Edriel's End-Game Suggestions, Saturday's Technical Issues
BlizzCon Americas Regional Finalists & Videos
Heroes Alpha Patch 32455 - Promotional Items, Anub'arak & Azmodan, New Mounts, New Skins, Hero Changes
Warlords of Draenor - The Iron Maidens
Today we are looking at one of the final encounters in Blackrock Foundry, The Iron Maidens.
| || Be Quick or Be Dead Defeat the Iron Maidens within 10 seconds of each other in Blackrock Foundry on Normal difficulty or higher. ||Draenor Raid|
Warlords of Draenor - Garrisons: Enchanter's Study
Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
The Iron Maidens
With little opportunity to exercise her tactical brilliance under the ancient social structure of the orc clans, Gar'an was thrilled to be one of the first warriors to volunteer for naval duty under the Iron Horde. Instantly successful in battle, she was named Admiral of the Iron Horde fleet and selected Marak and Sorka as her lieutenants. Together, they are called the Iron Maidens, and have crushed any who have dared face them in battle.
- Overview - The Iron Maidens periodically gain Iron Fury. As the Maidens gain Iron Fury, they gain new abilities. Periodically, one of the Maidens will move to bombard players from the Dreadnaught's main cannon. A team of players must use loading chains to get to the deck of the boat, defeat the Deckhand stationed there, and sabotage the ammunition of the main cannon before it finishes Warming Up. Whenever one of the Maidens reaches 20% health, they will all activate Iron Will. Players must then quickly defeat them before being overwhelmed.
- Damage Dealers -
- Blade Dash can be deadly - avoid standing close to other players if you are battling Sorka.
- Intercept Garan's Penetrating Shot to save the targeted player.
- Healers -
- Players who fail to avoid the Detonation Sequence from bombs fired by the Dreadnaught's main cannon will take heavy damage.
- While Sanguine Strikes, is active, the raid while take heavy Shadow damage.
- Ensure players targeted by Dark Hunt are not low on health when it expires.
- Tanks -
- Move between Marak and the target of her Blood Ritual to intercept the effect of Crystalized Blood.
- Minimize damage taken by Marak's melee strikes while Sanguine Strikes is active.
- Pursue Sorka or Marak when they board the Dreadnaught to bombard the docks.
- The Iron Maidens -
- Iron Will - The Iron Maidens are bound together with Iron Will - whenever any of them is critically low on health, they will all rise to 100 Iron Fury. Every 20 seconds thereafter their damage dealt will increase by 10%.
- Admiral Gar'an -
- Iron Shot - Admiral Gar'an fires a shot from her rifle at a random player, inflicting 50,050 Physical damage.
- Rapid Fire - Admiral Gar'an readies her rifle and tracks a player, firing a barrage of high-explosive rounds. Each round inflicts 85,700 Fire damage to players within 5 yards of the impact location.
- Penetrating Shot - Gar'an lines up a Penetrating Shot at the vitals of her target, inflicting 357,000 Physical damage to the target after 6 sec.Players can move between her and her target, disrupting her aim causing the damage inflicted to be split among all intercepting players and the target.
- Deploy Turret - Gar'an deploys an automated Dominator Turret, which fires a series of blasts in a circular pattern. Dominator Blasts inflict 25,000 Fire damage every 1 sec. for 8 sec to any players they come into contact with. This effect stacks.
- Enforcer Sorka -
- Blade Dash - Dashes through a player within 45 yards, chaining to targets within 5 yards, as well as Sorka's primary target, inflicting 71,450 Physical damage to targeted players.
- Swirling Vortex - Follows in the path of Blade Dash. Inflicts 32,150 Nature damage and stuns for 1.5 sec.
- Sorka's Prey - Damage taken from Blade Dash is increased by 400%.
- Convulsive Shadows - Inflicts 20,000 Shadow damage per stack every 2 sec. A stack is removed each time damage is dealt. When dispelled, inflicts 40,000 Shadow damage per stack to the dispelled player.
- Lingering Shadow - When Convulsive Shadows deals damage, a pool of Lingering Shadow is created, applying Convulsive Shadows to players.
