MMO-Champion - World of Warcraft News and Raiding Strategies

World of Warcraft News and Raiding Strategies RSS Feed

by Published on 2012-08-19 08:05 PM

Unofficial Patch 1.0.4 Changes - Class changes, New Items, Affixes and More!

Mists of Pandaria In Game Cinematics
Many of the quests that are part of your introduction to Pandaria and major quest lines now have in game cinematics to go with them. Some of them are produced in the style of the Wrathgate cinematic and go beyond using only simple scripted events and existing animations.

Horde Pandaria Cinematic



Alliance Pandaria Cinematic



Shen-zin Su's Thorn



Battle of Serpent's Heart



Beta Experience Required to Level Changed
Once again, the experience required to level in beta has been tweaked. This time around the only change was to reduce the XP needed to level from 85 to 86 slightly.

Level Old XP Requirement New XP Requirement Newer XP Requirement
1-9OldSame Same
10-39?Old(-20%) (-20%)
40-82OldSame Same
82-834,004,0002,669,000 (-33%) 2,669,000 (-33%)
83-845,203,4003,469,000 (-33%) 3,469,000 (-33%)
84-859,165,1004,583,000 (-50%) 4,583,000 (-50%)
85-8610 million15.5 million (+55%) 13 million (+30%)
86-8711.6 million18 million (+55%) 18 million (+55%)
87-8814.6 million22.6 million (+55%) 22.6 million (+55%)
88-8917.6 million27.3 million (+55%) 27.3 million (+55%)
89-9021.2 million32.8 million (+55%) 32.8 million (+55%)


Beta Class Balance Analysis
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Beta Class Balance Analysis
Sorry for slow responses lately, been busy buffing and nerfing to get everyone balanced for release.

You say that you are completely confident in your ability to balance the classes. What does that mean? I believe you when you say you can make a computer play a class on every spec on a patchwerk style fight and get the same numbers. Thats where my faith starts to drop off.
There are two general strategies to balance the game. One is to guarantee that everyone's damage is pretty close on a single target that doesn't move and has no real gimmicks (e.g. Patchwerk). The other is to guarantee that everyone's DPS will be equal on every encounter. The latter isn't a realistic goal, and honestly, we wouldn't want that anyway. We think it's cool when an encounter happens to play to your strengths, and it can also be fun when an encounter emphasizes your weaknesses and then it's up to you to try and overcome those challenges. As I've said before, it's not the straightaways that make racing fun -- it's the curves.

I will include my standard caveat that some players see top 100 parses and assume that is the damage they will do. Skill still matters enormously for being able to eek out those numbers. One of the consistent characteristics of the best guilds in the world is they are able to deliver near-Patchwerk numbers even on very complex fights. I watch them do it and still don't quite understand how.

Also, there are only a few fights where absolute DPS is the key to winning. Mastering mechanics usually has a much bigger impact on success. Players tend to downplay that in their quest for chart-topping DPS. Plenty of people raided (and even had fun doing so) back when DPS specs did double or triple the damage of each other. That's not an attempt to escape from balancing the game, but from where I stand, players overall place far too much emphasis on balance equaling fun.

The third point is also true, but that's why it surprises me so much that you've disregarded (actually you've specifically stated that you don't want to hear) feedback about certain classes and specs being very not fun.
We don't disregard it. Not at all. It's just very subjective.

I think it's easy for players posting on our forums to believe that this is our primary way of interacting with players. A very small, almost trivial, number of players post on our forums. It's very dangerous to assume that several very passionate forum posters are speaking for the community. We have a very storied history of making a change because some players argued for it very passionately, eloquently and logically, only to have a bunch of other players then get angry because they were perfectly happy with the previous design.

If there was some very safe, easy and exploit-free way of polling the entire player base, then it might be possible to know if players overall found a mechanic fun or not. Without that, we're left to just making judgment calls on whether we buy the argument or not. Sometimes we do and sometimes we don't.

The 10% melee/hunter attack speed buff from the dummies is stacking with Unleashed Rage(10% speed) from enhancement shaman.
Not intended I'm sure.

There were several bugs with the various sources of the 10% attack speed raid buff stacking incorrectly. They should be fixed soon.

Should Expertise convert to Spell Hit for pure casters? Or is that only supposed to work for melee classes that use weapon attacks that deal spell damage? (Pardon my ignorance here, I know nothing of melee stats.) Basically, I'm wondering if every Human Mage and Warlock is going to be looking for swords now.
Yes, Expertise should indeed convert to spell hit, even for pure casters. Casters might have a slight preference for certain types of weapons (as melee have for years). We make some mage blades, but not a lot.

In other words, tooltips currently do not reflect how much a spell is actually supposed to heal for once the benefits of PVP Power are factored in.
PvP Power does not change spell tooltips. This is partially because PvP Power only affects you in certain areas (specifically not in dungeons or raids).

13,20% Mastery - Increases the damage done by your demon servants by 13,20%. Increases the damage you deal in caster form by 13,20%. The damage you deal while using Metamorphosis increased by 39,60%
It said 39%, but it was lying. It only gave you 39% for 2 sec and then dropped off to 26% or something but didn't display the drop.

These are the kinds of bugs we find all the time before launch and require us to adjust numbers, which is why we implore you to try out the changes and make absolutely sure that we were just nerfing you out of spite before you curse GC and his Throne of Lies.

GC, is it the design intent that some classes can do 15% more single target damage than others? Currently the classes on the bottom of the DPS sims are that far off the top classes.

Can you clarify what is your target balancing spread between the best single target class and the worst single target class? It seems to me that 5%ish would be acceptable, but the current spread is close to 15% which is just outrageous.

Are the sims accurate enough to go on at this point? They don't yet match what we're seeing.

I don't want to change the topic of this thread, so I'd prefer if we didn't debate the issue here, but I don't believe sharing our target numbers is a good idea. My concern is that a chunk of players would want to endlessly debate whether the numbers we chose were fair for their class, and another chunk would want to argue about whether those numbers were achievable.

What I mean by the latter is that if we said "Our Balance druid target is 115,000 DPS," then anytime someone saw a number on Raidbots or wherever that was lower than that, they would demand buffs. They demand buffs today based on sims that may or may not mirror reality. Other players would argue that it takes excessive RNG to achieve the targets, or movement-less fights, or that we need to introduce more cleave encounters. None of those concerns are necessarily invalid, but they are a huge distraction. We'd rather players focus their communication efforts with us on whether their class is fun (though paradoxically, this is not the "fun" thread). Honestly, I think it's more fun in game design in general to see how much you can achieve rather than trying to match a target.

As an example of the former, look no further than the "hyrbid tax" debate. The debate is ongoing and often angry, despite the fact that I have refused to address the issue for years, on the grounds that sharing our position doesn't actually seem to bring closure to any discussion. Rather it pours fuel on the fire. I think coming out with actual target numbers would do the same. Sharing our philosophy for how we do quest design or how we define interesting rotations can provide some behind-the-curtain insight that players seem to enjoy. Sharing numbers just seems to make people mad.

Now, don't get me wrong. You can't be a game designer without a healthy tolerance if not outright love for endless arguing. We just think there are plenty of aspects of the WoW design upon which to give feedback, and we don't want the conversation to be dominated by "Are the developers' target DPS numbers on target dummies fair?" Maybe that's the wrong call. Maybe we're being too conservative. I'm generally an "ask me anything" sort of guy. But it's also one of those rabbits you can't stick back in the hole once it hops out.

If you disagree or want to explore the topic further, feel free to create another thread. I'll read it.

Death Knight (Forums / Skills)
DKS -- Frost Fever is incorrectly using spell crit chance instead of melee crit chance, which will be fixed. Blood Plague already uses melee crit chance.

Anti-Magic Zone absorbs 20% less spell damage per attack power for Unholy. This multiplier was added back when Unholy got 25% attack power as a spec bonus. That spec bonus was dropped to 15% in the last beta patch. Can the Unholy-specific Anti-magic Zone multiplier be reduced to compensate?
The Anti-Magic Zone modifier was recently reduced by the same proportion. The intent, as you point out, is for them to stay in sync.

Can you please confirm this is intended/acceptable results, or otherwise address it? Or if I screwed up badly in my math somewhere I'd like to hear that as well. Dual Wield Frost - Howling Blast Vs. Obliterate
Yep, that sounds about how we expect.

Base damage for DK diseases were buffed this patch, but the numbers seem off a little bit. The base damage for Frost Fever is now 1390, while the base damage for Blood Plague is 172. Was an extra 0 mistakenly added to Frost Fever (should be 139)? Or is Blood Plague missing a 0 (should be 1720)?
The former. Frost Fever's base damage was accidentally increased too much. It should indeed be 139 at level 90.

Druid (Forums / Skills)
Is Feline Swiftness intended to stack with speed enchants?
Yes.

Is it intended that spells cast in cat or bear form via Predatory Swiftness or Nature's Swiftness interrupt the swing timer?
Nope.

Monk (Forums / Skills)
Did something change with the Elusive Brew calculations this patch, specifically with 2h weapons?
The tooltip updated, and some people are reporting getting 3 stacks (consistently) with a 3.6 speed weapon (the PvP polearm), which should be impossible given the formula we were given, while others are still getting 2.


We removed Tiger Strikes from Brewmasters and adjusted the proc rates of Elusive Brew and Gift of the Ox to account for the reduced number of normal attacks that they'll be doing.

What's up with Chi Wave? I spent a while on the dummies and it's doing about 2.5x much per chi as BoK and 1.2x as much as RSK, but in actual raid testing it's very inconsistent. Sometimes it will hit bosses 4x and sometimes it will just hit once and then disappear. I remember reading a blue post saying that the second tier of monk talents weren't intended to be used rotationally - is this still the case?

Right now it's a required talent and provides a 15-20% increase in DPS on bosses on which it bounces multiple times and is worthless (except as a small extra heal, although expel harm + healing spheres may be better options) for bosses on which it bounces only once. How is this ability supposed to work, and can it please be adjusted to work consistently?

