Child Protective Services(CPS) Has a right to take your children away.

Title says it all. All they need is suspicion. This can come from even an anonymous call to their toll free phone line.

A friend of mine had Six police officers come with a CPS agent(who incidentally was an obvious Homosexual) into their home and remove his five year old son who had a scrape on his knee from falling off his bike. Apparently his sons teacher saw the scrape and was concerned the boy was being abused. They have absolutely no proof and don't need any. The federal govt pays the state generously for every child in custody. Three months later he is still in custody(even after a chain of court dates accomplishing or doing nothing)

The only two states that do require proof of abuse before the removal of children are New York and California.

There was an incident where someone repeatedly reported the Oklahoma director of CPS and had his son removed from the home.

I don't know if its just me but it really makes me sick to think this kind of thing can happen with no evidence at all.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

What does someone being homosexual have anything to do with this? Red Herring much?

Here in Arkansas, they're called DHS (Department of Human Services) and they don't just up and take children away, even if you fail a drug test required during pregnancies. They basically investigate cases. Just because they don't need proof doesn't mean they don't bother to look for it in any state.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

please tell me this is U.S.A only right? I'm actually disturbed now
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Although the OP is technically correct, cases like these rarely are so simple as "a child had a boo-boo and a nosy person called CPS". And cases where the CPS does just "show up and take your kids away" are rare. For every case that the CPS does this, there are a hundred more where kids are taken from legitamately abusive parents, and equally as many where they show up and don't believe anything is wrong at all.

Quote Originally Posted by the lich knough View Post
    please tell me this is U.S.A only right? I'm actually disturbed now
    As far as I'm concernd it's mostly USA only. It's definitely not so easy here in germany. But laws concerning children are fucked up in most countrys on the world, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    What does someone being homosexual have anything to do with this? Red Herring much?
    Because i don't think someone with those kind of morals should be looking after little boys.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Ive had the same thing happen to my brother.... He was taken away and they investigated if he was abused or not, which of course, he was not. We got him back 4-5 days later. Still sucked... from an anonymous call (though we knew who it was).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by HavokHeart View Post
    Because i don't think someone with those kind of morals should be looking after little boys.
    Predjudice much?
    Please tell your homophobic bullshit elsewhere.

Wow.. That's pretty insane :/ The kid is 5 years old, he should be able to talk himself and say how it happened..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HavokHeart View Post
    I'm speechless from the level of ignorance in this statement. By this logic, straight men shouldn't be able to look after little girls, right?