Antorus: The Burning Throne Raid Release Schedule
The Antorus raid schedule has been released! You can visit our encounter journal and view the tier 21 armor sets for more information on what to expect in the raid.


Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Antorus Raid Release Schedule
It’s been an epic few days for World of Warcraft, including the announcement of the Battle for Azeroth expansion at BlizzCon, but there’s one more announcement we didn’t get to: when you’ll be able to enter Antorus, the Burning Throne.

We’ve now finalized the upcoming raid’s release schedule and are pleased to share it with you today!

Antorus, the Burning Throne Release Schedule:
  • November 28: Normal and Heroic difficulties
  • December 5: Mythic difficulty and Raid Finder wing 1
  • December 19: Raid Finder wing 2
  • January 2: Raid Finder wing 3
  • January 16: Raid Finder wing 4

Additionally, Legion PvP Season 5 will end and Season 6 will begin the same day that Antorus opens on Normal and Heroic difficulty (November 28).

Good luck!
This article was originally published in forum thread: Antorus Raid Release Schedule started by Stoy View original post
Comments 75 Comments
  1. kamuimac's Avatar
    once again lfr players are screwed by greedy blizzard even though they are the ones paying majority of fee for content beling locked out of it for month

    no wonder blizzard is barely scrapiing any subs and have to release classis to milk some more cash from players.
  1. Cavox's Avatar
    Who plays LFR seriously?

    I wish they'd remove it permanently, so these "raiders" have to actually go and do normals, which are piss-easy to begin with, but can't just afk bosses.
  1. CptEgo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    once again lfr players are screwed by greedy blizzard even though they are the ones paying majority of fee for content beling locked out of it for month

    no wonder blizzard is barely scrapiing any subs and have to release classis to milk some more cash from players.
    LFR players, thats hilarious. LFR is free loot, no brains my man. That's why it's delayed.
  1. Eleccybubb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    Who plays LFR seriously?

    I wish they'd remove it permanently, so these "raiders" have to actually go and do normals, which are piss-easy to begin with, but can't just afk bosses.
    Well according to Blizzard the majority do and it justifies the raiding development scene.

    Why do you want something removed that you don't have to do? Why or how does it affect you that someone is getting considerably lower item level gear?

    I'll answer that for you. It doesn't. And thankfully you aren't designing the game because you would end up alienating a lot of players by removing something that is completely optional to you.

    According to past dev interviews they stated they want LFR to be just under Normal and KJ was kind of a test when it launched because that had quite a few wipes.
  1. Cavox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Why do you want something removed that you don't have to do? Why or how does it affect you that someone is getting considerably lower item level gear?
    OH BOY WHERE DO I START

    It's steadily killing raiding guilds since the day it was created. I've personally known a lot of players who came back to WoW, leveled up to [max_level] and did an LFR or two, then got bored and quit again.

    You need motivation to raid, LFR is the most demotivating tool I've ever seen. TBC, vanilla and WotLK were great, because seeing a boss was a reward in itself, not a themepark raid you can literally AFK through.
    Is it a coincidence that LFR came out at the same time WoW's population started a dive which hasn't stopped since (Cata)? I think not!

    And of course the statistics will show that people attend LFR raids. Who wouldn't if there's a chance for legendary items, a way to do without ANY effort your weekly raid quests and get some low level tier sets? The problem is that the "here's a raid and 10 difficulty levels - enjoy!" is a shitty approach, which has been discouraging people who might've been real riders if given a chance and some challenge.
    Now WoW became a single-player MMO where you queue do to dungeons, queue to do raids, queue to do pvp not moving an inch from [your_faction's_capital]. But that's another story for another time.
  1. Eleccybubb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    OH BOY WHERE DO I START

    It's steadily killing raiding guilds since the day it was created. I've personally knew a lot of players who came back to WoW, leveled up to [max_level] and did an LFR or two, then got bored and quit again.

