Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Repentance is easily reapliable, It's 1 minute long and has the same CD, if you directly reapply the mob will be active less than one second, but you can HoJ 2 seconds before Rep breaks and then reapply, so it'll be better if you make it reapliable in your guide

Cheers, good guide.

10+ Year Old Account
    You forget Death Knight Strangulate, which is maybe one of best interrupts and silences in game atm: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=47476

And one of the best glyphs for DK if you're running heroics: http://www.wowhead.com/item=43552

Very nice guide.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty nice guild - just wanna mention that Hunters have a Wyvern Sting on SV - it sleeps the target for 30sec even in combat. Greetings!

Handy targetting addon "TargetCharms"
    wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/target-charms.aspx

Yeah, he missed a couple silences, but the CCs are pretty spot on. There's a reason Intimidating Shout and Fear are highlighted as red. They're only true CC if they're glyphed, which makes the feared mobs stand in place and not run off into other packs. Notice that he did NOT include Howl of Terror, which cannot be similarly glyphed or talented.

Also, the only short-term "CCs" he counted were also AoE: Intimidating Shout (8s) and Hungering Cold (10s). I'm pretty sure that's why he didn't include any single-target stuns or whatnot that were 10 seconds or less. A single-target 6 second stun isn't a whole hell of a lot of help.
    Last edited by loop not defined; 2011-01-08 at 12:23 PM.
    Nyuthing!

Warlock fear does not work on undead. (A few raid-exceptions like the adds in Nefarian encounter in BWD)

did people not read the beginning of the guide? this wasn't mentioned as an all including forms of cc ubar guide. the OP said in the beginning that he would only do the top notch long term forms of CC (sheep, fear (glyphed) etc etc)) not strangulate, mind freeze, psychic scream etc. for what its worth i hope this is not only a good guide to read and l2cc but also an eye opener for loads of people i come across as a tank in heroics

GJ OP
    think of Cataclysm not so much as a cataclysmic event where a big bird kills everything.. just think of it as salvation.. sweet salvation from the wrath of the lich king..
    -Ashtoreth Level 85 Blood Tank

Deleted
    Some CCs are not mentioned in you list, such as Druid 's Cyclone.

Paladin "Turn Evil" Fear is missing

I'm not gonna lie people, i didn't really expect this guide to win. After seeing what was in the same "runner up-like" awards, i think that i'm very fortunate to get anything at all.

To all the people saying i missed X or Y. All the things i listed were 10 sec+ CC's. As far as interrupt i did miss Strangulate, but IIRC it doesn't actually interrupt bosses, kinda like Avengers shield (again could be wrong)

I play a druid, and im very well aware of Sunbeam, but its not really a CC or an interrupt, its kinda...it's own breed. And to the person who mentioned being able to control a mob/group with typhoon/sunbeam and shrooms, thats great, but its not really what i was going for. As a feral myself i can do some crazy stuff, but this guide was mostly for those having trouble with heroics and completely missing CC.

What im really trying to say is that this guide could be 10x better if i had another day or two to work on it, but given i rushed it 1 hour before the deadline, and started it 8 hours before that, a lot of my information may be inaccurate, or im missing a few things (blind specifically) But i cannot edit it after the submission. But i do hope this helps SOME people out there. Happy hunting.

Few things. You forgot to add Warlock's Felhubnter Spell Lock to interrupt. It might be handy at some times and in general I prefer using Felhunter over Succubus (when it's CC is not needed).

And you did not mention a really important factor - range of CC. Fear for example has only 20y range so marking targets in a back of the pack (like th back mobs in Grim Batol @2nd Boss) is generally a bad idea. You will most likely pull the one that is in front while trying to get in range for that one in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by lument View Post
    Nice table! Totally using that! Thank you

@Sicc: Solar Beam, Typhoon, and Wild Mushroom+Fungal Growth are not CC. They are silence, positioning control, and slow. Cyclone is not true CC because of the short duration and diminishing returns. It is better defined as temporarily preventing a mob from beating on you (or someone else).
    Err.. dont diminishing returns work only on players?
    Quote Originally Posted by Simbert
    You gain 4 additional girlfriends once you stop playing WoW. It is statistically proven that WoW equals 4 girlfriends. No one exactly know where they come from, but WoW is the only thing that prevents the world from being flooded with insane amounts of girls.

Actually, that is the sole reason we even play WoW. We simply could not stand all those girlfriends jumping at you at every corner of the street if we didn´t.

Deleted
    Is there anybody in the world that still knows Scare Beast (Hunter ability)? Obviously not an optimal CC because the mob might run into another mob/group, but depending on where you are it can be very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by ashtoreth View Post
    did people not read the beginning of the guide? this wasn't mentioned as an all including forms of cc ubar guide.
    Adding this just in case someone thinks they can use that comment against me, but he said he'd be discussing all targeted CC + Freezing Trap, and Scare Beast is targeted.
    Last edited by mmoca572945696; 2011-01-08 at 01:04 PM.

addons

great addons for CC are SimpleRaidTargetIcons (best marking addon ever for me, double click on mob and it will show circle with marks) and it can be combined with PugLax (assigns players to CC who with). Great addon for seeing how long CC will last was Afterlife Crowd Control (shows time bar, not updated for Cata ) it can be replaced with Sheepmonitor (supports all CCs not only sheeps).
    Last edited by (O)fer_cz; 2011-01-08 at 01:07 PM.

i'm in beta, ffffuuuu

Deleted
    This guide is missing a TON of CC abilities. But well done for trying anyway.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2011-01-08 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkbreaker View Post
    Cyclone has DR in PvE. Intended or not, thats how its been for years now.

Good guide, but you're missing so much.

Quote Originally Posted by darkbreaker View Post
    For some reason Blizzard decided that Cyclone would be the only CC that had diminishing returns on NPCs.

Great guide- especially helpful for those just now learning to use CC in the new expansion.

One thing to note- Most healers now do have quite a bit of hit rating due to the spirit to hit rating conversion via talents. Very minor but still a bit of misinformation.