There are some nerfs coming to the level 30 row, that should resolve this. It’s not intended that the level 30 row is a pure DPS increase for Windwalkers, but should provide a very strong option for trading a little damage for a lot of healing.

Paladin (Forums / Skills)
Execution Sentence is consuming Glyph of Flash of Light, but is seeing no increase in the healing done. Is it supposed to consume the effect and receive the increase or is it not supposed to interact with the glyph at all?
Ideally it would benefit from the glyph and consume the buff, but ES is a complex spell, so it's possible we'll have to exclude it. Sounds like a bug regardless.

Shaman (Forums / Skills)
A.) Stormstrike was buffed to 300% weapon damage, but Stormblast still appears to be set at 200%
Stormblast should be 300% as well. We will fix.

Is there a chance you might reduce the mana cost of Chain Lightning? We are running oom very fast on 2 targets and I honestly don't think it should be that way seeing as it is our spellcleave.
As Ele, Enhance or Resto?

Warlock (Forums / Skills)
Warlocks -- the next beta build will make it look like we nerfed Demo enormously. These are actually just adjustments because mastery was only giving 66% of the benefit it was supposed to in Meta form, which is now fixed.

Paladin (Forums / Skills)
Did WoG and EF change and somehow those changes didn't make it to the Patch notes? My values are down for it on just about every AP scale I've tested by between 3 and 7% (easily noticeable on the EF HoT tick)
The tooltip for EF is incorrectly not including its base healing (but I believe is functioning correctly). Regardless, EF's initial heal should exactly match WoG's heal.

EF is behaving properly from its tooltip. However, the PvP power conversion factor has changed. In previous patches, it was ~265. This build it's ~530, nerfed by exactly a factor of 2.
While there was a tooltip bug difference between EF and WoG (which should be identical), I think what you are seeing with the PvP Power conversion factor is that we straight out reduced the amount of healing provided by PvP Power.

It is important that PvP Power affect healing because otherwise healers wouldn't value the stat or the gear. However, unlike damage, healing is not offset by resilience, so stacking PvP Power just makes healers better and better. We knew this was a risk, but now the consensus is that healing is just much too good in PvP. We reduced the amount of healing provided by 50%. That seems like around the right number, but we may still iterate on it.

Oh, so PVP Power conversion percentage is still ~265 to 1%, but its effectiveness on healing spells has been reduced by half. Although I don't do PVP, I do wonder if there's a chance that the tooltips for WoG and EF will reflect the expected value based on both SP and PVP Power?

I don't know if you've seen our spreadsheet, but even with EF there are tooltip differences between what's expected and what's actually happening. Like for example, at 17630 AP, the EF tooltip indicates we should be expecting heals of 1024 from the HoT portion of EF -- however, due to PVP Power (16.05% in the character sheet in this case, and in reality much less since you have disclosed that PVP Power effectiveness for heals has been reduced), we're actually getting 1105 ticks.

I think we’re still missing something that you’re trying to tell us. PvP Power globally affects all healing (except percent based heals), so should be completely abstracted from any discussion about WoG or EF or any particular heal. If this is not what you’re seeing, we can investigate that. If so, can we simplify the discussion by completely leaving PvP Power out of it? PvP Power should be completely irrelevant to WoG vs EF or really any talent in that row, or priority list, or anything.

Class Feedback Blue Posts
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Hunter (Forums / Skills)
Deterrence and Kill Command
We wanted to prevent Kill Command during Deterrence, because that felt like cheating, but it's a bug if it's stopping heals.(Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Paladin (Forums / Skills)
Beta Retribution Feedback
It should really only work with 3HP finishers.
We're changing Divine Purpose so its chance scales with Holy Power. The 25% is with 3. You should be able to benefit from using a 1 Holy Power ability, but we don't want to encourage fishing. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Crusader Strike Change Feedback
Paladins were balanced around generating Holy Power through Holy Shock, Holy Radiance and Tower of Radiance. We like the "holy warrior" kit and thought using Crusader Strike situationally for Holy was interesting. We didn't want it to be the most effective way to play a healing paladin, which is how it was trending, especially in heroic 25-player raids.

I agree, we were tuned with the idea in mind that CS was part of our rotation.
No, I'm saying you weren't. We calculated paladin healing to be at X. With using CS as a major part of the rotation, the actual level was potentially X + Y. We want you to be at X.

As I mentioned above, I'm not even convinced it was a serious problem. Yes, it's mana efficient to generate Holy Power for almost nothing, but you could have also generated that Holy Power with an actual heal. WoG / LoD don't heal for enough for that to be your entire arsenal. A paladin who casts HS, DL, DL -> LoD will handily outheal one who casts HS, CS, CS -> LoD, unless mana is a crushing issue, which we don't believe to be the case. Taken to extremes, a healer who never casts a heal has awesome mana longevity, am I right?

However, this is one of those cases where we didn't even want there to be a question. We didn't want there to be any confusion about our intent. You should generate 99% of your Holy Power with Holy Shock, Holy Radiance and Tower of Radiance.

Now we are left with ability's that are not on par with other healers. After the nerf our mana efficiency is now worse imo then a lot of other healers.
We haven't seen any evidence of this, but if it comes to pass, we'll fix it (and not by buffing CS).

I think they must have had us balanced around CS because the alternative is frightening: that there was a meta playstyle that was used extensively, talked about extensively on these very forums and others, and Blizzard did not attempt to balance around it. Does that sound like good design to you?
It wasn't extensive. Not many paladins were doing it in our raid tests. However some of the paladins who were doing it were very talented healers in top-end guilds, and those guys can sometimes be trendsetters. This was a precautionary change, not a crisis. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Priest (Forums / Skills)
Halo vs. Holy Word: Sanctuary
We agree with the argument that Sanctuary and Halo are apples and oranges. However, Sanctuary is intended to have a 30 sec cooldown, not 40 sec. That's a bug. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Shadow Orbs Bug
This was a bug caused by the new orb UI. We fixed it recently so the orbs / ravens should persist for 60 sec now. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Warrior (Forums / Skills)
Beta Warrior Feedback
Heroic strike now competes for rage with slam, so if you're slamming with rage, many times you'll not have enough rage to hit heroic strike when TFB is about to expire. Which means if you want to guarantee that you have enough rage for the big heroic strike, you have to not slam and leave gcds open, which is boring. And you have to gamble constantly between trying to stack TFB with more overpower, or using the rage on a weaker heroic strike before the buff wears off.
I want to dive into this a little bit again, because I still think there's some sort of miscomm between us and you guys.

1) If you have 60 or more rage, you should be able to Slam and Heroic Strike. No problems there.
2) If you have less than 60 rage, you might have to choose between Slam and Heroic Strike.
3) If Taste for Blood has plenty of duration left, then go ahead and Slam. You'll probably get enough rage to Heroic Strike soon too.
4) If Taste for Blood is about to fall off, you're at the greatest risk. In this case, it may be worth not Slamming because you need to have 30 rage. Even in this case though, you shouldn't be sitting on empty GCDs. This is a great time to Storm Bolt or Dragon Roar or Battle Shout. If every one of those is on cooldown, then you might have to wait a GCD or two, but that should be pretty rare. As you get better gear (and honestly that might be part of what we're seeing here) it should be even more rare because you'll have more rage to Slam away.

So what am I missing here? I want to understand the feedback.

GC, just a quick question. Is this change trying to suggest that Fury warriors should never equip a shield to go defensive?
Swapping to a shield should not turn off the Single-Minded Fury damage bonus for an SMF warrior. It's possible a Titan's Grip warrior who swapped to a one-hander and shield will not get the Single-Minded Fury bonus. However, TG warriors can also equip a two-handed weapon and shield.

GCs arguments and justifications almost make it sound like he has some kind of personal vendetta against the warrior class and wants us to suck and not be invited to raids... never gives us a real answer to anything other than "working as intended" or "we'll see" but nothing ever changes unless its another nerf or new penalty added to an ability... if we show the slightest hint of getting better "it's a bug... here we'll fix it"
Yeah, that's probably it.

Execute may not be half of my total dps but its a huge chunk that im missing out on 80% of the fight. Ghostcrawler, I dont understand your reasoning sometimes on these issues, you wanted player feedback, its given, but you counter saying its not an issue. Why bother even continue reading our feedback if you already have a replay to shoot it down?
Think about it from my point of view. If every time players say "Please fix this" we then always go and fix it, then we're really not making the decision. We're letting players make it. The way we like to design is through informed decision making. We like to gather information and then make the call. That doesn't mean we're always going to make the call you want, but at least we'll know how you feel about it.

In this case, I wanted to see if there was something we hadn't considered about why high executes are bad. I didn't see many arguments we hadn't considered, but there was one we found potentially compelling. Essentially, if a group is stuck on phase 2 of a boss they might feel compelled to swap out a warrior, since their contribution is really going to come in phase 4. Now if phase 4 is also tough, you made a mistake, but if phase 4 is easy, then you may have made the right call.

In my humble opinion it's the same deal as some classes being amazing on burst or multidotters. Granted, sub 20% happens in most boss fights unlike multidotting, but it could be viewed as a perk. If a fight lasts 4-5 minutes Shamans and other burst classes are ridiculously strong, on council fights multidotters shine and then warriors can have the flavor of killing you if you're close to death.
That was more or less our logic. Warriors might be great when executes matter and weaker when executes are irrelevant, but those don't happen with such regularity that it would be a major problem. Groups tend to like the dot classes even on single target fights. They just excel at group fights.

The same response came with shield wall and spell reflect, people dont like it and yet, you completely ignore the feedback and reply; "we are happy with warriors requiring a shield" well, thats fine and dandy that your happy, but wouldnt you rather have the players who are using the warrior be happy?
I've tried to explain our shield logic there several times. I'm sure you could find the responses. Now you may disagree with out logic, but that's different than our ignoring the feedback.

