Sin & Punishment not fixed.

It still shares dimishing returns with itself, you call this a fix Blizzard?

Still getting spamdispelled 24/7. Wtb a proper solution.

Yes because being the only class with a horror effect that doesn't have diminishing returns would be completely fair...

They state it shares DR with similar horror effects like physic horror, death coil and itself. Which imo is stupid. So after I use physic horror on the healer to stun him he can dispel my Dots with no worry's now.

Nothing fixed.

---------- Post added 2011-01-19 at 06:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Yes because being the only class with a horror effect that doesn't have diminishing returns would be completely fair...
    Its our ONLY Dot protection, it shouldn't have a DR with itself or break on damage. It just encourages healers to dispel our dots more after the first.
    Last edited by zito; 2011-01-19 at 06:10 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Reduce the Silence on Unstable Afflicion to 3 seconds, remove the damage, and make the Silence a Horror so it shares DR with Death Coil. Then ask them how awesome their Dispel protection is.

Also, us and Warlocks are the only classes in the game with Horror effects, and both of them are three seconds long and have a 1.5 minute cooldown. Unless they spam Dispel and make themselves immune to it...
    Last edited by Abandon; 2011-01-19 at 06:28 PM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Reduce the Silence on Unstable Afflicion to 3 seconds, remove the damage, and make the Silence a Horror so it shares DR with Death Coil. Then ask them how awesome their Dispel protection is.

Also, us and Warlocks are the only classes in the game with Horror effects, and both of them are three seconds long and have a 1.5 minute cooldown. Unless they spam Dispel and make themselves immune to it...
    You forgot sin and punishment breaking on damage

:'(

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    They state it shares DR with similar horror effects like physic horror, death coil and itself. Which imo is stupid. So after I use physic horror on the healer to stun him he can dispel my Dots with no worry's now.

Nothing fixed.

---------- Post added 2011-01-19 at 06:03 PM ----------

Its our ONLY Dot protection, it shouldn't have a DR with itself or break on damage. It just encourages healers to dispel our dots more after the first.
    I can tell you that I spam dispel when I see shadow priest dots so I can trigger the DR.

It's almost as bad as demo locks, it's obvious it's the tree blizzard wants us to use for PvP because of the MS effect the felguard has, yet it has zero dispel protection, leaving us with slow casting DD spells and our felguard as the only way to do any damage against a dispel happy healer.

I thought they were suppose to fix dispel spamming, but I still see it all the time. It's still cheaper to dispel dots than it is to heal through the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    You forgot sin and punishment breaking on damage

:'(
    This does compliment the DRing itself issue. Honestly the damage on dispel never should have been removed, in addition to other issues, but that's just my opinion.

it ptr alot of thing aren't working yet.

This was hotfixed on the live servers, not the PTR. On the PTR there seem to be no changes to this spell.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

What about changing VT to a curse effect instead of a magic and removing Sin & Punishment's VT dispel horror effect altogether.

Thus an spriest would have 1 magic - SW:P, 1 disease - DP and 1 curse - VT dot effects. Given the following:

Priest - Cure Disease (disease and poison - talented) and Dispel Magic (2x harmful or beneficial magic on enemy or ally) - CANNOT dispel VT.
    Pally - Cleanse (Poison, disease and harmful magic on ally - talented) - CANNOT dispel VT.
    Shammy - Cleanse Spirit (Curse and harmful magic on ally - talented) and Purge (2x beneficial magic on enemy) - CANNOT dispel DP.
    Druid - Remove Corruption (Curse, Poison and harmful Magic on ally - talented) - CANNOT dispel DP.
    Mage - Remove Curse - CANNOT dispel SW:P or DP.

Then no ONE class can ever dispel ALL of our dots. This would effectively result in an improvement against fellow priests and pallies, remaining the same against shammy and druids (since they can dispel VT as either a magic or curse effect) and slight neg impact against mages... This results in arena 2v2 teams such as mage/pally or druid/priest, requiring both classes to utilise their dispel abilities to remove ALL of an spriests dots.

I can't remember exactly but i think DP used to be a curse back when it was an undead racial or perhaps i'm thinking of only the old Touch/Hex of Weakness priest racial which was definitely a curse effect. So i can't really see the problem of a priest being able to cast curses if only 1. Currently i think warlocks are the only class that can cast a curse and IMO different types of debuffs should be shared among classes just like different schools of magic are ie priest has holy and shadow, lock has shadow and fire, druid have nature and arcane...

Comments?
    Last edited by Lathander04; 2011-01-23 at 04:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hex, too, is a curse.

That said, when I'm healing, I cringe at Lock Dots. Hell, when I'm shadow I cringe at them. I can generally dispel them off and pray for the best. Other than that... I don't mind priest dots. I can make myself immune to one CC of a priest, I can WotF out of it if it gets through, I can dispel and hit dispersion for the S&P, in other words, I don't cringe at sPriests. The thing that I've found Spriests to be good for in arena is simply being an MC bot. Throw your dots around, sure, but make sure to keep that nasty Warrior MC'd and off your healer. Bonus points if you dot your MC target first. Past that, I feel useless half the time. I will say that if we go against a Spriest/Lock/Healer team again, I'm on dispel duty instead of our healer. It sucks, but, I get em off faster and I'm keeping their damage down so our healer can CC, which is much better than mine.

The silence from dispelling Unstable Affliction does not have any DRs, why should this?

People will continue to mindlessly spam dispel our dots if this doesn't get changed.
    Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jamlol View Post
    The silence from dispelling Unstable Affliction does not have any DRs, why should this?
    Umm... because it does?

People will continue to mindlessly spam dispel our dots if this doesn't get changed.
    So raise the costs of Dispels.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    That would have an effect on PVE as well though. For PVE, it would be a better idea to add a mana burn to Vampiric Touch as well as the Horror. That way it would cost more to Dispel, but only in PVP.

Unstable Affliction silence doesn't DR with itself. How is that fair?

And that would turn arena in a mana game all over again. Did you find those fun in TBC at all?
    Last edited by Fest; 2011-01-24 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fest View Post

And that would turn arena in a mana game all over again. Did you find those fun in TBC at all?
    Cataclysm already is a mana game. Except worse for shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Umm... because it does?

Even better idea, take dispel away from every healing class and go back to they way things were. I predicted this problem when they said every healer would be able to dispel magic. I haven't seen any decrease in dispel spam at all, I'd venture to say dispel spamming is more of a problem now, than before.

Why not have it so that it restores a percentage of your health if it is dispelled?

That way healers can dispel it all they want, but it'll heal us.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Here's what would fix it;

Sin and Punishment : When Vampiric Touch is dispelled, Causes the target that is dispelled to take 10% more shadow damage over 15 seconds, Sin and punishment can stack up to 5 times.

or

Sin and Punishment: When vampiric touch is dispelled, causes the target and the dispeller to split the full amount of damage that vampiric touch would cause, 50% to the dispeller and 50% to the target dispelled.