Antorus: The Burning Throne Raid Release Schedule
The Antorus raid schedule has been released! You can visit our encounter journal and view the tier 21 armor sets for more information on what to expect in the raid.


Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Antorus Raid Release Schedule
It’s been an epic few days for World of Warcraft, including the announcement of the Battle for Azeroth expansion at BlizzCon, but there’s one more announcement we didn’t get to: when you’ll be able to enter Antorus, the Burning Throne.

We’ve now finalized the upcoming raid’s release schedule and are pleased to share it with you today!

Antorus, the Burning Throne Release Schedule:
  • November 28: Normal and Heroic difficulties
  • December 5: Mythic difficulty and Raid Finder wing 1
  • December 19: Raid Finder wing 2
  • January 2: Raid Finder wing 3
  • January 16: Raid Finder wing 4

Additionally, Legion PvP Season 5 will end and Season 6 will begin the same day that Antorus opens on Normal and Heroic difficulty (November 28).

Good luck!
This article was originally published in forum thread: Antorus Raid Release Schedule started by Stoy View original post
Comments 75 Comments
  1. Nerraw's Avatar
    Can't wait to see things get stabby.
  1. Danare's Avatar
    Finally... Can't wait to see the cinematic!
  1. Plehnard's Avatar
    So will Mythic Dungeons grand loot beyond 10+ at the 28. of November as well?
  1. Occar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    So will Mythic Dungeons grand loot beyond 10+ at the 28. of November as well?
    Based on the previous times this has happened, I would expect that you can complete up to a 15 on that week for a new scale item in the cache on the following week, and then that same week (week of the 5th) the higher level drops from the dungeons themselves will open up.
  1. huehuehue's Avatar
    has LFR always released two weeks apart? seems longer.
  1. Guzzed's Avatar
    Hope that cinematic leaks soon
  1. Aux's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    has LFR always released two weeks apart? seems longer.
    Yeah always two weeks.
  1. Dracullus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    has LFR always released two weeks apart? seems longer.
    At least since Blackrock Foundry. It would be longer if Wing 2 would release 12th December, because Christmas are 2 weeks later. Maybe they even build schedule around Christmas this time (so we don't have gap longer than 2 weeks).

    Btw, anyone expect thread from that guy again, where he bitch about LFR gating? You know what I'm talking about. ;P
  1. Otiswhitaker's Avatar
    I guess I'll be resubbing around the 16th of January then.

    (I know it'd be evil, but if I were Blizzard, I wouldn't say the LFR schedule so early. I probably wouldn't say it at all. It pretty assures that people like me will just wait until it's all out to resub)
  1. javierdsv's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I guess I'll be resubbing around the 16th of January then.

    (I know it'd be evil, but if I were Blizzard, I wouldn't say the LFR schedule so early. I probably wouldn't say it at all. It pretty assures that people like me will just wait until it's all out to resub)
    I'm with you there. Probably resubbing after January 16th after reading this.
  1. gHouLwiNg's Avatar
    Best of luck Method.
  1. lyphe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I guess I'll be resubbing around the 16th of January then.

    (I know it'd be evil, but if I were Blizzard, I wouldn't say the LFR schedule so early. I probably wouldn't say it at all. It pretty assures that people like me will just wait until it's all out to resub)
    Nothing else you enjoy in the game besides lfr?

    Seems odd to only resub once the full lfr is out. Does that mean you resub ... run lfr in full ... and then immediately unsub again at the end of the day after completing it? I ask this since your behavior suggests that your only interest is in 'seeing' lfr. Obviously the gear holds no interest for you as it is only useful if you are running other content in the game, which I'm guessing you don't since you'll only resub when a new and full lfr is available.

    Very confusing and I'm curious.
  1. Niroshi's Avatar
    I've forgotten at this point, but does the PvP ensemble go up on the vendor after season 5 or 6?
  1. Otiswhitaker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Nothing else you enjoy in the game besides lfr?

    Seems odd to only resub once the full lfr is out. Does that mean you resub ... run lfr in full ... and then immediately unsub again at the end of the day after completing it? I ask this since your behavior suggests that your only interest is in 'seeing' lfr. Obviously the gear holds no interest for you as it is only useful if you are running other content in the game, which I'm guessing you don't since you'll only resub when a new and full lfr is available.

