Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steavz View Post
    Nice try, but that is an 'ad hominem'. Names of fictional characters and especially nicknames do not fall under proper grammatical guidelines. That's like saying, "uh, sorry Blizzard, this boss can not be named Cho'gall, that isn't a real word".
    It's not really an ad hominem when what he's attacking is related to the argument. He's still not valid in what he's saying, but it's not an ad hominem.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not really an ad hominem when what he's attacking is related to the argument. He's still not valid in what he's saying, but it's not an ad hominem.
    True, poor choice of words. I could have gotten the point across without the first sentence.

@ Siton's post; Funny, the reason I'm on his ignore is because he was offended by my old Avatar, which is quite hypocritical, in my opinion.
    Last edited by Steavz; 2011-01-15 at 04:00 PM.
    "Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure. When in fact to be proven wrong should be celebrated. It is [being elevated] to a new level of understanding." - Peter Joseph
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy
    ... I live in Texas and I have seen a TON of climate change in ONE day ...
    ZOMG! Play NES games in your browser!

ROFL dude u m@d cus of grammar is laaame (sry if i offended u with my grammar)

Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    ROFL dude u m@d cus of grammar is laaame (sry if i offended u with my grammar)
    Hardly "m@d" and offended. You're the one that looks and sounds like an idiot.
    "Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure. When in fact to be proven wrong should be celebrated. It is [being elevated] to a new level of understanding." - Peter Joseph

im not the one trying to play superior with grammar on a wow forum ROFL

using proper punctuation urself is 1 thing but acting laik u need to tiech the rest of the wojld becuz it bothers u is pathethic

10+ Year Old Account
    Proper grammar is extremely important. It may not be for native English speakers who can somehow guess the correct words, but for non-native English speakers such as myself, something that is written in bad grammer and has spelling errors on top of it can become extremely difficult to figure out.

so u didnt understand what i said?

personanly u can talk to me with as bad grammar as u want to its just as esey for me tu riiied it i just never feel like stomping on poepel with an actual language barrier but meybe thats just me
    Last edited by pucGG; 2011-01-15 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Eboreus View Post
    Acronyms are also bad when people use them without any context or without even understanding what they mean (WTB Embersilk Cloth please PST me).
    i do not in any way mean to come off more acrimonious than thou but wtb is an acronym and pst is an onomatopoeic contraction

capitalisation no
    punctuation no
    legible yes

get over yourselves
    LOL, look at this angry kid go. Sounds like someone is bleeding from the vagina today. I don't know what I said to piss you off like this, kid, but I do know you must have TONS of friends and a healthy social life with that personality!-(Sindershock)
    The hardcore players are happy with the difficulty (with the exception of Buzzkill, who seems to enjoy complaining)
    Plagued Proto-Drakes suddenly become "Slightly Infected Chicken Drakes", or "Last Nights Takeaway Drakes".chronalis
    `Trolls need locks, wtf. It only fucking makes the most sense.`

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets eat, grandma.
    Lets eat grandma.

Basic English skills are important, yet, sadly, the "internet lingo" is clearly too much for people to shake off. I've actually seen people use emoticons during a formal essay, and wonder why they failed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Public Service Announcement.

Posting to spread the truth!

Edit, to stay on topic: I completely agree, think how widely used this forum is, and how unclassy it looks when its filled with abbreviations and incorrect grammar. I know there are many who use this forum and don't speak English as a first language, and that's totally fine, since its often quite distinguishable who can and can't, and that doesn't matter at all. I see many posters who according to the location are not from English speaking countries, who speak better English than those who are. It takes no effort to use correct grammar, and it makes the community look better to outsiders.
    Last edited by Syntic; 2011-01-15 at 04:38 PM.

using proper punctuation urself is 1 thing but acting laik u need to tiech the rest of the wojld becuz it bothers u is pathethic
    Hmmm.. I'll pull a quote from one of your other posts, I don't believe it's taken out of context.
    ...but if you could at least put some effort into your posts...
    go be a hypocritical troll somewhere else, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    Proper grammar is extremely important. It may not be for native English speakers who can somehow guess the correct words, but for non-native English speakers such as myself, something that is written in bad grammer and has spelling errors on top of it can become extremely difficult to figure out.
    i call bullshit on this.
    if you have problems decrypting (ha) someones bad grammAr then i think the fault lies more in you and your lack of comprehension than on someone elses lack of punctuation and formal syntax.
    Last edited by Noetic Concordance; 2011-01-15 at 04:16 PM.
    LOL, look at this angry kid go. Sounds like someone is bleeding from the vagina today. I don't know what I said to piss you off like this, kid, but I do know you must have TONS of friends and a healthy social life with that personality!-(Sindershock)
    The hardcore players are happy with the difficulty (with the exception of Buzzkill, who seems to enjoy complaining)
    Plagued Proto-Drakes suddenly become "Slightly Infected Chicken Drakes", or "Last Nights Takeaway Drakes".chronalis
    `Trolls need locks, wtf. It only fucking makes the most sense.`

Quote Originally Posted by Steavz View Post
    go be a hypocritical troll somewhere else, please.
    I never said I couldn't speak English, I was just trying to say that some people actually have language barriers (my native isn't english) and there is no reason to step on them. In addition to that, I wasn't talking about that individuals grammar (the one you quoted me about), but him making unintelligible statements. Although nice try, trying to make me look bad, and perhaps you go be a bigot troll somewhere else.

i'll admit i'm the first (as you can see) to ignore most capitalization. I also sometimes abbreviate things.

But I am sick to hell of "to" and "too" being used interchangeably.

These are two very different words and besides, it's one more freaking "O."

Some words are difficult for people who have English as a second or third language. Like the difference between effect and affect, to and too, legerdemain and showmanship. You can't expect everyone to be as good at everything as you are.

That's the point, people think that others think they are superior, but by thinking that, they're actually confirming it.
    What I mean is, we don't think we're superior. Well, didn't, until you opened your mouth.

---------- Post added 2011-01-15 at 05:31 PM ----------

Some words are difficult for people who have English as a second or third language. Like the difference between effect and affect, to and too, legerdemain and showmanship. You can't expect everyone to be as good at everything as you are.
    And exactly that is not the point. It's not mistaking similar words, it's not forgetting apostrophes, it's deliberately mispelling words in a way that other people can hardly understand them.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    That's the point, people think that others think they are superior, but by thinking that, they're actually confirming it.
    What I mean is, we don't think we're superior. Well, didn't, until you opened your mouth.
    So if I say you are playing superior, I am actually confirming that you are superior. I must say I did not know that at all.

I must say, just to be anoing, that using, commas, every now and then, in a sentence, is quite anoing, to.
    This I can say when, me myself, isn't good at english, at all.

Very interesting...what's the music?

I never said I couldn't speak English, I was just trying to say that some people actually have language barriers (my native isn't english) and there is no reason to step on them. In addition to that, I wasn't talking about that individuals grammar (the one you quoted me about), but him making unintelligible statements. Although nice try, trying to make me look bad, and perhaps you go be a bigot troll somewhere else.
    Well then, you obviously didn't even read the first line of the OP before you felt you had to write a post and expect everyone to stop and read yours. If you cannot even be bothered to read the OP, then I've already given you much more troll food than I should have. As for being a Bigot? Get over yourself.