Additional Tuning for Patch 7.2.5 Release
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
As Patch 7.2.5 approaches release, we wanted to let you know that there are a number of tuning hotfixes in the works which we plan to apply either with or shortly after Patch 7.2.5 in each region. Many of these changes will be focused on PvP (and we shared the majority of them on Friday), but there will also be adjustments to a few Nighthold raid mechanics, and an initial set of buffs to a few underperforming specs.

Note: We’re planning another round of class tuning for later in the week once we have more data from live realms; these are merely a first pass. Additionally, we plan to partially reduce the 7.2.5 nerf to Draught of Souls for Fury Warriors.

We’ll share full details on all of these changes as soon as possible.

Blue Posts
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Shaman (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
7.2.5 Enhancement Class Discussion
We talked about it more and decided to let Stormstrike and Windstrike offhand attacks proc Stormbringer for now.

The thinking above is still true, and something we want to keep an eye on, but the changes already in place mean the numbers are quite different from the 7.0 version. In 7.0, if you had e.g. a 10% chance to proc from Stormstrike (main hand only), and 0% from Lava Lash and Boulderfist (and the procs were worth double due to Tempest), there was a huge swing in proc chance between using 3 Stormstrikes and using 3 other buttons. In 7.2.5, you may have 8% from the Lava Lash and Rockbiter, and 16% from the Stormstrike, and the a proc causes you to replace 2 other buttons with 2 Stormstrikes. The swing is much smaller now.

Because the 7.2.5 changes would already reduce the streakiness of Stormbringer procs (and because allowing offhands to proc is slightly more consistent with the tooltips), we'll let that play out on live and inform whether we need to make future changes to mitigate that streakiness further. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
This article was originally published in forum thread: Additional Tuning for Patch 7.2.5 Release started by chaud View original post
Comments 59 Comments
  1. grexly75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrosis View Post
    It's also fun seeing people act like you do acting like the DH community is crying because of a nerf, when, if you actually knew anything, you'd realize DHs didn't actually receive a nerf. The issue is Havoc was promised major changes at the beginning of the patch cycle, we got a change that was a huge quality of life improvement, didn't really buff or nerf DPS, just removed a layer of RNG. Then, less than one week before the patch is set to go live, they revert it. They never once communicated anything in regards to plans for DH through the whole patch cycle that, again, was promised to have "Major Changes" and all that happened was 2 minor changes to 2 talents and a legendary nerf.

    All the DH community is asking at this point is some god damned communication. Anything at all.
    With how your post is worded and some others are worded you wonder why there is little communication from Blizz..
  1. Zephre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    The sheer audacity they have. STILL ignoring demon hunters and responding to others. God their behaviour is disgusting.
    Remove your head from your posterior, WW monks deserve a right to complain they've had numerous threads ignored for numerous builds across this expansion. You choose to play the flavour of the expansion class knowing full well you'd likely experience a roller coaster of changes both good and bad, just as DKs did in WOTLK.
  1. Balager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    Remove your head from your posterior, WW monks deserve a right to complain they've had numerous threads ignored for numerous builds across this expansion. You choose to play the flavour of the expansion class knowing full well you'd likely experience a roller coaster of changes both good and bad, just as DKs did in WOTLK.
    Yeah how dare he play the class he wants. If it sucks it's his damn fault, and definitely not Blizzard's.
  1. Tiase's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    Remove your head from your posterior, WW monks deserve a right to complain they've had numerous threads ignored for numerous builds across this expansion. You choose to play the flavour of the expansion class knowing full well you'd likely experience a roller coaster of changes both good and bad, just as DKs did in WOTLK.
    Did someone piss in your cereal this morning or something?
    When did I even mention ww monks? When did I say ww monks can't complain either and who the hell says that only one class has the right to complain?
    I don't know what your problem is but you definitely need to stop attacking other people unprovoked = /
  1. Devilyaki's Avatar
    Hunters get their third spec back yet?
  1. victorvndoom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Additional Tuning for Patch 7.2.5 Release
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    As Patch 7.2.5 approaches release, we wanted to let you know that there are a number of tuning hotfixes in the works which we plan to apply either with or shortly after Patch 7.2.5 in each region. Many of these changes will be focused on PvP (and we shared the majority of them on Friday), but there will also be adjustments to a few Nighthold raid mechanics, and an initial set of buffs to a few underperforming specs.

    Note: We’re planning another round of class tuning for later in the week once we have more data from live realms; these are merely a first pass. Additionally, we plan to partially reduce the 7.2.5 nerf to Draught of Souls for Fury Warriors.

    We’ll share full details on all of these changes as soon as possible.

    Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shaman (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    7.2.5 Enhancement Class Discussion
    We talked about it more and decided to let Stormstrike and Windstrike offhand attacks proc Stormbringer for now.

    The thinking above is still true, and something we want to keep an eye on, but the changes already in place mean the numbers are quite different from the 7.0 version. In 7.0, if you had e.g. a 10% chance to proc from Stormstrike (main hand only), and 0% from Lava Lash and Boulderfist (and the procs were worth double due to Tempest), there was a huge swing in proc chance between using 3 Stormstrikes and using 3 other buttons. In 7.2.5, you may have 8% from the Lava Lash and Rockbiter, and 16% from the Stormstrike, and the a proc causes you to replace 2 other buttons with 2 Stormstrikes. The swing is much smaller now.