Of course, reading between the lines in GCs responses, it looks like they may not have fully taken CD stacking during Execute phase into account, so there's also the possibility that Warriors are competitive for 80% of the fight and just flat OP for the final 20
No, I just wanted to make sure there was a good explanation for the high crit rate.

There's nothing wrong with the idea of having your damage more backloaded. I think the concern right now is that it is too backloaded. It's just been kind of funny to hit the last 45 seconds of a beta raid encounter and have an ability go from zero to #2 in WoL while accounting for 15% of my damage, all in ~45 seconds.
Yeah, many of the responses seem to be "it feels weird" and not "it's fundamentally broken" (even when they say the latter, it looks like they often mean the former). Now feeling weird still counts, but it's not as "must fix" as a critical design flaw.

I seem to remember one of your first suggestions being a short cooldown slapped on. Intuitively, that seems the best — Execute can be powerful enough to kill in PvP without crowding damage contribution in PvE.
We don't like Execute having a cooldown. You still need to do other attacks already to make sure you have enough rage to spend. If we decide it's a problem, we're more likely just to shift some of the damage from Execute back to other attacks. (Key word is "some" - we don't want it to be weak.)

We're not changing the shield requirements of Spell Reflect and Shield Wall. You can read my previous comments on them, Die by the Sword and Mass Spell Reflect. Our stance hasn't changed.

We are going to try reducing Execute damage by about 20% and redistributing the damage to yellow attacks. I'm not sure that nerf will be significant enough to make some of you happy (what an ironic thing to say) but it might be enough of a compromise between Execute feeling awesome but not so awesome that the rest of your attacks feel weak.

You would only use HS and Slam over 60 rage if HS has a TfB stack (or stacks) already because a no stack HS is less than a slam in termsof damage. Otherwise you would have to weigh out the near term benefit against filling a future GCD which might otherwise be empty with a slam. The problem is, you can't really predict the availabillity of TfB procs in the future - will you have an empty GCD, or will you have multiple overpowers? If you hold off on the HS, perhaps those additional OP's will buff the HS you saved to a higher degree - is it more, or less DPS. There is simply too much on-the-fly calculation and gambling involved. Furthermore, you dont really have to use HS to burn off rage to prevent overcap - one slam pretty much negates 3 white swings worth of rage. Again with the unpredictabillity - how will enrages change that decision?
Why would you ever use the HS until Taste for Blood stops proc'ing? You Overpower until it stops, then you HS. If you have 60 rage (or think you will soon) then you go ahead and Slam because you'll still have enough rage to Heroic Strike as well. It's the "on-the-fly calculation and gambling" part that I'm not quite understanding. If you're choosing to HS when you don't know if the proc is done, then I guess that's gambling, but why do that? That's like bleeding off all your rage when you don't know is a CS is about to proc. If you're choosing to Slam when that means you won't be able to HS, then why do that (unless maybe the target has to die right now)?

It seems to me that the two decision points are: Should I Heroic Strike and should I Slam?

Should I Heroic Strike? Is Taste for Blood at 5 stacks? Then, absolutely HS. If not, then is Colossus Smash up? Then it's still worth it to blow the stacks with an HS. If not, then will the buff expire before I get another stack? If so, then Heroic Strike. (It's off the GCD, so you don't even have to delay another ability.)

Should I Slam? Will Slamming mean not enough rage for an upcoming Heroic Strike? Then, no.

What am I missing?

SMF warriors being able to eat is an unintended consequence of the bullet-proofing we put in to stop TG warriors from swapping to SMF for Execute. Should be an easy fix.

1. Slam is better than HS at 1 or 2 stacks, so you should never HS at that amount of stacks.
Okay, I think this is part of the problem. On our current build, Heroic Strike is at 110% weapon damage and Slam is at 220% weapon damage. That means a one stack of Heroic Strike ties with Slam and two stacks on always wins.

3. With 60 rage banked up, if you get lucky Overpower procs you'll have to HS before you reach 5 stacks or you'll waste rage due to cap. This is also RNG.
This part I am not understanding. If you have enough rage, then Slam. Otherwise, wait for the 5 stack. When are you at rage cap but unable to Slam?

4. Now say you have 60 rage, a 5 stack TfB and no filler avaiable. You have to outweigh the short term benefit of Slam + HS vs the possibility that those 30 rage you spent could turn into a 3 or higher stack in the next MS cycle.
If you're at 5 stacks, you should Heroic Strike because it can't go any higher. The only reason to delay would be if CS is about to come off cooldown. You shouldn't have to pool rage for multiple Heroic Strikes. If you use one, you should be ready for the next one by the time it stacks -- you're talking about a MS and 3 Overpowers. I'm not sure what gear you're talking about -- is this the ungemmed PvP gear at level 90?

Maybe another way to ask this is what percentage of the time are you Slamming in between buffed Heroic Strikes, and what percentage are you double Slamming?

Again, it's all probably due to low rage generation. As Arms you generate 36-45 rage during each MS depending on swing timers, which is less than you might be required to spend.
Yeah, I am starting to wonder if that's the issue. If you don't have enough rage to Slam regularly, then the rotation is going to feel empty. That will get better with more gear, but it sounds like Fury's rage feels good already.

I'm with GC on this one. The choice is merely between heroic strike and slam when you have rage. Why are you guys so steeled on 'must fill all globals!'? One of the big problems warriors had was too many globals as arms, you had no time for any utility buttons.
I understand that some players just like filling all globals, and the fact that warriors always become rage flooded in the last tier of content exacerbates how off it feels going from heroic raid gear to quest gear for the new expansion. We still want to keep some sense of progression that better gear means more rage which means more attacks, but maybe that's just too hard to deliver. On the other hand, warriors already have the highest APM of any class when you consider they can fill almost every global and have several off-the-global abilities, including a legitimate attack.

I do appreciate those of you attempting to clarify your concerns and not just venting. It is helpful.

I was curious if there was any chance of getting all of our attacks to trigger auto-attack? Not an actual swing, but putting us in a ready combat position. Kinda sucks to hit bloodthirst and fall right back out of the attack mode.
Can you explain this in more detail? If I target something and hit BT, then I start autoattacking.

The problem involves being out of range, out of rage, facing the wrong direction, the ability being on cool down for 4.5 more seconds, or disarmed etc.
We made a change so if you are in range (on any class) you will start autoattacking even if the special attack you used didn't go off (if for example you have no rage). It also works if you are facing the wrong direction.

It will not start autoattack if you are out of range. That might be something we can fix.

I just tested this on Slam and Mangle, and it works as I described. If you can test beta and verify that this is not happening, let us know. This is a change from live. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Posts
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Upcoming Beta Patches and Closure
I wonder how long before they close the Beta...

They said 2 weeks before it goes live so that would put it at Sept. 11th or so. Since the 11th is the normal maintenence day it seems to be logical to do it that day.

Yeah that's pretty much the time frame as of right now. Give or take a few days, there's really nothing forcing us to close it on a Tuesday.

Monday would have been an ideal day for this IMO. Yes I'm aware there's all kinds of legitimate reasons for doing it today. I stand by my original comment.
There will probably be another one on Monday or Tuesday as well, so JFYI.

It will be down a lot more, right? Cause we are getting closer to the release.
I wouldn't say more, likely it'll be at the pace it's been the past week or two. Maintenance and a new build every 2-4 days.

That's not a promise of a schedule or anything but based on the information I have that's around what it'll be. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Scarab Lord Title
I believe we changed the title to be account-level. It's not it affects that many players anyway. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

All Races Available in Patch 5.0.4 Followup
This is great but how will starting areas be handled?
The starting areas will be accessible as well. For example, you'll be able to adventure on the Wandering Isle as a pandaren when Mists of Pandaria is released, but you won't be able to visit Pandaria. They're separate locations.

You're specifically talking about character creation. How will this affect paid race changes? Will I be able to race change to Pandaren on my existing shaman on August 28th or do I have to wait until September 25th?
Pandaren characters will be locked until Mists of Pandaria is released. You won't be able to create one. You won't be able to change an existing character into one.

Hey Zarhym, question for ya since you seem to be monitoring this thread. If I preorder my race change, then change to a Panda on the 25th, will that disqualify me for every realm first? Or just Realm first Pandaren? Or will it even disqualify me?
There are no realm first achievements for races.

So, lemme get this straight. Without purchasing the upgrade to MoP

I can - Roll any race, after the patch update on Aug. 28th, EXCEPT a Pandaren
I can - Roll a Pandaren beginning Sept. 25th
I can - level a Pandaren to the highest level of my currently subscribed content (Cata for me)
I can - Have all of my mounts account-wide

I cannot - Access Pandaria
I cannot - Level skills beyond my currently subscribed content
I cannot - enter raids, dungeons, or battlegrounds beyond my currently subscribed content
I cannot - level a monk
I cannot - Participate in the Pet Battle system

The roll any race kind of has no bearing on players with Cata subs, they just have to wait until MoP launch date of Sept. 25th to roll a Pandaren.

This all looks correct except for pet battles. Those, like pandaren character creation, will unlock on September 25 and be available to everyone.

Not that it really affects ME per se, but this also works for Trial accounts? If I manage to find a friend who HASN'T played, can they try out gobs or pandas?

