Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Why would hardcore top-notch players feel troubled by completely normal modes, that by their standards, are really easy? Strange logic.
    I think you misread what I said. ^_^' Try again!

Here's a hint... "bored to death" not...troubled.

If you watched more then just the last months videos, youd know he played beta the whole way through and touched on almost all the content there, so he has seen it, and it hasnt changed to much from what it was in beta. The only thing he has not done in cata, is the heroic raid content.

Honestly I'm probably the wrong person to argue about this because I have an aversion to doing content with middle of the road guilds 200-500+, and right now I'm in a top 20 U.S guild. Which gives me a completely different perspective on how the progression of instances go. An average raider probably did have to grind gear for heroics and such, and content in TBC was probably challenging to this same group of people. It's just not how the game is for me because of my guilds play ability.

Totalbiscuit why are you even responding to the ppl here they seem kinda trollish (the ugly kind that live under internet bridges not the tusked awsome once)

keep up the good work TB and gimmer some more WTF love those

Abit offtopic here, but if you like TB his SC2 vids, watch Husky his. No offence TB, but Husky is THE person for SC2 vids (exception for Day9 ofc, but he goes too much indepth)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrelime View Post
    Why does this always turn into HOW FUCKING GREAT BC WAS. I have talked to quite a few people about how it was "back then" and if you were in a top end guild a large majority of the content was little to no trouble for them, save sunwell.
    Here, I give you Kael'thas. Play with him when he was fresh and exciting and you'll see why TBC was hard. No, in fact. Here is all of the TBC content when it was endgame, before it got nerfed by 30%.
    Then you'll see why Wrath was a pile of dog poo.

Let's use the phrase that was mentioned before: You didn't play it, you can't have an opinion about it. Same stuff, no?

About TB's SC2 videos, they're better than Husky's in my opinion (this is my opinion), because he makes the game extremely exciting. Husky sometimes does this, but barely (or rather, not enough )
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2011-02-05 at 02:37 AM.

It's one of the drawbacks of being well-known. If you can't take it, don't go there. TB takes unusually much flak, and I'm guessing it's because he's a "synical" brit.
    Reap what you sow.
    Feels a bit wrong to talk about someone that's reading this though...
    I can evidently take it, that's why I'm still in this thread. It's fine, you can talk about me while I'm here, it's much more honest than doing so behind my back.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    Here, I give you Kael'thas. Play with him when he was fresh and exciting and you'll see why TBC was hard. No, in fact. Here is all of the TBC content when it was endgame, before it got nerfed by 30%.
    Then you'll see why Wrath was a pile of dog poo.

Let's use your phrase here: You didn't play it, you can't have an opinion about it.
    Actually that isn't my phrase. I even avoided bringing that into anything in my post. I only said i thought his opininon of wrath could be slightly skewed because of never doing the hard content. The people who are talking about not doing content are the people who say he shouldn't talk about it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalBiscuit View Post

Couldn't disagree more with everything you've just said. Best time I've ever had raiding. I particularly liked the 'ridiculously overtuned fights like Vashj and Kael'. That's a good line. More like, well designed fights (after the bugs were fixed) that challenged the raid to play well and had unique and interesting mechanics.
    There is no problem with challenging the raid, there is a problem with making the fight impossible to complete. That is not a well designed fight. After they "fixed" the fights many well coordinated guilds took them down fast.

If you enjoyed spending hours on this game doing nothing but farming the materials needed to craft your resist sets for the next boss, I really don't know what to say in that case.

I really think you are just looking back and feeling the nostalgia right now.

The thread had nothing to do with asking me to break NDAs until very recently so I dunno what it is you're trying to get at here.
    Just wondering why you respond to anything at all in these threads, not talking about the NDA, although that is a prime example.

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Trispec View Post
    Just wondering why you respond to anything at all in these threads, not talking about the NDA, although that is a prime example.
    Usually because I do actually care about the community and most of the time, criticism deserves a response. There is very little 'LOL TB IS SHIT AND A FAGIT' posting going on in this thread. Most of it isn't actually trolling.

Actually that isn't my phrase. I even avoided bringing that into anything in my post. I only said i thought his opininon of wrath could be slightly skewed because of never doing the hard content. The people who are talking about not doing content are the people who say he shouldn't talk about it at all.
    Once again, not relevant. You can, with qualification, say the majority of Wrath content was too easy, because it was. No, the minority of the content does not make up for the majority of it being poor, why would it? If 70% of your game is bad, yet 30% of it was good, is it a good game? Usually the answer to that question would be no.

