World of Warcraft News and Raiding Strategies RSS Feed


by Published on 2017-03-03 05:36 AM

The Positively Awesome Dragon Paladin Card Design Competition

Patch 7.2 - Hunter Class Mounts
Today we are taking a look at the Hunter class mount.



Hunter Class Mount Blue Hunter Class Mount Green Hunter Class Mount Red


Addons & Friendly Nameplates in Patch 7.2
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
With Patch 7.2, we’re disabling the ability for addons to modify the appearance of friendly nameplates while inside dungeon and raid instances.

While, for the most part, we’re impressed with -- and encourage -- the creativity that addon authors bring to the game using the addon API, occasionally an addon goes too far in terms of automating or trivializing elements of gameplay that are meant to be highly challenging. Recently, we’ve become aware of a couple addons that were using visual adjustments to friendly nameplates as a method to automatically coordinate complex positioning requirements. This caused what was intended to be a difficult test of a group’s ability to identify positioning requirements on the fly to instead become a simple matter of following a visual marker.

In order to prevent this from continuing, we’ve had to disable the ability for addons to modify how friendly nameplates appear while inside of dungeon and raid instances. Nothing has changed outside of dungeons and raids – addons will still be able to customize the appearance of friendly nameplates everywhere else (most notably in PvP, where they’re most commonly used in ways we don’t consider problematic).

We also don’t anticipate that addon authors will need to update their code to accommodate this change; customizations should simply stop working once a player zones into a raid, and start working again once they’ve left. However, if you’d like to double-check, this change should now be active in the current 7.2 PTR environment.

Just to reiterate since I'm seeing some confusion:

  • Nothing whatsoever is changed while you are outside of a raid or dungeon
  • When you zone into a raid or dungeon, only your friendly nameplates (if enabled) will be forced to use the standard Blizzard appearance
  • Enemy nameplates can still be modified and customized by addons while in a raid or dungeon
  • Once you zone out of the raid or dungeon, any changes made by an addon will once again apply

Blue Posts
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Death Knight (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
New Death Grip Animation
Thank you for creating a discussion around Death Grip; it has helped steer our final implementation for 7.2 immensely. Legion has seen many improvements to the feel and style of combat for WoW, and it is an initiative that we are continuing to pursue.

The goal for all of these improvements is to maintain as much of the mechanical feel of abilities as possible (as they have existed for many years) while delivering an intuitive, consistent, and modern visual experience. For example, a hammer should deal damage when it slams into a murloc, not before. In some cases, we can bend the rules to allow clutch mechanical interactions to win, such as Death Strike providing its heal instantly while the damage occurs when your weapon connects.

We will be following similar rules for our final implementation of Death Grip, which will stop the target’s spellcast instantly but start the pull a fraction of a second later when the spell connects with its target (even faster than it was for much of 7.2 PTR). This should feel consistent with all of the other attacks Death Knights currently have. We are also adding a few more elements to the visual of Death Grip to bring the vibe closer to the original. The overarching goal of harmonizing mechanics and aesthetics is a very fine needle to thread, but it is one worth fighting for.

Thank you again for your feedback. See you in Acherus. (Official Forums)

7.2 Death Knight / Monk Pets and their Acquisition
Hi everyone! Thanks for your feedback, wanted to drop in a few updates/notes.

In the next build, you'll see that the required currency for each bonus item has dropped from 10000 to 1000 Order Hall Resources. We agree that the "hard part" of getting the bonus items should be maxing out your artifact, not the grind afterwards.

In 7.2, we want these bonuses to feel like a badge of honor for players that have unlocked the final ability on their empowered artifact. For some time they'll be pretty exclusive, and this is intentional. It makes sense for the Blood Death Knight, with their bloody mount, to also have the Bloodbrood Whelpling, showing off their dedication to their specialization.

It's also important to note that we also have no plans to remove these items in the future, and we will re-evaluate their acquisition in a post-artifact world. If you don't want to go for them right now, don't worry, you won't be permanently missing out on anything.

I hope this assuages some of your concerns. As always, we're looking forward to your continued feedback! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
Guardian Threat
There are two things going on here:
1) Guardian damage is a little low on the primary target (particularly in a burst context). As people have probably seen on PTR, we're shifting some damage into Mangle in 7.2. However, this isn't enough to account for the "other tank pulled off me immediately after Growl" anecdotes.
2) We're looking into potential bugs that explain that; there may be something inconsistent about the Growl debuff and its threat bonus. (Official Forums)

Feral Druid Feedback
Thanks for the constructive feedback here!

