Build Tool Now Includes Necromancer and PTR Content

Hearthstone: Mulligans | Episode 4 - Art Gallery

Patch 7.2.5 Survival Guide - June 13th Release
Blizzard posted their survival guide video for Patch 7.2.5 tonight! The tweet also confirms that the patch is on track for a June 13th release.



Unholy Determination Feat of Strength Removed
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Unholy Determination Removed
This Feat of Strength wasn’t actually intended to go live. We’d decided some time ago that it didn’t really fit in line with our philosophies regarding achievements, particularly due to the non-repeatable nature of the Class Mount questline. Once 7.2.5 is released, it will no longer be granted, and will be removed from players who had already received it.

I can appreciate that no-one likes having something taken away from them. To try and clarify a little bit why we came to this decision; during the course of the PTR testing feedback from the community overwhelmingly pointed out that a missable achievement was both unfun for players that missed it, and unfun for players that felt compelled to slaughter innocent red dragons to achieve it.

I do also want to mention that, while the Feat of Strength will be removed, the special voice line from Bolvar will still play if players choose to follow this particular route.

Are you going to remove Black Harvest FoS too because you can no longer get it?
This isn't really an appropriate comparison.

The Breaker of the Black Harvest FoS was awarded to players who managed to earn green fire during Mists of Pandaria before the Warlords of Draenor pre-patch. Like all the other similar Feats of Strength, it is a reward for accomplishing such feats.

The Unholy Determination FoS which was awarded for doing an optional objective in the Death Knight Class Mount campaign was not supposed to go live (for the reasons already mentioned in this thread), it was a mistake that it did go live which is why it's now being removed.

The actual content will still remain in the game, the optional objective is still there and you will still get the additional dialogue if you choose to complete it. (Official Forums)

Unholy Determination FoS Removed in 7.2.5
Feedback from the community noted that a missable achievement was unfun for the players that missed it. While we've chosen to remove the Feats of Strength granted in the questlines overall, the voice line from Bolvar will still play if players do choose to go down this path as Death Knights.

As was alluded to, these Feats were not meant to go live, as we had previously decided that they were misaligned with our general look towards achievements, namely that they were unobtainable if missed in a non-repeatable quest area. Again, these will no longer be obtainable in 7.2.5, and for players who did obtain the achievement it will be removed. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Posts
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Hidden Wyrmtongue Cache Campaign Quest Hotfix
Yep, to confirm this was indeed hotfixed to only require 5 caches. The ? above Khadgar's head will be grey but you should still be able to turn the quest in.

(As to the why: A client side patch is needed to update the quest text and the turn-in indicator.) (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Shaman (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
7.2.5 Enhancement Class Discussion
It's ambiguous whether SS should attempt to proc Stormbringer once or twice. While we normally try to be generous with things that could go either way--one of the specific concerns driving the Enhancement changes in this patch is that Stormbringer's mechanics caused "feast-or-famine" proc outcomes. That is, because Stormstrike itself was one of the few spells that procced Stormbringer, a proc made more upcoming procs likely, and lack of a proc made upcoming procs less likely. This sort of positive feedback in a proc chance (essentially the opposite of bad luck protection) is something that should generally be avoided.

Stormstrike having twice the proc chance of any other button would have a similar concern. I understand that, viewed in isolation, adding it would be a welcome power increase--but that's neither here nor there. As always, the spec can be tuned with either proc mechanic, so the important question is what's better for pacing long-term. If it turns out more total DPS is needed (or even if, for example, more frequent procs would be an improvement), there are likely better ways to accomplish it.

If by happenstance some talent rows might be better balanced right now if we doubled Stormstrike's chance to proc Stormbringer (I assume this means L75 and/or L100), that's something to look into if needed. But similarly, it's not a good reason to make a change that has other ramifications longer-term. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blizzard at gamescom 2017
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Blizzard will be heading back to Cologne, Germany this summer for gamescom 2017! We’ll be putting on our best show yet from August 22-26, with lots of exciting activities, esports, and entertainment—including our famous dance and cosplay competitions.

Of course, visitors to the Blizzard booth will also be able to get some hands-on play time with all our games: Diablo III, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, Overwatch, StarCraft II, and World of Warcraft.

We’ll reveal details on what we have in store for you as the event nears, and we look forward to seeing you at gamescom 2017!

DiabloFans - Build Tool Now Includes Necromancer and PTR Content
Check out DiabloFans for information on the Necromancer, now also including builds!



Overwatch - Double XP Weekend
Overwatch is having a double XP weekend from June 8 - 12!



FinalBossTV #142 - Blood Death Knights
FinalBossTV focused on Blood Death Knights this week!

This article was originally published in forum thread: Patch 7.2.5 Releases June 13th, Unholy Determination Removed, Blue Posts started by chaud View original post
Comments 23 Comments
  1. Chickat's Avatar
    I wonder if they will announce the next expansion at Gamescom again.
  1. xeddin's Avatar
    As a Christian and a feminist who did not participate in the slaughter of red dragons, I am glad they removed this feat of strength
  1. Darth Dracula's Avatar
    ...are you kidding me, I got that Unholy Determination Achieve last night now it's getting removed.

