Season 11 Ends Oct 20th, Season 12 Starts November 9th

Interview with our Expansion Creation Competition Winner - Servitors of the Loa

Armory Stats - Patch 7.3 Achievements
Today we are taking a look at the number of players that have earned some of the new achievements in Patch 7.3. This data sample contains 1.8 million US and EU players active in the last month.

Don't see a chart? Enable javascript!

Don't see a chart? Enable javascript!

Blue Tweets
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Are the tool tips for crouch on the argus rare pet battles just wrong - they block 100% of damage not 50%
This is working as intended, the 50% reduction of Crouch and Boss stack. (Muffinus)

Overwatch: Anthology Volume 1
Overwatch: Anthology Volume 1 releases on October 10!



Dark Legacy Comics #602 - The Simple Things
DLC #602 has been released!

This article was originally published in forum thread: Armory Stats - Patch 7.3 Achievements, Blue Tweets, Overwatch: Anthology, DLC #602 started by chaud View original post
Comments 70 Comments
  1. MrLoque's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    DLC has always drawn characters alts to look the same as the character themselves.
    Come on let's go down the rabbit hole!

    This DLC shows the following things:

    1. A toon called Krom, be it a main or an alt (it doesn't matter)
    2. Krom's friends list who are raiding (so he has friends, he's not a "fresh" alt)
    3. Krom's status set to "offline"
    4. Krom "happy" to be invisible and free to go fishing instead of raiding

    Which implie that:

    a. Krom thinks he's invisible to his raiding friends
    b. Krom's raiding friends can't see him and don't suspect he's online

    But we also know that...:

    I. "Offline mode" doesn't hide Krom from his friends/guildies
    II. Everyone knows Krom is online
    III. Krom is happy about something that makes no sense

    Call me dumb but I don't see the "fun factor" in this comic . To each its own!
  1. Jester Joe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLoque View Post
    Come on let's go down the rabbit hole!

    This DLC shows the following things:

    1. A toon called Krom, be it a main or an alt (it doesn't matter)
    2. Krom's friends list who are raiding (so he has friends, he's not a "fresh" alt)
    3. Krom's status set to "offline"
    4. Krom "happy" to be invisible and free to go fishing instead of raiding

    Which implie that:

    a. Krom thinks he's invisible to his raiding friends
    b. Krom's raiding friends can't see him and don't suspect he's online

    But we also know that...:

    I. "Offline mode" doesn't hide Krom from his friends/guildies
    II. Everyone knows Krom is online
    III. Krom is happy about something that makes no sense

    Call me dumb but I don't see the "fun factor" in this comic . To each its own!
    Krom is the battletag, not the actual character name in this case. Hence, it's in the battletag location on the menu. Makes sense to keep the battletag the same as the character's name in the comic, otherwise we'd have no way to telling and it would kill the joke.

    Clearly, he is invisible to his friends, since one even has it as their status "where's Krom". Also, not sure where you're getting "Krom's friends list who are raiding (so he has friends, he's not a "fresh" alt)" from, since yet again, battletag. I could go make a level 1 horde toon while my alliance guild is raiding and I'll still see them raiding on my friends list.

    And whether or not it's an alt does matter, since if said alt wasn't in the guild, they wouldn't know he was on at all. Either way, even if it's a main, this sounds as nitpicky as going "It's not funny when DLC has comics that have Velen and Illidan talking about simming dps"
  1. Dystemper's Avatar
    From what you can see from the achievements , after the initial Argus quests, people are not really bothering with it. Think its safe to say Argus is a failure
  1. Ryken's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    And whether or not it's an alt does matter, since if said alt wasn't in the guild, they wouldn't know he was on at all. Either way, even if it's a main, this sounds as nitpicky as going "It's not funny when DLC has comics that have Velen and Illidan talking about simming dps"
    You say its getting to deep for a silly comic right? That's the thing with it, its a surface level comic, trying to cash in on the "offline relax no more pesky guildies mode" reaction when its not that simple for WoW. For the comic to make any sense, you'd have to understand the only way of doing this is to be on an alt that you've never been on before, otherwise people would know its you. You said it yourself, you have to think about the comic and make reasons for it to make sense, which is too silly to do for the comic.