We don't want to make Feral overpowered in single-target just because the priority rotation is more complex. However, we are looking into Feral's singe-target DPS right now, as it is intended to be where Feral is strong. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Monk (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
Mistweaver Talents
In the next PTR build (not today's), Mistweavers will learn Fortifying Brew at level 55. The Windwalker version of this spell is renamed to Fortifying Brew to match, and will continue to be an option at Honor level 22.

Removing mistwalk because mws are too strong in bgs. Okayyy...But this change destroys mws completely in arenas, when they are not even top performing healers; and giving a 7 min cd fortifying brew instead? are you joking? i get it, you want us all to become your favorite child - druids.

I doubt it'll be 7 min. The only reason why it's 7min for BrMs is because its CD is reduced with KS/TP. It'll most likely be 2m CD like the WW's.

Currently 90 second cooldown, 15 second duration to match the Windwalker version. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
Protection Paladin Feedback
This is excellent feedback. Concise, actionable, clear, non-hyperbolic. Thank you.

You mentioned a couple of bugs in here; these are both fixed in current/upcoming 7.2 PTR builds:

Procs reset the swing timer. This might be a bug but this is the biggest issue with the talent. On paper, the talent should be free damage. However in practice, its actually a DPS loss. The damage lost from the swing timer resets is far more than the damage gained from the damage reflection.

Judgment of Light
With all three Paladin specs having access to this talent, it no longer makes sense for it not to stack between multiple Paladins. It would be a nice quality of life change if it did.
(Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Warrior (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
Protection Warrior Feedback
Agreed that clear and concise are best. However, this might be a bit too concise.

We're quite interested in Protection Warrior feedback. Feel free to expand on talent choices, rotation, legendaries, artifact traits, etc. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Legendary Items
which is no different than live. So it’s not worse, just not better for those legendaries, but better for the others
Yep. If you have Norgannon's and Prydaz on a mage of any spec, you have two functional legendaries for that spec. (WatcherDev)

The question "Why are Brewmasters the only spec in the game with 2 legendaries in ame armor slot (Belt), Cinidaria & Gai Plin?
Honestly, because we screwed up, but there's no real fix at this point now that both items have been out there for all this time. (WatcherDev)

PvE
Design raid bosses around 54 traits and expect raiders not to farm it? flawed philosophy.. don't do that for ToS please.
Completely agreed though, and Tomb will be different. (WatcherDev)

While I agree somewhat about guild expectations being a problem, Krosus and back part of NH feels tuned around 54 traits
Star Augur onwards were indeed tuned for 54, but that's because we looked at the audience and the audience was already at 54. (WatcherDev)
The damage had been done. (And folks who are in mid-tier Mythic guilds would have several weeks before they get there.) (WatcherDev)

Overwatch - New Tank Hero: Orisa
Overwatch added a new tank hero today, Orisa!



by Published on 2017-03-01 10:31 PM







MMO-Champion's 10 Year Anniversary

For an entire decade, MMO-Champion has strived to provide its users with timely World of Warcraft news, including the latest patch notes and previews of upcoming game content. It’s been years of daily site updates, late nights collecting game information, and weekends filled with surprise patches - and it’s all been worth it. Many World of Warcraft players rely on MMO-Champion to stay informed, and we appreciate the dedication you’ve shown us over the years. Thanks for being here to celebrate our 10th anniversary with us today.

To recognize this fantastic achievement, we’re celebrating the most important part of MMO-Champion - our users. We have giveaways, trivia, a new site feature, and a collection of a few of the most interesting news posts from the last 10 years.

Here’s to another decade of MMO-Champion!


10th Anniversary Giveaways
Please use the images below to navigate to our giveaway posts, and enter each giveaway by leaving a comment. Thanks to Corsair, Ask Mr. Robot, J!NX, and Blizzard for these awesome prizes.









Blizzard Gear Store Discount
Blizzard also sent along a discount code for everyone to use on the Blizzard Gear Store! Some exclusions apply, mostly on pre-order items and premium collectibles.



New Forum Badges
To recognize our most passionate users, today we’re testing a new site feature: forum badges. These badges celebrate MMO-Champion members that have been a part of the website for one, three, and five years.

Depending on user feedback, this is a feature that could be expanded to include multiple badges, additional customization options, and more.

If you received a forum badge today, thanks for being an integral part of what makes MMO-Champion great. If you don’t have one yet, we hope you continue to enjoy our growing community; that one year badge is just on the horizon!