    You need motivation to raid, LFR is the most demotivating tool I've ever seen. TBC, vanilla and WotLK were great, because seeing a boss was a reward in itself, not a themepark raid you can literally AFK through.
    Is it a coincidence that LFR came out at the same time WoW's population started a dive which hasn't stopped since (Cata)? I think not!

    And of course the statistics will show that people attend LFR raids. Who wouldn't if there's a chance for legendary items, a way to do without ANY effort your weekly raid quests and get some low level tier sets? The problem is that the "here's a raid and 10 difficulty levels - enjoy!" is a shitty approach, which has been discouraging people who might've been real riders if given a chance and some challenge.
    Then go play Vanilla when it's out. That's what it will be there for if you believe that it was a much better time for raiding. Although if I recall the devs stated that not enough people were seeing the raids hence LFR.

    Right now your statement of LFR should be removed is bordering on arrogance at best.

    So because you know a few players that = majority? Yeah no that's not how it works.

    Ah yes the usual "let's correlate sub loss to LFR directly" argument. Because I haven't heard that one for the 100 billionth time on this site.

    Luckily the devs do not agree with your statement otherwise it would be gone by now. They stated time and time again that without LFR they would not be dedicating as much resources to raiding.

    If you don't like LFR don't do it. Simple as that. You are not forced at all. There are plenty of other methods to obtain Legendaries. Oh and the raid quest works off what difficulty you've done. If you only do Normal you will never see a Heroic chest mission for example.
  1. Cavox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Then go play Vanilla when it's out. That's what it will be there for.
    I don't want to play Vanilla, because it was shit - yes, I used to play it back in the days. Give me TBC or WotLK servers and I'll seriously consider it.


    You literally gave me the "umm... yeah, that's like, your opinion man". I gave you arguments and all you gave me it's "think of the chiiiiildren" stupid shit. People like you are why the WoW's on the decline for so many years.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    If you don't like LFR don't do it. Simple as that. You are not forced at all.
    Which part of "it's bad for everyone" did you not understand from my post?
  1. Eleccybubb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I don't want to play Vanilla, because it was shit - yes, I used to play it back in the days. Give me TBC or WotLK servers and I'll seriously consider it.


    You literally gave me the "umm... yeah, that's like, your opinion man". I gave you arguments and all you gave me it's "think of the chiiiiildren" stupid shit. People like you are why the WoW's on the decline for so many years.



    Which part of "it's bad for everyone" did you not understand from my post?
    I debated your points. If you cannot handle that then maybe you should not be on an online forum rather than trying to play the "think of the children" card.

    The fact is LFR is the reason raiding gets the development time it does. Another fact is that you do not have to do it if you don't want to. Nobody is making you.

    Your opinion is that it is bad for the game. You are of the opinion that a completely optional mode has somehow affected your experience. No what has happened is that because a few people you know only do LFR you think that the majority don't progress. You are basing a majority experience off of your experience with a few people you know.

    And again it seems to be only bad for you here. You really seem to care that someone gets to see an easier version of the raid in which you do not have to participate in. I told you there are plenty of sources other than LFR besides Legendaries. So no you don't have to run LFR at all.
  1. Cavox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I debated your points. If you cannot handle that then maybe you should not be on an online forum rather than trying to play the "think of the children" card.

    The fact is LFR is the reason raiding gets the development. Another fact is that it has zero effect on you and it's your own issue. Another fact is that you do not have to do it if you don't want to. Nobody is making you.

    And again it seems to be only bad for you here. You really seem to care that someone gets to see an easier version of the raid in which you do not have to participate in. I told you there are plenty of sources other than LFR besides Legendaries. So no you don't have to run LFR at all.
    Thinking raids wouldn't get developed as much without LFR is stupid and you should feel stupid. Post source if you would be so kind, because it's some kind of gold-medal tier of mental gymnastics.
    You've either not read my posts or are retarded. I'll leave it with that.
  1. Jasperline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I don't want to play Vanilla, because it was shit - yes, I used to play it back in the days. Give me TBC or WotLK servers and I'll seriously consider it.