Does this change include the Starter Edition you get from RAF? Just wondering if I send an RAF to my friend if they can roll a Panda with me to level with on the day MoP comes out.
Since all of the races are being rolled into the original "brown box" -- meaning you don't need to unlock them by purchasing a specific expansion -- yes, you should be able to try out any race using a trial account. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

LFR Feedback
It is quite funny to hear that 'lfr is not mandatory for progression'. Ye,sure, Paragon, Method, Vodka and all those banned super-duper-hardcore guys have no clue.
World First guilds have proven over the years that they'll actually do anything at their disposal to get an edge over their competition. And often they can put resources that an immense majority of guilds don't have. In that regard, they don't really represent a majority of guilds.

remember a lot of blue responses to "i am special snowflake, i want others no have epics", "remove lfr, i want tbc", "share lockout", etc, but i do not remember not a single blue post that replies to the two other 'anti-LFR statements'. One is "blizz forces raiders to boost casuals", and another is "blizz shared 10 and 25 due to burnout, and now makes us run content twice per week again". It is pretty obvious that since these topics are avoided, these statements are true. Blizz cannot admit it is impossible to balance LFR around wide skill diversity of casuals, so they just balance it around 10 raiders and 15 casuals. If casuals are good the run is OK, if they are bad, well, warm bodies are unimportant anyway.
Since LFR is not required for your progression in Normal and Heroic raiding, no, raiders aren't being forced to boost "casuals".

Furthermore, you're implying that all casual players lack the skill raiders have. When in fact, there're skilled players that are casual, those two concepts aren't mutually exclusive. Neither all casual players are "bad", neither all raiders are "skilled".

My guild doesnt compete for realm firsts or whatever, its semi-casual raiding guild and we think we're 'forced' to do it, because items from LFR will help greatly in our progression, as we will progress slower and gear up slower. None of us particularly enjoy doing LFR but most of us will - you can tell us all you like that we are weird like that, but players want to be of a greater benefit to their guilds and strive to improve however they can.

And yes it is very different than doing 5man heroics, 5 man dungeon is something completely different - different format, requires great individual effort, different environment (different instance) etc. I would rather run 5 heroics than one LFR, but heroics will not reward anything close to what LFR will, and LFR is also easier and faster.

Heroics reward valor points which, currently on the beta (and therefore may change, as it's still in development), you can use to acquire epic items that are tied to certain factions. Those are higher item level than the items granted on Mogu'shan Vaults LFR. So, hopefully that'll give you a reason to visit those places.

Also, keep in mind that in Mists of Pandaria there's going to be plenty of stuff to do (and new features that you probably know about) once you get to level 90. Which will probably help as well to make progress with your character without feeling the need to hit constantly the same exact places day after day.

So were 10/25 man lockouts and they were removed because they "forced" raiders to do both. Make LFR share a lockout with normal/heroic and the problem is gone.
There's something here that I feel is important to mention. Back in Wrath of the Lich King, 25 man heroic raiding players were raiding 10 man heroic also because loot tables were different, and so certain items were still desirable as they dropped in 10 man, but not in 25 man. Cataclysm didn't bring only the 10/25 unified lockout, it also brought the same itemization to both modes.

Just as an example, Lady Deathwhisper dropped Whispering Fanged Skull in 10 heroic, which was very attractive to melee players. Under the Cataclysm raid design, they wouln't have had a reason to run 10 man heroic ICC (gear wise) as the item would've dropped in their 25-man heroic raid.

The problem is when you've seen a raid on LFR difficulty with 24 people you don't know when you'd much rather see that content for the first time on normal difficulty with 9/24 of your friends.
That's exactly how the upcoming raids will open up on Mists of Pandaria. So hopefully this won't be an issue anymore for those that feel their experience is negatively impacted by the reason you stated. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Horde is the Evil Faction
This kind of duality exists in almost every kind of epic storyline that involves factions at war. Eventually it comes down to a simpler question, does the concept of absolute evil and good even exist? There are plenty of books trying to answer that simple question, so I’m not going into that.

I’d rather just say that to me Horde does seem more evil than Alliance, but that’s mostly due to aesthetics, think about the Forsaken and the Undercity, I mean, it’s undeniable that Horde looks are meant to be evil looking, names also. Except maybe Taurens, they’re just too cute in their own hairy and beastly way.

It’s like someone already said, it’s a grey and ambiguous area, when you belong to a certain faction you always tend to view an enemy’s faction as evil, which in turn means that you feel like the opposite of evil, and since every faction feels that way…
I’d stick with they’re evil-looking and probably have a bit more evil in them than most Alliance, except gnome warlocks, these are the most devilish, nefarious and heinous creatures in Azeroth there is.

I don’t meant to delve into lore here, I’m sure that those who are really into it will present proofs backed up by lore facts to prove their arguments; this is just meant to be more of a general perception or impression that I get from Horde while playing WoW for so many years.
This is actually a really fun thread to read, many interesting arguments being made.

The duality will last until the war ends, and the presence of war in Warcraft is simply inextricable... (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Heroic Deathwing and Ragnaros Mount Drop Rates
For those wondering, the drop rate of these mounts will be reduced.

wtb an answer to the question of when this is happening.

It will happen with the release of Mists of Pandaria.

Go get them! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Overpowered Monk in the Cinematic
In your opening cinematic you show a monk soloing two players. This is completely unfair and I am considering canceling my subscription. Therefore this needs to be addressed or you could lose millions of players.
That's Chen Stormstout. If he was fighting Varian and Garrosh in the opening cinematic, you might have a point. Maybe. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Pet Battle Blue Posts
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Pet Battles Updates 8/16
We are getting down to the wire guys! Just wanted to give everyone a few updates on some system wide changes. Some of this info might have already been posted but I think it's useful to have it all in one place.

  • We have made a game wide pass on pets that are obstructed. You should see MUCH less of these errors now. We will continue to remove these as we find them.
  • We have dramatically reduced the XP required to level for pets after level 10.
  • Catching any pet level 15 or under retains its current level.
  • Catching a level 16-20 pet will lose 1 level.
  • Catching a level 21-25 pet will lose 2 levels.
  • Players are vulnerable to PVP while in a pet battle on PVP servers. We have added a buff that will reduce the amount of damage taken once you are broken out of battle by 50% for 3 seconds. PVE players are only affected if they are flagged or in an area that forces flagging. In addition, the exact pet you were fighting will respawn.
  • A 3m cool-up is activated on login for the Revive Battle Pets spell. The same cool-up is applied to Stable Masters.
  • The bandage drop rate from Battle Pet Tamer quests has been increased significantly.
  • The number of pet bandages dropped has been doubled.
  • The stack limit on pet bandages has been increased to 10.
  • We have reduced the cooldown on Revive Battle Pets to 8m.
  • The pet battle combat log has been moved to it's own chat tab.
  • All pet battle tamer quests are account-wide. Both the dailys and the one-shots.
  • We have removed the pet swap on pets dying in everything except PVP.
  • The matchmaking system has been adjusted to favor battles with opponents of similar levels over queuing speed.
  • When a pet battle queue pops, you will now have the option to accept or decline.
  • Players will once again be able to engage in pet battles while in the pet battle queue.
  • You can have up to x3 of any pet except for uniques. The pets in the following categories are unique: Achievements, Pet Store, Guild and Promotional. Note that TCG pets are not unique and will be tradeable.
  • Pets caught through pet battles will not be tradeable. Note that many pets are still tradeable. (well over 150)
  • Day one migration from Cataclysm has been changed. You will now get all of your extra pets directly in the journal (rather than pet crates in your bags/mail) These pets will be allowed to exceed the 500 total/3x per pet limits for this one time event. Note that unique pets will be merged into one.
  • Release now works on any pet as long as you have more than one of that pet.
  • Release will continue to work at all times on pets caught though battle.
  • A number of pre-existing pets were upgrade to rare quality.

Again, a big thanks to everyone who has been helping us out with feedback on the beta. Your help is immensely appreciated! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Pet Battles Quest Reset
We know that many of you have been having trouble making progress on the pet battle quest lines. We have been making extensive changes to the quests and the engineering behind them on beta. Because of this, we are going to reset all of the data associated with these quests. This will allow you to play the quests again as well as give us a chance to gather more feedback. A couple notes on how this will work:

  • Any specific character that has completed a pet battle quest will still have that quest completed.
  • Any other characters on your account will be able to start anew on the quest lines.
  • Re-importing your character will allow you to start from scratch again on the quest lines.

We are very sorry if this creates an inconvenience for anyone but it’s a part of the process that comes with beta. We can’t say enough how useful your feedback has been up to this point, please keep it coming! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Pet Battle Phasing
I have noticed since the last update that I am getting attacked by random roaming mobs and getting knocked out of combat.
We found the bug causing this and are attempting to hotfix it up to servers shortly. If we can't hotfix it, it will be in the next build.

Thanks for the reports! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Duplicate Pet Restrictions and TCG Pets
TCG pets are not promotional, you will be able to have up to 3x of each of them if you wish. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Duplicate Pets - Still Mailed or No?
Pets will still be merged on MoP launch, but instead of placing them in your bags or mail they will be placed directly in your pet journal. You will be allowed to have more than 500 and 3x per pet during this process. Any pets that are flagged as unique will be merged into one and also placed in your journal. (Unique pets are from Achievements, Pet Store, Promotions and Guild) You will be able to cage any pets that are tradeable and you can release anything that you have more than one of.

A few examples:
  • A B.net account has a total of 6 Wolvar Pups across all of it's characters. On merge the B.net account would have 6 Wolvar Pups. This would be the only time an account is allowed to have more than 3x of a single pet.
  • A B.net account has a total of 3 Murky's from BlizzCon 2005 and 4 Nuts from the pet collection achievements across all of it's characters. (both unique pets) On merge the B.net account will have 1 Murky and 1 Nuts.

Hope that helps clear things up.

The limit is 500 but players will be allowed to exceed that during the launch transition. Once you drop back under it, you won't be able to go back over. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

De-Level on Capture and Improved Traps
Updated traps and art are in the new build from this week. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Lack of Pets in Silvermoon or Ironforge
Both of these cities have pets, you just need to find them. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Free Switches in Pet Battles
Free switches are only in PVP fights. The fact that they were on PVE battles was a bug that was fixed in the latest build. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blizzard Games News
Pico is here with a quick overview of Blizzard related stories from the past week.

by Published on 2012-08-18 01:43 AM

Four New Item Procs Revealed, Patch Targeted for Next Week, Blizzard at Gamescom, Blizzard Art, Poll

Mists of Pandaria Beta - Build 16004
We end the week by passing build 16000!

