Tier 12 Video Preview - Hunter
It's time for another Tier 12 video preview, this time with the hunter set: the Flamewaker's Battlegear
World of Warcraft 64-bit client soon?
According to the latest changes in the interface files of the Patch 4.2 PTR client, it seems that Blizzard is finally getting ready to release a 64-bit version of the WoW client.
if ( IsWindowsClient() ) then
if ( Is64BitClient() ) then
dllURL = SCANDLL_URL_WIN64_SCAN_DLL;
dllURL = SCANDLL_URL_WIN32_SCAN_DLL;
SCANDLL_URL_WIN32_SCAN_DLL = "http://us.scan.worldofwarcraft.com/update/Scan.dll";
SCANDLL_URL_WIN64_SCAN_DLL = "http://us.scan.worldofwarcraft.com/update/Scan-64.dll";
And as I write this news post I can already see the confused look in your eye: "Wait? What? Who cares?". Well, this change means two things:
- People with 64-bit Operating Systems (= anyone with more than 3gb of Memory, most likely) will see a slight increase in performance.
- People who regularly experiences crashes when World of Warcraft uses too much memory will finally be able to play WoW without crashing every x hours/minutes. (People playing in super high resolution, or with a boatload of addons)
Of course nothing is official yet, but there's a glimmer of hope for the increasing number of people with 64-bit systems. However, I'd like to point out that we're only seeing a couple of strings in .lua files and not real changes so I wouldn't expect it for Patch 4.2.
iPhone Mobile Authenticator App Update
Patch 4.2 - Memento Mori + Method vs Occu'thar (Baradin Hold)
Originally Posted by Lylirra
Blue Tracker /
teamed up on test realms to go kick Occu'thar's ... eyes. Occu'thar is the new boss of Baradin Hold and if you have no idea of what's going on in this fight, don't worry, there's a dungeon journal entry for that guy too!
Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
Occu'thar (Baradin Hold)
This ravenous demon broke free of its cage and gained access to the western wing of the prison, devouring all of the inmates held there. Occu'thar's gluttony resulted in a body too bloated to escape its environs, effectively turning the prison wing into its new holding cell.
- Focused Fire - Occu'thar sets his gaze on the location of a random player, then inflicts 35,000 Fire damage every 1 sec to players within 12 yards of the targeted location.
- Searing Shadows - Occu'thar inflicts 105,000 Shadow damage to players in a 60 degree cone in front of him, and increases Shadow damage taken by 100% for 30 sec.
- Eyes of Occu'thar - Occu'thar forms an Eye of Occu'thar on every player for 10 sec. The eyes bore into their target hosts with the Gaze of Occu'thar.
- Gaze of Occu'thar - The Eye of Occu'thar gazes at its target host, inflicting 6,000 Shadow damage every 1 sec for 10 sec.
- Occu'thar's Destruction - After an Eye of Occu'thar remains attached to a player for 10 sec, it fully bores into the host and detonates with Occu'thar's Destruction, inflicting 25,000 Shadow damage on all players.