    You literally gave me the "umm... yeah, that's like, your opinion man". I gave you arguments and all you gave me it's "think of the chiiiiildren" stupid shit. People like you are why the WoW's on the decline for so many years.



    Which part of "it's bad for everyone" did you not understand from my post?
    WoW is on a decline because content changing, attitudes from people are changing and the people who liked TBC and so on, a lot are not subbed for varies reasons that are unimportant to your arguement. LFR is just another tool for people to use in the game. If people are bored and quitting because of LFR, the problem isn't LFR, it's the people coming back to play. You can't force entertainment and if they are bored because of LFR, there are other games or even other things in-game they can do. You can just ignore LFR (I do mainly) and play just fine. Most pugs "put in the effort" just fine.
  1. Eleccybubb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    Thinking raids wouldn't get developed as much without LFR is stupid and you should feel stupid. Post source if you would be so kinds, because it's some kind of gold-medal tier of mental gymnastics.
    You've either not read my posts or are retarded. I'll leave it with that.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ine-Blue-Posts

    LFR justifies the creation of more raid content when millions of players are able to see content. Only a few thousand people actually saw Kel'thuzad, but millions saw Deathwing. The reason Mists of Pandaria is starting with 18 bosses and adding larger raid tiers than we have had previously is because many players are going to see the raids through LFR.

    You were saying?

    So again. It's stated right there from an interview that LFR justifies the creation of more raid content aka more development resources put towards it.

    Where did I say they would barely be developed? I said it was LFR that justifies the amount of increased development raiding has had over the years.
  1. Cavox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasperline View Post
    WoW is on a decline because content changing, attitudes from people are changing and the people who liked TBC and so on, a lot are not subbed for varies reasons that are unimportant to your arguement. LFR is just another tool for people to use in the game. If people are bored and quitting because of LFR, the problem isn't LFR, it's the people coming back to play. You can't force entertainment and if they are bored because of LFR, there are other games or even other things in-game they can do. You can just ignore LFR (I do mainly) and play just fine. Most pugs "put in the effort" just fine.
    Why would anyone put any effort it something they might enjoy if they try (normal/hc raids) if you have an easy-mode version at the tip of your queue button? How hard is it to understand? I don't get it.

    "b-but it doesn't affect you, let the casuals play as they like". IT DOES AFFECT ME, THE GUILDS, THE COMMUNITY AND THE GAME ITSELF.
  1. The Black Widow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    Who plays LFR seriously?
    It's steadily killing raiding guilds since the day it was created.
    Sounds like a lot of people then.

    I wish they'd remove it permanently, so these "raiders" have to actually go and do normals, which are piss-easy to begin with, but can't just afk bosses.
    Perhaps instead of making comments to try shame and make people feel bad about doing something in a fucking game, You could approach the situation maturely, you know, like an adult. Instead of coming across as everything that's wrong with the community.

    It's simple, don't like it, don't do it. I do RBGS but don't call for normal bgs to be removed because it's fucking pointless. Let people do what they want, it's a game

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    Thinking raids wouldn't get developed as much without LFR is stupid and you should feel stupid. Post source if you would be so kind, because it's some kind of gold-medal tier of mental gymnastics.
    You've either not read my posts or are retarded. I'll leave it with that.
    Well aren't you just a bundle of fun. Would you mind sourcing that guilds are dying because of LFR? If people wanted to raid they would. This isn't the fault of LFR. It's that the game has been declining in subs since Cataclysm and the raids are bland as shit that no one wants to spend a year doing them. Obviously with less subscribers there's going to be less fucking guilds of all kinds lol
  1. Eleccybubb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    Why would anyone put any effort it something they might enjoy if they try (normal/hc raids) if you have an easy-mode version at the tip of your queue button? How hard is it to understand? I don't get it.

