Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Absolutely...having 2 or more retards in a hc is a pain!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neonights View Post
    thats just the way it is
    things will never be the same

this was never the right thing for you
    i guess its time for you to quit the game
    You're a poet and didn't know it!

On topic - Don't abuse the kick option and your timers between kicks will not be inflated.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Warsaw, Poland, Europe, Earth, The Milky Way
    If you're the Dungeon Guide, then you are able to kick people earlier than other people, that's what I have noticed. Often we wanted to kick some idiot that either went AFK or was too oblivious to even accept polite advice, I tried to do it and got the "you have to wait X more minutes to kick that player", then my friend, who was the DG, managed to get the vote kick through.
    However, I do agree that there should be no limit to kicking people. We have absolutely NO guarantee that the person that the DF will give us will be better than the one we kicked, so why can the guy who was kicked first just go "lol, noobs, *requeue*" and our group has to deal with another retard or disband, because we can't kick them?
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze148 View Post
    One cannot simply walk into Mulgore...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tholl View Post
    You're a poet and didn't know it!

On topic - Don't abuse the kick option and your timers between kicks will not be inflated.
    Define abuse. And it's not up to abuse anyway, if you get several retards in a row, you do. You can't be blamed for the dumb people LFG hands you, it's RNG.

After that thread about how tanks abuse DPS because they're easy to replace and how people kick for no reason I kind of feel like saying neener neener.

Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    You seriously think that's the kind of people I'm talking about? First of all, the majority of players who have no idea what to do never admits it. The tank asks before he pulls "Does everyone know what do do?" and no one says anything. Good, we pull boss, a dps stands in fire and dies immediately. You tell him what to do, still no response, and try again. He dies again. Maybe you are the babysitter kind, but I'm not. If people can't be bothered to play through bosses in normal before going to HC or atleast let us know if they are inexperienced, I'm not going to let them train the boss with us. The bosses aren't hard enough to warrant several tries, before you get it.

So yeah, I don't kick people immediately for being inexperienced, I kick them for having horrible dps or no sense of tactics at all, or not following instructions. In fact, if I tell a bad dps to kill adds as soon as possible on a boss and they just nuke boss, I kick them even if we beat the boss. I don't mind people being bad as long as they try to improve, but they need to try.

---------- Post added 2011-01-13 at 02:48 PM ----------

Problem is, there's no "constantly" about it. Kick once a LFG and you'll be up in 30 min+ in no-time.
    People talking about politeness and etiquette need to get off of the high horse for a bit and examine the situation properly, I'm polite in dungeons, I admit when I make a mistake. What is not polite is to waste peoples time, I would not mind if they said oh could you tell me tacts, then we tell them and we do it, but for the majority of the cases they dont ask, or you tell them and they dont do it, then you have a multitude of wipes and get frustrated and leave.
    omg so this.

I was doing BrC the other day when we started tank joined and said this is my first hc, me and my other 2 guildies (I resto sham, shadow priest, retri pally) didnt mind everyone has to start.

We downed first boss without too much of a problem, had a wipe because of pulling boss without clearing adds etc but still you know some times things go bad.

2nd boss we ask if everyone knows what to do, lay out tactics anyway I'll take right beam, shadowpriest takes left, puger mage take middle please.
    (went into more detail even marked the adds)
    wiped kos of middle add spawning, mage? sorry I dont know what to do, explain again, wipe, which ones middle? (english server).

had to leave at that point <.<
    But seriously I logge don last week some guild run wanted a competant healer, whispered him said I didnt know tacts but I'm decently competent, downed it that night with 1 explanation. same with halfus when they wanted me to do it.
    I really dont see the problem of learning.
    Last edited by mini98; 2011-01-13 at 03:46 PM. Reason: memory.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I joined a random pug in the lfg dungeon finder last night as a holy Paladin. I was given a group who were on the Ripsnarl fight in heroic Deadmines. The "tank" was a prot Paladin. I inspected him and was pretty horrified to see he was wearing cloth int / stam gear and leather agi / stam gear in several of his slots, and green plate dps gear in most of the others. He had equipped the cloth and leather gear simply to get the required iLevel to get into heroics. I quite clearly explained to him that in no way was he remotely geared to tank an heroic instance and asked that he leave the group. His understanding of English wasnt that good but I stayed calm and eventually he dropped from the group. Sometimes, just talking and not ranting at people works wonders.

Instead of allowing people to kick others more easily, perhaps they should look into who got in in the first place.