New Items
See WoWDB for all of the items added in this patch.

Level Type Slot Name
1Companion Pets Spectral Tiger Cub
20Mount Reins of the Green Dragon Turtle
20Mount Reins of the Brown Dragon Turtle
20Mount Reins of the Purple Dragon Turtle
20Mount Reins of the Red Dragon Turtle
20Mount Reins of the Black Dragon Turtle
20Mount Reins of the Blue Dragon Turtle
40Mount Reins of the Great Red Dragon Turtle
40Mount Reins of the Great Black Dragon Turtle
40Mount Reins of the Great Green Dragon Turtle
40Mount Reins of the Great Blue Dragon Turtle
40Mount Reins of the Great Brown Dragon Turtle
40Mount Reins of the Great Purple Dragon Turtle
40Mount Reins of the Great Red Dragon Turtle


Spell Changes
Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
Death Knight (Forums)

Talents

Blood
  • Crimson Scourge now increases the damage dealt by your Blood Boil by 40%, up from 20%.
  • Heart Strike now does 170% weapon damage, up from 150%. Additional damage increased by 32%.

Druid (Forums)
  • Moonfire damage and SP scaling reduced by 8%.
  • Starfall damage and SP scaling reduced by 8%.
  • Swipe damage and AP scaling reduced by 38%.
  • Wrath damage and SP scaling reduced by 8%.

Balance
  • Starfall damage and SP scaling reduced by 8%.
  • Starfire damage and SP scaling reduced by 8%.
  • Starsurge damage and SP scaling reduced by 8%.
  • Sunfire damage and SP scaling reduced by 8%.

Hunter (Forums)
Talents
  • Dire Beast now lasts until cancelled, up from 15 sec.

Beast Mastery
  • Focus Fire now increases your ranged haste by 6% for each Frenzy stack consumed, down from 8%.

Survival

Mage (Forums)
  • Item - Mage T14 4P Bonus - Increases the damage bonus of Arcane Power by an additional 10%, reduces the cooldown of Icy Veins by 50% (was 70%), and reduces the cooldown of Combustion by 20%.
  • Frostfire Bolt damage and SP scaling reduced by 10%.
  • Ice Lance damage and SP scaling reduced by 5%.

Fire
  • Fireball damage and SP scaling reduced by 6%.
  • Inferno Blast damage and SP scaling reduced by 48%.
  • Mastery: Ignite: Your target burns for an additional 12% over 4 sec of the total damage caused by your Fireball, Frostfire Bolt, Inferno Blast, Scorch, and Pyroblast, up from 10%.
  • Pyroblast damage and SP scaling reduced by ~5%.

Frost
  • Frostbolt damage and SP scaling reduced by 7%.

Monk (Forums)

Brewmaster

Mistweaver

Windwalker

Windwalker & Mistweaver
  • Tiger Strikes now grants a 8% chance to gain Tiger Strikes when you autoattack, down from 10%.

Paladin (Forums)
Protection

Protection & Retribution

Priest (Forums)

Holy

Shadow

Rogue (Forums)

Assassination
  • Dispatch now does 450% weapon damage, down from 520%. Additional damage reduced by 26%.
  • Venomous Wounds damage reduced by 8%.

Combat
  • Killing Spree now increases all damage done by 50% for the duration, down from 100%.
  • Revealing Strike now does 135% weapon damage, down from 150%.

Shaman (Forums)

Elemental & Restoration

Enhancement
  • Windfury Weapon now has a chance of triggering three extra attacks with 8,550 bonus attack power, down from 17,100.

Warlock (Forums)
Talents

Demonology

Pets
  • Legion Strike now does 130% of the Felguard's weapon damage, up from 125%.
  • Shadow Bite is now an instant cast, down from .6 sec.

Warrior (Forums)
  • Cleave now does 82% weapon damage, up from 75%.
  • Execute now has 325% AP scaling, down from 406%.
  • Heroic Strike now does 110% weapon damage, up from 100%. Damage increased by 10%.
  • Raging Blow now does 220% weapon damage, up from 180%.
  • Thunder Clap damage and AP scaling reduced by 17%.

Arms
  • Overpower now does 130% weapon damage, up from 100%.

Fury
  • Raging Blow now does 220% weapon damage, up from 180%.
  • Wild Strike now does 245% weapon damage, up from 230%. Damage increased by 6%.

Protection
  • Revenge damage reduced by 37%. AP scaling reduced by 25%.

Professions
Alchemy
  • Master Mana Potion Reagents: Crystal Vial, Golden Lotus. 2), Snow Lily, Green Tea Leaf, Fool's Cap.

Engineering
  • Synapse Springs Permanently attaches synapse springs to your gloves, allowing you to increase your highest primary statistic by 2,940 for 10 sec. 1,920 for 10 sec.

Raid & Dungeon Abilities
  • Discharge Inflicts 35,625 Inflicts 32,062 Arcane damage to all enemies.
  • Radiating Energies Inflicts 19,000 Inflicts 16,625 Arcane damage to all players inside the Energy Vortex.
  • Rising Hate Projects Sha energy at several targets, inflicting 15,000 8,000 Shadow damage and increasing their hatred.
  • Sha Residue Inflicts Shadow damage to all targets within 5 yards over 30 sec. 60 sec.
  • Shadow Bolt Limited to 1 target.
  • Stability Flux Low on health, the Celestial Protector pulses arcane energy, inflicting 23,750 21,375 Arcane damage to all enemies.
  • Total Annihilation Inflicts 219,375 Inflicts 195,000 Arcane damage to all enemies in area.
  • Unstable Energy Inflicts 19,000 Inflicts 17,100 Arcane damage to all enemies.
by Published on 2012-08-16 06:41 PM

Don't miss the Mists of Pandaria Cinematic Trailer and All Races in Patch 5.0.4 Announcement!

Mists of Pandaria Beta - Build 15983
A new beta build will be deployed on beta realms soon.

Achievement Changes
Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
Collect
Pet Battles

General
Guild



Set Bonus Changes
Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
Druid (Forums / Skills)

Monk (Forums / Skills)



New Items
You can see all of the new items on WowDB.

Level Type Slot Name Dropped In Dropped From
489MiscellaneousFinger Band of Bursting NovasMogu'shan VaultsElegon
502MiscellaneousFinger Band of Bursting NovasMogu'shan VaultsElegon
476MiscellaneousFinger Band of Bursting NovasMogu'shan VaultsElegon
476ClothWaist Galaxyfire GirdleMogu'shan VaultsElegon
489ClothWaist Galaxyfire GirdleMogu'shan VaultsElegon
502ClothWaist Galaxyfire GirdleMogu'shan VaultsElegon
502PlateHead Crown of Keening StarsMogu'shan VaultsElegon
489PlateHead Crown of Keening StarsMogu'shan VaultsElegon
476PlateHead Crown of Keening StarsMogu'shan VaultsElegon


Item Changes

Spell Changes
Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
Death Knight (Forums)
  • Blood Plague damage and AP scaling increased by 61%.
  • Frost Fever AP scaling increased by 61%. Damage increased by 1444%.

Blood
  • Crimson Scourge now increases the damage dealt by your Blood Boil by 20%, down from 40%.

Frost
  • Icy Talons now grants 35% melee attack speed, up from 20%.

Druid (Forums)
  • Mangle now does 280% weapon damage, up from 250%.
  • Rake damage increased by 23%.
  • Wrath damage increased by 12% and SP scaling (111.6% of SP) added.

Talents

Balance

Balance & Restoration

Restoration

Hunter (Forums)

Marksmanship

Survival

Mage (Forums)
Arcane

Fire
  • Combustion damage increased by ~200% and SP scaling (300%) added.
  • Inferno Blast damage and SP scaling increased by 30%.

Frost
  • Frozen Orb damage increased to 678 + 51.1% of SP, up from 77 + 5.8% of SP.

Paladin (Forums)

Protection

Retribution
  • Templar's Verdict weapon damage increased to 275%, up from 250%. Damage increased by 21%.

Priest (Forums)
Shadow
  • Mind Blast damage and SP scaling increased by 25%.

Rogue (Forums)

Talents

Assassination
  • Dispatch weapon damage increased to 520%, up from 350%. Additional damage increased by 120%.

Combat
  • Killing Spree now increases all damage done by 100% for the duration, up from 20%.

Shaman (Forums)

Elemental & Restoration
  • Lava Burst damage and SP scaling increased by 16%.

Enhancement

Warlock (Forums)

Talents

Affliction
  • Haunt damage and SP scaling increased by 50%.

Demonology
  • Soul Fire damage and SP scaling increased by 24%.

Destruction
  • Conflagrate damage increased by 50% and 150% SP scaling added.
  • Immolate damage and SP scaling increased by 24%.

Warrior (Forums)
Arms
  • Mortal Strike now does 195% weapon damage, up from 150%. Additional damage increased by 67%.
  • Slam now does 225% weapon damage, up from 200%. Additional damage increased by 26%.

Fury
  • Bloodthirst now does 120% weapon damage, up from 80%. Additional damage increased by 125%.

Protection
  • Devastate now does 220% weapon damage, up from 180%. Additional damage increased by 123%.
  • Shield Slam damage and AP scaling increased by 10%.

Professions
Blacksmithing

Enchanting
  • Enchant Weapon - River's Song Permanently enchants a melee weapon to sometimes increase your dodge by 1,650 for 12 7 sec when dealing melee damage.

Engineering
  • Blingtron 4000 Reagents: Living Steel (6), Trillium Bar (6), Ghost Iron Bar (12), Pandarian Garnet (10), Wild Jade (2), Spirit of Harmony (4). 4), Trillium Bar (4), Ghost Iron Bar (4), Vermilion Onyx (4), Wild Jade (4), Spirit of Harmony (4).
  • Long-Range Trillium Sniper Reagents: Trillium Bar (12), Hair Trigger, Walnut Stock Spirit of Harmony, Lord Blastington's Scope of Doom.
  • Lord Blastington's Scope of Doom Reagents: Ghost Iron Bolts (10), Primordial Ruby (2), Trillium Bar. 18), Primordial Ruby (2), Spirit of Harmony.
  • Wormhole Generator: Pandaria Reagents: Trillium Bar (12). Spirit of Harmony (2).