    "b-but it doesn't affect you, let the casuals play as they like". IT DOES AFFECT ME, THE GUILDS, THE COMMUNITY AND THE GAME ITSELF.
    Again it affecting a few of your friends shows no proof of it affecting a majority.

    And no it really doesn't affect you. Keep pretending it does though and somehow someone getting an 895 from KJ LFR is the end of the world as we know it.
  1. Cavox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ine-Blue-Posts
    You were saying?

    So again. It's stated right there from an interview that LFR justifies the creation of more raid content aka more development resources put towards it.
    I was saying it's mental gymnastics, but ok - you gave me source for that statement. It doesn't mean it's right. Of course Blizzard agrees with you and others defending LFR - that's what I'm disagreeing with. Blizzard isn't always right - just look at the state of world PvP, declining subs.

    And no, the game is old, but that's not the reason people are quiting it. It looks fine and could be 12M+ subs again if Blizzard stopped making a feel-good game for people who play 30 minutes a week and went back to the challenge they lost in WotLK.

    My point about LFR being bad still stands. You want to disagree? Fine.
  1. Eleccybubb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I was saying it's mental gymnastics, but ok - you gave me source for that statement. It doesn't mean it's right. Of course Blizzard agrees with you and others defending LFR - that's what I'm disagreeing with. Blizzard isn't always right - just look at the state of world PvP, declining subs.

    And no, the game is old, but that's not the reason people are quiting it. It looks fine and could be 12M+ subs again if Blizzard stopped making a feel-good game for people who play 30 minutes a week and went back to the challenge they lost in WotLK.

    My point about LFR being bad still stands. You want to disagree? Fine.
    Ah so you ask for a source, given a source and now it's suddenly not correct because of your own biased opinion towards LFR?

    Yeah it's clear there is no reasoning with you especially when you yourself asked for evidence on the matter.

    And no your point about LFR being bad is an OPINION. Not a fact.

    You are not forced into LFR and your anecdotal evidence of a few friends does not represent a majority.
  1. Cavox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Ah so you ask for a source, given a source and now it's suddenly not correct?
    That's not what I said. Go ahead and try again. This is why I'm telling you, that you're seeing my posts, but you're not READING them. You're like a feminist who hears a man just to find offensive words, but isn't thinking about the meaning of the words.
  1. Eleccybubb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    That's not what I said. Go ahead and try again.
    You are essentially dismissing a provided source because of your own vitriol for LFR.

    But thankfully you or I don't design the game and LFR is here to stay for those who want it. Because I wouldn't trust me or half this forum to armchair design the game at all.

    Which means when it's fully open I'm going to grab my 4 set and any minor upgrades and probably hit a Normal pug like I did with ToS.

    Although I'm not sure if those OP trinkets drop in LFR. Will probably try and snag one for alts but not going to put a huge time commitment on them since I don't really like that part of the effect doesn't work in outdoor content.
  1. The Black Widow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    And no, the game is old, but that's not the reason people are quiting it. It looks fine and could be 12M+ subs again if Blizzard stopped making a feel-good game for people who play 30 minutes a week and went back to the challenge they lost in WotLK.
    Cata was equally as challenging in the beginning and they lost 2mill subs BEFORE lfr came out. It's been on a steady downfall since then, you're just being silly and trying to blame it on LFR with absolutely no evidence at all.
  1. Cavox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    You are essentially dismissing a provided source because of your own vitriol for LFR.

    But thankfully you or I don't design the game and LFR is here to stay for those who want it.
    I'm saying that you were right - Blizzard employee said what you said he said (hue). I'm not dismissing the fact what he said. I'm saying he's talking out of his ass in my opinion.

    Have you ever met anyone who plays the game for LFR?
    I've met tons of people who play for mythic raids.

    And yes, it's anecdotal evidence again, but it builds my perspective on the game.

    Oh and are we ignoring the titanforging fact? Or are you saying you can't drop 920+ ilvl items from LFR? Because you can.

Site Navigation