Thread: Regen trinkets

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aes2 View Post
    Get out.
    I am inclined to agree.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Updated with some calculations. Please tell me if it's really off.

Darkmoon Card Tsunami looks insanely good.

Deleted
    With the change to Mandala of Stirring Patterns (it procs INT instead of mastery) will this trinket be better than Witching Hourglass? (Sorry can't link) Although holy concentration is nerfed, with +1920 int procced, and shadowfiend (and hymn of hope if possible) used, it will be still very strong for regen. I cant prove it with math, but i would guess that only Tsunami and the valor trinkets are better than Mandala pre-raid with this change.

lulzerbeams

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Just lost Tear of Blood Heroic to a Shadow Priest,

Sigh=/

Blizzard really needs to do something about DPS being able to roll on Healing Trinkets,

I'm just gonna start master looting that boss....
    Yeah, it goes both ways. I lost Robes of Rampant Growth to the healer a couple nights ago. Oh, well. It's fairly simple to avoid this as a healer. If anyone in the group can use your drop, leave, instead of taking the chance. Do some Archaeology or other nonsense while you wait for deserter to fall off.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i play both a disc priest and a resto shaman. since mana tide is now raid wide(4.0.6), i would use the best proc trinket and the best on use trinket. if you can time the on use with a mana tide you get WAY more out of it.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    i play both a disc priest and a resto shaman. since mana tide is now raid wide(4.0.6), i would use the best proc trinket and the best on use trinket. if you can time the on use with a mana tide you get WAY more out of it.
    As of 4.0.6, Mana Tide no longer scales off the reciever's spirit, or any buffs on the caster.

Im playing as Disc and I noticed a big diffrence in Mana issues bettewen Holy and Disc as both a Tank / Raid healer. As Holy for Raid healing I can last maybe 2mins before I start going OOM but with Disc I can go a Full 10mins Raid or Tank Healing without going OOM. Had a pretty piss poor pug group on Magmaw took 10mins for the dps to down the boss we only succeded cause myself and a guildie shaman healer brought our (A) Game.

if your a priest and your having mana Issues switch to Disc learn all the little tricks to maximizing your Mana return and youll be golden P.S. Disc can raid heal as good if not better then Holy in alot of situations.

Some examples of maximizing your mana return I hope this helps

#1 PW:S should only be used on the Tank for Crit Buff and Rapture Mana return Cast 1x Heal to reduce weakened soul debuff so you can get Rapture proc as soon as its ready 12 sec instead of every 15secs. Just doing that alone assuming you have 100k mana that works out to be a 500mp5 increase.

#2 ShadowFiend / Hymn of Hope at the same time. Hymn of hope increase your Maximum mana by 15% that means your ShadowFiend transfers more mana to you.

#3 Smite as your go to heal when you dont need to heavly heal the raid or tank and dont use archangel you benefit more from the reduced mana cost of smite and penance then that 5% mana return garbage.

#4 use Inner Focus when ever its ready depending if your reducing the CD with GH or not its an average mana return of 750mp5

In other words dont depend just on your Trinkets to maximize your Disc mana regen utilize everything you have within talents and spells aswell. if your going OOM after 5mins even on a tough encounter your doing something wrong.
    Last edited by Spawnxxx; 2011-01-16 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCross View Post
    Yeah, it goes both ways. I lost Robes of Rampant Growth to the healer a couple nights ago. Oh, well. It's fairly simple to avoid this as a healer. If anyone in the group can use your drop, leave, instead of taking the chance. Do some Archaeology or other nonsense while you wait for deserter to fall off.
    If Robes of Rampant Growth had hit on them, I could understand that comment - but, they don't...

Quote Originally Posted by Spawnxxx View Post
    Some examples of maximizing your mana return I hope this helps

#2 ShadowFiend / Hymn of Hope at the same time. Hymn of hope increase your Maximum mana by 15% that means your ShadowFiend transfers more mana to you.

In other words dont depend just on your Trinkets to maximize your Disc mana regen utilize everything you have within talents and spells aswell. if your going OOM after 5mins even on a tough encounter your doing something wrong.
    I agree with everything else but these two points. The entry level fights have a lot of "burn phases" and some of them are very mobile also. You won't really have to expend your mana bar too much on some fights till the last 25-35% so you can pop a hymn early on but it is not wise to use 2 mana CDs at once anymore. TBH I hardly use HoH anymore on fights however, I did take Veiled Shadows so I can squeeze out 2 fiends on fights. You really don't have the time to sit there for about 7 seconds channeling HoH in lieu of healing or often there is some crap coming at you that makes you cancel the spell early.
    Some fights you will definitely be OOM or running on empty after 5 mins with Halfus being the obvious example. Other fights you will be at 20-40% mana the entire time even after proccing all your goodies due to the waves of damage that come.