Say there was a quest which involved removing a certain amount of HP from a target dummy in a given period.

Complete this to unlock the "easy" heroics.

Next quest in the line would be something along the lines of "Remove x HP while avoiding to get hit by fire" for the ranged and "Avoid getting hit by an arcane blast-like mechanic"
    Put a counter on the debuffs. If two or more is reached you fail the quest.

If you on the other hand complete it congratulations, you have unlocked "hard" heroics.

This could be done in healer / DPS / tank versions (Healing x HP / avoiding x damage by using CD and avoiding boss-mechanics.)

I believe this would be really helpfull to avoid/teach the "bad" players how to play.
    It's not illegal to be dumb.. Yet..!

The system is BAD

IF you kick someone, that wipes you, acts like a jerk, is useless etc. You get a CD on your kick but he can queue in the heroic right back again.
    IF you leave a fail group ... they get a replacement instantly and you are left with a 30 min Dungeon debuff.

I Suggest you can request to kick someone but after you do you can not rerequest it again in 5 min. It also should say WHO is making the request.

If the group declines the request but then realises it was needed. They can also do it. Where you can not abuse and spam requesting. In addition ppl will see your name and will know that you have requested it.

Also the requests should have a min field to fill up with a reason and the PERSON that is being voted should see that and comment on it.
    Even more if he is kicked he should at least be able to see the reason.

I was kicked from 1 heroic 3 days ago for failing to trap a target even thou the pull was made during my traping so the target moved away. I realy wanted to know who was the idiot and what was the reason he used. Do not get me wrong i am happy to have left such a group. As i am an unexperienced hunter with ~ 400 days played from BC-TBC-WTLK-Cata and perhaps i am too much of a noob to know how to trap SO i just wanted a lesson in trapping from that pro person that kicked me

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never seen a more disgusting puddle of e-peen issues and general people-hating people than what some of the people are like in here. The Vote-to-kick should be for getting rid of that douche who won't listen to reason or try to fix his mistakes. Its for people who afk at the start of the instance for no good reason. Its not for getting rid of someone you don't think is doing good enough. As long as they are doing damage and CCing things when they are told to, who are you to pass judgment on them? Sure there are people who will pull 2k dps and not even try to increase there dps when you tell them that their dps is lacking. Unless you are on a fight where dps matters and you have been wiping over and over, you should never even think "Time to vote kick". All of this is in my own opinion here of course.
    Last edited by kortin; 2011-01-13 at 03:50 PM.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

This system has a major flaw in it. Last night we had our tank decide to port out and he got in combat. I logged onto my other acct and went to his server and saw that he was afk with a lvl 4 raptor on this back outside org. We could not kick cause he was in combat so the group was screwed.

Dontcha think that is a prety big design flaw?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kortin View Post
    I've never seen a more disgusting puddle of e-peen issues and general people-hating people than what some of the people are like in here. The Vote-to-kick should be for getting rid of that douche who won't listen to reason or try to fix his mistakes. Its for people who afk at the start of the instance for no good reason. Its not for getting rid of someone you don't think is doing good enough. As long as they are doing damage and CCing things when they are told to, who are you to pass judgment on them? Sure there are people who will pull 2k dps and not even try to increase there dps when you tell them that there dps is lacking. Unless you are on a fight where dps matters and you have been wiping over and over, you should never even think "Time to vote kick". All of this is in my own opinion here.
    Your saying, in essence, that we are forced to carry people? Say I go into LFG with 3 guildies. The tank is amazing, I keep everyone topped, two guild DPS to 10k dps. Then a random hunter comes in, does 2k dps and stands in fire. Can we beat the dungeon with the hunter? Yes, easily, we'll just let him die and finish the bosses ourselves. But ask yourself this: Why? What right does he have to be carried? He can't play, doing 2k dps is barely better than autoattacking. We can kick him and get someone who does 8k dps who deserves to go through the dungeon fast.

That's the thing really. Good groups CAN carry worthless players, but those players do not deserve the drops nor the JP aquired by others than themselves. You don't have to be great, but you have to be decent if you want a group to accept you. 2k dps is not decent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    Your saying, in essence, that we are forced to carry people? Say I go into LFG with 3 guildies. The tank is amazing, I keep everyone topped, two guild DPS to 10k dps. Then a random hunter comes in, does 2k dps and stands in fire. Can we beat the dungeon with the hunter? Yes, easily, we'll just let him die and finish the bosses ourselves. But ask yourself this: Why? What right does he have to be carried? He can't play, doing 2k dps is barely better than autoattacking. We can kick him and get someone who does 8k dps who deserves to go through the dungeon fast.

