Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    I've been to watch 3D films and it's blown me away and if gaming turns out to be half as good I want! I'm waiting to see a demo of 3D gaming first before I decide whether to purchase or not.
    I just thought of them as annoying, but I have regular glasses which I had to have beneath the 3d-glasses. Was not comfortable. It's unfair to judge it by that, I guess.

As for gaming, I've tried it at my friends' (I'm always really careful about what I buy; I live in a 3room-apartment, where my brother and his GF lives with me. [of course they don't pay for themselves, and I only get €500~/month ._.] So I want to try things out first) and all it does is making me feel dizzy as soon as the camera moves. Here I'm not alone, however, as most people I've talked with agree.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    I just thought of them as annoying, but I have regular glasses which I had to have beneath the 3d-glasses. Was not comfortable. It's unfair to judge it by that, I guess.

As for gaming, I've tried it at my friends' (I'm always really careful about what I buy; I live in a 3room-apartment, where my brother and his GF lives with me. [of course they don't pay for themselves, and I only get €500~/month ._.] So I want to try things out first) and all it does is making me feel dizzy as soon as the camera moves. Here I'm not alone, however, as most people I've talked with agree.
    dont really care about 3D , after a long time ur eyes start to hurt and u feel dizzy. I even hate watching 3D movies.

i28.photobucket.com/albums/c248/KroLeXz/010.jpg
    i28.photobucket.com/albums/c248/KroLeXz/009.jpg
    i28.photobucket.com/albums/c248/KroLeXz/008.jpg
    i28.photobucket.com/albums/c248/KroLeXz/007.jpg

youtube.com/watch?v=yp3GI_68nHM

mmo not letting me post links.

Deleted

- Case: Antec 300 Gaming Case
    - CPU: Intel Core i5 760 2.80GHz overclocked to 4.00GHz
    - Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3 Intel P55
    - Cooler: Corsair H70 CPU Cooler
    - RAM: Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz
    - Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB SATA-II 16MB Cache
    - Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 460 OC Hawx Edition
    - Monitor Sony Bravia 42" 1080p HDTV (cant remember the model)
    - Sound 5.1 Surround sound (Game/MSN/Music), Creative Fatality MkII Headtset (Vent/Skype)
    - And the all important poker chips

Quote Originally Posted by Myxil View Post
    dont really care about 3D , after a long time ur eyes start to hurt and u feel dizzy. I even hate watching 3D movies.
    I don't get motion sickness so I'm ok . My eyes hurt looking at any screen for too long so it makes no difference to me. Also I think you can turn off the 3D with the Nvidia setup if it gets too much after a while. The 120Hz refresh is appealing also.
    [/url]

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post

Monitor that I use

I have a VGA adapter so I can play exclusive console games on my monitor

Pictures are too big for MMO-Champ. Click for full size.

Specs are:
    i5-760 quad-core @ 4.0GHz
    Hyper 212+ CPU cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3 Motherboard
    Nvidia GTX 460 1gb overclocked to 845/1690/2000 on stock voltages. I can get the core clock to 900mhz and memory clock to 2200 by upping the voltages, but these settings are for my 24/7 gaming right now.
    Nvidia GTS 250 dedicated PhysX card*new
    G.SKILL Ripjaw 4gb(2x2) 1600. All you need for gaming. I plan on buying another set for video editing and other stuff.
    Seagate barracuda 7200RPM 1TB Hard Drive. I plan on buying another one and put them in raid 0 soon. I might get a SSD once they are more optimal and less expensive.
    Cooler Mater Storm Scout case
    Acer 23" H233H 1080p Monitor

The total was around 1,113.87 USD
    I added to this build. Added a GTS 250 as a dedicated PhysX card. My motherboard isn't SLI compatable, so I used my old GTS 250 and put it in the extra 16x pci-e slot, running at 4x. a 20 fps boost in Mafia 2 with max physx settings for no cost is very nice. Running 60fps on Mafia 2 1920x1080p, and max settings, including physx is very nice indeed.

15+ Year Old Account
    lets see...

CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz

video GeForce GTX 260

er...ya that's all that i can remember atm XD
    (cant even remember the specs of something i use hours a day, thats real bad on me)

its runs any game i found max grat but it loves to screw with me with random restarts and BSOD : / think i just run it to hard tho.
    im trap in this bullshit this routine of life. they build us all up just to tear us all down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_fruit
    "its like my tongue on LSD"

Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    I don't get motion sickness so I'm ok . My eyes hurt looking at any screen for too long so it makes no difference to me. Also I think you can turn off the 3D with the Nvidia setup if it gets too much after a while. The 120Hz refresh is appealing also.
    Watching 3D often or on a daily basis is VERY dangerous for your eyes. My friend now uses glasses after excessive use of 3D. You've been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Holy crap is that an Intuos tablet?!
    Yup, Intuos 4 L (^_^)

I'm seeing all these and crying...mine is shitty with a little extra shit to go with a side of shit..with a shitshake

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Moar! Show me moar!
    Main: Tehblùe Alts: Clareical, Tehbangin
    Co-GM <Glory After Death> | Moderator for #trancefamily. Come join the family :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Kio View Post
    Something being harder will not teach people how to play the game. It will just make the people that suck, suck more.

NZXT Tempest EVO
    Intel i5-750
    CoolerMaster hyper +212
    Asus P7P55D Deluxe
    Sapphire HD6950
    4GB OCZ Gold 1600
    Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB

I <3 it (though I'm waiting for the next generation of SandyBridge to come out...then I may spend money)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muCephei View Post
    I <3 it (though I'm waiting for the next generation of SandyBridge to come out...then I may spend money)
    Sandy Bridge IS the next generation of i5/i7 cpu's :P
    Doubt the next gen will be called the same thing >_<

---------- Post added 2011-01-17 at 11:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tehblue View Post
    Moar! Show me moar!
    Not mine, but you asked for it = /

Last edited by Xuvial; 2011-01-17 at 11:06 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

The next gen will be using the SandyBridge nomier and will be using the 20XX socket type...I think >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muCephei View Post
    The next gen will be using the SandyBridge nomier and will be using the 20XX socket type...I think >_>
    That's not exactly "next gen", that's just the sandy bridge EXTREME version (6-core) that will most probably cost $900-$1100+, they've delayed it quite a bit into this year. The i7 970/975/980X equivalent, so to speak....still looking forward to buying it? :P
    Basically LGA1156 was for Low-Mainstream and LGA1366 was for Enthusiast-Extreme. For Sandy Bridge however they've managed to cover Low-Mainstream-Enthusiast on the single LGA1155 platform, and left the Extreme for LGA2011. Makes more sense
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2011-01-18 at 12:38 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Which is partly why i'm not bothered building the system I am, even current SB systems won't match dual six core Xeons for the moment. When 2011 comes out, who knows if they'll do something similar or not.

Well from what I've heard the 1365 was supposed to be the replacement for the 1366 socket. (Ivybridge?) It was supposed to be due this year or next year, but I've heard that Intel may scrap that and move straight to the Haswell architecture which would be the 22nm scale and feature DDR4 Ram.

Though I have no clue really as it seems to be all speculation. What I'm really interested to see is AMD's response to Sandy bridge and the new bulldozer CPU. Currently Intel is not only crushing AMD, but doing it cheaper too :/
    CPU - i7-950 @ 4.1ghz
    GPU - GTX 470 @ 880/1760/2100
    Storage - 2x Crucial C300 64GB SSD Raid 0 / 1x WD CB 1TB / 2x WD CB 640GB
    Memory - 6GB Corsair Dominator 1600
    PSU - 1000W Coolermaster Silent Pro
    Case - Coolermaster HAF X
    CPU Water Block - EK Supreme Nickel/Plexi CPU Water Block
    GPU Water Block - EK GTX 470 Nickel/Plexi GPU Water Block

Quote Originally Posted by Nickle View Post
    Well from what I've heard the 1365 was supposed to be the replacement for the 1366 socket. (Ivybridge?) It was supposed to be due this year or next year, but I've heard that Intel may scrap that and move straight to the Haswell architecture which would be the 22nm scale and feature DDR4 Ram.

Though I have no clue really as it seems to be all speculation. What I'm really interested to see is AMD's response to Sandy bridge and the new bulldozer CPU. Currently Intel is not only crushing AMD, but doing it cheaper too :/
    Intel has been crushing AMD for years now, and have been the king of overclocking longer than I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    Intel has been crushing AMD for years now, and have been the king of overclocking longer than I can remember.
    Don't start a fanboy flamewar now

Quote Originally Posted by Myxil View Post
    Don't start a fanboy flamewar now
    I'm no fanboy. I would use AMD if they were better than intel, but clearly thats not the case, especially with overclocking.