With Blizzcon approaching, now is a good time to remind everyone of the Overwatch trademark that Blizzard filed for earlier this year. Three different applications for Overwatch have been filed so far:
- Trademark: Overwatch (April 1, 2014)
- Computer game software, computer game discs, downloadable computer game programs, computer game software downloadable from a global computer network, electronic games software for wireless devices, interactive multimedia computer game programs, mousepads, computer mouses, headsets for use with computers, computer keyboards
- Service mark: Overwatch (April 1, 2014)
- Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games; providing computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network.
- Trademark: Overwatch (October 24, 2014)
- Printed matter, namely, strategy guides, comic books, graphic novels, novels, framed art prints, art books, calendars, posters, notebooks, and stickers
- Clothing, footwear, and headgear, namely, caps, overcoats, costumes, Halloween costumes, hats, hooded sweatshirts, jackets, pajamas, socks, sweaters, and T-shirts
- Toys, games, and playthings, namely, action figures, collectible figures, board games, dolls, plush toys, statues, toy guns, and vinyl figures
Eye of Azshara Trademark
A trademark application for "Eye of Azshara" has appeared
in the EU Trademark database. If
this trademark is legitimate, it could be related to the next Hearthstone expansion. Our friends over at Hearthpwn have more details
Darkmoon Faire Updates
- Computer game software, computer game discs, downloadable computer game software, computer game software downloadable from a global computer network, interactive multimedia computer game program; downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs.
- Entertainment services;namely, providing on-line computer games; providing on-line non-downloadable computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network; providing on line news and information in the field of computer games.
The Darkmoon Faire is here once again, bringing some new features thanks to the Warlords of Draenor update.
Icy Veins has a complete guide
to the Faire. Be sure to buy any heirlooms you want while it is active, as the old Justice Points vendors are gone for now.
If you enjoy pet battles, pay Christoph VonFeasel
a visit to complete A New Darkmoon Challenger!
Several old items are now toys, such as Moonfang's loot
, the Darkmoon Whistle
, and the Flimsy Yellow Balloon
There are some new novelty items for sale by Chester
The most interesting addition is the Blazing Wings
. These are a set of cosmetic fiery wings that appear on your character. The one hour buff is granted by a toy that has a character specific one hour cooldown. This means you can have wings on your character constantly, as long as you don't die!
The wings are earned through the achievement Brood of Alysrazor
, which requires you to fly through 50 rings, similar to the rings that appear in the Alysrazor encounter in Firelands. This challenging part of this achievement is that the rings are shared by everyone and there are only slightly more than you need, so only one person can do the achievement at a time. It looks like this is unintended
though, so if you aren't in a hurry you can wait and see if a hotfix is coming soon.