Gamescom Dev Interview - Warlords of Draenor Final Boss, Legendary Items, Transmog Revamp
Our friends over at Vanion
had the chance to talk to Tom Chilton during Gamescom and came away with some interesting details. The highlights of the interview are below, but be sure to watch the whole thing for additional context.
- Grommash is the final boss of Warlords of Draenor.
Future Content Patches
- Warlords of Draenor will have a questline for a legendary ring that begins at level 99 and is less grindy than the Mists of Pandaria quests.
- The legendary ring will have a visual effect so that players can show it off.
- It is very likely that there will be legendary items other than the ring from the questline.
Warlords Patch Timing
- A transmogrification system revamp could be part of Patch 6.1 or 6.2, allowing you to build a collection of transmog items rather than storing them in your bank or Void Storage. It also may include tools to better manage multiple transmog sets.
- Tanaan Jungle and possibly Farahlon will be in future content patches, not at launch.
- Additional dungeons could be added in content patches. There are more dungeons within Draenor that could be added, as well as older dungeons through the Timewalker system.
- There aren't any class quests planned for Warlords launch right now, but if one fits later in the expansion it could be added.
- The length of time beyond Patch 6.1 that you are unable to fly in Draenor will be decided upon by the community as a whole. If players enjoy it then it could last longer. If players overwhelming want flight back by Patch 6.1, then they will most likely get it.
- The Warlords patch cycle will be similar to the Mists of Pandaria patch cycle, but some of it will depend on the timing of the next expansion.
- "Some of it will depend on the time before the next expansion after Warlords. It is very possible that if we are successful and there is a shorter gap, then we won't necessarily want to have multiple raid tier content patches. Each raid content patch needs about four months to breathe. Any less than that and it feels like you really rushed through the content."
- The content patch schedule isn't finalized yet, as a lot of it depends on what players want to see more of once they get through the launch content. Some of it will depend on the scheduling for the next expansion.
- The team would like to add the new Nagrand arena as a new arena, but this isn't final yet. It depends on how work on the next expansion is progressing.
- There are no plans to add a new battleground in Warlords of Draenor.
- Garrisons ended up involving all of the different teams and will be a big feature, changing the gameplay of WoW more than any other feature has.
- More Garrison features or levels are something that could be done in a future content patch.
- The Adventure Guide won't make it in for the Warlords launch. It will be useful as more content is added after launch, so hopefully it will be ready for a future content patch.
- The World of Warcraft team grew by around 80 people during Mists of Pandaria, which should allow them to produce content faster in the future. This did slow things down in the short term though, which contributed to the delay of Warlords of Draenor.
- There aren't any scenarios for you to queue for at Level 100 in Warlords right now, but some could be added in future patches. Right now they are mostly used as a storytelling tool while leveling.
- Warforged items can appear in dungeons now as a nice bonus.