Reaper of Souls Launch Party Invitations are Out!, Diablo III Originally Had Branching Storylines, Wizard and Barbarian Builds
Top 5 Plays of the Week, Weekly News Recap
Skin Previews: Bone Abathur and Char Abathur
Warlords of Draenor Developer Interviews
There were a few developer interviews at the recent press events, so today we are taking a look at interviews with Ion Hazzikostas from Yogscast
Warlords of Draenor Starting Experience
- Everyone will have a starting experience in Warlords of Draenor, which will take place before the gameplay in the recent videos.
- The normal experience takes place at the Dark Portal, having you go through to stop the impending Iron Horde invasion. You aren't able to defeat the Iron Horde, but you do stop the imminent threat.
- Characters that are boosted to Level 90 will have a slightly different experience, with most of the skills removed from their bars and then having abilities unlocked again as they play.
Raiding / Misc
- Garrisons should give you access to portions of other professions without making the people that actually have the profession useless.
- The mounts in your garrison's stable will be mounts that you own, based on the ones that you use the most.
- Garrisons have a new NPC AI system that allows NPCs to behave less like the scripted NPCs we have now.
- For example, the Blacksmith could wake up and go to work, work at his forge and become thirsty, eventually taking a break and going to the tavern, and ten finally going back to the barracks to sleep.
- This improved AI was made necessary when the team decided to allow players to select where they place buildings in their garrison, making it impossible to pre-script and pre-place all of the NPC interactions.
- This system might be used with NPCs in cities and other places in the future.
- The location of buildings in your garrison is mostly for personal choice, as the gameplay element of garrisons is selecting which buildings you want for your limited plots.
- The team is aware of the problem with the farm in Mists of Pandaria and doesn't want players to feel the need to have garrisons on their alts just to funnel resources to their main.
- Players will want to check in with their garrison once per play session, maybe when they log in or out. It won't be a place to idle like cities currently are, as there is no auction house or bank.
Patch 5.4.7 Hotfixes - February 28
- There aren't any plans for Mythic only bosses in the Patch 6.0 raids, but there will be some Mythic only elements of the fights, similar to the extra phase on Heroic Garrosh. Mythic only bosses will continue to be added when they make sense.
- Ra-den didn't work out as intended. The boss wasn't tested publicly to ensure it remained a surprise and Ion wasn't able to spend as much time as he would have liked watching the internal testing sessions. This resulted in some loopholes in the fight making it live and Ra-den being easier than intended.
- The team is aware that the timeline in older content is a little bit inconsistent, but updating the Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King content would take away from Warlords of Draenor development.
Originally Posted by Blizzard
Blue Tracker /
Fan Art Update
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Blizzard has updated the art gallery
to feature ten new pieces.