Blizzcon 2014 - Day 1 Recap
No real WoW news today, but lots of interesting news for others games. The Live Raid tomorrow
starts at 10 AM PST / 1 PM EST, followed by another Overwatch panel. WoW also has a Cinematic panel, Q&A panel, and Documentary later in the afternoon, followed by Metallica to close out the show.
World of Warcraft
- Overwatch confirmed as new IP, playable at Blizzcon and "sooner than you think. Team shooter set in the future on earth. 12 Heroes now, many more coming in the future.
- New Hearthstone expansion - Goblins and Gnomes
- Heroes of the Storm closed beta begins January 13, 2015
- The spacegoat pet will be sold starting in December to support the Red Cross's Ebola relief efforts.
- Warcraft Movie Presentation
- People actually at Blizzcon saw a short teaser trailer, but the video won't be released online.
- The movie will follow heroes on both factions, "50% Alliance, 50% Horde".
- The visual effects are very realistic. Motion capture was used, the team worked with ILM to make it feel as much like live action as possible.
- Effects are Avatar and Lord of the Rings at the same time.
- Very detailed sets were built, such as part of Stormwind's main street.
- A partial list of the cast was released.
- World of Warcraft - Items, Class Changes, and More
- A recap of Warlords changes.
Heroes of the Storm
- Overwatch Unveiled
- Chris Metzen is only doing one voice in this game.
- The game will be accessible and have options other than putting a crosshair over someone.
- You should die less frequently than in current modern military shooters.
- Initially only on PC.
- No pricing model yet.
- Overwatch Press Kit
BlizzCon Online Sale—New Loot Available!
- Heroes of the Storm Overview
- Draft mode is coming, with no duplicate heroes and no bans.
- Ranked play is coming with two leagues: Hero league (any size group queue) and Team league (fixed size teams only). There are seasons, points, and a separate skill rank.
- Leavers - If you leave games too often, you will only be matched with other people that leave games too often. You can undo this by not leaving games.
There were some Overwatch items earlier, but all of them have disappeared except for this statue
Blizzcon Day 1 Pictures
Originally Posted by Blizzard
There are a few shots of movie props along with normal Blizzcon things.
ORIGIN PC Giveaway
Curse and ORIGIN PC are giving away a nice little gaming system!