10+ Year Old Account

Post Fury Warrior Stat Priorities

Hey everyone, long time browser, first time poster.

Just wanted to inform everyone that I just recently switched and regemmed/restat all my gear from hit>haste>crit>mastery to crit>mastery>hit>haste in order to prepare myself for the upcoming patch. The numbers were quite interesting. This was done on a live server. I was bursting ~ 15k dps and sustained 12k dps from the death wish to death wish duration. (Approximately 2 million damage done)

Also, I wanted to note that I did not have any rage issues whatsoever and have power auras show blood trance.

Keep in mind, this was on LIVE servers. My stats are currently
    5.21% haste
    8.59% hit
    18.44% crit
    16.05% mastery

I dropped about 200-400 dps switching over to this, however, I feel that it is negligible. Gear itemization, i.e. Impatience of Youth becoming oh so much more valuable, has changed big time and with reforging this stat priority seems to be OK on live servers.

Let me know what everyone else thinks.
    Last edited by justpixels; 2017-11-06 at 07:40 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by seamaf View Post
    Hey everyone, long time browser, first time poster.

Just wanted to inform everyone that I just recently switched and regemmed/restat all my gear from hit>haste>crit>mastery to crit>mastery>hit>haste in order to prepare myself for the upcoming patch. The numbers were quite interesting. This was done on a live server. I was bursting ~ 15k dps and sustained 12k dps from the death wish to death wish duration. (Approximately 2 million damage done)

Also, I wanted to note that I did not have any rage issues whatsoever and have power auras show blood trance.

Keep in mind, this was on LIVE servers. My stats are currently
    5.21% haste
    8.59% hit
    18.44% crit
    16.05% mastery

I dropped about 200-400 dps switching over to this, however, I feel that it is negligible. Gear itemization, i.e. Impatience of Youth becoming oh so much more valuable, has changed big time and with reforging this stat priority seems to be OK on live servers.

My armory name is Seamaf on Tichondrius, Id post the html if I could. (Also, excuse the pyrium weapon chain, I'm using it too much in pvp at the moment :P)

Let me know what everyone else thinks.
    Sorry but your evaluation is pretty useless.. 2mill dmg is like nothing.. I mean literally. That's so few dmg and you can't actually tell anything from that. Please do the same analysis with about 10-20mill. dmg tests.

10+ Year Old Account
    The following is done to a Raider's Training Dummy. Damage ends at ~10 million damage.

Crit and mastery priority itemization: 10,244 DPS
    Bloodthirst 2.85m 27.8%
    Attack 2.68m 26.1%
    Raging Blow 2.50m 24.4%
    Heroic Strike 858.6k 8.4%
    Slam 529k 5.2%
    Deep wounds 436.4k 4.3%
    Colossus Smash 391.2k 3.8%

Stats:
    5.21% haste
    8.59% hit
    18.44% crit
    16.05% mastery

Hit and haste priority itemization: 11,255 DPS
    Attack 2.74m 27.0%
    Bloodthirst 2.64m 26.0%
    Raging Blow 2.18m 21.5%
    Heroic Strike 1.34m 13.2%
    Deep wounds 480.1k 4.7%
    Slam 431.7k 4.3%
    Colossus Smash 340.7k 3.5%

Stats:
    8.74% haste
    15.97% hit
    14.37% crit
    12.47% mastery

Looks like with hit there is an overall damage boost of 1k dps when done to 10 million damage in my case.

Quote Originally Posted by seamaf View Post
    The following is done to a Raider's Training Dummy. Damage ends at ~10 million damage.

Crit and mastery priority itemization: 10,244 DPS
    Bloodthirst 2.85m 27.8%
    Attack 2.68m 26.1%
    Raging Blow 2.50m 24.4%
    Heroic Strike 858.6k 8.4%
    Slam 529k 5.2%
    Deep wounds 436.4k 4.3%
    Colossus Smash 391.2k 3.8%

Stats:
    5.21% haste
    8.59% hit
    18.44% crit
    16.05% mastery

Hit and haste priority itemization: 11,255 DPS
    Attack 2.74m 27.0%
    Bloodthirst 2.64m 26.0%
    Raging Blow 2.18m 21.5%
    Heroic Strike 1.34m 13.2%
    Deep wounds 480.1k 4.7%
    Slam 431.7k 4.3%
    Colossus Smash 340.7k 3.5%

Stats:
    8.74% haste
    15.97% hit
    14.37% crit
    12.47% mastery

Looks like with hit there is an overall damage boost of 1k dps when done to 10 million damage in my case.

What about expertise and strength? I do 10.500DPS on 10mill and currently prio strength > Crit > Hit
    (I dont add exp cause im capped) Mastery is the lowest prio, right after haste.