    Because the 7.2.5 changes would already reduce the streakiness of Stormbringer procs (and because allowing offhands to proc is slightly more consistent with the tooltips), we'll let that play out on live and inform whether we need to make future changes to mitigate that streakiness further. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    oh boy another warlock nerf ;D
  1. Zephre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Yeah how dare he play the class he wants. If it sucks it's his damn fault, and definitely not Blizzard's.
    Cute, sarcasm. He should know full well Blizzard suck at balancing especially when it comes to new classes, like with DKs. Anyone maining a DH should of known this before picking one, it's the whole reason I didn't want to play one, the roller coaster will persist for the rest of this expansion until they figure out exactly where they want DHs to be.

    Is that his fault? No, not entirely, but he should of had some foresight if he wanted to play a top DPS class.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    Did someone piss in your cereal this morning or something?
    When did I even mention ww monks? When did I say ww monks can't complain either and who the hell says that only one class has the right to complain?
    I don't know what your problem is but you definitely need to stop attacking other people unprovoked = /
    I used WW Monks as an example of a class that's been ignored more than Demon Hunters, read your initial post, you act as if only DHs are hard done by and that's not true at all, if you're an example of the DH community then I'm honestly not surprised they've been ignoring DHs.
  1. Balager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    Cute, sarcasm. He should know full well Blizzard suck at balancing especially when it comes to new classes, like with DKs. Anyone maining a DH should of known this before picking one, it's the whole reason I didn't want to play one, the roller coaster will persist for the rest of this expansion until they figure out exactly where they want DHs to be. Is that his fault? No, but he should of had some foresight if he wanted to play a top DPS class.
    I don't think DPS has anything to do with it. DH was simply requested for years and now it is available. Maybe he should have known that Blizzard sucks at balancing, but making a class fun is not a question of balance. It's about how your abilities interact with each other. See, the thing is, if you dont PVP and dont do hardcore raiding, balance isn't that important. But a class being boring to play can leave a sour taste in your mouth.
  1. taelon's Avatar
    Theirs hope for fire mages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrosis View Post
    It's also fun seeing people act like you do acting like the DH community is crying because of a nerf, when, if you actually knew anything, you'd realize DHs didn't actually receive a nerf. The issue is Havoc was promised major changes at the beginning of the patch cycle, we got a change that was a huge quality of life improvement, didn't really buff or nerf DPS, just removed a layer of RNG. Then, less than one week before the patch is set to go live, they revert it. They never once communicated anything in regards to plans for DH through the whole patch cycle that, again, was promised to have "Major Changes" and all that happened was 2 minor changes to 2 talents and a legendary nerf.

    All the DH community is asking at this point is some god damned communication. Anything at all.
    This seems fair, but without context I assume it's just about dps. And I do feel like DH are more likly to make something big out of something.
  1. Lutharr the Dead n Damned's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The7 View Post
    Warriors' dicks must taste really good, huh blizzard?
    Probably because we aint so salty.
  1. faketan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutharr the Dead n Damned View Post
    Probably because we aint so salty.
    What you got to be salty about?
  1. Lutharr the Dead n Damned's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by faketan View Post
    What you got to be salty about?
    it was a mere joke.

    Either laugh or ignore.
  1. coprax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    I'll cry you a river so big you'll drawn in it. Get your head out of your own ass please and know what you're talking about before coming across like an ass. We're not asking for a buff. Hell, the change would be result in a very small nerf but would make the rotation that much more tolerable as the fury generation would become smoother.
    Demon hunters already have 4 layers of RNG to their rotation, asking for a bit more stable rotation shouldn't kill anyone. If you're so offended that we want some QoL changes then I'm oh so terribly sorry that I offended you.
    This post is about shamans (and a bit about warriors), why are you discussing demon hunters right now? I don't get it.
  1. Interim's Avatar
    Goes to show - money can't buy everything. There is a healthy drop off point.
  1. Scroolooseuk's Avatar
    Random 7.2.5 question - Will there be a cinematic for Kil'jaeden's death?
  1. Hollowlithic's Avatar
    No melee player should even fucking complain when all you do in raids is tunnel the boss while ranged deal with mechanics.
  1. Dracullus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scroolooseuk View Post
    Random 7.2.5 question - Will there be a cinematic for Kil'jaeden's death?
    Yes, some time ago still shot was leaked.
  1. Dyra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by victorvndoom View Post
    oh boy another warlock nerf ;D
    Calling it now. Across the board max 5% nerf to Aff. Couple of minor tweaks to Destro. 1-2% buffs to specific spells. Demo left untouched.
  1. Iettlopp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sinddk View Post
    I bet firemages will get blastwave dmg increased by 4% and thats it.

    Mark my words.
    4%?!?!?! maybe 2%, you are being to nice.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hollowlithic View Post
    No melee player should even fucking complain when all you do in raids is tunnel the boss while ranged deal with mechanics.
    as if melee hasnt done that for years when range could just tunnel boss.
  1. Seditian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollowlithic View Post
    No melee player should even fucking complain when all you do in raids is tunnel the boss while ranged deal with mechanics.
    Started raiding in Nighthold, I see.

Site Navigation