- Dark Hunt - Fixes her gaze on a player for 8 sec, after which she teleports to the player, inflicting 129,000 Physical damage.
- Marak the Blooded -
- Blood Ritual - Targets a player within 45 yards, inflicting 60,000 Shadow damage to all players in a cone in front of Marak.
- Bloodsoaked Heartseeker - Bounces between 3 marked targets for up to 286,000 Physical damage. Damage decreases the farther the axe travels between each target.
- Volatile Blood Orb - Spawns a Volatile Blood Orb at the location of players hit by Bloodsoaked Heartseeker, periodically casting Volatile Bloodbath.
- Volatile Bloodbath - A Volatile Blood Orb erupts in a bath of corrupted blood magic, inflicting up to 21,400 Shadow damage to all players on the dock. Players further from the Volatile Blood Orb take less damage.
- Sanguine Strikes - Marak the Blooded's melee attacks become so powerful as to corrupt the life essence of her target, causing their blood to erupt, duplicating a portion of damage dealt to her primary target to all players as Shadow damage.
- The Dreadnaught - When one of the Maidens mans the Dreadnaught's main gun, a group of players must use the loading chains to travel to the Dreadnaught and defeat that Maiden's deckhand before the Maiden completes the warmup sequence of the main gun. While the gun is warming up, the main cannon will barrage the docks with bombs, which players who remain on the docks must avoid.
- Bombardment Pattern - One of the Maidens fires a barrage of bombs with the main cannon of the ship towards the dock. After the initial barrage, the main cannon fires a much larger burst of bombs towards the dock.
- Bomb Impact - When a bomb lands, it inflicts 57,150 Fire damage to nearby players, knocking them back.
- Detonation Sequence - Explodes, inflciting 107,000 Fire damage to enemies within 7 yards.
- Blackrock Deckhand -
- Uktar, Deckhand of Admiral Gar'an - Defeating Uktar will reveal the Dreadnaught Cannon's ammunition reserves.
- Grapeshot Blast - Fires a blast of grapeshot at a player, inflicting 53,600 Fire damage to players within a cone.
- Battle Medic Rogg -
- Earthen Barrier - Rogg envelops an ally with an Earthen Barrier, absorbing 245,000 damage.
- Protective Earth - Rogg creates a pool of Protective Earth. Any of his allies who enter the pool gain Earthen Barrier.
- Chain Lightning - Inflicts 46,400 Nature damage to a player, jumping to any nearby players.
- Shattered Hand Deckhand -
- Gorak, Deckhand of Enforcer Sorka - Defeating Gorak will reveal the Dreadnaught Cannon's ammunition reserves.
- Deadly Throw - Throws a poisoned knife towards a target, inflicting 157,000 Physical damage and reducing movement speed by 80% for 5 sec to the closest player in their direction.
- Call for Reinforcements - Gorak calls for reinforcements, summoning an Iron Evsicerator from the hold of the Dreadnaught.
- Iron Eviscerator -
- Fixate - Iron Eviscerators fixate their attention on a random target, and will only attack their fixated target.
- Swiftness - As long as they are left alive, Iron Eviscerators gain Swiftness, allowing them to move 10% faster and increasing their haste by 10% per stack.
- Expose Armor - The Eviscerator inflicts a blow to a critical section of a player's armor, inflicting 46,400 Physical damage and increasing Physical damage taken by 20% for 15 sec.
- Bleeding Hollow Deckhand -
- Uk'urogg, Deckhand of Marak the Blooded - Defeating Uk'urogg will reveal the Dreadnaught Cannon's ammunition reserves.
- Blood Corruption Aura - Uk'urogg has been twisted by Marak's dark blood magic, such that he radiates foul energy.This energy causes all players on the Dreadnaught while he is alive to periodically create pools of Corrupted Blood underneath them.
- Corrupted Blood - A pool of corrupted blood lingers on the ground, inflicting 85,700 Shadow damage every 2 sec to any players who stand in it.
Today's Blue Tweets mention one of the more useful perks of the Enchanter's Study
building. You are able to use a friend's building to disenchant items and apply Illusions
to your weapon without needing to have Enchanting as a profession or the Enchanter's Study.
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
We have some nice Horde themed fan art today!