Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Well I am having that issue now but before that, I couldn't see anything on the character creation screen only a sky with a fire in the back left and some sort of tornado. As someone said the game has expanded its Beta list so I am assuming that this is just a hiccup, hope i can play it soon.

I'm baffled at how upset people are about being unable to log in to a beta...some of the major issues that get addressed in MMORPG betas are things like stress tests, login/authentication load tests, server capacities, etc. I want to try it too, but eesh. The point of betas is to get this stuff addressed before it goes live. I wouldn't extrapolate beta issues into worries about the game's stability when it goes live.
    www.justanotherwowblog.com - A blog about gold making, WoW economics, MMO philosophy, and more!

Bah having the same prob myself. No biggie though, I just wanna try it out and see if it's as good as I'm hoping. I'll just do some daily crap on WoW and try in an hour or so!
    Anyone who didn't expect this sort of thing is just really naieve (sp?)!

10+ Year Old Account
    Way too many beta keys compared to last beta event imo, probably what's doing all this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh, servers actually were up 15 minutes early. Started to play the game and they recommended I go to low resolution which requires a restart.

Damn my crappy video card lol.

Oh well it doesn't bother me too much as its to be expected with a beta. With all the people trying to log in at once I'm not surprised it crashed

Quote Originally Posted by Norlamin View Post
    Way too many beta keys compared to last beta event imo, probably what's doing all this.
    Yeah prob. But give it some time. Should be up soon!

hah, forums are down again

Deleted
    http://www.riftstatus.com/index.php will help, servers are overused know. But better now then release. Happens when u give away free beta keys.i did got in after pressing like 100 times ok and know im in a que of 40min

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    reminds me of how fun it is starting at the login screen during Cataclysm release

Quote Originally Posted by Norlamin View Post
    Most likely yeah. Seeing 1500 queues right now. Okay login servers are experiencing a large number of requests but why can't I create a character? Seems like the server capacity isn't very good as well. Let's see how this goes.

But it´s a beta, dont forget that!
    Remember the game is during construction. One thought, maybe they gave out so many beta keys to "stress" test their login severs and how to solve/handle the problem/problems. So again, give it time this is nothing compared to WoW betas.....

This game is freaking awesomeness to the fullest ! I've already pre-ordered it and got 3 months of gameplay just like HybridPanda(although he got 6 months )

I think it will actually attract numerous people from WoW.Of course the only thing that can beat wow is when the developers decide to quit it,since WoW has millions subscribers monthly,but I think Rift has high chances of becoming good ^^

The only thing I am afraid of is that due to the many MANY classes and speccs u can create it will be difficult to balance PvP-Wise.But if the developers dont slack like WoW(which does the same strategy for years(and the reason I quitted 1 week ago) to put classes from nerf to op then nerf them medium them nerf then again OP somebody else etc same story same shit) or NSoft (which didnt even care for Aion PvP) I think the game will be a success

Although I enjoy its PvE aspect too,I think I'll go for the PvP one and create a shadow ranger with stealth and assasin-like with a longbow
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkVJCTpkHp4

Άλλο ένα Σάββατο Βράδυ

Quote Originally Posted by Niri View Post
    One thought, maybe they gave out so many beta keys to "stress" test their login severs and how to solve/handle the problem/problems.
    It's either this, or they are really stupid if they haven't seen this coming. Let's hope you are right

Deleted
    Mehness gief log in.
    Last edited by mmoc5dfc81ca68; 2011-01-25 at 07:15 PM.

OMFG they copied the login server crashes from WoW!

Deleted
    I got into a RP-PvP server 10 mins before the realms were meant to go up but my graphics were completely screwed.

Could only see nameplates, a gray ground and a fiery sky, with some spell animations. Not character or world models at all.

But by the time I restarted the game the login issues started. Havnt got in since

Deleted
    Forums are back

Deleted
    Also having some problems with finding a server :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dammagia View Post
    OMFG they copied the login server crashes from WoW!
    this made me lol

but for real people.. it's beta. their servers have been stressed like this yet. if anything it's a good thing since it gives them a chance to work the kinks out before the game goes live. And I haven't seen blizz have a clean launch yet. every xpack they have had issues with the login servers being crashed too hard. Glad I'm at work right now and they will hopefully have these issues resolved 4 hours from now when i get home.

Thanks to Scythen for the sig

Deleted
    got in once created a char then the game auto renamed my char with a name that was 30 letters long then it logged in and i dcd cant get back in >.>