.
    Sorry, but if they can put us in unique guild chats they have a method to put us in guild halls. Especially if they can create garrisons for each unique player.
  1. A dot Ham's Avatar
    I kind of hate myself for being excited about the Trial of Style... my "Smeyes" are gonna be "fierce"! If you know what that it is... you can join me in my shame and self loathing.
  1. Maerad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Most likely there is an issue with the spaghetti code WoW is built on. They can't even change the backpack size without messing with EVERY currency in the game.

    So wouldn't surprise me that it is near impossible to create guild halls, because of some code created 12 years ago, that now is too late to change because too much is built around/on it.

    Which is why they should kill WoW, and start with WoW2. New code and all that jazz, that is up to todays standards.
    Dude .. did you ever code a bigger project with more then 5 people?

    Yes, the problem sounds so stupid and easy to fix, but it isn't. For the WoW Bag Problem, remember that this game was coded 15 years ago (before the release of course) and they used some other code from WC3 AFAIK. First off all, the coding philosophy was a bit different as of today and I guess nobody could foresee, that the game would still be running in 2017. Also we're talking here about a cluster ready game with million lines of code ... you won't believe what a mess a small change in one line of code can do in 200 other modules you never thought about being related in any way.

    It's not about the code or changes they made over the years, it's simply that the workload is enormous to read into and to do a QC. And they would change the whole function to a current date level, so additional changes can be done easily. And that is what makes it quite tricky.

    Btw. a new start wouldn't fix anything. They would need at least 5 years with an army of devs to get a new game to the current level we have today. They need to port the script engines, movements, AI etc. - not to mention the tons of textures etc.

    And even if they did it all anew ... it would fail like any other "WoW-Killer" that raised the past years. Just because you CAN'T compete with a game that is on the market for a fucking decade. The ppl tend to expect the same content and balance as WoW at least, and you can't get that with a new game.

    Same goes for Starcraft - they just released the first patch for a games that is ages old. Get yourself the Command & Conquer Pack any you will see, how many issues there are. They will need some time to get the Game up to date and fix all the annoying bugs. Takes some time to get used to the program code, nobody worked on in the past several years. And first of all you need to find the guys, that actually CAN code for the game, without learning everything new.
  1. Mamut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It will take more than two hours, but it is exactly the same thing as garrisons except you put everyone with the same guild tag in the instance...
    And what purpose this would have? To afk like in garisson? What mechanics, gameplay, options? Gotta love all those "awesome playerdev ideas" without any details. You have such great knowldege about coding that Im sure you can spare us some details.
  1. Vegas82's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    And what purpose this would have? To afk like in garisson? What mechanics, gameplay, options? Gotta love all those "awesome playerdev ideas" without any details. You have such great knowldege about coding that Im sure you can spare us some details.
    Guild missions and the like where you go do raids or whatever. Can also put the trophies from raid bosses the guild defeated up. There are many options and it would give guilds a more significant feeling in game beyond being a group of people with a special chat. I get that it makes you salty I had a response to your first issue, but I'm not trying to debate this issue here.
  1. Mamut's Avatar
    So basically feature that nobody would give a shiit about 1 month after release?
  1. zrankfappa's Avatar
    seriously? A fashion show? The f*ck is going on ...
  1. Lucetia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dumkin View Post
    So this is What is going to reward the pandaria CM sets? I worked so hard to earn the set on all classes, only to be re-added as a transmog contest reward..... I dont even....
    Where do you see that? I might've missed it, but don't see anything about it.
  1. Gadzooks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    And what purpose this would have? To afk like in garisson? What mechanics, gameplay, options? Gotta love all those "awesome playerdev ideas" without any details. You have such great knowldege about coding that Im sure you can spare us some details.
    Guild halls have been a thing since vanilla. Ever try to schedule an in-game guild meeting? We'd have to find obscure, out of the way places, so random people wouldn't run through, or run into the middle and disrupt. There's also the issue of displaying trophies, like the Garrison. Guild perks used to be a thing, they could add guildportals inside to whatever raids they're working on. They could put the guild bank interface there. There's tons of stuff they could add in there, that would be a benefit to guilds - something that they don't seem to care about anymore.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Maerad View Post
    Same goes for Starcraft - they just released the first patch for a games that is ages old. Get yourself the Command & Conquer Pack any you will see, how many issues there are. They will need some time to get the Game up to date and fix all the annoying bugs. Takes some time to get used to the program code, nobody worked on in the past several years. And first of all you need to find the guys, that actually CAN code for the game, without learning everything new.
    That's exactly what they're doing - and this is all part of the big push for eSports. Free Starcraft means lots more people populating the ranks. Get 'em into competitive play, then get the upgrade cash to HD and Starcraft 2. Or that's what they hope. I can't imagine trying to compete against the zerg rush.
  1. Explicit Teemo Nudes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dumkin View Post
    So this is What is going to reward the pandaria CM sets? I worked so hard to earn the set on all classes, only to be re-added as a transmog contest reward..... I dont even....
    So many people already bought their set with gold, so not sure why you're so bothered this time.
  1. duster2's Avatar
    Blizzard overslept? Aprils fools on the 21st?

