Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    And they add this buff 3 months to late... Alot of ppl have left already and think of Cata with horror trying to run LFD. The bad experience so early in an expsansion will hurt big time.

At least they didn't straight nerf all the heroics. I already aoe pull every heroic on my tank with friends, an extra 15% would have made it to easy to be fun.

why not just give free loot for those who pug the heroics ?

Deleted
    Buff to Luck of the Draw = Freaking awesome! I can finally continue to do heroics with PuGs again, atleast I can try, gives more room for peoples mistakes.

Some posters have no fucking clue. If you raid with your guild you have no buffs durp! So there is no change for you elitist pigs.

Anyone who thinks heroics are hard is just a really bad player.

Deleted
    I can actually see guildies using this to "game" the system.

The optimum thing to do, if the rest of the system remains as now, as everyone gears up, is to have 3-4x guildies and bring in 1-2 randoms for the stacking 5% buff to zip through the trash. Then due to your majority still have the option just before a (end)boss to kick the randoms and you get your badges or a chance at the boss loot.

You get a new category of Time-Stealer in Dungeon Finder, lets call them "Buff-Abusers" or "LoTD-Abusers".
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2011-02-04 at 05:35 PM.

Deleted
    Good thing !
    I'm already tired of running the same dungeons everyday, now with 15% more damages it'll be faster with my rerolls

To everyone saying nerfbat blah blah shit is stupid easy, hush. Its not. It is when yourt geared and have great group comp. When you have little time and not enought guildies or what ever the case and less than desirable comp you are buffed. It always has beenn this way since they instituted it. Not one person in here rushed into a heroic with no cc and item lvl 329 gear for the whole group and roflstomp pwned heroics. Just stop. If you say you did prove it .

Now buffing it 10% is debateable with patch changes coming. I like the idea, but at the same time its taking out a learning curve I feel is needed. I think that in general pugs have gotten worse instead of better becasue people are out gearing them and only run one per day for valor. Plus peopel feel everyone shoul dknow fights as well even though some are just getting to 85. This leads to little or no explanation and then when someone failsblah blah bad vorekick.

Yes I tank ,yes im geared, yes I am still willing to spend 2 mn per fight with quicj explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Indiglo View Post
    Because random 5 mans are serious business, right? People won't be able to get gear like we did in LK as easy, if at all. I don't see why this is a big deal.

Because "nerfing" 5 mans is directly related to how the raids will be tuned?
    You're failing to see his point. Blizzard shoudn't put Zone wide buffs in places where they are not needed.

If heroics are HONETSLY THIS HARD FOR PUGGERS. Stop, just stop. Rethink what the problem is. Are you a DPS Class? Is your spec correct for your role? Are you missing gems or enchants? Are you gemming or enchanting the wrong stat?

There is NO LOGICAL excuse for this change other than.

"We enjoy watching the selecet handful of players with brains get upset when we drop 15%-30% passive buffs to Health, Healing and Damage.

Next thing you know you're going to be able to CC with luck of the Draw. It will mark pulls for you all through out the instance and ensure your healer doesn't go OOM.

Anybody else think that the whole "Oh it wasn't working at all! OUR BAD" thing was made up? :P

mmo means massive multiplayer online and not elitistguilds multiplayer only. If the pug experience is frustrating and nonhardcore players stop doing instances, the right choice is to do something rather than nothing at all and telling everyone to l2p. Hardcore players will always be rewarded with higher item lvl, they don't lose anything..

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I guess it make sense with PUGs, too bad tanks won't be able to hold good DPS aggro.

15% increase to people doing 3k dps is nothing. they still suck and it wont make it easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    This is a good tweak for PUGs.

I know many posters here feel the heroics are easy enough as it is, but let's remember that Blizzard has hard data. I doubt they are doing this solely because members of the community are whining on the forums. I think they have actual data showing what groups are killing what bosses and when. They also have GMs who observe encounters - they monitor the world firsts. so having these people watch PUGs and take notes isn't far off the mark. There are milestones, where they want to see bosses being downed and loot being given out... if they're not reaching these, then the playerbase as a whole is struggling.
    Intelligence is frowned upon on these forums, run while you can!

I agree though, seems like each expansion is going to have one group whining, in BC everyone complained shit was too hard, got nerfed. WoTLK everyone complained things were too easy.. got buffed. Blizzard is just getting ahead of the curve now, or as it's really called "balancing".

One of the problems with everyone complaining is they forget that we were at the END of an expansion when everything became god awful easy(2 year old content is easy? no wai!). I see dungeons becoming super easy in a tier or two.

Everyone take your medication, shit will be good eventually. (Both people who are SUPERANGRYRAWR that this buff went in and those that are like HEROIXRIMPOSSIBLEFIREWHAT?)

Chill, seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiggity
    I think it's awesome that you tried to quantify 'epic fail' into an equation ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Gryzvwald View Post
    Some posters have no fucking clue. If you raid with your guild you have no buffs durp! So there is no change for you elitist pigs.
    Us Elitist pigs don't like it when you poorly playing swine get buffs in your pugs because you can not preform well enough in a 5 man.
    It upsets us greatly when we out play instances. and you get carried by Luck (of the draw).

So I guess it is time for those who organise their 5 mans to complain that they are being punished for being efficient. Where is the increased reward for overcoming the higher difficulty?

Having done a ridiculous amount of heroics since Cata launched I can't say I have noticed much difference in PUGs vs organised runs. To be honest the only difference is that in guild runs people don't rage quit after a wipe. I can also say that to a very large degree the better players are the ones who don't leave the heroic pugs. The amount of times it is the person who dies first on a wipe that leaves is funny. Is there anyone out there who ragequits at the first wipe (in either heroics or raids) who has ever attained any significant level of compotency at either?

A 15% health buff is pretty huge though, most of the one-shot mechanics do about 120k damage, this puts them all pretty much survivable for anyone entering a PUG, drastically reducing the difficulty of an encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by againstme View Post
    Changing LotD to 15% still won't help the people that stand in fire
    It will help them to die 15% slower.

For those who think Blizz is catering to all the bads, you are right, they are, more than 50% of the people who pay for this game each month are casual players, so they have to please the majority of players who help keep the lights on so the minority can go do Heroic Raids, content that less than 25% of the player base will get to see.

If you understood economics to a small degree this would not be a hard concept to understand.............
    "There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil."
    -John Galt

In next content patch gear from valor vendors will move to justice vendors ....... and people will faceroll their way trough heroics to get them. Keep that in mind, looks like it's going to be WotLK all over again.
    Seriously, as long as you knew tactics, you could beat every HC boss without any problems. Changing the buff to 15% is just absurd.

Not to mention achievements like "Sun of a ....." or "Faster than the speed of Light" which will be ridiculously easy with competent pug groups.
    Last edited by rad586; 2011-02-04 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    And they add this buff 3 months to late... Alot of ppl have left already and think of Cata with horror trying to run LFD. The bad experience so early in an expsansion will hurt big time.
    Because you have access to so many subscription numbers, right?

Any people that actually 'left' due to 'dungeons being hard' are the same groups of people who would come running back right at a content patch because the old teir of gear got moved to the dungeon level badge vendor.

Shit like that does not change after 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter44
    There is no patch for human stupidity
    Orihank is displeased.