Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    104 working good, last 3 cores getting utilized now! thanks a lott

Quote Originally Posted by Tregan View Post
    104 working good, last 3 cores getting utilized now! thanks a lott
    Just to clarify. I did the original math wrong.

It should be 56 for hexcore.

Let me know how that works for you.

Should force wow over 4/5/6

It was late last night. lol and I was retarded.

My CPU is AMD Phenom X6 1090T BE, what number should i put for SET AffinityMask "??"

Thanks

Deleted
    Hey,

My CPU is Intel(R)Core(TM) i5 CPU, which number should I put for SET AffinityMask "??"

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrou View Post
    My CPU is AMD Phenom X6 1090T BE, what number should i put for SET AffinityMask "??"

Thanks
    for you 56

---------- Post added 2011-01-18 at 01:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Noiranda View Post
    Hey,

My CPU is Intel(R)Core(TM) i5 CPU, which number should I put for SET AffinityMask "??"

Thanks in advance
    REad the op yo...

It depends which model you have..

quad core with no ht.

or dual core with ht.

looking like this now strunker:

strunker, you are a genious. and the guy who figured out which settings to use for a hexcore. wow is running smooth like silk, my task manager looks like the one tregan posted.

Okay, I'm probably being an idiot here, but I've read the OP and I cannot for the life of me find AffinityMask or processAffinityMask in my config.wtf. The only thing relating to cores in config.wtf seems to be coresDetected "2". I use Win7 if that matters.

Do I just type in a new CVAR of "SET processAffinityMask "5" " myself?

Deleted
    It IT a big difference if you have 50 or 80 fps, check here:
    www[dot]100fps[dot]com/how_many_frames_can_humans_see[dot]htm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    I've read the OP and I cannot for the life of me find AffinityMask or processAffinityMask in my config.wtf. The only thing relating to cores in config.wtf seems to be coresDetected "2". I use Win7 if that matters.
    Do I just type in a new CVAR of "SET processAffinityMask "5" " myself?
    The command isn't there in the file by default, so if you want it, you have to just add it. However, it sounds like you have a dual core processor, and in that case WoW already utilizes your CPU cores in the best configuration so you don't need to do anything and won't benefit from adding the CVAR. (See post #19)

If you upgrade to more cores someday the line to add to the bottom of your config.wtf file is:
    SET processAffinityMask "84"
    (or whatever affinity mask number is best for you)

Quote Originally Posted by strunker View Post
    - TCPNoDelay -
    This one is pretty simple

Type "regedit" in windows "run.." dialog to bring up registry menu

Then find:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSMQ\Parameters

Right-click in the right hand pane and add a new DWORD value, name it TCPNoDelay, then right click the entry and click Modify and assign a value of 1.

Click Ok and close the registry editor, then reboot your PC.
    I just want to note that the MSMQ key DOES NOT EXIST IN WINDOWS VISTA BY DEFAULT. If you cannot find the MSMQ key, then please do this instead:

Open up notepad and paste in the following:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSMQ]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSMQ\Parameters]
    "TCPNoDelay"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSMQ\Parameters\OCMsetup]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSMQ\Parameters\Security]
    "SecureDSCommunication"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSMQ\Parameters\setup]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSMQ\Setup]
    Save it as MSMQ.reg (yes, .reg, not .txt) and then double click it. It will ask if you're sure blah blah, click yes. You can then delete the file. Reboot.

---------- Post added 2011-01-18 at 11:12 AM ----------

I can't edit my post...

Also, for some reason mmo is putting a space in the word PARAMETERS, so please remove the space before saving the file.

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmon View Post
    The command isn't there in the file by default, so if you want it, you have to just add it. However, it sounds like you have a dual core processor, and in that case WoW already utilizes your CPU cores in the best configuration so you don't need to do anything and won't benefit from adding the CVAR. (See post #19)

If you upgrade to more cores someday the line to add to the bottom of your config.wtf file is:
    SET processAffinityMask "84"
    (or whatever affinity mask number is best for you)
    Hmm, that's a shame. The way I read the guide made it sound as if there were still gains to be made by setting it to 5 even if you just have a dual-core. Thanks for the help, regardless.

Alright, I'm a lazy bum, so can someone tell me what to set for AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition?
    I would appreciate it greatly!

Thanks for the guide. I do got one question regards the CPU.
    I use a AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.40 GHz. Now not seeing where this CPU belongs on your list. Dunno if it got HT or not, don't even know what ht is, what affinitymask should I set it to? 56 like Shinrou with his X6 1090T ?

Thanks in advance
    Shaman since Vanilla. All the way !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowiesh View Post
    Thanks for the guide. I do got one question regards the CPU.
    I use a AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.40 GHz. Now not seeing where this CPU belongs on your list. Dunno if it got HT or not, don't even know what ht is, what affinitymask should I set it to? 56 like Shinrou with his X6 1090T ?

Thanks in advance
    Your CPU does not have HT. Just use normal 4 core settings, I think it was "15"?

Quote Originally Posted by strunker View Post
    Multi-Core Cpu Architecture and WoW / Lag and Graphical tweaks...Guide
    So could you or anyone tell me why setting "CVar processAffinityMask 255" to force WoW to use all 4 cores + the 4 HT 'Virtual' cores would or would not work as apposed to your recommended setting of 84.

For the record, WoWWiki suggests setting 85 for Core i7 w/ HT.

Maybe it should be added to the OP that AMD CPUs does not have HT (Intel only tech?), for all those wondering which values to use on their AMD CPU?
    (unless I am horribly wrong, and there actually exists an HT-equivalent technology for AMD as well?)

Btw, nice guide, looking forward to test it tonight!

I was wondering how this changes in a multi-cpu setup (I have 2 quad xeons with HT: 8+8v total cores) also, is this applicable under MacOS? dunno if Grand Central Dispatch or any other related tech does this already for us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kvitso View Post
    Maybe it should be added to the OP that AMD CPUs does not have HT (Intel only tech?), for all those wondering which values to use on their AMD CPU?
    (unless I am horribly wrong, and there actually exists an HT-equivalent technology for AMD as well?)

Btw, nice guide, looking forward to test it tonight!
    AMD has no such tech.

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost all of the last bunch of questions can be answered by browsing strunker's original post and a few of the posts after that including some of mine... pretty much all the useful mask numbers are summed up in post #19.

Can't you guys just read them instead of asking question that have already been answered?

As for Xeons... they're a really weird chip, and I found out quickly that I don't know enough about them to give proper advice, other than telling you to seek details here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xeon

I saw something in there about quad Xeon still only accepting single CPU operations or something like that, so I don't know if it actually behaves the same as today's quad cores, and same goes for their HT. You'll probably have to do more reading about it yourself...
    If it's actually like having two quad core HT processors then that would make make 16 threads... There's probably no need to allocate WoW to the last few threads because the whole point of this stuff is to just get the game off the threads that the OS would be using, not to stick wow at the highest number threads. You could probably just pick a number that works for single quad cores with (84 or 252) or without HT (14) and it might still effectively mask the first core so that game avoids it.