That's the thing really. Good groups CAN carry worthless players, but those players do not deserve the drops nor the JP aquired by others than themselves. You don't have to be great, but you have to be decent if you want a group to accept you. 2k dps is not decent.
    That's not what i was saying there. or rather what i meant to say. I seem to have forgotten that part that i meant to put in. "Sure there are people who will pull 2k dps and not even try to increase there dps when you tell them that their dps is lacking then a vote kick is very reasonable." Is what i meant to say. I seem to have forgotten to put that part of my thought in, so it came out differently.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

Quote Originally Posted by Ciscero View Post
    Just because someone doesnt know what to do does not mean they are a bad player. It means they are inexperienced of that particular fight, iv come across plenty of players in pug runs that know what to do, ie they dont fail on the mechanics of the fight but they do very little dps or act very ineffective.

How about putting the elitist e-peen down and helping people understand boss fights rather than kicking at the first sign of inexperience?

I never have or never would kick someone if they say "hold up guys, sorry im unsure of the tactics here, can someone just refresh" or some variation of that line... And it really annoys me when iv been in pugs and random deeps have been kick for the above reason.

however I will admit that I not willing to wipe on the same encounter for an hour after explaining to someone once or twice and they still just dont get the fight. My usual response at that stage is "sorry buddy but you just arent getting it, going to have to replace you, go and watch some videos and good luck"

At the end of the day it costs NOTHING to be polite to someone. people dont pay £10 a month for this game to be abuseD... QQ nub zomg L2P scrub go play hello kitty island adventure QQ
    I completely agree with this.

There is also another fine solution that will fix everything without having to depend on the Vote to Kick tool. Run in a group of guildmates or friends. You benefit vastly in the long run with earning Guild Exp, rather than anonymous loot. Also playing with folks you are familiar with, most often ensures a smooth run in the instance.

WoTLK's Dungeon Finder killed the social atmosphere of WoW, Blizz gets bonus points for trying to get us all to play together again in Cata.

The rule is there for a reason. There are wrath babies who believe that if a dungeon is not trivialized by gross over-gearing, something is wrong, and that the only solution is to kick party members until they can faceroll the content.

The rules keep people from abusing kick. If you have to wait 40 minutes between kicks, chances are, the majority of your battlegroup have the I.Q. of a Mac user, or you kick too much. (It's probably the latter)
    If you love someone, you will focus your life on their happiness.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't used the LFD tool since wotlk. Not worth the headache on either side of the equation (either getting a bad group, or getting a group of guildmates who decide they want to bring in another guildy for the last boss after you carried them through most of the instance)

People in this thread are getting the Vote-Kick CD confused with the fact that once ONE person has SUCCESSFULLY been kicked, NO ONE ELSE can be kicked AT ALL for the rest of that dungeon.

the kick is supposed to be a "last resort" action and NOT a regular tool to get rid of "inconvenient" players.
    blizz wants you to be pretty damn sure that the kick's worth it.

also, you're free to leave even though it may ruin your ID.
    tough luck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixup View Post
    People in this thread are getting the Vote-Kick CD confused with the fact that once ONE person has SUCCESSFULLY been kicked, NO ONE ELSE can be kicked AT ALL for the rest of that dungeon.
    Indeed, another huge issue.

Quote Originally Posted by 909 View Post
    the kick is supposed to be a "last resort" action and NOT a regular tool to get rid of "inconvenient" players.
    blizz wants you to be pretty damn sure that the kick's worth it.

also, you're free to leave even though it may ruin your ID.
    tough luck.
    You zone into an instance. Your tank ports out and starts questing. 10 minutes later, you finally get a break in his combat long enough to kick him.
    You re-queue and get another tank. This tank is a DK in full DPS gear who gets 1-shotted by every single trash pack over and over again until he rages at the healer, zones out, and afk's. "You cannot initiate any more party kicks."

The system is simply flawed. But it's impossible to design a system that takes into account the TERRIBLE quality of some players, AND the wanton abuse of the Vote to Kick feature.

Honestly, I'd quite happily accept the Kick abuse if it meant I could kick more than one cancerous roach per run, but that's just me.

And of course another solution is just to not pug. I certainly try to avoid it... group content is what Guilds are for.