Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

So, blizzards new MMO Titan,

Ok so ive been browsing the forums, keep an eye out about blizzard next MMO for various years now, and after the name Titan has been revieled to be blizzard next MMO, Let the speculation begin

Ok so i have this theory, the game itself is Called titan, and what do we already have in WoW already, The titans, the pantheon, creators of the universe. I believe that blizzards new MMO will be heavily based on the Titans of Wow, and that the game will be the "newer" wow so to speak. Lets take a look at some facts. Upon the last 2-3 years (Of which blizzard have been working on Titan, unannounced at that point) what have we actually seen in game? We've recieved HUGE chunks of Titan lore, about the pantheon and algalon, ulduar etc and all of that, but we havn't actually had any sort of apperance from the titans yet in azeroth, other than Algalon but hes not technically a titan.

So, over the last few years blizzard have been Subtely feeding the players story about the Pantheon, travellers of the universe, bringing order, and it just got me wondering, Could blizzard next MMO really be just a build over on wow? Think about it, the games called Titan, we've had immense lore being fed to use over the last 3 years relative to the Pantheon (whilst Titan was in early production) after have 2 years of WoW classic with very little mention to the Pantheon.

Anybody else been thinking about this?

Also, just imagine how cool Titan would be if it was actually about the Titans from the warcraft universe, travelling through the universe, and as a character bringing order to various different planets and fighting the burning legion.

although it would be a pretty epic game lore-wise cant argue with that, blizzard has already said that this will be a next gen mmorpg and will (hopefully) appeal to a new set of gamers and shouldnt draw attention away from wow.

Sorry to break your ideas, but they've confirmed that it will be a totally new story and all.
    When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.

15+ Year Old Account
    It will be something completely new. I think that means that nothing from wow, sc, or diablo will be in titan.

Deleted
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We have nothing to advertise for the new MMO because it's a shell of a game thus far. We've already stated it'll be a brand new franchise, which means the lore, art, and game play are being developed entirely from scratch. It's an overwhelming process, but a process through which we excel. Our track record supports this.
    There goes that idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Upptagen View Post
    Sorry to break your ideas, but they've confirmed that it will be a totally new story and all.
    Yeah but we all know what Blizzard are like to retconning their own words :P

As said above, they have confirmed it won't have anything to do with any of their current video games, it will be completely new, so it won't have anything to do with the titans in wow. Also, is Titan even the confirmed name of the game? It could just be a working title, like the Revolution was before being changed to the Wii.

Quote Originally Posted by Warchief94 View Post
    They are not making a game based on the Wow titans. They specifically said it won't be based on any existing product. "They have retconned stuff in the past" is not enough to convince me it has anything to do with Wow or any of their previous games considering you know absolutely nothing about the game other than the working title.

'It's our next-gen MMO and we've only started talking about it in a limited fashion because we want to leverage the fact that we're working on something like that for the purpose of recruiting – getting some of the best talent in the industry on that.'

It's an MMO, and they already have an MMO with the Titans in it. They don't need another one.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2011-01-07 at 01:25 PM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Ok so ive been browsing the forums, keep an eye out about blizzard next MMO for various years now, and after the name Titan has been revieled to be blizzard next MMO, Let the speculation begin

Ok so i have this theory, the game itself is Called titan, and what do we already have in WoW already, The titans, the pantheon, creators of the universe. I believe that blizzards new MMO will be heavily based on the Titans of Wow, and that the game will be the "newer" wow so to speak. Lets take a look at some facts. Upon the last 2-3 years (Of which blizzard have been working on Titan, unannounced at that point) what have we actually seen in game? We've recieved HUGE chunks of Titan lore, about the pantheon and algalon, ulduar etc and all of that, but we havn't actually had any sort of apperance from the titans yet in azeroth, other than Algalon but hes not technically a titan.

So, over the last few years blizzard have been Subtely feeding the players story about the Pantheon, travellers of the universe, bringing order, and it just got me wondering, Could blizzard next MMO really be just a build over on wow? Think about it, the games called Titan, we've had immense lore being fed to use over the last 3 years relative to the Pantheon (whilst Titan was in early production) after have 2 years of WoW classic with very little mention to the Pantheon.

Anybody else been thinking about this?

Also, just imagine how cool Titan would be if it was actually about the Titans from the warcraft universe, travelling through the universe, and as a character bringing order to various different planets and fighting the burning legion.
    This wouldn't make sense because at least at the moment it seems like it would be a MMOFPS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    As said above, they have confirmed it won't have anything to do with any of their current video games, it will be completely new, so it won't have anything to do with the titans in wow. Also, is Titan even the confirmed name of the game? It could just be a working title, like the Revolution was before being changed to the Wii.
    It's a project name. Diablo 3 was named Hydra and Starcraft 2 was Medusa.

Linking for convenience. Remember, it's a wiki.
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2011-01-07 at 01:24 PM.

i don't know why, but this name, project titan, makes me think of a mix of WoW and Warhammer 40.000

i'm not saying that it will be like this, it's just a sensation.

Deleted
    So after 2-3 years of development they'd start over? Doubt it.

You'll get to play the Titans, and make worlds. Then you'll be able to make Azeroth, transform into a human, orc or somesuch, and begin questing in Elwynn Forest.
    Shadowsong EU: Tyler [85 Warrior] .: Durden [85 Priest] .: Palahniuk [85 Warlock] .: Boeddeker [85 Shaman] .: Cronenweth [85 Druid] .: Uhls [85 Paladin] .: Chesler [85 Mage] .: Fincher [85 Hunter] .: Paulson [85 Rogue] .: Lichborne [85 Death Knight] Magtheridon EU: Uhls [82 Paladin] Trollbane EU: Acro [81 Death Knight] Blade's Edge EU: Cronenweth [83 Druid]

You do realize that "Titan" is likely just a code name right? Kinda like how Windows Vista was known as Longhorn for a long time, before a name was official.

Quote Originally Posted by andraxion View Post
    They won't make a WoW2. Look how that turned out for Everquest. Just saying, some things will never be done and that is one of them. :3
    I don't think they would ever need to. There doesn't appear to be any limitations. They seem to keep upgrading the models and graphics each patch, so it's not like they have hit a wall there. Adding content won't be an issue for them either. I could see this game being around for a LONG time.

Or has been suggested previously Titan is simply a reference to something "Big".
    As one of the previous posters noted the names Hydra and Medusa bore little resemblence to what they represented if anything Titan continuing the theme of what seems to be characters or creatures from I think greek mythology.

I am thinking it is working titles (as others have been saying)

but I do wonder what it will be, there are so many possibilities!

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Or has been suggested previously Titan is simply a reference to something "Big".
    As one of the previous posters noted the names Hydra and Medusa bore little resemblence to what they represented if anything Titan continuing the theme of what seems to be characters or creatures from I think greek mythology.
    Exactly, every project title has been a greek mythological figure. The Titans are greek mythological figures. It's not going to be about the Wow titans. Especially since they specifically said so.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I though blizzard had already gone on record saying that this new project would have nothing to do with existing IPs? It'd be something totally new.

Also, it's not at all un-common to use code names in production for anything. We may never know the real name (as I doubt it's titan) for years. For example, do you know what Project 880 is? I'd bet money even if you don't you've actually seen it... as Project 880 is basically the movie Avatar.

The nuclear bomb was named the Manhattan Project. This new game is called Titan. We know nothing about it besides its developmental name, which means nothing.

MMOFPS = I cant wait to get my phat perpel lewts grenades?
    We called all the Hospitals, You weren't in any of them