    O M G - fashion game....
  1. Yubelluna's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Where do you see that? I might've missed it, but don't see anything about it.
    Nothings concrete has been said about what the rewards are to my knowledge, people have just assumed it could possibily be them. Given there was this in the patch notes: Pandaria Challenge Dungeon sets have been added to Appearances.
  1. bbr's Avatar
    I suspect the trial of style will be rigged by some larger guilds / groups,. if the rewards are worth rigging the trial for.

    if it's just decorative,. it might not as much.
  1. Feederino Senpai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maerad View Post
    Dude .. did you ever code a bigger project with more then 5 people?

    Yes, the problem sounds so stupid and easy to fix, but it isn't. For the WoW Bag Problem, remember that this game was coded 15 years ago (before the release of course) and they used some other code from WC3 AFAIK. First off all, the coding philosophy was a bit different as of today and I guess nobody could foresee, that the game would still be running in 2017. Also we're talking here about a cluster ready game with million lines of code ... you won't believe what a mess a small change in one line of code can do in 200 other modules you never thought about being related in any way.

    It's not about the code or changes they made over the years, it's simply that the workload is enormous to read into and to do a QC. And they would change the whole function to a current date level, so additional changes can be done easily. And that is what makes it quite tricky.

    Btw. a new start wouldn't fix anything. They would need at least 5 years with an army of devs to get a new game to the current level we have today. They need to port the script engines, movements, AI etc. - not to mention the tons of textures etc.

    And even if they did it all anew ... it would fail like any other "WoW-Killer" that raised the past years. Just because you CAN'T compete with a game that is on the market for a fucking decade. The ppl tend to expect the same content and balance as WoW at least, and you can't get that with a new game.

    Same goes for Starcraft - they just released the first patch for a games that is ages old. Get yourself the Command & Conquer Pack any you will see, how many issues there are. They will need some time to get the Game up to date and fix all the annoying bugs. Takes some time to get used to the program code, nobody worked on in the past several years. And first of all you need to find the guys, that actually CAN code for the game, without learning everything new.
    So.. you agree with what I posted. The code is too old to make huge changes now. No need to make a wall of text.

    And a WoW2 wouldn't be like the other "wow-killers", simply because it would be Blizzard that created it. If you don't see the reason, I won't even bother trying to explain it to you.
  1. SupBrah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    So.. you agree with what I posted. The code is too old to make huge changes now. No need to make a wall of text.

    And a WoW2 wouldn't be like the other "wow-killers", simply because it would be Blizzard that created it. If you don't see the reason, I won't even bother trying to explain it to you.
    No what's going to happen is that the belf with the best slutmog will win 90% of the time due to so many weebs and nerd-virgins playing WoW
  1. Lucetia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yubelluna View Post
    Nothings concrete has been said about what the rewards are to my knowledge, people have just assumed it could possibily be them. Given there was this in the patch notes: Pandaria Challenge Dungeon sets have been added to Appearances.
    Ah ok. Though I always thought they should add another way to obtain sets like that (or anything removed). Heck even a "timewalking keystone" thing would work.

Site Navigation