- Class changes are (finally) here.
- Added 6 screenshots of the game data streaming and added reforging
. Classes changes are on the way. (Yes, "a few hours" doesn't mean the eternity)
- A lot of stuff is broken because well ... working with streamed data isn't fun. Classes changes will probably have to wait a few hours. Don't worry, there is a plan B to keep you interested.
- Downloading. New launcher looks pretty, but makes me sad.
Cataclysm Beta - Build 12694
A new build is being deployed on live servers. The coverage of the changes in this patch will take a while because .... well, we have to redownload the whole client with a downloader currently in beta. (Beta is the keyword here, really)
Reforging is finally here! You can swap 40% of any of the secondary stats of an item (mostly ratings) for another secondary stat.
Ysera looks great.
Cataclysm Beta Launcher- Data Streaming
The new launcher is available, it allows you to "stream" the game and play before you downloaded all the content in the patch. For more information, please check:
When you have enough data to enter the game, the world will be downloaded as you progress through the game. Absolutely everything is streamed, the world, the maps, special parts of the interface, etc ... It's a little annoying when you start from scratch but it's fairly impressive.
These changes are the result of the comparison of the spells of the current build with the previous one. They're not a definitive or official list of changes, be careful before you whine, it might just be a mistake.
- Spell tooltips aren't accurate for the moment, we're working on a fix. Stick to the values written in this post.
Cataclysm Build 12694 Official Notes
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
I'm pretty sure I never posted the official patch notes on the front page, they're not really interesting but at least you have something to read while you download the client.
Originally Posted by Zarhym