Jewelcrafting
  • Ornate Band Reagents: Jeweler's Setting, Lapis Lazuli (4), Tiger Opal, Sunstone. Tiger Opal, Sunstone.

Raid & Dungeon Abilities
  • Arcane Blast Each time you cast Arcane Blast, the damage of all Arcane spells is increased by 20% 22% and mana cost of Arcane Blast is increased by 125%.
  • Black Cleave Inflicts 110% Inflicts 100% weapon damage to an enemy and its nearest allies, affecting up to 3 targets.
  • Grasping Energy Tendrils 3 sec cooldown.
  • Living Amethyst The energy that animates the amethyst quilen rips though your body, inflicting (7,500 8,500 + 10.0% of SP) Shadow damage every 1 sec.
  • Living Cobalt The energy that animates the cobalt quilen rips though your body, inflicting (7,500 8,500 + 10.0% of SP) Arcane damage every 1 sec.
  • Living Jade The energy that animates the jade quilen rips though your body, inflicting (7,500 8,500 + 10.0% of SP) Nature damage every 1 sec.
  • Living Jasper The energy that animates the jasper quilen rips though your body, inflicting (7,500 8,500 + 10.0% of SP) Fire damage every 1 sec.
  • Pheromones Every 2 seconds, Pheromones inflicts 30,000 20,000 Nature damage to allies within 300 yards and increases damage dealt by Pheromones by 10% for 2 min.
  • Rend Flesh Rends the flesh of the target, causing 34,375 36,650 Physical damage every 1 sec.
  • Scary Fog Coalesced Sha energy surrounds you, inflicting 7,500 Shadow damage every 2 sec. 6,000 Shadow damage every 1 sec. In addition, players and enemies near you take 7% 10% more damage from all sources. Lasts 60 sec. Lasts 35 sec.
  • Shadow Bolt 1.2 1.3 sec cast.
  • Spiritual Grasp Inflicts 32,400 Inflicts 40,500 Shadow damage to the target.
  • Spray Water bursts from the ground at an enemy's feet, inflicting 101,250 135,000 Frost damage to all enemies within 2.5 yds and increasing their Frost damage taken by 11% for 10 sec. 12% for 10 sec.
  • Titan Gas Titan Gas fills the room, dealing 16,000 17,000 Frost damage every 1 seconds to all players and energizing any constructs, increasing damage dealt by 0% and attack speed by 25%.
  • Touch of Nalak'sha Imbued with the energy from the Engine of Nalak'sha, increasing damage inflicted by 150% and causes melee attacks to inflict Arcane damage to all targets within 30 yards for 15 sec. 10 sec.



Strings Changes
Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
  • DUNGEON_FLOOR_GILNEAS_TERRAIN22 - Main Floor
  • DUNGEON_FLOOR_GILNEAS_TERRAIN23 - Upper Floor
  • DUNGEON_FLOOR_GILNEAS2 - Main Floor
  • DUNGEON_FLOOR_GILNEAS3 - Upper Floor
by Published on 2012-08-16 05:16 PM

All Races Available in Patch 5.0.4
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
With the release of patch 5.0.4, we’re making all the races of Azeroth playable by anyone, no matter which version or expansion of World of Warcraft they own. This includes the enigmatic pandaren, who will become available for play when Mists of Pandaria is released on Tuesday, September 25. We want the entire World of Warcraft community to be able to embrace their inner goblin, blood elf, worgen, draenei, or pandaren from the moment they step foot into the world of Azeroth.

Now, the only hard part will be choosing a name. Who will you be next?

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
I've seen some confusion about when pandaren character creation will be accessible.

Just to be clear on the announcement, we're making it possible for people to create a character of any race, regardless of what expansions you've purchased. So if you only have the original game (which now has The Burning Crusade included), when patch 5.0.4 hits you'll be able to create goblin and worgen characters as well. And, once Mists of Pandaria is released, you'll be able to create pandaren characters, regardless of whether or not you own Mists of Pandaria.

So it says all races, what about though all classes? Just because Pandaren become available for play regardless if you have MoP or not, does this include the new monk class?
No, you'll need to upgrade your World of Warcraft license to Mists of Pandaria in order to unlock the monk class. The same is true for leveling from 85-90 and gaining access to the continent of Pandaria.
by Published on 2012-08-16 05:16 AM

1.0.4 Class Preview: Wizard, At Least 50 Procs Being Added, Class Previews are Previews, North American Battle.net Account Update

Reminder: Mists of Pandaria Cinematic Release
Don't forget that the Mists of Pandaria Cinematic will be released on August 16, shortly after 14:00 CEST / 8:00 AM EST / 5:00 AM PST! The cinematic will be played and video uploaded for everyone to see shortly after the drumming group performance is complete. The only hint we have received so far is Zarhym's tweet describing it as "Grounded".



Druid Travel Form Update
The new Druid Travel form got a few updates this week, with some animations for dancing, grazing, cowering, sitting, sleeping, a mountspecial, and tweaked walking animation.





North American Battle.net Account Update
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
The following instructions are intended for players on North American servers only. As a precaution following our recent security update, players on North American servers please take a moment to visit Battle.net account management, where you will be prompted to change your security question as well as update your Mobile Authenticator. There you’ll also find helpful tips and an FAQ, as well as instructions on how to add additional layers of security to your account, including the Battle.net Authenticator or the Mobile Authenticator for those that aren’t already using one. Note that only players on North American servers will receive the prompt to change their security question.

Mists of Pandaria Gamescom Trailers
A few new trailers were released at Gamescom today, building up to the release of the cinematic tomorrow!

Dungeons, Raids, and Battlegrounds Trailer



Zones Trailer



Scenarios Trailer



Monk Trailer



Beta Class Balance Analysis
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
A new beta build is going up soon that has damage nerfs for many classes and specs in order to hit our target goals. Predictably, this has led to many posts of what I would generously characterize as light on useful feedback.

Here is how to prevent your posts from falling on deaf developer ears:

  • Tell us how much damage you were doing before.
  • Tell us how much damage you are doing now.
  • Tell us how much damage you think you should be doing.
  • Tell us who is beating you.

Will tanks be encouraged to get to the parry cap for expertise?

Unless there were changes to bosses, while melee DPS classes do not need to hit parry cap, as bosses can't parry from behind, tanks do not have that luxury. While I can appreciate needing hit and expertise (especially when I remember successfully running raids in Wrath of the Lich King with less than 1% hit rating), it seems like a lot of stats to ensure that our active mitigation abilities are able to hit.

Our general philosophy is that you should want hit and expertise to make your resource-generating attacks hit (paladin example: Crusader Strike) but not to have your active mitigation abilities work (paladin example: Shield of the Righteous). Probably the right call is to have the damage portion of SotR miss but always get the defensive benefit in the way Shield Block always works. This one-size-fits-all strategy might not work for every ability, because Death Strike is just such a different model than Shield of the Righteous, but that's out general philosophy.

Do you have an updated list of what you consider tuned or not? That post a few days ago was very useful and after the recent changes it would be nice to see what is considered tuned and what isn't.
I do. The problem is that A) even with this recent build, our changes are still ahead of yours, so what I say may not make sense without the full context of every change, B) it seems like the majority of players (though not all) worried about their damage are basing their concerns on the Simcraft work (typically done by other players) and not actual damage tests from beta. We understand that everyone is very concerned about their own DPS, but at the risk of sounding like a broken record, we can't easily tell if it's the sim or the in-game damage that is off. (Though again, part of the purpose of this thread is to help improve the sims, and the new test dummies should help that process as well.)

Internally, Windwalkers and Frost mages are a little high (though Frost is even more RNG than Fire now so it takes a large sample size to determine this) and Shadow and Unholy (and maybe SMF Fury) may be slightly low. Tank single target is tuned, though AE is not, and healer DPS is not tuned.

Overall, damage in the current beta build (the one most players are discussing) is a little lower than damage in our current beta build, so the good news is that many classes will see buffs next time around.

Current simcraft of all classes. http://simulationcraft.org/504/Raid_T14H.html

Currently maining a shadow priest, and don't see why further nerfs were needed considering we were still only at 108k before these recent nerfs. But that's just my little complaint of the day.

I'll post this and let the topic lie for a bit, because I'm sure everyone is sick of reading it. We can't buff and nerf actual class numbers based on posts like this unless the sims are very accurate. Do you feel comfortable making that claim? If not, is there some contribution you can make to improving the sims?

The latest sims don't look promising: www.simulationcraft.org/504/Raid_T14H
We're just going to delete posts like this going forward. No offense intended, but it's a long thread already and we need to improve the signal to noise ratio.

If you have information that will improve the sims, have questions about the sims, or can help demonstrate where the sims do or do not mirror actual numbers on beta, then those are potentially great posts.

Harken back to the very first post in the thread, which says:

First and foremost, as a ground rule let’s keep this one thread free of pleas about ability feedback, DPS being too low or other subjective declarations. This thread should be about information sharing. If you aren’t a theorycrafter, this thread may not be for you.

Hunter (Forums / Skills)
Wasn't Dire beast on a gcd before? I got on the beta and it seems to begin to trigger a gcd when I use it but It cancels the gcd and I am able to use other abilities immediately. Is this intended?
Dire Beast is supposed to be on the GCD. We are seeing the weird self-cancelling GCD bug as well though.

