Shadow preist stats?

Hey guys,

Been healing a alot as disc, and in my groups just getting passed alot of cloth spell damage gear. Our raid needs a shadow priest but I was wondering, what are the important stats in order for a shadow priest? Whats hit cap? Any other tips I need to know?

Quote Originally Posted by Choshu View Post
    Hey guys,

Been healing a alot as disc, and in my groups just getting passed alot of cloth spell damage gear. Our raid needs a shadow priest but I was wondering, what are the important stats in order for a shadow priest? Whats hit cap? Any other tips I need to know?
    18% hit, stat weights are:
    Int>Haste>Crit>Mastery

In 4.0.6 Mastery/MB is getting buffed so Mastery may overtake crit.

Keep DoTs up and only use MB to keep as high of an uptime of Empowered Shadows as possible (Its ok to use MB if you get 3 orbs and you have ES up)

Keep Shadowfiend on cooldown for DPS

What he said basically except its 17 % hit, not 18.

Whats the general rotation you guys use for maximum dps?

It's not a rotation so much as a priority system. VT and DP should be refreshed right before they expire, you should be using MB on cooldown*, Mind Flaying liberally, and using your dps CDs as they come up**.

*On cooldown, assuming at least 1 shadow orb.
    **Using shadowfiend every time it's up, using DAA when you won't be moving for awhile and your dots have a lot of time left on them.

Your dots won't have their full potential until you gain Empowered Shadow. You can apply dots at the start but you'll need to manually refresh VT and DP after you gain Empowered Shadow. SW:P auto-refreshes with Mind Flay casts. That's very important, it's a flat 10%(+) increase to dot damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that just about the best stickied guide in existence for playing a Shadow Priest is right at the top of this forum page.

You should really go read it. Then ask questions.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2011-01-29 at 08:18 PM.