10+ Year Old Account

Is my SPriest doing something wrong?

This is a repost from the PvP forums, wasn't sure if it would be better answered there or here in the Priests board.

So I play Frost Mage Shadow Priest 2s with my bud. We've seemingly hit a barrier right around 2050 and I don't believe it's me for a change. He gets focused a lot and I'm always peeling for him and he seems to heal himself more than anything. Hopefully he'll just go Discipline after the patch, but anyway.. I never really payed much attention to his spec as he is a former Gladiator so I thought he knew his shit through and through. Our comp is all about burst, but he doesn't have Archangle and he's seemingly got two wasted points in Pain and Suffering? Seems like they could be better spent? Am I wrong about his talent choices or should I have a talk with him about it?

This is his spec + glyphs:
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bshZZG...dzbo:sMRVkM0zV

Any feedback from good SPriests very familiar with this 2s comp would be very appreciated. Thanks!

15+ Year Old Account
    In a Mage/SPriest combo, he is the logical burst choice. You can Iceblock, he cannot.

He has a weird spec. Double DPS shouldn't have mana issues, so no idea why he has Masochism and fully points in Mental Agility. I can understand skipping Shadowy Apps and Paralysis (parried ftw), but I feel he has sacrificed his damage from Evangelism + Archangel.
    Last edited by Ultima; 2011-01-30 at 01:55 PM.

Deleted
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfMoZZ...dzfo:skRokM0zV
    This would be a spec and glyfs i would go for in Sp/mage atleast.
    Incase he has some spirit 1/2 is enough in Twisted faith.
    Then i reforge haste haste haste.
    Good luck!

15+ Year Old Account
    I find the Inner Fire glyph to be pretty nice, do you not think that is worth it for Shadow?

Deleted
    well, it dosnt really keep you alive for that much longer. its about 5% dmg reduce or even less meaby.

---------- Post added 2011-01-30 at 03:59 PM ----------

Miss clicked the Mind flay glyf. I would take more swp damage

His spec does seem a little "odd" but not completely incorrect.

The truth is, just as is was for rogues in Wotlk where every teams tactics against them was to tunnel them until they were forced to burn clos then kill them, every team who spots a SP will tunnel him till he's burnt Disp. After that, hes practically defenceless.

It may also be that at the particular rating your currently at your comming up against a lot of warrior teams.

For shadowfrost this is the best spec:

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfMoZZGrMddkrdzfo:sMkVko

Imp mind blast is just wasted 3 points
    2/2 hardnessed shadows is overkill
    Paralysis counts as a root sharing DR with your mages roots plus paralaysis isnt 100%
    Inner fire glyph is a MUST.
    SW:P glyph over mind flay because you are not always using mind flay put pain is always (should) rolling.

---------- Post added 2011-01-30 at 03:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    In a Mage/SPriest combo, he is the logical burst choice. You can Iceblock, he cannot.

He has a weird spec. Double DPS shouldn't have mana issues, so no idea why he has Masochism and fully points in Mental Agility. I can understand skipping Shadowy Apps and Paralysis (parried ftw), but I feel he has sacrificed his damage from Evangelism + Archangel.
    Shadow has the worst pvp regain in the game imo. Masochism is a must at this point.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    For shadowfrost this is the best spec:

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfMoZZGrMddkrdzfo:sMkVko

Imp mind blast is just wasted 3 points
    2/2 hardnessed shadows is overkill
    Paralysis counts as a root sharing DR with your mages roots plus paralaysis isnt 100%
    Inner fire glyph is a MUST.
    SW:P glyph over mind flay because you are not always using mind flay put pain is always (should) rolling.

---------- Post added 2011-01-30 at 03:38 PM ----------

Shadow has the worst pvp regain in the game imo. Masochism is a must at this point.

agreeing except im playing with 2 points in mental agility instead of improved PWS as meh at that talent..

Deleted
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bcroZZGrMddkrdzfo:skRkoz spec worked amazing for me!
    we got to 2.2k realy easy! just stacked 3750 resil as shadowpriest with 19% haste overall as goblin and realy good amount of spell power!

but at 2100 rating you hit a damn wall .. warlocks a rshamy yaya! but you should menage to zerg the shamy!

Quote Originally Posted by Phum View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bcroZZGrMddkrdzfo:skRkoz spec worked amazing for me!
    we got to 2.2k realy easy! just stacked 3750 resil as shadowpriest with 19% haste overall as goblin and realy good amount of spell power!

but at 2100 rating you hit a damn wall .. warlocks a rshamy yaya! but you should menage to zerg the shamy!
    Unless the shaman los and dispel spams leaving your mage the only one doing significant damage to the shaman while the warlock spam fears you both.

Yea..... where is my big finger button for that shaman...

---------- Post added 2011-01-30 at 06:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by stickyjam View Post
    agreeing except im playing with 2 points in mental agility instead of improved PWS as meh at that talent..
    Patch notes says otherwise.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really appreciate all the awesome feedback regarding my partner! Nice to see there are some decent people on at least a portion of these forums.

15+ Year Old Account
    If there are trolls worse than me, I kick them really rather hard.

Though, I'm so great at being a bastard that I've only been bested twice.

I've never been as high as you have been, but speaking as a spriest who pvps a lot, it seems that the stigma of "OMG FOCUS SHADOW PRIESTS CAUSE THEY'RE BROKEN" still sticks like gum on the bottom of a sleezy road-side diner.

It's nice now that we have 15% extra damage resistance all the time on top of whatever resil we have, but that doesn't save us all the time from being killed first.

I always used to use myself as cannon fodder, pretty much, getting a few dots off here and there before I went into "defensive mode".

Melee is a pain for us, so I'd reccomend buffing out Inner Fire as much as possible.

Honestly, I think you just need to expect him being focused all the time, it's something that most shadow priests have learned to live with. It's also why we're built to withstand punishment.

It's really a shame that Shadow priests are still looked upon as being "weak" but that's just how it is. Your partner isn't "bad" or "doing something wrong" it's just that every spriest, everywhere, will tell you that being focused is just a way of life. You need to work with that.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Unless the shaman los and dispel spams leaving your mage the only one doing significant damage to the shaman while the warlock spam fears you both.

Yea..... where is my big finger button for that shaman...

---------- Post added 2011-01-30 at 06:57 PM ----------

Patch notes says otherwise.
    My current talent selection isnt affected by what will come into play in a few weeks.. Can Jst respec then