Paladin (Forums / Skills)
Quick question GC. The recent built that nerfed Light of Dawn. Was there a particular reason for that outside of the possibility you guys thought it was too strong? I'm just curious for that nerf to me seemed out of the blue considering it has a potential long ramp up time outside of cd's like Holy Avenger and if it has a faster ramp up time it usualyl costs a hefty amount of mana.
We were seeing a strategy in some heroic raids of Crusader Strike, Holy Shock, Crusader Strike -> Light of Dawn that took almost no mana and was very effective. We want Light of Dawn to be a good button (we didn't like using Holy Radiance and ignoring Light of Dawn when the going got tough) but we want paladins to use cast time heals too. As a consequence of this, we also made Crusader Strike cost much more mana for Holy. Using CS should be an option, not the only viable way to heal.

Class Blue Posts
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Druid (Forums / Skills)
Beta Balance Druid Changes
There were two problems. Balance druid DPS was high, not even considering DoC. Second, DoC was too much of a DPS increase. Some players attached themselves to the story that DoC caused them to get nerfed, but that wasn't what happened.

We changed the set bonus to 2 seconds. That means 14 sec without the set bonus and 16 sec with the set bonus. We won't keep offering that set every tier.

You should not be 20K DPS behind mages. We also aren't seeing that.

Before DoC was nerfed, it was the clear choice for that talent "tier". With the current dmg set at 50%, will this bering it down enough to where it won't be the obvious choice over NV.
With the current data, we believe all 3 talents are pretty close. Heart of the Wild is slightly high compared to the others since you can't control the timing. You can use a cooldown exactly when you need it, which means overall it's probably going to let you tune damage better. That's why we left Heart of the Wild a little high.

If you think they aren't the same though, please let us know. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Paladin (Forums / Skills)
Beta Retribution Feedback
now we will be doing 70k dps for 1 min 40 secs then 175k dps for 20 secs (rince and repeat)... that's prety shame
Are these real numbers or just something made up?

That does not follow. All it means is that they'd like a consistent baseline for our tests, and that this is one that everyone can manage without any trouble.
Yes. The PvP gear is on a vendor available for gold.

You guys do your job some of the time right? Pretty sure you should know what the numbers are....Being sarcastic as usual? You must think the DPS is fine, but are you basing our dps around our CDs? The concern is sustained damage.
So if you're concerned about the delta between your burst and sustained damage, why don't you make a post saying "I believe that our sustained damage is X and our burst is Y, so my concern is that our DPS is only Z when our cooldowns are down?"

Maybe you could just come clean and tell us what the numbers you have are. Because I'm sure a lot of us are tired of doing your job for you, we just get called liars anyway
Balancing the game is our responsibility, and is a task which we are comfortable doing. However, we understand that many players want to be able to contribute to the process or at least offer their feedback, so we thought we'd make it easy for you to have a forum where you know we'll see your opinions and concerns. We totally understand that doing rigorous testing is not trivial. We totally understand that many of you may not have the inclination or time to make that kind of commitment. Honestly, we're not asking you to. However, if you are interested in doing so (and historically many players are), here is place to communicate your results. Comparing those to ours is beneficial for us. It does catch bugs and design problems. But we consider it all bonus information -- we're not depending on it to do our jobs.

Don't confuse our providing a spot for conversation with our asking you to design the game for us. It's not responsible for us to make number changes based on hunches or suspicions that your DPS is too low. You're welcome to still make those claims, and we'll investigate them, but if you're still not sold, then the burden of proof is on you to convince us of the fact that something is wrong. It's not going to work out well if we have to convince the community to let us design or balance the game as we see fit.

Seems like most of these parses are around the 40-50 k range. Which isnt much better than live.
Well, you're comparing ungemmed and unenchanted PvP gear to (I presume) final tier heroic raid gear. We recommended that particular gear setup because it was easy to acquire, not because we think it's representative of what players will actually have.

You need a lot of combat ratings to make up for the drop that occurs every time you level up. Once you start getting raiding gear again, your DPS will be much higher than it is today. Furthermore, a level 85 player after the 4.0 patch should also not see their DPS decline, provided they modify their rotations to account for design changes. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Beta Retribution Changes Feedback
Yeah, too bad they stripped another 15%wpn off Crusader Strike in this build. Do the developers even play this game? Never mind Ret at this point, we'll be sitting. I wonder if Prot will even be able to hold aggro by the time they're done.
If you want us to take anything from this thread, tell us how much damage you were doing before, how much damage you're doing now, and how much damage you think you should be doing. Making a "I don't like it when my number goes down" post isn't super helpful to anyone.

We will continue to lock or delete threads that just come across as whining. There are plenty of other places on the internet to do that.
(Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Priest (Forums / Skills)
Shadow Priest Feedback
I'm done trying to bring attention to the issues with Shadow in a PvE setting with yet another round of nerfs. I guess I need to pick a new main for Mists as I have provided evidence of the issues with Shadow and the numbers we are putting out. I would like to know why we continue to get nerfed over and over again.

How can you justify yourselves? Why are you constantly nerfing us? Have you changed around how a Spriest is supposed to play and feel so much that you completely forgot what to do with us? You say bring the player not the class correct? How do you expect me to take comfort in this motto you want to live up to when the class is imbalanced? How can we enjoy ourselves if we are so lackluster?

So far, since priests are just garbage class now, I'll turn my legendary raider into a farmer and Rper. So sad to see this but, he's not raid worthy when 5.0 comes out.
These are not helpful posts. Every time we have to read posts like this is time we are not spending working on the game. Please don't use this forum to vent. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Spirit Shell
The biggest challenge Disc has currently is learning how to use Spirit Shell effectively. You can simply use it on CD on some fights, or use it on CD and pad a tank. SShell will shine particularly after we learn the fights and understand the damage patterns. Its the same as prepping a raid/group with POH/DAs prior to big damage coming out. (or PWS Spam in the WOTLK days). You just get to do it via cast/SShell and its ALL absorb. Learn the fight. Prepare for damage. Mitigate. --- that is Disc. It is arguably the most proactive>reactive healer in the game.
Well said. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Warrior (Forums / Skills)
Second Wind Feedback
Second Wind is really powerful in duels. We don't balance all of our PvP around duels however. Outside of duels, it feels like a coordinated team should have no trouble overcoming the heal, especially considering that many execute abilities also come into play during the time Second Wind is beneficial. It is one of those abilities that is really hard to put a number on, compared to an ability with a duration of X and a cooldown of Y. In a contrived situation, Second Wind could account for 300% of your total health in healing. Who wouldn't take that talent? But it's more likely to be far less.

What will be most telling is if every PvP warrior ends up taking Second Wind. Then we'll know it's too good, or at least too good relative to other talent points on that tier.

IMO, this topic is best served discussing Second Wind, not "I wish my execute hit harder."

This. Second Wind has few counters other than raw damage, so we are free to state that our supposed counters to it are weak.
You're free to state anything you want (within forum guidelines). You're also free to ignore my opinions. Understand however that that strategy is less likely to get us to change our minds.

The reason I believe that steering a discussion of Second Wind towards your own executes is counterproductive is that we believe the counter for a player being tough to kill in PvP should be to coordinate with your teammates, not that you can individually hit so hard that you blow them up no matter what. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Execute Feedback
Someone made a post on EJ asking about warriors switching to SMF for Execute phases. This is a valid concern since it just requires weapon swapping now. I personally like the idea (I like abuseable stuff), but I can see it's not intended. Maybe turn SMF and TG into a out of combat toggle mode or something like that?
We are going to use the same solution we did for Frost DKs, which is that a weapon swap will prevent the passive bonus for applying for 30 sec or so. In this case, if you switched to SMF for Execute, you wouldn't benefit from the SMF bonus for a long enough time that it's probably not worth it. There are very few legitimate cases where a warrior would want to switch from TG to SMF in the middle of an encounter.

All three of those recent Execute parses have a very high crit rate. I assume you were just getting lucky (or unlucky as it were if you're trying to demonstrate that Execute does too much damage) or had popped Recklessness.

In any case, we don't think it's a problem. I haven't seen a compelling argument for why it's bad design to do a lot more damage during Execute. It's still around 10-12% of total damage even for the very lucky parses, so it's not like Execute accounts for half your damage. Even a warrior who forgot to Execute would do decent damage. Once in awhile we do a boss that stops fighting at 10% health or something, but we also do bosses that start wounded.

Warriors (some at least) want smaller executes and paladins and priests want larger ones. We like the classes being different. We think that's ultimately better for the game. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Posts
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Pandaren Race Changes
Quick question, will people be able to race change to Pandarians Day 1 or will it be a few weeks later?
You'll be able to change on day one. (Twitter)

Pet Battle Healing Changes
A few updates:
  • The bandage drop rate from Battle Pet Tamer quests has been increased significantly.
  • The number of bandages dropped has been doubled.
  • The stack limit has been increased to 10.
  • We have reduced the cooldown on Revive Battle Pets to 8m.

We will be watching the cooldown feedback at this new value but we think that combined with the bandage drop rates, most players will be happy with the results. The increased chance at bandages are a great way to supplement any extra healing you may need while the heal is on cooldown. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Greater Pet Family Ability Diversity Needed
We will be adding more diversity as we progress through the patches, it's something we know about it. You have to remember that most of the critters in the world were animals. We added as many new pets as we could without disrupting the general feel of the world. There is a unique pet in almost every zone in the game now. We took care to try and make these pets fit in the different family's. (undead, dragonkin, aquatic, elemental etc.)

This is just the beginning, we will be supporting the system with new updates every single patch. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Duplicate Pet Restrictions
The only pets that are flagged as unique are in the categories listed below. This can of course change at any time, but this is what we are looking at for MoP release currently.

  • Achievement Pets
  • Blizzard Pet Store Pets
  • Promotional Pets
  • Guild Pets

Everything else will be allowed up to 3x of the same pet. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

LFR Feedback
I was forced to run it 12 times for my 4th set piece that never wanted to drop on 10 man Hagara. I hated every second of it.
Forced by who?