    Uggh. What next, removing all the other Feats of Strength because people can't get them now..

    It gave no achievement points so what is the fucking issue.
  1. Paula Deen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I wonder if they will announce the next expansion at Gamescom again.
    Judging by the date I think its either 7.3/7.3.5 or the expansion. Not both.

    If we are going based off time I think its really safe to say its the former.
  1. azarak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    ...are you kidding me, I got that Unholy Determination Achieve last night now it's getting removed.

    Uggh. What next, removing all the other Feats of Strength because people can't get them now..

    It gave no achievement points so what is the fucking issue.
    Because it was A. Something that you could only do once on one class and if you didn't know about it during the quest, you're fucked. And B. Something blizzard clearly said wasn't intended to be added (if you read literally any of the post).
  1. Darth Dracula's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by azarak View Post
    Because it was A. Something that you could only do once on one class and if you didn't know about it during the quest, you're fucked. And B. Something blizzard said wasn't intended to be added (if you read literally any of the post).
    I did read it, if it was never intended to be added.. then why was it added. and A. you are told by Bolvar you can let them live or slaughter them all. the FoS is a nice reward for people that give into being a DK.

    Either way, it's a shitty thing to remove.
  1. azarak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I did read it, if it was never intended to be added.. then why was it added. and A. you are told by Bolvar you can let them live or slaughter them all. the FoS is a nice reward for people that give into being a DK.

    Either way, it's a shitty thing to remove.
    I mean, if you didnt realize, blizzard makes a lot of mistakes haha. Likewise, just just going off what you said, it rewards no achievement points or any rewards and wasn't something hard to accomplish anyway. So what does it matter if they remove it?
  1. Chickat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Judging by the date I think its either 7.3/7.3.5 or the expansion. Not both.

    If we are going based off time I think its really safe to say its the former.
    We will see 7.3 on the ptr long before Gamescom. Potentially the interviews and stuff leading to the Septemberish release.
  1. Deix-EU's Avatar
    Enough of those discussions with shamans things, every patch day there is blue com with it. Where are "major changes" and discussions around other classes !?
  1. Fjordkeeper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    It gave no achievement points so what is the fucking issue.
    Lol same question to you:
    It rewards no title and no points, so why are you upset that they have taken it away?

    Reactions like this are the reason why blizzard doesn't listen to the community too often. No matter what they do, there is always someone nagging at even the most insignificant change they implement.

    Really disappointing.
  1. Phaty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deix-EU View Post
    Enough of those discussions with shamans things, every patch day there is blue com with it. Where are "major changes" and discussions around other classes !?
    The first few patch builds didn't even touch shaman and there were no blue post. What you are seeing is leaving shaman for last.
  1. Darth Dracula's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjordkeeper View Post
    Lol same question to you:
    It rewards no title and no points, so why are you upset that they have taken it away?

    Reactions like this are the reason why blizzard doesn't listen to the community too often. No matter what they do, there is always someone nagging at even the most insignificant change they implement.

    Really disappointing.
    Because if it is "insignificant" as you say, why bother removing it at all once it is already in?
  1. Zyrosis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Judging by the date I think its either 7.3/7.3.5 or the expansion. Not both.

    If we are going based off time I think its really safe to say its the former.
    Most likely won't be 7.3 because if the trend for this expansion continues we'll be seeing 7.3 on the PTR in less than a month. 7.1 hit PTR 2 weeks after the launch of Legion. 7.1.5 was just over 2 weeks after 7.1 which launched on Oct. 25th with the PTR for 7.1.5 starting Nov. 15. 7.2 began on the PTR on Jan 19th 7.1.5 went live Jan 10th, just over 1 week. So I'd expect 7.3 to hit the PTR before June is over.
  1. Fjordkeeper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Because if it is "insignificant" as you say, why bother removing it at all once it is already in?
    Same reason:
    Someone complained about it for whatever reason...

    I don't care if they are removing or implementing it. I simply find it silly that some people actually complain about something silly like that...

    I wouldn't even care if the feat was an actual achievement that rewarded 100 points + 50m artifact power and 8k gold.
  1. Tupolew519's Avatar
    just we waint to travel to argus in the near future.
  1. Bennett's Avatar
    This whole Unholy Determination thing is proof that some people on MMOchamp will get angry over literally anything
  1. Nairesha's Avatar
    So Raid one week later?
  1. Jasper Kazai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairesha View Post
    So Raid one week later?
    Yes. Tomb was confirmed for June 20th over a week ago.
  1. panos20's Avatar
    They can take away my achievement, but they can't take away my screenshot!

    http://imgur.com/gallery/qkyAK

  1. davidbane123's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xeddin View Post
    As a Christian and a feminist who did not participate in the slaughter of red dragons, I am glad they removed this feat of strength
    Feminist really... give me a break its a game....

Site Navigation