My current stats:

Haste: 5.08%
    Hit: 22.85%
    Crit: 17.29%
    AP: 8451
    Mastery: 10.40
    Exp: 26/26 (785)

Got 8x359items rest 346HC (352ilvl)

10+ Year Old Account
    This is being expertise capped and Strength is 4180.

I did some work of my own, since this tread got me to thinking.

Gemming mostly for Hit, with a few Str/Hit Purps to get an Str socket Bonus, Forsaking any other type (crit, haste, mastery), Reforging for maximum Hit while maintaining 26 Expertise, and using only Battle Shout and Hit Food and Hit Elixir, netted me with the following:

Str: 4436
    AP: 9217
    Hit: 27.1%
    Exp: 26
    Crit: 20.55%
    Mastery: 8.57
    Haste: 3.4%

I decided to try to Prioritize my rotation as follows: Stack Sunders, CS > HS > BT > RB > Slam with BS Proc during free GCDs. Shout on CD right after a HS. I useing Zerker Rage when I could but didn't worry overly much.

10.8 Million Dmg to Raid Dummy
    1: Heroic Strike 27% (39k avg crits)
    2: Melee 26.8% (19.8k avg crits)
    3: Bloodthirst 19.3% (34.6k avg crits)
    4: Raging Blow 12.9% (28.9k avg crits)
    5: Deep Wounds (DoT) 5.4%
    6: Slam 5.1% (19.8k avg crits)
    7: Colossus Smash 3.2% (20k avg crits)

Avg DPS: 13,009

I found I had very little "wait time", and could usually follow every HS with a BT or another attack. Did my best to use DW on CD just after a CS, and Reck right after a CS, with Fury of Angerforge used as often as I could, also right after a CS. The longer the fight went, the higher the dmg climbed until I hit 10 mill done.

Now granted this probably won't matter in a week, if what they say is true and where Mastery and Crit will jump up, but it was definitely interesting to see that hard capping hit and using HS every chance I got seemed, for me anyway, to make a good amount of difference.

Take it for what it's worth.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

Check out my Post on Fury warrior Guide
    Tell you what u need for consistant high dps

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Knight View Post

Gemming mostly for Hit, with a few Str/Hit Purps to get an Str socket Bonus, Forsaking any other type (crit, haste, mastery), Reforging for maximum Hit while maintaining 26 Expertise, and using only Battle Shout and Hit Food and Hit Elixir, netted me with the following:

I decided to try to Prioritize my rotation as follows: Stack Sunders, CS > HS > BT > RB > Slam with BS Proc during free GCDs. Shout on CD right after a HS. I useing Zerker Rage when I could but didn't worry overly much.

I found I had very little "wait time", and could usually follow every HS with a BT or another attack. Did my best to use DW on CD just after a CS, and Reck right after a CS, with Fury of Angerforge used as often as I could, also right after a CS. The longer the fight went, the higher the dmg climbed until I hit 10 mill done.

Now granted this probably won't matter in a week, if what they say is true and where Mastery and Crit will jump up, but it was definitely interesting to see that hard capping hit and using HS every chance I got seemed, for me anyway, to make a good amount of difference.

What is your current itemlevel etc? or just armory link.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanitor View Post
    What is your current itemlevel etc? or just armory link.
    I agree, right now I do a little over 12K DPS here is my armory link.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...thcries/simple

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

There is simply no possible way to have 27% hit and 20.5% crit. not even in full heroic gear.

Not sure how I can put this nicely but I will try.

Hit builds vs crit builds, really this old bean again. OK so, here are some lovely statistics from my fellow posters at ELJ. In this thread (post 194), and I quote "... If the simulation is correct in its approach, crit ranks higher than hit for both specs at that gear level as well". Go a few posts up for his statistical analysis in full, but this was basically clarifying what had been found over several posts on the same subject. When was this posted? 4 days before general release. Crit has always been the stat of choice after str. Personally I have been going str > crit > hit > mastery > haste since release and my DPS is fine.

Dummy testing proves nothing of worth unless the data you collect is huge and the controls for the testing are the same (no damage modifiers, no sunders as they could fall off, etc) and even then it is only specific to your character and can't be taken as a given for every other warrior ever. You can't take a tiny sample and say "OMG look, hit is still ahead!" because it's retarded to be quite frank. As an example one of my friends on elj posted a series of test done for each spec on the PTRs. He did 20 tests of 10 million damage for each spec, took careful notes and averaged them all out. The results were that crit is ahead by a huge amount, and even on live this is the case (although the gap is much smaller).

