Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is slightly Iritating that once you download the 2.1Gb off steam... theres another 6Gb to do once the game has launched.

Deleted
    Been playing for a few hours, and first impressions not great..

Firstly, don't know if its my class, but the FPS kinda looking weird . feel disconnected from the world, In need a mouse pointer..when you attack things, just let it get on with it as kinda takes over..Feel like I'm playing with a rod in my back..

So not good its a console game

and games that offer a life-time superscription fee...are already going to fail....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sant View Post
    Been playing for a few hours, and first impressions not great..

Firstly, don't know if its my class, but the FPS kinda looking weird . feel disconnected from the world, In need a mouse pointer..when you attack things, just let it get on with it as kinda takes over..Feel like I'm playing with a rod in my back..

So not good its a console game

and games that offer a life-time superscription fee...are already going to fail....
    I DO regret getting that Lord of the rings online lifetime subscription now. free to play my balls.

Ugh.. LOTRO. I'm glad I didnt opt for the life time, especially since I had both my account and my wifes. I even regret spending the $50 each to begin with, just never got into that game and now I see its f2p.

No Might and Mastery.
    No Hard Light powerset that was touted in early videos.
    No anti-aliasing, thank you console port.
    No secret identities.
    No supergroup bases.
    Powers still suck compared to regular attacks.

Meh.

Maybe it'll get patched to decent level one day, or maybe it will die.
    "The Patient? Well... maybe... the mental kind..."

Added part two to my opening post!

17 hours and only level 17? I got level cap on beta in 10 hours haha.

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    17 hours and only level 17? I got level cap on beta in 10 hours haha.
    I was pvping, afking, recruiting for league and generaly being ganked for over 3 hours total. And it's 12 hours, not 17. I'm also taking it very slow as I see no need to rush the content like you apparently did.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    I was pvping, afking, recruiting for league and generaly being ganked for over 3 hours total. And it's 12 hours, not 17. I'm also taking it very slow as I see no need to rush the content like you apparently did.
    Uh.. I'm a big DC fan. I fully took in every single quest there was in the game. Don't say I was rushing content, because I was most likely enjoying the lore more than you do.

The game is just short. Once you reach level cap, you'll find that there is nothing interesting to do. The endgame content is subpar and very lacking. I know you want to defend your dollar at all cost, but its just true and you'll realize that soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zappaz View Post
    Ugh.. LOTRO. I'm glad I didnt opt for the life time, especially since I had both my account and my wifes. I even regret spending the $50 each to begin with, just never got into that game and now I see its f2p.
    Yeah LoTRO... I preordered the game and got into that open beta... Played it till i got to lvl 20 i believe and got extremly bored from it. Felt like the same old thing, so i canceled my preorder and that was that. I just last month decided to give it another shot with the f2p option but i got up to lvl 20 again and got bored once more. :/.

And DC Universe... I love the universe it is in... But i hate SOE, and am very careful when i buy one of their games now. Starting buzz about the game looks good, however normally the first month buz is good. I'm going to wait 2-3months and see how the feel about the game is then. If they are pumping out content and the player base still feels the game is fun I might give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    Uh.. I'm a big DC fan. I fully took in every single quest there was in the game. Don't say I was rushing content, because I was most likely enjoying the lore more than you do.

The game is just short. Once you reach level cap, you'll find that there is nothing interesting to do. The endgame content is subpar and very lacking. I know you want to defend your dollar at all cost, but its just true and you'll realize that soon.
    I realize that well. It's just that I'm not even expecting the game to have major endgame content so soon after release. Open PvP, ganking and Arenas is just enough endgame for me for now.
    I still don't get how you could reach max lvl (level 30) in 10 hours if you say you weren't rushing. I can't imagine it being possible. I'm doing every single quest too but I'm not particularly slow at questing (being fire makes things even faster since aoe dmg is just incredible) and it still took me 14 hours to lvl 19. It doesn't seem possible to reach 30 in 10 hours without rushing. Maybe they nerfed xp gain from beta?

While I'm only level 11 on my main character (the character creation process is just so much fun, I compulsively have to try every combination), I can say that the combat system is remarkable. Quests aren't so bad with such an innovative way of doing them.

One peeve, though, is that it's clearly not meant for PC. Maybe it's because I'm so used to clicking my abilities, but I really wish I could do that on DCUO.

10+ Year Old Account
    do i have to pay monthly?

well i got it i have been playing i have my likes and my dislikes i like the chain quest and solo dungen things they have going but other than that i really get kinda bored (i don;t care for pvp and from what i hear its filled to the brim with stun locks) the dungens i have missed feelings i like that they are open but i hate how little group orgnization there seems to be. i also like the cusmization level with your toon, over all it is a good game but i am in no means going to quit wow after the 30 day thing is up i am going to cancle my sub or even before that because of dead space 2.