Deleted

Question Arms Warrior vs Frost Mage?

Who are the best to be PvP in 4.0.6?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on what you mean? Can't just compare 2 classes like that

Well, a Frost Mage completely dominates an Arms Warrior 1v1, but every class has its counter. Mages have Great CC, counterspell, burst and ranged snares. I'd say go frost mage if you can play it properly, they seem to be the FOTM anyway.

Arms Warriors just got nerfed. They had their mobility nerfed (no intercept and charge is on the DR so the stun will immune and your target will just run away) and their skill-cap was further nerfed (another ability, charge, moved to all stances).

Mages blinked the nerf bat and perma-kited it because it couldn't intercept, and its' charge and heroic path-not-found bugged.

Deleted
    so all say frost mages? in PtR i sor a arms warrior there pwned a frost mage 1v1?

---------- Post added 2011-01-12 at 05:33 PM ----------

are Frost Mages hard to PvP with?

It's a pointless comparison really.

Frost Mages are the counter class to Warriors, even without the incoming nerfs Warrior's are about to get.

If you're looking for a class with the best cc, control and impressive burst, then you want a Mage.
    Sonics - Argent Dawn EU
    Mahurum - Argent Dawn EU

how many people here play on the ptr? i doubt many...

i kill rogues easieer than good War's these days on live. in fact i kill a lot of classes easier than good War's on live...

Deleted
    Its like me throwing papers at my 6 months old sister. NEED MORE RAGE!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Once Warriors can take down the shield and have all those DoTs on them all they need to do it finish it, and Frost Mages are dead.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just because you saw a Warrior beating a Mage 1v1 doesn't mean that the Mage knew how to play... Mages will probably never get a big nerf so it's just safe going Mage, since they do never have a bad season really

Quote Originally Posted by Rashanda View Post
    Once Warriors can take down the shield and have all those DoTs on them all they need to do it finish it, and Frost Mages are dead.
    Or the mage just continues kiting because it has more roots than the warrior has gap closers.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtreeze View Post
    Just because you saw a Warrior beating a Mage 1v1 doesn't mean that the Mage knew how to play... Mages will probably never get a big nerf so it's just safe going Mage, since they do never have a bad season really
    Someone did not play during BC. Also, throughout almost all of arena's lifespan, mages have never been able to do anything without a rogue and a priest.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Rend and Deep Wounds do so much damage

---------- Post added 2011-01-12 at 06:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Someone did not play during BC. Also, throughout almost all of arena's lifespan, mages have never been able to do anything without a rogue and a priest.
    Since vanilla actually

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydubs View Post
    Well, a Frost Mage completely dominates an Arms Warrior 1v1, but every class has its counter. Mages have Great CC, counterspell, burst and ranged snares. I'd say go frost mage if you can play it properly, they seem to be the Flavor of the Expansion anyway.
    Fixed*

They're the flavor of the expansion, not the flavor of the month.

Frost mages are better than warriors overall but that doesn't mean warriors are not good as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost Mages will ALWAYS be an arm warriors counter class.

Good Warrior < Good mage
    Good Warrior < Average mage
    Good Warrior > bad mage

Goes something like that.