Classic Servers: There will be no update on Classic Servers at BlizzCon.
Patch 7.1 Live This Week
Patch 7.1 goes live this week! It brings the Karazhan dungeon, Trial of Valor raid, a continuation of the Suramar story, new pets, mounts, achievements and much more! Keep in mind that Trial of Valor will not be open for another two weeks
Karazhan - Mythic Dungeon
We will Return to Karazhan
in Patch 7.1! An updated version of Karazhan with some new encounters has been added as a Mythic dungeon. Don't worry though, the old version of Karazhan is sticking around so you can keep trying for Fiery Warhorse's Reins
Karazhan Exterior Updated
The Legion is invading the area of Deadwind Pass around Karazhan.
Blood of Sargeras Trader
Visit Illnea Bloodthorn
in Dalaran to trade in your Blood of Sargeras
for trade goods and Order Resources
Patch 7.1 makes several changes to PvP:
Nagrand Arena Visual Update
- Honor talents are no longer lost when you Prestige (More)
- The amount of Artifact Power you will earn from a PvP victory is displayed in the UI
- You will earn extra Honor and Artifact Power for your first win of the day in all unrated and rated PvP activities
- Rated and Unrated Battleground wins will reward a piece of gear. Losses have a chance to reward gear based on the score.
- Skirmish and Arena victories will have an increased chance to drop gear.
- The item level of PvP gear now more closely mirrors the type of item level progression you see from World Quests
- Each rated PvP bracket (2v2, 3v3, Rated Battlegrounds) has a weekly quest that rewards items based on your best rating from the previous week.
- The quests for Arena brackets will require 10 wins, and the quests for the Rated Battleground bracket require three wins.
- Below 2000, the quests reward Gladiator appearance gear and above 2000 they reward Elite appearance gear.
Nagrand Arena has received visual updates in this patch! Gameplay should still be the same.
Patch 7.1 allows you to join friends that are in the queue for different activities. You select a role, ask to join, and then are in the queue with them!
Return to Alcaz Isle
has been invaded by Dr. Weavil and the Drudge Gnomes!
There are lots of smaller new things in this patch:
Toys, Pets, and Mounts
UI / Addons
- The slider for max camera zoom was removed from the UI options. You can increase it with "/console cameraDistanceMaxZoomFactor 2.6"
- Patch 7.1 will remove some the ability for addons to access information about player position.
- The Broken Isles loading screen has had a slight change.
is a new faction in Patch 7.1. It isn't clear how it is unlocked, but many of the rewards are PvP related. One item earned from PvP kills grants Mark of Prey
, increasing your reputation with Talon's Vengeance.
Falcosaur Pets and Mounts
Four Falcosaur pets and mounts were added in this patch! You can find more details on Quintessence's blog
- For each of the quests below, go to the world quest, kill the Matriarch, and then find the orphaned hatchling.
- Be sure to have the correct food in your inventory or the hatchling won't interact with you.
- After you have acquired the pet, you will need to level it to 25, do world quests with him, pet battles, buy things, do dungeons, raids, and more!
Patch 7.1 adds some new recipes including bags for tailoring, Vantus runes, glyphs, drums, potions, fishing bobbers, and more!
- Obliterum was also increased to a max of 8 upgrades from 7, allowing a max item level of 855.
- Fishing - New bobbers were added as either world drops or sold by Conjurer Margoss.
- Cooking - Food that grants movement speed and attack speed after killing an enemy: Spiced Wildfowl Omelet
- First Aid - Bandage that removes bleeds: Feathered Luffa
Diablo 20th Anniversary Event
The Diablo 20th Anniversary
event will take place from January 4th to January 10th. There is an achievement and some items associated with the event.
You can upgrade your legendary item once The Nighthold opens
by completing the Touch of a Titan
quest and obtaining Distilled Titan Essence
Expanded Macro Icon List Frame
The default UI finally allows you to see more icons when trying to select one for a macro.
Hidden Belt Transmog
Patch 7.1 adds the option to hide your belt!
Flight Path Map Changes
The flight path map has been changed to show only the path to your destination in Patch 7.1, how many world quests are up in a zone, as well as showing non world quests on the map. Currently the flight points aren't lining up correctly with the Broken Isles map.
Auction House Sorting Improved
The Auction House can now sort by price per unit
, helping with the varying stack sizes.
Mythic+ Dungeon Filter
The group finder will now allow you to list Mythic and Mythic+ groups separately.
Fire Mage: Hidden Flame Orbs
Fire mages can talk to Archmage Melis
to hide the floating flame orbs of Felo'melorn
in Patch 7.1.
Mage - Updated Portal and Teleport Icons
Some Mage armor
teleports and portals now have a new, unique icon.
Originally Posted by Blizzard
Patch 7.1 adds some new music, including music for Karazhan, Winter's Veil, and Diablo's Anniversary.
The Action Cam should be returning in Patch 7.1, meaning addons like dynamiccam
might work once again.
Lots of new icons were added in this patch!
New strings in this patch include references to the system that allows you to join friends that are queuing for something.
WoWDB Addon Data Collection
The migration to the new Curse App
continues with improved addon management support and guild servers.
Quickly populating the database with new additions is done with the help of many players. The more people that contribute data, the more accurate and quickly we can update the database.
To help out, just click here
if you have Curse App already installed.
When you are playing the addon will gather data and save it. When you are done playing, Curse App will see the game close and upload the collected data from the addon.