10 Years of News Posts
Reporting World of Warcraft news over the last 10 years has created a unique time capsule full of nostalgia. Take a look at some of our favorite posts from the last decade, and join us in reliving these events.



MMO-Champion Trivia
How well have you kept up with MMO-Champion over the years? See if you can answer questions about the site’s founder, our history, and even our headquarters.



Thank You
Lastly, we'd like to thank our mods, contributors, and anyone who has helped with MMO-Champion over the years. Your efforts are sincerely appreciated, and we wouldn't be here without you. We have exciting things planned for 2017 and beyond, and we're grateful to have you all by our side.
by Published on 2017-02-28 04:55 AM

PTR Build: A new Patch 7.2 PTR build is on the way!
Update: Added this week's World Boss and Weekly Event.

PTR Patch 2.5.0 Known Issues, Necromancer Fan Art

Journey to Un'Goro is Hearthstone's Next Expansion

Patch 7.2 - Warlock Class Mounts
Today we are taking a look at the Warlock class mount.



Warlock Class Mount Red Warlock Class Mount Green Warlock Class Mount Purple


World Boss - Drugon the Frostblood
Drugon the Frostblood is up this week, rewarding players with gold and a chance at item level 860 loot.



World Quest Bonus Event
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
An extra weekly quest and rewards are here.

Get out your best map and plan your route across every part of the Broken Isles, as this is a great time to immerse yourself in World Quests.

This Week
All week, open your map (default hotkey: m) and then select any of the five main Broken Isles zones to consider the World Quests available to you. Hover your mouse over a World Quest on the map to see what tasks are needed complete it, the rewards you’ll receive, and the time remaining that the quest is available to you.

Look for the following all week long:


If you’ve been looking to impress some emissaries, this is the week to do it!

Every Week
The Bonus Events system consists of a rotating schedule of different activities, currently scheduled to run each week beginning on Tuesdays. Each Bonus Event grants a passive bonus to a particular game activity and offers a once-per-event quest with a noteworthy reward for accomplishing a related goal. The in-game calendar can serve as your one-stop reference for the event schedule. The Adventure Guide also offers a direct link to active Bonus Events, allowing you to easily accept any associated quests.

Patch 7.1.5 Hotfixes -February 27
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Dungeons
  • Mythic Keystone Dungeons
    • Necrotic Rot will now expire after leaving combat.
  • Grimrail Depot
    • Resolved an issue where the client scene showing party members boarding The Grimrail would fail to play correctly.

Items
  • Oakheart’s Gnarled Root’s movement speed reduction can now be suppressed.
  • Six-Feather Fan’s movement speed reduction can now be suppressed.
  • Faulty Countermeasure’s movement speed reduction can now be suppressed.

Player versus Player

Blue Posts
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Providing Feedback
I poked fun at it because I felt it was worth calling out that that's not a good plan for getting your feedback across. I assume that community managers and others reviewing the forum generally won't look kindly on someone posting 23 times in a row (and rightly so). Beyond this I'm going to leave their job to them though; I'm just here to talk about feedback and this forum.

Viewing this forum (or any other) as a contest for who most deserves a blue response is never going to give a satisfying result. Chiefly because that's not how we actually use the forums. We use it as a place to sift through a very large number of posts and try to collect actionable feedback reasonably efficiently. We're primarily reading more than posting, and what we care about is clear, specific, and non-hyperbolic feedback. I don't have a full-blown thesis on how to best do that, but a few thoughts I have regularly while reading:

--Narrower issues/discussions are better. If you say something specific about something that goes wrong or feels bad whilst trying to use an ability, we tend to take notice regardless of whether there's an immediate result. On the flip side; the problem of large-scale DPS balance is virtually always intractable on a forum thread.

--Talking about any outcome you desire besides more power for your character is virtually a requirement for feedback to mean much (everyone always wants more power for their character).

--Change may not happen quickly. One requirement for healthy long-term communication is being able to have interactions other than "we're changing this right away." Sometimes (often) we're not changing something right away even if we don't like it--and there's nobody with a bigger list of things to potentially improve than us.