Quote Originally Posted by Ares42 View Post
    ye, because he was so on spot with his "heroics are hard again" tirade ? Seriously, the expansion has been out for 2 months and I can heal through a heroic without using CC, never drinking, and not still not go below 50% mana.
    Uh, were YOU on the ptr? They were very challenging for a while when they first came out (which is when he started making the videos, right away). They nerfed them several times.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why it NDAed? Ask Google.

Hey, let's risk massive legal implications because some random guy on the internet thinks he can bait me into breaking a contract.

You want to know how much I make? Enough to justify dealing with this bullshit.

Pretty much this, which is standard practice in video-game development. The games that lock out harder difficulties are in the minority and it's bad development practice to do so anyway.
    Calm down, I'm not trying to offend you. Maybe this is why you get so much trouble, because your "trademark" is your ill behavior? It makes taking your complaints seriously even harder.

I'm sorry you hate what you do, hate the people it has to do with and have no pride or apparently no happiness in your work. But maybe you shouldn't take it out on me, this random guy in the internet you hate so much for no reason?
    I had no idea it would break any contract, because I don't understand what the NDA entails.

Reap what you sow. Don't come complaining about it though.

also TB you avatar kinda looks like A, a tumor with a stylish top hat and monical B, a ball sack with a stylish top hat and monical

not the most faltering thing but that is what it looks like to me

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trispec View Post
    not talking about the NDA, although that is a prime example.
    The clue is in the name - Non-Disclosure.......

What job do YOU do? How much do YOU get paid?

No need to answer that. I don't wish to know. The only reason I might want to know is if I were doing the exact same job as you, for comparison, but even then I wouldn't for one minute expect you to tell me.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can evidently take it, that's why I'm still in this thread. It's fine, you can talk about me while I'm here, it's much more honest than doing so behind my back.
    Well there's something we can agree on atleast.

Maybe if I knew more about you as a person I wouldn't give you criticism for what I think is a bad image, but I reckon that's a snowballs chance in hell of happening and as big a chance that you'd ever care.

I'm a nice guy, but internet seems to make me look like just another dumbass trying too hard. It's a shame.
    Last edited by Noomz; 2011-02-05 at 02:36 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's always hilarious when certain posters enter a debate and the topic of The Burning Crusade comes up, and as soon as it does they play down the difficulty of the raids. The difference between you and TB is he actually did those raids when they were relevant, and that validates his opinion and point of view concerning current content. Your achievement run you did two years after those raids were done doesn't validate your opinion, because you didn't actually experience it. Referring to how hard or easy of a time "top end" guilds had doing raids back then is even more meaningless than it is now, because a fraction of the people who raid now actually saw or completed the content, if they had even started playing WoW yet.
    Last edited by Kelzam; 2011-02-05 at 02:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arterus View Post
    Yes, people were totally in ToC 25 gear. Except for the fact that the gating the ICC bosses. Don't forget the weeks leading up to guilds actually killing Sindra/Putri/BQL to unlock Lich King on hard mode. Don't kid yourself, raids fighting that boss had full ICC25 normal gear, and quite a bit of 277 gear. Oh, and the fact that they had to wait for the 5% buff only further proves my point that it was a difficult boss.
    For one most 258 BiS items were better than lots of 264 (Wow, you mean ilvl doesn't have to do with gear quality? who knew?). And the fact they killed him as soon as the 5% buff came out (or damn near to it) proves that the mechanics weren't hard simply that the numbers were hard. Or did they suddenly become better because of that 5% buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Harith View Post
    also TB you avatar kinda looks like A, a tumor with a stylish top hat and monical B, a ball sack with a stylish top hat and monical

not the most faltering thing but that is what it looks like to me
    Its clearly..... a walnut. Sheesh. The people I have to hang around.... =P

Calm down, I'm not trying to offend you. Maybe this is why you get so much trouble, because your "trademark" is your ill behavior? It makes taking your complaints seriously even harder.
    My trademark is my cynical honesty. Some people mistake this as ill behaviour, they're usually very easily offended people.

I'm sorry you hate what you do, hate the people it has to do with and have no pride or apparently no happiness in your work. But maybe you shouldn't take it out on me, this random guy in the internet you hate so much for no reason?
    I had no idea it would break any contract, because I don't understand what the NDA entails.

Reap what you sow. Don't come complaining about it though.
    And here we have a bunch of ridiculous assertions with no basis in fact. Are you a psychologist now or a mindreader? I fucking love my work and am immensely proud of what I've accomplished, nor do I hate you because I don't know you and I don't actually care about you as a person.

But whatever, keep making blind assertions I guess, that's generally the way to derail a discussion into emotional bickering, a'la WoW General.

For your information, NDA = Non Disclosure Agreement, a legally binding contract which stipulates I cannot reveal my income, amongst other things. If I tell you, I risk getting not only fired, but also sued for breach of contract.