    Very confusing and I'm curious.
    That's not "all I enjoy", I enjoy leveling, and I enjoy doing new content. It's not like there's going to be a bevy of new content otherwise coming out. If there was, I'd resub. I resubbed when the new hub and dungeon came out too. Then I let it lapse once I finished the storylines and did the dungeon.

    That's what I do. I sub when there's new content added, then I stop subbing once I've finished it to a level in which I'm happy with. If there was no LFR, I'd just resub long enough to do new dungeons and new hubs/storylines, then lapse until there's more.

    (I have no interest in PVP)

    Like, if I resubbed right now, all I'd have to do is repeating content I've already done or doing content, like mythics, which I don't want to do.

    Oh, or level alts, which Legion turned me off of doing until recently. I've leveled a few (I think I have 3 or 4 at 110, though I do have a character of every class at at least 100). Frankly, that's just not mega appealing either.
  1. Keyblader's Avatar
    Wait, is this the last raid tier of the expac? And if so, no Sargeras? I stopped playing around the first raid tier, but I loosely follow the expac. If it is the last, are they just hanging on to Sargeras, so later on they can have another legion expac where you actually fight him?
  1. ct67's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    I'm with you there. Probably resubbing after January 16th after reading this.
    Given the delay, I'm tempted to wrap things up for now and see how things are looking a little ahead of the next pre-patch.

    LFR only takes a week and, unless my guild somehow magically resurrects itself, that's all I expect to be doing.
  1. meroko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    Wait, is this the last raid tier of the expac? And if so, no Sargeras? I stopped playing around the first raid tier, but I loosely follow the expac. If it is the last, are they just hanging on to Sargeras, so later on they can have another legion expac where you actually fight him?
    We deal with Sargeras in the last encounter. You will see what happens to him, or you can just look up spoilers.
  1. ct67's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Nothing else you enjoy in the game besides lfr?

    Seems odd to only resub once the full lfr is out. Does that mean you resub ... run lfr in full ... and then immediately unsub again at the end of the day after completing it? I ask this since your behavior suggests that your only interest is in 'seeing' lfr. Obviously the gear holds no interest for you as it is only useful if you are running other content in the game, which I'm guessing you don't since you'll only resub when a new and full lfr is available.

    Very confusing and I'm curious.
    I've not done this before but I have some sympathy with it and may go with it in future.

    The big difference with LFR is you usually to complete it the first time you run it. Some of the bosses might need a few stacks of determination when people are new, don't have great gear or know the bosses. This usually means clear the new LFR wing the day it's released and then wait another 14 days for the next wing. That's not so bad if you have other content to do but, as far as I'm aware, we are pretty much done with content now, aside from the raid, until the pre-patch.

    You mention gear but I already have a higher average gear level than LFR will drop, and I just run world content. Sure you can go for set bonuses but in general you already have all the gear you need for any content short of heroic raiding/mythics. If you run this stuff already I'd expect you to already out gear LFR rewards.

    This is all really to say that I would expect for most people that LFR is just tourist mode, so I don't find it surprising.

    But there will always some people who actually want to farm LFR for the gear or just to get a leg up to the next stage, but I would expect serious raiders to out gear the next tier LFR before it's even released.
  1. xenogear3's Avatar
    2 weeks apart for LFR.

    LFR is dead !
  1. lyphe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    That's not "all I enjoy", I enjoy leveling, and I enjoy doing new content. It's not like there's going to be a bevy of new content otherwise coming out. If there was, I'd resub. I resubbed when the new hub and dungeon came out too. Then I let it lapse once I finished the storylines and did the dungeon.

    That's what I do. I sub when there's new content added, then I stop subbing once I've finished it to a level in which I'm happy with. If there was no LFR, I'd just resub long enough to do new dungeons and new hubs/storylines, then lapse until there's more.

    (I have no interest in PVP)

    Like, if I resubbed right now, all I'd have to do is repeating content I've already done or doing content, like mythics, which I don't want to do.

    Oh, or level alts, which Legion turned me off of doing until recently. I've leveled a few (I think I have 3 or 4 at 110, though I do have a character of every class at at least 100). Frankly, that's just not mega appealing either.
    Good answer and thanks for answering - cheers!

Site Navigation