Part of having this forum, as I've mentioned, is trying to post a little more on our thinking and philosophy (instead of only on immediate action). We like open communication and feedback because of how valuable it is for us to have as much insight as possible into what's happening with players (at its core, "feedback" is about telling us good or bad things that happened to you while playing--the closer you are to that concept, the better it usually is). And both us and players being able to get more out of it also requires that any communication be taken for what it is, not as an invitation to fight with us or with each other about which topics get a response. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
Druid Class Mount
Here's what I think is going to happen - druid flight form isn't going to be affected by the broken isles speed boost, other flying mounts are. Just like how ground travel form isn't affected by the broken isles speed boost but normal ground mounts are. Really hope I'm wrong here, waiting to be pleasantly surprised.
Good news! The Archdruid's Lunarwing Form operates like a shapeshift in terms of benefits (instant cast, immune to polymorph, etc.) but also counts as an additional mount in your mount journal.

As for the second question, the movement speed bonus from Broken Isles Pathfinder I does not apply to flying speed, but druid Travel Form does benefit from the ground movement speed bonus in 7.2 (and this should be active on PTR)!

Can people mount us in flight form? Please Muffinus. It's all I've ever dreamed of
You can, indeed, carry others on your back in this form. Enjoy! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
Holy Priest PvP Talents
We really like the idea about resetting Spirit of Redeemer's cooldown upon death. We just snuck it in for 7.2!

As for Spirit of Redeemer, we agree that talent competes a little too directly with Ray of Hope in what it's trying to do. It'll likely get some changes... eventually. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
Affliction and Demonology Feedback
Bear with me. I get that the idea is for various specs to excel in different situations. That's one way to approach the class design. But, let's assume, for argument's sake, that there are 3 ways to build an affliction lock, due to talents (similarly for demo or destro).

Why would you use the talents to create the "specialization" inside of the spec itself, and largely let the spec determine how the class feels? Meaning, why couldnt each warlock spec have excellent single target, "cleave" or aoe dps, (via various talent builds) and let the player pick which spec he wants to play based on how that rotation feels?

I happen to LOVE using MG and tunneling. I like for cleave i can throw out a few agonys, throw out a seed, and then go back to channeling on a high priority mob. I do not want to manage 2-3 dots on multiple targets very much in order to do relevant dps. I'm worried that because I'm affliction, you'll eventually revert to me being completely "meh" on single target if I'm not multi-dotting. I hate that idea.

Help me understand why achieving that (equal balance via talents between given specs) is difficult to do from a balance standpoint? Why does one spec have to be the "single target" spec, one a multi-dot, one a havoc.... etc?

Please don't kill what I've come to really like about affliction. I've seen the "de-homogenization" at work recently (with holy paladin design from the WoD rotational style) and I just think the "variety" is better served in talents than it is changing the spec design every few months.

The answer is probably that there should be some mix of both (quite possibly a mix we're still trying to settle into the right place, given that Legion greatly expanded the use of spec-specific talents that change your rotation). Both of the following are good things to have happen in the game:

1) You really like the MG playstyle, and feel good when you're using it well, and feel extra good when that happens when it's also the highest-DPS talent for the situation.

2) A fight happens to be perfect for Affliction (perhaps that should be sustained multi-DoT, but it doesn't matter right now what it is, just that some situation is) and you feel good as you shine on that fight, including making your raidmates of other specs/class temporarily jealous of you.

#2 is more controversial I believe, but it remains true even in a world with some nontrivial barrier to swapping specs. Yes, one complication is the fact that some players will always care enough about min/maxing to put in the effort to overcome the barrier and play the "best" spec as often as possible. That's okay though; in fact, it's good to have it be up to players to make that choice of whether it's worth it for them. In 7.2, we're even reducing some of the oft-cited barriers to playing multiple specs through changes to the artifact and legendary systems.

Without delving deeper into those issues, the point is that if you see your Demonology friend doing more DPS than you on one fight, and you do more DPS than him on the next fight, that is a fundamentally good experience to have players coming across in the game. It adds texture and meaning to the choice of specs. And on a more basic level, feeling sometimes slightly advantaged, and sometimes slightly envious of what someone else can do, is a much richer experience than feeling neither of those. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Classes
The new class challenge artifact appearances, was wondering do you need to do them for each spec or just one to unlock all.
The challenges are intended to show your mastery of each specialization. You'll need to unlock each appearance separately. (WarcraftDevs)

Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
Can I get some clarification on the Survival hunter 2pc, Some say its 3x and other say its 6x your mastery
With the Survival T19 2pc, the total chance for your Flanking Strike to trigger Hunting Companion is 6x your base mastery. (WarcraftDevs)

Hearthstone - Journey to Un'Goro Expansion
The next Hearthstone expansion was announced today, Journey to Un'Goro! It will be out in early April and includes 135 new cards!



Dark Legacy Comics #573 - Grinding Gears
DLC #573 has been released!


Site Navigation