    So you can agree the aim of the comic was to get people on board with the whole appear offline being useful etc, when in reality for WoW is it isn't at all. For it to be remotely useful, you'd need to never log in that toon while appearing online... not to mention the sites out there that find and lists alts based on armory data. Appear offline isn't useful to raid dodge and the comic doesn't make sense unless you go around making excuses for it. And then when people make excuses that go against it, makes it too deep for ya... yeah...
  1. Hath's Avatar
    Only 1.8m active acc in both regions? dang.. I kinda understand why blizzard isnt throwing information about their numbers lately then..

    As for the achievements yeah.. expected argus is there but not the 90% of the patch aka the raid. Argus isnt that much of a fun doing the 5k kill demons and after that it's the same grindfest.
  1. nyc81991's Avatar
    Argus is a huge failure. WoW is in huge trouble if this goes on for another year or more.
  1. Ophenia's Avatar
    Well, I personally am not farming toward the 5k demons achievement. It is required for the meta, but you won't be able to get it without Antorus anyway, and as long as you're doing dailies in Argus, the killcount will progress.

    Regarding the treasures one, I'm one chest away from it. You know, this damn chest that simply isn't appearing (on the flying rock north of Antoran wastelands). I'm going there daily, pirating auto-invite groups to get phased to a new server, I never got to see it.
  1. MrLoque's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Krom is the battletag, not the actual character name in this case. Hence, it's in the battletag location on the menu. Makes sense to keep the battletag the same as the character's name in the comic, otherwise we'd have no way to telling and it would kill the joke.
    Hmmmm ok so let's recap:

    1. the friends list shown in the comic is the player's battle.net list
    2. the player is offline on battle.net (nobody sees him)
    3. the player is ingame with an alt that has no ingame friends (nobody sees him)

    So the player "Krom" is offline outside WoW and is currently playing an alt with no friends so he can stay invisible/anonymous.

    Correct? It makes sense. But damn it took mre some time to get it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryken View Post
    Appear offline isn't useful to raid dodge
    In this specific case Krom (player's Battletag) logged into Battle.Net while offline. Nobody knows hes' actually online. He then plays a random alt with no friends and goes fishing. This specific scenario... works fine. But it seems way too specific/annoying to be useful: "Let's go offline and play a randon anonymous alt with no friends so my guild and real friends don't know I'm here".
  1. jaymzkerten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Well, I personally am not farming toward the 5k demons achievement. It is required for the meta, but you won't be able to get it without Antorus anyway, and as long as you're doing dailies in Argus, the killcount will progress.

    Regarding the treasures one, I'm one chest away from it. You know, this damn chest that simply isn't appearing (on the flying rock north of Antoran wastelands). I'm going there daily, pirating auto-invite groups to get phased to a new server, I never got to see it.
    Pretty sure that's the one that got moved to behind a fel lava fall in the SW corner of the zone.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hath View Post
    Only 1.8m active acc in both regions? dang.. I kinda understand why blizzard isnt throwing information about their numbers lately then..

    As for the achievements yeah.. expected argus is there but not the 90% of the patch aka the raid. Argus isnt that much of a fun doing the 5k kill demons and after that it's the same grindfest.
    Pretty sure MMO-C has never done one of these graphs based on the entirety of active accounts, notice at the top it says "data sample".
  1. therayeffect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post

    Pretty sure MMO-C has never done one of these graphs based on the entirety of active accounts, notice at the top it says "data sample".
    Yes but you're giving too much value to the word 'sample'. This is a sample of the overall playerbase of the two regions, of which they took a 'sample' which involved the active max-level characters. 1.8M total for both regions is terrible. EU normally has more players than NA so that means NA is very likely under 1M active max-level accounts. As much as I'd like to hope failing subscribers would change Blizzard's design goals and we'd get a great MMO, it won't happen. The more likely outcome will be that they'll simply stop trying to make a good MMO and we'll just continue with the mediocre (or worse) status we've generally had for awhile. I'm in the process of quitting raiding (at least) myself although it's more for the amount of work I have to do. Personally, I'm still bummed they broke mods. The creativity and complexity in this game is pretty much gone as well and it feels like everything has become a mechanical process.

Site Navigation