I'm curious as to why everyone is so against the Mandala of Stirring Patterns. Obviously it's not a good regen trinket but mastery is just as good or better than haste for throughput and blows crit out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpowr View Post
    TBH I hardly use HoH anymore on fights however, I did take Veiled Shadows so I can squeeze out 2 fiends on fights. You really don't have the time to sit there for about 7 seconds channeling HoH in lieu of healing or often there is some crap coming at you that makes you cancel the spell early.
    While it's nice to be able to channel HoH the full duration for the mana it returns directly, being in a chaotic fight where there's no opportunity to channel it for the duration or even a few ticks doesn't preclude its usefullness. If all you do is cast it then immediately break the channel and cast shadowfiend, you'll see a substantially larger mana gain due to the shadowfiend's return being based against your total mana pool, which will still be increased for the full duration regardless.

Even in rough fights, though, you can still usually get off several ticks easily enough if a CD (PW:B / PS / GS / tank's own CD) is in play and you get the tank to a decent health level (much easier as disc since you have two powerful mitigation tools on short CD).

Quote Originally Posted by Aiurwyn View Post
    I'm curious as to why everyone is so against the Mandala of Stirring Patterns. Obviously it's not a good regen trinket but
    It's a weak regen trinket with a mediocre througput proc.

It'll be better when it's an Intellect proc. Mastery as a proc is just... blah.
    mastery is just as good or better than haste for throughput and blows crit out of the water.
    Yes to blowing crit "out of the water". But laughably no to "just as good or better than haste".

lulzerbeams

Quote Originally Posted by ContentsMayVary View Post
    If Robes of Rampant Growth had hit on them, I could understand that comment - but, they don't...
    It's cloth. Crit is the worst secondary stat for healing Priests. Tear of Blood has a load of Intellect, Shadow's most important stat, so if we're ignoring secondary factors (like Crit sucks for cloth healers), there's no reason why a DPS shouldn't roll on a spellpower trinket with a secondary ability that isn't optimum or even useful. Healers just want to roll on everything, then piss and moan when others do the same. The minute someone gets greedy, they can rest assured I'll roll on every single drop where I see the Need button available from that point on in the instance. That's why I love the random finder. You can fight fire with fire.

TLDR- If robes of Rampant growth had Spirit on them, I could understand that comment- but, they don't...

See how easy that is?
    Last edited by TwistedCross; 2011-01-17 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ainra View Post
    Ooooh, thanks for the feedback on that trinket! Good to know. And I totally never said you like to disagree! We all need our own opinions or we would just be robots
    Oh yes, Tsunami is amazing. It procs nearly 100% of the time, as well as off of everything we have, including Echo of Light

Anyone got the math of the Lifebound Alchemist's Stone? What about the new Intellect one? I have Tsunami and don't know if I should pick up Core or wait for the new Alch stone..
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

im thinking im gonna get the core of ripeness, to go with my blood of isiset. Im holy (probably forever xD) and i have reforged the blood of isiset to spi. Now for the question... should i keep killing myself in stonecore pugs just for the H tear of blood(i have the reg version atm)? Is it a huge upgrade of the H blood of isiset? Atm im gearing for mastery since im at that magical renew number for haste in raids. ty for checkin my post out btw =D

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    It's a weak regen trinket with a mediocre througput proc.

It'll be better when it's an Intellect proc. Mastery as a proc is just... blah.
    Yes to blowing crit "out of the water". But laughably no to "just as good or better than haste".
    According to the math done on EJ 128 haste =1% increased healing and 143 mastery= 1% increased healing with that added benefit of allowing your mana to last longer. So from a pure throughput stand point, Haste is only slightly better and for longevity mastery takes the cake.

That aside the change to int is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiurwyn View Post
    According to the math done on EJ 128 haste =1% increased healing and 143 mastery= 1% increased healing with that added benefit of allowing your mana to last longer. So from a pure throughput stand point, Haste is only slightly better and for longevity mastery takes the cake.
    The problem with that math is it looks at throughput and efficiency of a spell in isolation, rather than in context of your overall casting. Additional haste also means being able to land Heal more often, reducing the frequency with which you need to resort to a more expensive alternative. So while haste is ahead on HPS, it's not without its own slice of 'dessert' when it comes to enabling longevity.

Oh I agree. I am not saying to avoid haste in favor of mastery. Just pointing out that the margin isn't that big if it is truly there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Oh yes, Tsunami is amazing. It procs nearly 100% of the time, as well as off of everything we have, including Echo of Light
    I know they changed it recently, but does "everything" now also cover atonement?

Quote Originally Posted by Cadi View Post
    I know they changed it recently, but does "everything" now also cover atonement?
    I can probably tell you after tonight

---

Only played as Smite spam for Halfus so it does not proc off Atonement nor PW:S as that's all I did and didn't have a single stack of it for the duration of the fight.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...8/?s=256&e=588
    Last edited by Mazi; 2011-01-19 at 01:48 PM.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest