Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by runeb1980@hotmail.com View Post
    The "casuals" make up like 95% of the players. They pay 95% of the subscriptions. Should they not be allowed to play endgame?

Like I've said time and again... if you're so hardcore, go heroic raid, or 3 man heroics etc.
    Why would I subject myself to 3 manning heroics when I get the same exact amount of Justice Points and the same loot drops? There's no incentive. I don't care if Casuals want to experience endgame. (Heads up, Heroic Dungeons aren't endgame btw.) If they really want to experience it, they can learn to play and stop being Wrath Babies. I've pugged quite a few heroic dungeons throughout Cata, and they're extremely easy with PuGs. But then again, if no one knows what they're doing, then it SHOULD be hard. The game shouldn't be nerfed because people are too damn lazy to figure out how to play. You can do Heroics, everone in all average iLvl 329 gear, and still succeed if you don't suck at the game.

So now, folks, we learned that making things hard and nerfing them right after by 15% is a great idea.

Also, punishing people for playing with people they know and like to play with is great idea. 15% less for them, I say! Stupid socializers...

Anyway, back to thoughtless grind of heroics... 15% faster thoughtless grind inc...

Grinding easy stuff is fun!

^ That was all sarcasm, in case someone didn't notice.

You want to know what's really pathetic?

All of you brats complaining about heroics becoming too easy should not even be posting. If you're so freakin' good that you can down a heroic in less than an hour already, you're obviously doing a heroic simply for your VALOR POINTS. let's recall WotLK.... over 80% of heroic daily groups in PUGS skipped at least 1 boss if possible if not more to end the heroic ASAP.

So I ask you brats, why are you complaining again? How long has Cata been out? Why are you still FARMING HEROICS if you're so damn good that you can clear a heroic in an hour?

Not only has Blizz given you options to take 0% - 15% increased dmg buff but they have not trivialized these heroic bosses.

The vast majority of heroic pug's don't wipe because they don't have enough HP (not since the 2nd week of Cata release) or enough dmg but they wipe because of avoidable mechanics which will ONE SHOT you or nearly so. Healers who cast 2.4 cast speed heals during heavy dmg is not something a 15% buff will fix.

Signed and delivered, stay small nerds

Hco - Laughing Skull - Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    It's only a nerf if you pug. In a guild group, you won't get the buff.

It's an amazing solution, in my opinion.

I sure wouldn't have thought of it.
    I agree.. Very clever solution to the whine..

Good job Blizzard

well this is intresting, heroics are already a joke with the minimum gear. not to mention how easy they are with epics. and now they buff healign dmg and hp with 15%. and this is only the first patch of cataclysm. heroics in teh last patch of this expansion will probobly be solo-content.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Been having a lot of trouble with heroics lately, taking forever long and it seems the group has no coordination or organization. Even after a few wipes when we finally have a strategy down, DPS is so crummy OOMing becomes an issue and we wipe again!"

"Are you Pugging?"

"Why, yes I am"

"Well you're an idiot, run with your guild man, and if you have no decent guilds around on your server pay money to transfer! This *IS* an MMO after all. Scrub. I run all my heroics with *my* guild, because my E-Peen throbs all through the night. We get them done in eleven minutes."

"Well that wasn't particularly nice."

<A few months later>

"Wow, they gave a damage buff? Pugging might not be so darn bad! Maybe I'll go at it again!"

"THEY BUFFT PUGS? I RUN ALL MY HEROIX WITH GUILDIEZ AND IM OUTRAGED! OUTRAGED!"

I didn't realize a 15% damage buff will allow players to CC mobs without hitting anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol. We had a priest in pvp gear/greens who cheated the system do a H BRC in 90 minutes with a tank who also cheated the system. Was the nerf really needed?

I mean it's whatever though. I learned a long time ago to just do guild runs.

I do have to agree with above poster though. How's this gonna stop the people who are too retarded to CC or people who break it all the time. How's it gonna fix the morons doing 4k DPS? Make them do 4.5k DPS? And the real question...how the hell is it going to stop the insta gib mechanics that retards love to get hit by?
    Last edited by Shamslam; 2011-02-04 at 05:42 PM.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

15+ Year Old Account
    Grrrr, I'm so angry that changes to old content that no longer affects me will be helping random pug groups. Blizzard might as well mail out full heroic mode raid epics and send everyone a check irl for $50,000. Grrrr.

Seriously though, go do raids. They're a lot of fun. There are even hard-modes for people to enjoy.

I was hoping they'd do this. Seemed like a pretty obvious solution.

To all the naysayers: if PUGs are where you go to look for a challenge, why not try a raid?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    lol I love Blizzard add "nerfs" to instances and watching the communities response. Their goal is to have a higher instance completion ratio all around for pugs than it is now. Those groups w/o you in it, being this pro elitist you are, are actually failing. Regardless of someones newness/noobness they should be able to complete an instance and leave raiding to those who can handle it. Whats the big deal anyway, my guild pulls heroics like Wrath, and pugs will be doing the same in the next tier...

It's a good solution, pugging is/was a horrible way to experience the game, sometimes it was just not possible to do it with friends for whatever reason and you were unduly punished for this. We shall see if this helps.

Why wasn't I surprised that I saw Ghostcrawlers name in that forum post... ;>
    Hi

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    First post from GC I read in a long while.

Quote Originally Posted by nalle View Post
    Have only done 15 or so heroic pugs in cata, but most of them took 1 hour tops, and this was about 1 month after release.

I just don't see the need for this since it doesn't really take that long in the first place (queues yes, the dungeons themselves no).

15% is alot.
    Highlighted the important part, You really have done very little heroics and can't really comment on the state of them.

I've now geared 3 characters and 5 different specs through heroics and the amount of bad healers, bad dps or low hp tanks is quite astonishing.

This buff should go a long way to making up for the extremely bad players.
    There must be no retirement with our backs to the wall, And believing in the justice of our cause, Each one of us must fight on to the end.

We determine the guilty, We decide the punishment.

Thank God... no heroic PUG I've been in has ever made it past the first boss, in any dungeon. It got to the point where I just stopped bothering with trying, and started leveling alts instead.

Deleted
    Who really cares? If the heroics were already too easy then shouldn't you all be raiding now? If so how will this affect you?

I've started to notice that the only people who complain about the difficulty of heroics are the ones who don't raid. I guess that makes sense. If people struggled with raids (ie, 90% of raiders who think they're hardcore) and blizz nerfed the raid difficulty, those 90% would complain as well.

It seems to me, the only ones not complaining are the ones who just enjoy playing.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the Luck of the Draw buff is a good change. When I run heroics with my friends/guild, yeah, its to get my daily VPs, but its also usually where we mess with the achievements and such. When I'm running with a PUG, I am just there for the points and don't really want to be there any longer than I need to be. Heroics shouldn't last 2 hours. Yeah, I'm sure some one will talk about how long the old dungeons were (Blackrock Depths comes to mind), but these current dungeons are no where CLOSE to the scale in size that those classic dungeons are, so why should a dungeon that is maybe at best 1/3 of the size take just as long? Quite simply, it shouldn't.

Do players need to L2play? Of course they do. But have you recently leveled a new character to 85? Have you run those lower dungeons? At NO point anywhere before 85 does it require any actual skill/coordination to get through a dungeon. Oh sure, there's a "difficult" mechanic here or there, but nothing compares to the difficulty jump in the 85 heroics from anything prior - unless you're an experienced raider, at which point, you're probably running with your friends/guildies anyhow.

So why is it a good thing that Blizzard "nerfed" heroics for "casuals"? Because they've built the game that way from the ground up. Raids are, and always have been, where the men are separated from the boys. And Blizzard gave us Heroic Raids in the last expansion. Seems like the challenge is there IF you want it. It shouldn't be forced upon you, ESPECIALLY when nothing in the game prepares you for it.

Just my $.02

Quote Originally Posted by Susej View Post
    You're failing to see his point. Blizzard shoudn't put Zone wide buffs in places where they are not needed.

If heroics are HONETSLY THIS HARD FOR PUGGERS. Stop, just stop. Rethink what the problem is. Are you a DPS Class? Is your spec correct for your role? Are you missing gems or enchants? Are you gemming or enchanting the wrong stat?

There is NO LOGICAL excuse for this change other than.

"We enjoy watching the selecet handful of players with brains get upset when we drop 15%-30% passive buffs to Health, Healing and Damage.

Next thing you know you're going to be able to CC with luck of the Draw. It will mark pulls for you all through out the instance and ensure your healer doesn't go OOM.
    Now - you stop and think for a sec. Who added LFD tool into the game ? And for whom ? BLizzard added this feature but did NOT support it in any way shape or form with the new Cataclysm dungeons. THey ingored every person that pointed out he issues and they are STILL ignoring quite a few. This "fix" will not solve many of the issues that LFD tool has. THe true issue is that the Dungeons are not scalable to class - specs - or itemlevels. It still makes the dungeons horribily boring and repetitive over any lenght of time. Add 10 or 100% buff or nerf and its still the same crappy place with same dull mecanics after few months.

So... wth do you care ? Run with your guildfriends. Oh... sorry .. didn't know it would destroy you game enjoyment that others can actually play too.