Note that for heroic progress, this tier, we needed to get our tanks the four set bonuses to be even remotely able to compete with other guilds at our levels - getting extra raid cooldowns without altering our setups, that's just impossible to pass up. But if we were unlucky and never saw that fourth protector token for our warrior? Yea, screwed. If we'd had a blood Dk and a feral druid tank, we'd have needed *two* sets of vanq tokens.
Right, and would you have felt better if those guilds you were competing against progressed over you, just because the "RNG gods" decided to not give you those items missing to complete the 4 piece bonus?

In that case you would just accept that the other guild is more skilled than you and deserving of the higher realm rank because their loot was there before yours?

I keep reading all these downsides about LFR, yet I don't see many posts about the positives it brings.

A CM who doesn't understand peer pressure.

You want to stay in your high end guild? You do that soul draining LFR, week after week. You don't want to it? *kicked for someone who will* That, is forced.

Just a crazy thought: How about leaving that guild if you don't like that pressure, and join one that suits better your playstyle?

The main point here I believe was, whether you get lucky or not, you are still forced to run the LFR in hopes of better loot. Because doing it gives you the better chance of getting lucky than not doing it.
Have you never run heroics when you were raiding in hopes of upgrading that lingering green/blue item to something better? Once you were raid ready but having greens/blues you stopped entering Heroic dungeons? Because in that perspective, I think LFR would be positive as it gives you just another venue to try and upgrade those items while you wait for the one you truly want to drop, right?

Yes yes, the fights are easier, the gear is crappier, but I don't care. LFR does for me exactly what I want it to.
Then you might be interested in knowing that in Mists of Pandaria, the initial raids will be divided in 5 for the LFR: 2 sections for Mogu'shan Vaults, another 2 for Heart of Fear, and a single one for Terrace of Endless Spring. That will probably help you deciding which ones you need/want to hit first once they're all available.

There should be no incentive for heroic level players to run LFR, since LFR is not aimed at this demographic. And as mentioned above your post, the chances of you winning something in LFR increases slightly if you actually are present in that LFR, so you have to run it.
And since LFR and Heroic will be opening at the same time, it's likely that those Heroic level players will prefer to run Heroic for the progression rather than LFR where, due to personal loot, they might get just inferior items to what they have. Remember, there's a new loot system coming to the Raid Finder in Mists of Pandaria, so the "gaming" that was done on the LFR by the hardcore guilds after the release of Dragon Soul is not going to happen.

With LFR, this can be bumped up to completing every single tier set for your entire raid in a single week, if you take 25 alts, clear the entire LFR, and then bring in one main and clear it again - only the main will be eligible for loot now.
This won't be possible with personal loot. You can't trade the items you get... (as it was explained on the blog some time ago).

Reward comes after effort. When reward is guaranteed, its no longer a game. Its a chore with an added bonus of waiting a while to beat the other 24 players on the loot roll.
You're not getting any rewards if the boss doesn't die, so, the reward isn't guaranteed. Sure, you may feel the chance of failure is much lower than in a normal raid, but still, it's a possibility and sometimes it does happen.

World first guild just took all RNG out of the equation by doing LFR like 100 times first week,
thats totaly a good solution isnt it?

It won't be possible on Mists of Pandaria, as I've mentioned before.

However the problem everyone is talking about isnt so much the fact that it gives loot to people who arent willing/can play alot, it is the fact that the people who do wanna play on a high lvl are forced (by their guilds and themselves) to do EVERYTHING POSIBLE to be as good as they can be.
Aren't those players supposed to do everything possible to perform at the highest level? Those players will actually even pick professions and items from those professions that net them a dps increase, even if it's incredibly marginal (saronite bombs during Wrath of the Lich King come to mind).

That's because there aren't very many positives, and the cons of this feature far and away outweighs the pros, imo.
I'm talking about raiders here, not the "casual" crowd (as that seems to be the label used on this thread), and there're benefits from running the LFR:
-More chances at loot that may increase your raid performance -> benefit for your raid team.
-More raid content to do outside your weekly lock, if so you wish.
-Raid content where you can actually test your off-spec or bring an alt knowing that you won't be dragging the rest of your guildmates, and even try to perfect your rotations in a real raiding environment.

Did it not occur to you I like this guild, and I'm in this guild because I enjoy doing heroic modes competitively, not because I enjoy doing LFR? I'm supposed to leave it because of LFR? Wow!

You consistently remove things from the game that force raiders to go for upgrades in channels they wouldn't usually. 25 mans doing 10 mans for example. Now you are completely bending this the other way for no real logical reason, saying raiders should do more.

So, you enjoy playing competitively, yet you won't use every possible resource available to get an edge over your competition?

They might not get disregarded, but they are met with a cocky attitude on the forums by the representative. That's what's making it so hard to have a normal conversation...Like the "leave your guild" ludicrous remark.
I don't see how the "leave your guild" remark is any different in this context than when it is said to casual players that say the debuff is useful for them because they can't progress without it, and they're replied with a "leave your guild and join a better one"...

Why is that argument valid only in one direction?

Yeah..kinda a low blow to just flat out say leave your guild if you don't like it. I have to wonder whether the blues actually play the game. Maybe they just say they do because them saying "I don't play" looks bad.
We do, and in my book I have this note that says: "Don't do something you don't enjoy". I'm just that weird.

It's an aggressive non respectful way of posting, which quite frankly I've not seen in all these years yet. The only one that came close was Aeus, and usually there was just a hint of cynicism in there.
I'm just typing text. It's up to the reader to put the tone and intention of my words. But one thing is for certain: I'm neither aggressive nor disrespectful on my vocabulary. If we start interpreting in which tone the words of particular posters (be it blue, green or white) are written, then there's no way the discussion is going to get anywhere, as there'll be the assumption that this particular individual is writing from *this* perspective (which in my case is certainly not true).

Pros:
  • New content to do outside of raid lockouts.
  • Introduces new players to raid content, allowing them to experience it.
  • Raid content where you can actually test your off-spec or bring an alt knowing that you won't be dragging the rest of your guildmates.

Cons:
  • Content is a watered down version of its superior normal and hc modes.
  • The LFR content causes players to be burned out and sick of the raids before even getting into normals/heroics due to having to farm gear.
  • LFR is part of the progression curve, forcing players to run the same raid three times over in the same progression cycle.
  • Does not force players to improve in order to succeed.
  • New players/casual players will not experience the content as its best quality.
  • Very undertuned raid instance where a lot of tactics can be completely ignored, resulting in a steamroll tactic for almost every boss, with the exclusion of tanks needing to babysit everyone else.

This is the kind of post that is actually useful for everyone.

I mean, whatever gives insight into what you're thinking that goes beyond "X doesn't deserve this" or "I don't like this" is good. Not just for us as something that can be used as feedback, but also for that other part of the community that may not understand what doesn't sit right with you.

There is no progression of play within LFR. You blast through all of the content in a week and are done with it regardless of how much time you have or the amount of skill you have.
For normal/Heroic raiders this is most likely true. However, for MoP, casual raiders will face a different prospect. First, because Mogu'shan Vaults has a lower item level requirement than Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring, and second, because those players will need that LFR gear to jump into the next. So unless they're extremely lucky and get *everything* they need in a single reset, they'll have a reason (the same reason than raiders do once they've beaten the content) to go back and keep running it.

That may be a niave point of view, but at the moment, LFR is little more than loot pinatas in which you go in, kill the boss and then loot roll with the emphasis being on the loot roll rather than the killing of the boss. And it doesnt give any incentive to become a 'better player' or progress futher with their game.
There're two things to consider there:
-What may be extremely simple for experienced raiders may actually be difficult to adapt to for a completely new player that gets into raiding.
-Perhaps those players don't have the will to progress further and become "better raiders", and they just want to be able to experience that content without investing additional time in becoming "better".

If I'm in a somewhat competitive guild at the moment, with players I have known for years and that I truly enjoy playing with I have 2 options:
1) Run LFR, something I really hate doing.
2) Leave the guild and leave behind the players I have known for years and truly enjoy playing with.

There's a third: Skip LFR and run the raid without that gear. It's not required for you to progress through it. Dragon Soul was not balanced around the assumption of players being LFR geared.

You may feel set bonuses are too important to pass on, but if you're progressing slowly through normal mode, it's likely you'll complete at least the most important ones before hitting Heroic, right?

In LFR you barely speak to eachother, last LFR I played I saw one word and that was at hagara, "RESS".
You can run LFR with your friends if you wish to. Actually, that makes for quite an enjoyable experience as it's usually a good time for jokes and a more relaxed environment than during progression nights. Not pretending that it's the perfect solution, but hey, it may help if you definitely need to visit LFR and hate the lack of communication with others. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Raid DPS Test Dummies
As many of you have discovered, we were able to get most of this working without a new beta build.

We (and you) found a few bugs:

  • The dummies can parry from behind. This may require a server restart to fix.
  • The Windwalker food buff should now give you Agi instead of Int. This may require a server restart to fix.
  • Dropping combat (e.g. Vanish) should no longer cause them to regen health. You may need to kill a wounded dummy in order to get a fresh one. This may require a server restart to fix.
  • The buffs they give you should no longer break stealth. This may require a server restart to fix.
  • The buffs and debuffs seem to be working, but you can't see them. This will require a new build to fix.

The dummies appear to despawn whenever a new build is pushed. They should be back up now and we will try to keep them active.(Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Bring Back Skirmishes in Mists of Pandaria
It's like the blue post made a(n) (almost final) statement-but doesn't wanna discuss it further.
The comment "it’s very unlikely that Skirmishes will ever be brought back" is not us saying it is never going to happen; it’s just a statement that it is highly unlikely. Also, don't take my lack of additional responses as this discussion being dead and over. My lack of responses to the questions and comments here is because at this moment, we don’t have the answers on hand, but will provide a response as soon as is possible. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Trading Card Game Art Update
The Trading Card Game art gallery has been updated to feature ten new pieces.



Site Navigation