Hit is a valid build if you have trouble maintaining rage (basically, if you suck as a warrior, then go hit) but crit is ahead on live by a little and next patch by -alot- so it pays to get used to being more rage starved. I actually had a hard time reading all of these "omg what r ur stats tho" posts that made no sense at all, but really the biscuit was taken by the guys posting 2 million DPS parses, I have to congratulate you on being capable of spending <2 mins on a dummy ^^. This really won't get you the answers you are looking for.

...but it was definitely interesting to see that hard capping hit and using HS every chance I got seemed, for me anyway, to make a good amount of difference.

They are some impressive stats! Considering you won't reach them till the final tier of cataclysm, if at all. I have 22% crit and 11% hit in my gear currently and i'm close to full BiS (heroic BiS, not normals lets be serious) so I very much doubt this is an accurate statement. 10/10 for effort and making me lol hard though.
    Last edited by Natty; 2011-02-04 at 12:54 AM.

This should be counting 5% crit from our Raid buff btw guys. I read directly from the character screen when I did this. iLvl 353.
    Not sure atm if the 5% shows in Armory or not.
    Remember this was with Hit food and a Hit Elixir to cap, and our Precision also doesn't show in Armory.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ongclaw/simple
    Last edited by Sinister Knight; 2011-02-04 at 04:32 PM.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Mastery blows.

Next patch HS will hit like a noodle and bt is getting buffed. Everyone stock up on 20 str 20 crit and +40 str gems, and get wrid of that hit...

right now fury warriors should be high HIT+CRIT then come next week we will be tossing out hit and going with mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by drtrann View Post
    right now fury warriors should be high HIT+CRIT then come next week we will be tossing out hit and going with mastery.
    Is this for certian? Or do you refer to the PTR 4.0.6 patch that might release ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanitor View Post
    Is this for certian? Or do you refer to the PTR 4.0.6 patch that might release ?
    Can you not read or do you just choose to ignore things that have been said before on this thread?

---------- Post added 2011-02-04 at 05:16 AM ----------

This should be counting 3% crit from our Raid buff btw guys. I read directly from the character screen when I did this. iLvl 353.
    Not sure atm if the 3% shows in Armory or not.
    Remember this was with Hit food and a Hit Elixir to cap, and our Precision also doesn't show in Armory.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ongclaw/simple
    No you miss our points, let me make it much clearer for you:

We WILL NOT reach those kind of stat levels with T11. You CANNOT have done a test with these stat levels as they just don't exist, it's not possible to get these stats on live. As I said, I have 11% hit and 22% crit with all but 4 items 372 ilvl on live so I have no idea where you are getting these statistics from. Even with hit elixirs and food (which is a -massive- DPS loss with the 390 str you lose) it is not possible to be hit capped and still have over 20% crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Mastery blows.

Next patch HS will hit like a noodle and bt is getting buffed. Everyone stock up on 20 str 20 crit and +40 str gems, and get wrid of that hit...
    Mastery will not blow come patch, not only is it getting a 20% buff but what people seen to forget is it increases "enrage" as well as death wish and RB

right now i have just north of 15 mastery on my gear that makes enrage a 17% flat damage buff when its up, and that no small potatoes... remember before mastery DW is a 20% damage buff... when you look at it that way mastery gets a bit more tastey

Quote Originally Posted by Natty View Post
    Can you not read or do you just choose to ignore things that have been said before on this thread?

No you miss our points, let me make myself look like an idiot when I'm proven wrong

We WILL NOT reach those kind of stat levels with T11. You CANNOT have done a test with these stat levels as they just don't exist, it's not possible to get these stats on live. As I said, I have 11% hit and 22% crit with all but 4 items 372 ilvl on live so I have no idea where you are getting these statistics from. Even with hit elixirs and food (which is a -massive- DPS loss with the 390 str you lose) it is not possible to be hit capped and still have over 20% crit.
    Fixed your post in bold..now then...
    Wow, really Natty, I don't know if you're just trying to be a troll or you're that ignorant. Why would I lie about my damn stats on here, what purpose would it serve? Do you want a freaking Screenshot, will that make you happy? I'm sorry if you don't believe me, but it's plain and simple, black and white. As I sit here tabbing back to my character, it's true.
    Self Buffed adds Str and AGILITY. You know Agility right? Gives us Crit still? That plus Hit food, Hit Elixir, and the aforementioned 5% crit Talent. Here, I'll add a SS link (it's not wanting to put the image in directly):
    http://img152.imageshack.us/i/longclawstatscrop.jpg/

Happy now? Doubtful, but I can't do any more to convince you of the truth. As for your own gear, well I don't know what to tell you.

well played sir, kinda intereseting that you managed to get those stats with what looks like little to no raid gear. now im interested and have to look up your gear :P