First Look at Season 6 Journey, 2nd Batch of BlizzCon Tickets
Hearthstone Patch 12574 - Card Nerfs, Old Gods Flavor Text, New Card Backs, New Brawl - Shadow Towers
HeroStorm Episode 12, Dustin Browder Tweets
Warcraft Movie PAX East Trailer
An exclusive Warcraft trailer was shown at PAX. Unfortunately this is the best quality currently available.
Warcraft Movie PAX East Panel
Duncan Jones and Robert Kazinsky were at PAX east to talk about the Warcraft movie. They also had a short segment on Facebook
- Kazinsky played Alliance for a long time, but switched to Horde once he started raiding hardcore.
- Ben Foster was interested in spell casting and the team came up with a visual and audio language for spell casting. He was really committed to getting all of the details right.
- There was a month long Orc camp where the actors learned how to move like seven foot tall six-hundred pound Orcs.
- The team went to ILM for visual effects early on, meeting with Jeff White. He had moved the technology forward for the Hulk in the first Avengers movie and is a big Warcraft fan that was excited to do the movie.
- It took several weeks after shooting to get the first Orgrim shot with effects. Up until then the team was very nervous about how good the Orcs would look.
- After the team saw the first shot with Orcs, they were relieved at how great they looked and did more close up shots.
- The team was halfway through filming the movie before they realized Orgrim doesn't fight much in the movie. The team then just filmed a bunch of fight sequences, including one where Orgrim hits another Orc with the Doomhammer in the stomach, lifts him up above his head, and drops him into his head to knock him out.
- The person who came up with the Orc language for the movie is also the person who does languages for Game of Thrones and happens to be a Warcraft player. There are a few key scenes in the movie where the Orc language is used in an interesting way and where fans will recognize some of the phrases.
- Ramin Djawadi did the Game of Thrones theme as well as music in the Warcraft movie. It is different than the Game of Thrones music, incorporating some of the Warcraft game music in some places where it made sense as well as new material.
- Fans of Warcraft will feel like they have gone home when they see the movie.
- Kazinsky plays an Orc Death Knight, he has been researching for his role for years! He didn't have to correct people on set about how the Warcraft universe worked, as everyone working on the movie did a great job.
- Motion capture is now good enough to show all of Orgrim's emotion.
- Clancy Brown rides a frostwolf in the movie. During filming he rode up on a little blue rocking horse, pulled by three crew members and that scene took a long time to film because of how funny it looked without effects.
- When Duncan Jones heard that the previous director had moved on, he asked to read the script. He recognized that Human heroes vs Orc villains was not the right way to do the movie. He pitched his idea to Legendary and then to Blizzard, showing heroes on both sides, half Human and half Orc.
- The audience spends a good amount of time with the Orcs, so he had to use CGI rather than latex prosthetics. To offset all of the character CGI, lots of real sets were used.
- In the movie Orgrim has the Doomhammer and uses it as a hammer as a Warrior, so there is a little bit of bending of how the game works.
- If this movie does well and Duncan Jones gets to do a sequel, he will be able to put Tauren in it. After that he could do Illidan, Arthas, and all of the other story if the movies do well.
- No matter when you started playing Warcraft, or even if you haven't, everyone will be able to enjoy the movie.
- There are moments where the movie differs from the lore in smaller ways to make it a better movie.
- Duncan Jones tried to fit in extra material and easter eggs that would fill out the Warcraft experience for fans in a way that wouldn't distract from the story.
- The team worked with Wei Wang to do art for the movie.
- There are only a few scenes in the movie where the Orcs and Humans are in the same scene.
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Ghostcrawler still occasionally talks about WoW. Remember that he no longer works for or speaks for Blizzard.
Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
Hey Greg, love your work. What do you think of the Vanilla wow server shutdown?
I feel bad for players who lost something, but I have faith in Blizzard's judgment too. (OccupyGStreet
An Overwatch comic
has been released!
Warcraft Movie - Draka Poster
Another character poster has been shared on Twitter
Warcraft Movie - Stormwind Mailbox
Duncan Jones shared
another picture of the set on Twitter.